Ultimate British Air Tree: A Project to improve the UK Tech Tree (V2.0 OUT NOW!)

Ultimate British Air Tree

Hello! and welcome to the most ambitious British suggestion in War Thunder History, the Ultimate British Air Tree! This has been a project by me (@lxtav), @AVROVULCANXH558, @TerikG2014, @Headnaught, @Rileyy3437 and many, many others who are part of the Anglo-Maltese Suggestion server that has been in the making for months, in an attempt to bring you the Greatest, most ambitious potential future of the British Tech Tree in War Thunder. We hope to raise the awareness of just how many unique aircraft Britain can get, and to show people that Britain still has the potential to be one of the major nations in game.

Please note this was originally intended as a suggestion, however until we can provide more details on each vehicles we have decided it best to post here instead, we will try to transfer it to suggestions as soon as possible

The Tree

Please Note: All BRs are placeholders! many will not be 100% accurate, especially at higher tiers and after recent BR changes/decompression

Vehicle Descriptions

Branch 1: Light/ Multirole Fighters

Spoiler

Rank I

Spoiler

Fury Mk.I (BR 1.0)

Already in game

Single engine biplane fighter from the 30s, replaced as a reserve vehicle due to bad performance compared to competing reserves.

Fury Mk.II (BR 1.0)

Already in game

progression of the Fury Mk.I, replaced as a reserve vehicle due to bad performance compared to competing reserves.

Bristol 123 (BR 1.0)

Bristol Type 123 - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Single engined Biplane developed in the 1930s, armed with 4 7.7mm machine guns and replacing the fury’s as a reserve aircraft.

Bristol 133 (BR 1.0)

Single engine monoplane developed alongside the Type 123, armed with 4 7.7mm machine guns.

Bristol 146 (BR 1.7)

Bristol Type 146: The Last of Bristol's fighters - #4 by lxtav

Single engined monoplane developed as a competitor to the MB.2, Venom and others, armed with 8 x 7.7mm machine guns

Rank II

Spoiler

Hurricane Mk.I (BR 2.0)

Early version of the hurricane with a wooden, 2 bladed propeller, armed with the standard 8 x 7.7mm machine guns

Hurricane Mk.I/Late (BR 2.3)

Already in game

improved version of the Hurricane incorporating a metal, 3 bladed propeller. Still armed with the standard 8 x 7.7mm machine guns.

Hurricane Mk.IIB (BR 2.3)

Already in game

up gunned version of the Hurricane with 12 x 7.7mm machine guns, worse performance as a result of the extra weight.

Hurricane Mk.IIC (BR 2.7)

Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIC and Premium SAAF field modification. - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Further upgunned version of the hurricane with 4 x 20mm cannons, again considerably worse performance as a result

Hurricane Mk.V (BR 2.7)

The Ultimate "Super Hurricane" - Hawker Hurricane Mk.V - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Penultimate Hurricane variant, equipped with twin 40 or 20mm cannons and a 4 bladed propeller, powered by a Merlin 32 engine.

Typhoon Mk.Ia (BR 3.0)

Already in game

First variant of the Typhoon, armed with 12 x 7.7mm machine guns

Rank III

Spoiler

Tornado (Vulture) (BR 3.7)

Competitor to the Typhoon, this variant is equipped with the rolls-royce Vulture V engine and 12 7.7mm machine guns

Tornado (Centaurus) (BR 4.0)

Hawker Tornado (Centaurus C.E.4S) : the Proto-Typhoon - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Competitor to the Typhoon, equipped with the Bristol Centaurus CE 4S and armed with 4 20mm cannons

Typhoon Mk.Ib/Late (BR 4.3)

Already in game

Single engine fighter-bomber of the RAF from mid WW2, armed with 4 20mm cannons and a variety of suspended armament options.

Rank IV

Spoiler

E.28/39 (W4041) (BR 5.0)

Gloster E.28/39 W4041: Dawn of a New Age (part i)

One of the most advanced aircraft of its time, whilst lacking in armament, its manoeuvrability and flight performance make it a strong aircraft to fight against

Fury (NX798) (BR 5.7)

Tempest Evolved: Hawker F.2/43 Fury Mk I (Centaurus XVIII) Tempest Light Fighter - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Prototype land based version of the Hawker Sea Fury, successor to the Typhoon and Tempest, armed with 4 20mm cannons

Tempest Mk.V (BR 5.7)

Already in game

Single-seat fighter aircraft for the RAF, fitted with the Napier Sabre engine

Tempest Mk.II (BR 6.0)

Already in game

Single-seat fighter aircraft for the RAF, fitted with the Bristol Centaurus Mk. V radial piston engine, the short-barrelled Hispano Mk.V cannons and the standard Mk.V tail-unit.

Rank V

Spoiler

Vampire F.1(BR 7.0)

First production vampire variant for RAF, 4 Hispanos and a de Havilland Goblin Engine

Vampire FB.5 (BR 8.0)

Already in game

Version of the Vampire with improved Air to ground capability, armed with a wide array of Bombs and rockets

Vampire F.2 (BR 8.0)

Version of the Vampire with the Rolls Royce Nene engine instead of the De Havilland Ghost, far better performance as a result.

Sabre F.4 (BR 8.3)

CL-13 Mk.4 in RAF service, used as a stop gap in the 50s until more capable aircraft like the Hunter became available.

P.1081 (BR 8.7)

Hawker P.1081: Leading the Way

Prototype derived from the sea Hawk, converted from the P.1052, used to develop the design and features of the Hunter, capable of carrying 4 20mm Cannons

Rank VI

Spoiler

Hunter F.1 (BR 8.7)

Already in game

First Production variant of the Hunter, proposed to have a lower BR Due to it performing worse that other Hunters at the same BR

Hunter F.4 (BR 9.0)

Hawker Hunter F.4 (late production): The Hunter Matures

Improved version of the F.1, performs similar to other nations Hunters at hence should replace the F.1 at 9.0

Hunter F.5 (BR 9.0)

Hawker Hunter F.5: The Musketeer

Hunter F.4 with marginally better performance due to having the Sapphire 101 engine compared to the Avon 121 engine.

Hunter F.6 (BR 9.3)

Already in game

Last production Fighter variant of the Hunter with more powerful engine and slightly different design, we propose the removal of SRAAMs from this aircraft and for its place to be taken by the P.1109B

P.1109B (BR 9.3)

Hawker P.1109B - "The Nose Knows"

Hunter design roughly based of the F.6, incorporated AI.20 radar and Firestreak Air to Air missiles at the cost of 2 30mm ADEN cannons.

Hawk T.1A (BR 9.7)

BAE Hawk T.1A: The Trustworthy Teacher

Version of the Hawk T.1 modified for Combat, capable of carrying AIM-9 sidewinders, 30 mm ADEN cannon and various air to ground stores

Hawk Mk.63A

Export Version of the Hawk T.1 to the UAE with slightly better engine, Capable of carrying up to 4 Aim-9s compared to 2 on the T.1A

Rank VII

Spoiler

P.1121 (BR 10.0)

Proposed Supersonic “Super Hunter” Design, had started construction but was cancelled before completion (note the image shows the mockup with the actual aircraft in construction next to it)

Hawk 200 (early) (BR 11.3)

British Aerospace Hawk 200: The Hawk Becomes The Hunter

An early variation of the Hawk 200, with twin ADEN-25 cannons in the nose, we propose this to be limited in Air to air armament to just AIM-9 and Skyflash in order to make it unique from the later versions.

Phantom FGR.2 (BR 12.3)

Already in game

The Main RAF version of the F-4 Phantom also referred to as the F-4M, we propose it to recieve its historical AIM-9Ls in to make it Unique from the FG.1, hence its higher BR

Rank VIII

Spoiler

Hawk 200 (BR 13.7)

British Aerospace Hawk 200: The Hawk Becomes The Hunter - #31 by Fireraid233

an improved version of the early Hawk 200 swapping the Twin ADEN-25s for wingtip pylons, in this case would come to game with ASRAAM and AIM-120C to make it competitive at higher tiers.

Rank IX

Spoiler

Eurofighter Typhoon IPA.6 (BR 14.3)

The IPA.6 was the 6th Instrumented production Typhoon, it was converted from the series production aircraft BS031 and was used for the development of the Tranche 2 computer systems in preparation for the Tranche 2 upgrades.

Eurofighter Typhoon FGR.4 (BR 15.0)

Eurofighter Typhoon FGR.4: The Storm Bringer

The Latest iteration of the Eurofighter in RAF service, having incorporated new equipment and greatly enhanced air to ground munitions including the Brimstone air to ground missile.

Rank X

Spoiler

Eurofighter Typhoon FGR.4 (Project Centurion) (BR 15.7)

Eurofighter Typhoon FGR.4: The Storm Bringer

An upgrade of the FGR.4, incorporates the MBDA Meteor BVRAAM as a replacement to the AIM-120C

Branch 2: Interceptors

Spoiler

Rank I

Spoiler

Gladiator Mk.I (BR 1.0)

Gloster Gladiator Mk I: Beginning of the End - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

First Production variant of the Gladiator Armed with 4 7.7mm Machine guns, put at 1.0 to replace the Furys as they perform horribly compared to other reserves.

Gladiator Mk.II (BR 1.0)

Already in game

Second version of the Gladiator, also moved to 1.0 due to not having any large performance jumps over other Reserve premiums

F.5/34 (BR 1.3)

Gloster F.5/34 - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Made to compete against the MB.2 and others, armed with 8 7.7mm Machine guns.

Venom (BR 2.0)

Vickers Type 279 "Venom" - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Made to compete against the MB.2, F.5/34 and others, also armed with 8 7.7mm machine guns

Rank II

Spoiler

Spitfire Mk.I (BR 2.3)

Spitfire F. I early-production model - New Tier I Aircraft with a Punch - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

First Production variant of the Spitfire, equipped with 2 bladed wooden propellor, inline canopy, no bullet proof glass and several other minor differences from later spits

Spitfire Mk.Ia (BR 3.0)

Already in game

Improved version of the Mk.I, now with a blown canopy and metal, 3 bladed propellor

Spitfire Mk.IIa (BR 3.0)

Already in game

Improvement over the Mk.I with the Merlin XII engine, performance marginally improved as a result

Spitfire Mk.IIb (BR 3.7)

Already in game

A Mk.II with the B type wing, armed with 4 x 7.7mm and 2 x 20mm cannons

Spitfire Mk.Vb/Trop (3.7)

Already in game

Version of the Mk.Vb equipped with a dust filter for desert operations, worse performance compared to the regular Mk.V as a result

Spitfire Mk.Vb (BR 4.0)

Already in game

main production variant of the Mk.Vs, equipped with the Merlin 45 engine and armed with 4 x 7.7mm and 2 x 20mm cannons

Rank III

Spoiler

Spitfire F.IX (BR 4.3)

Already in game

Built to compete against the German Fw 190 fighters that outclassed the Mk.Vs, armed with 4 x 7.7mm and 2 x 20mm cannons

Spitfire F.XVI (BR 5.0)

Already in game

The final Merlin-powered variant of the Spitfire, the Spitfire F Mk XVI was a Spitfire LF Mk IX equipped with the Packard Merlin 266 engine, a Rolls-Royce Merlin 66 licence-built by the American Packard Motor Company.

Spitfire Mk.Vc/Trop (BR 4.7)

Already in game

Version of the Mk.V with a Dust filter for desert conditions and C type wing, worse performance as a result of the filter

Spitfire Mk.Vc (BR 5.0)

Already in game

Introduced the C type wing onto the spitfire airframe, allowed for 4 20mm cannons to be equipped in the wings

Rank IV

Spoiler

Spitfire F.XIVe (BR 5.7)

Already in game

an improvement over the First Griffon powered spitfires with the Griffon 65 engine also one of the first variants to introduce the ‘Teardrop’ canopy.

Spitfire F.XVIII (BR 5.7)

Already in game

Refinement of the F.XIV, including the same engine however had several structural differences leading to stronger build, flight performance was almost identical to the F.XIV

Spitfire LF.IX (BR 5.7)

Already in game

Most produced Mk.IX variant of spitfire, equipped with the more powerful Merlin 66 engine

Spitfire F.21 (BR 6.7)

Supermarine Spitfire F Mk.21 - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Very similar in performance to the F.22, except uses the original Canopy layout alongside a slightly longer tail section

Spitfire F.22 (BR 6.7)

Already in game

Version of the Spitfire built similar to the Supermarine Spiteful, armed with 4 20mm Cannons

Spitfire F.24 (BR 7.0)

Already in game

Upgraded version of the F.22, the final version of the Spitfire however never saw combat.

Spiteful F.XVI (BR 7.0)

Supermarine Spiteful F.XVI - Ultimate Spiteful

designed as a successor to the spitfire, however due to advancements in Jet aircraft made it obsolete and never entered service

Rank V

Spoiler

Meteor F.2 (BR 7.0)

Gloster Meteor F Mk.II - "An Inglorious End"

Version of the meteor with Halford engines, was ditched in favour of the F.3 variation

Meteor F.3 (7.3)

Already in game

Arguably the first successful Meteor variant, powered by two Derwent I engines

Sea Meteor F.3 (BR 7.3)

Already in game

Version of the Meteor F.3 modified for carrier operations never saw serial production.

Meteor F.4 G.41F (BR 7.7)

Already in game

Upgraded version of the F.3, featuring the Derwent 5 Engines.

Meteor F.4 G.41G (BR 8.0)

Already in game

Version of the F.4 with shortened wings allowing for higher G turns at speed

Swift F.1 (BR 8.3)

Already in game

first version of the Single Seat Fighter operated by britain in the Late 50s, used in conjunction with the Hawker Hunter, Armed with 2 x 30mm ADEN cannons

Swift FR.5 (BR 8.7)

Tactical reconnaissance version of the Swift, retains the 2 x 30mm ADEN cannons but features a more powerful afterburning engine like the F.7

Swift F.7

Already in game

Version of the Swift outfitted to carry several Fireflash air to air missiles, armed with 2 x 30mm ADEN cannons in game

Rank VI

Spoiler

Gnat F.1 (BR 9.0)

Folland Gnat F.1: Sabre Slayer

Light Fighter developed as a competitor to the Hunter, Used as a trainer by the RAF but saw service as a fighter with Finland and India

Gnat F.2 (BR 9.3)

Version of the Gnat F.1 with Reheat engines, the wing of the aircraft was built however was cancelled before a full airframe could be assembled

Type 545 (BR 9.0)

Supermarine Type 545: Britain's Lost Fighter

Designed as a successor to the Supermarine Swift, however cancelled not long before it could take flight, carried 4 30mm ADEN cannons and had provision for up to 4 Red top/ Firestreak missiles.

Lightning F.2 (BR 9.0)

Earlier version of the Lightning, incompatible with Red Tops however could swap out missiles for an extra 2 ADEN Cannons.

Lightning F.6 (BR 9.3)

Already in game

Improved version of the Lightning, incorporating Red Top missiles at the cost of the optional ADEN gun pack

Rank VII

Spoiler

Tornado F.2A (BR 11.3)

Panavia Tornado F.2A: Tonka goes Hunting

Version of the Tornado F.2 upgraded to F.3 standard, retains the weaker engines of the F.2.

Tornado F.3 (BR 12.0)

Already in game

Improved version of the Tornado F.2, incorporating the Skyflash missiles and more powerful engines.

Rank VIII

Spoiler

Tornado F.3 FSP (BR 13.3)

Already in game (technically)

FSP (F.3 Sustainment program) is an Upgraded version of the Tornado F.3, also referred to as the CSP (Combat sustainability program) that incorporated several upgrades including AIM-120 Missiles onto the Tornado, currently dubbed Tornado F.3(late) in game.

Eurofighter Typhoon DA.2 (BR 13.7)

Eurofighter Typhoon DA.2: Birth of a Modern British Legend

First British built Eurofighter, equipped with the ECR-90 Pulse doppler radar, RB199 engines and was used for ASRAAM testing.

Rank IX

Spoiler

Eurofighter Typhoon F.2 (BR 14.3)

Eurofighter Typhoon F.2: The Tranche 1 Tiffy (Part 2)

First Fighter Version of the Eurofighter Typhoon for the RAF, equipped with both AIM-120 and ASRAAM missiles

Branch 3: Heavy Fighters

Spoiler

Rank I

Spoiler

Lysander Mk.I (20mm)

Modified Lysander projected for use in strafing barges in a potential german invasion of Britain, never produced serially due to waning threat.

Buffalo Mk.I (BR 1.7)

Brewster Buffalo Mk I "Horrible Heffalumps"

British Version of the F2A-2 downgraded with 4 x 7.7mm machine guns instead of 12.7mm

Mohawk IV (BR 2.0)

Curtiss Mohawk IV: A Familiar Yet Different Face

Version of the H-75-A4 in british Service, several diverted from france following their surrender in 1940 armed with 6 x 7.7mm Machine guns

Rank II

Spoiler

Airacobra Mk.IA (BR 2.3)

P-400 in British service, better performance due to being slightly lighter and having a more powerful engine.

Tomahawk Mk.I (BR 2.0)

Curtiss Tomahawk Mk.I: Designed in America, Bought by the French, Used by the British

Version of the H-81A Diverted to Britain from a french order after the fall of france, Armed with 2 x 12.7mm and 4 x 7.7mm Machine guns but has no armour or self sealing fuel tanks

Tomahawk Mk.IIB (BR 2.3)

Curtiss Tomahawk Mk.IIB: Perfecting the Imperfect

Upgraded version of the Tomahawk ordered directly for Britain, fixing many of the issues encountered on previous versions, retains the same armament though

Kittyhawk Mk.I (BR 2.3)

Curtiss Kittyhawk Mk.I: So Much Better It's Actually A New Aircraft

Version of the P-40 in RAF service, ordered directly for Britain, functionally identical to the P-40E however in this case would come in its early variation with only 4 x 12.7mm machine guns, making it identical to the P-40D not currently in game

Kittyhawk Mk.IA (BR 2.7)

Curtiss Kittyhawk Mk.IA: The Same Aircraft, Now Under Lend Lease!

Functionally identical to the Kittyhawk Mk.I, however delivered under lend-lease, would come with 6 x 12.7mm Machine guns making it identical to the P-40E in game, technically already in game as skins for the US P-40E

Rank III

Spoiler

Mustang Mk.I (BR 3.3)

North American Mustang Mk.I: The Forgotten First Production Mustang

The first Production variant of the Mustangs, designed exclusively for the RAF, armed with 4 x 7.7machine guns and 4 x 12.7mm machine guns

Mustang Mk.III (BR 3.7)

North American Mustang Mk.III: Now With a Merlin!

British version of the P-51B/C, unique due to its Malcolm hood canopy offering greater visibility in cockpit, armed with 4 2.7mm Machine guns

Whirlwind Mk.I (BR 3.7)

Already in game

The first Single seat, Cannon armed twin engined fighter of the RAF, designed as a heavy, long range alternative to the Hurricane.

Welkin Mk.I (BR 4.3)

Westland Welkin - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

A high Altitude interceptor based off the Whirlwind, designed to combat the German high altitude bomber threat from Ju-86P bombers that never materialised

Type 432 (BR 4.3)

Vickers Type 432 - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

High altitude Interceptor equipped with Griffon engines, never put into production due to the High altitude bomber threat never materialising, armed with 6 20mm cannons

Mosquito F.II (BR 4.0)

Pure Fighter Version of the Mosquito, better performance than the FB.IV in game but no suspended armament

Mosquito F.XV (BR 4.3)

Version of the NF.XV without Radar, better performance compared to the F.II

Rank IV

Spoiler

Mustang Mk.IV (BR 5.0)

North American Mustang Mk.IV: A Different Approach to A Common Issue

RAF Designation for the P-51D in british Service, identical to the Variants in USAF Service

Hornet F.3 (BR 6.0)

Already in game

Main Production variant of the Hornet, Armed with 4 x 20mm Cannons and a wide array of suspended weaponry

Meteor F.1 (BR 6.3)

Gloster Meteor Mk 1 - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

First Variant of the Meteor, credited with the First Jet to Jet kill after it shot down a german V-1 Flying bomb.

Rank V

Spoiler

E.1/44 (BR 7.0)

Single Engined alternative to the Meteor, this version equipped with the Nene II Engine and 4 20mm Cannons

DH.110 (BR 8.0)

Aircraft designed to compete against the Javelin, lost out for RAF Service but was further developed by the Navy into the Sea Vixen, armed with 4 x 30mm ADEN Cannons.

Meteor F.8 (ADEN) (BR 8.3)

An F.8 modified for 30mm ADEN trails, Armed with 2 x 30mm ADEN cannons and provision for another 2 x 20mm Hispano Cannons

Branch 4: Night/ South African Fighters

Spoiler

Rank I

Spoiler

Blenheim Mk.IF (BR 1.0)

Bristol Blenheim MK.1 - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Version of the Mk.I modified for Night Fighter duties, armed with an extra 4 x 7.7mm gun pack under the fuselage and an AI Mk.IV airborne radar.

Blenheim Mk.IVF (BR 1.3)

Bristol Blenheim Mk IVF: The Blenfighter - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Version of the Mk.IV that underwent the same conversions as the Mk.IF, This version also had the option of mounting a 20mm Cannon in the observer’s position at the cost of the remaining suspended armament.

Hotspur (BR 1.0)

Hawker Hotspur: Turret Fighter Testbed - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Designed to compete against the Bolton-Paul Defiant, lost out due to long development time and never progressed past the prototype stage, armed with 1 x 7.7mm Machine gun in the nose and 4 x 7.7mm in the turret.

Defiant Mk.I (BR 1.3)

infamous night fighter of the RAF, whilst lacking the Forward facing machine gun of the Hotspur it has the ability to lock the turret facing forwards at 19 degrees and fired by the pilot, also has better performance than the Hotspur.

Defiant Mk.II (BR 1.3)

[Aircraft] Boulton Paul Defiant NF Mk.II - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Improved version of the Mk.I with a Merlin XX engine, however extra performance is counteracted by the addition of an AI Mk.IV radar.

Rank II

Spoiler

Hurricane NF.IIC (BR 2.3)

Hurricane Mk.IIC equipped with AI Mk.IV Radar, retains the 4 x 20mm Cannons of the standard version however worse performance due to increased weight

Beaufighter Mk.IF (BR 2.3)

Night Fighter Beaufighter with AI Mk.IV Radar and Bristol hercules engines, worse performance than the Mk.IV due to added weight and no suspended armament options

Beaufighter Mk.IIF (BR 2.3)

Beaufighter Mk.I modified with Merlin XX engines due to high demand for the Hercules on the Short Stirling, marginally better performance as a result

Beaufighter Mk.IVF (BR 3.0)

Beaufighter Mk.IV Identical to the standard version however is equipped with an AI Mk.VIII radar

Rank III

Spoiler

Mosquito NF.II (BR 3.0)

A mosquito F.II Equipped with an AI Mk.IV Radar replacing the 4 x 7.7mm in the nose, considerably worse performance due to the extra weight.

Mosquito NF.XIII (BR 3.3)

Version based off of the NF.II however incorporating the upgraded AI Mk.VIII radar.

Mosquito NF.XV (BR 3.3)

Conversion of the F.XV with AI Mk.VIII radar, the 7.7mm machine guns were moved to a ventral pack similar the the Blenheims

Mosquito NF.XVI (BR 3.3)

Modified version of the High altitude PR.XVI equipped with AI Mk.VIII radar.

Mosquito NF.XIX (BR 3.7)

Derived from the Mk.XIII but with improved performance from twin Merlin 25 engines, also sold to Sweden as the J30.

Mosquito NF.30 (BR 4.0)

Final wartime mosquito and powered by Merlin 76 engines, also carried early ECM equipment on board

Rank IV

Spoiler

Welkin NF.II (BR 4.7)

Two seat Night fighter variant of the Welkin Mk.I, only one built due to the German high altitude bomber threat never materialising

Rank V

Spoiler

Meteor NF.11 (BR 7.3)

First Night Fighter Meteor, Derived from the T.7 and equipped with an Air intercept (AI) radar.

Meteor NF.14 (BR 7.7)

redesigned NF.11 with longer nose and redesigned canopy with better visibility, slightly better performance due to reduced drag

Vampire NF.10 (BR 7.3)

Night fighter version based of the F.1, equipped with an AI Mk.X radar and a De Haviland Goblin engine

Venom NF.2 (BR 7.7)

A two seat Night Fighter based on a design originally planned for Egypt, developed as an Interim until the NF.3 was available

Venom NF.3 (BR 8.3)

Upgraded NF.2 equipped with Ejection seats, a more powerful Ghost 104 engine and an AI.21 (AN/APS-57) radar provided through the US Military assistance programme

Javelin FAW.2 (BR 7.7)

Second Production variant of the Javelin, Equipped with the AI.22 Radar based off the American AN/APQ-43 radar.

Javelin FAW.7 (BR 8.0)

Introduced the new Sa.7 engines and armed with up to 4 Firestreaks, Functionally identical to the FAW.9 just without Reheat

Rank VI

Spoiler

Javelin FAW.9 (BR 8.3)

Already in game

Final version of the Javelin, essentially an upgraded FAW.7 with revised wing structure and Afterburner

Lighting P.1A (BR 8.7)

English Electric Lighting P.1A (WG763): First Strike - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Prototype for the Lightning, without the Inlet Cone, armed with 2 x 30mm ADEN Cannons with 125 rounds each

SR.177 (BR 9.0)

Mixed fuel interceptor being developed in the 1950s, ultimately doomed by corruption and politics and cancelled before the Prototype could be fully complete, Armed with either 2 Firestreak or Red Top Air to air Missiles and equipped with an AI.23 Radar

Rank VII

Spoiler

Mirage IIIR2Z (BR 10.7)

Dassault-Breguet Mirage IIIR2Z - "South Africa's Shooting Star"

Recon Variant of the Mirage IIICZ, similar to the Mirage IIIR however armed with 2 x 30mm DEFA cannons and either 2x Magic 1 or V3B Missiles.

Mirage IIICZ (BR 11.0)

Mirage IIIC Built for the South African Air force, Would be almost identical to the IIIC in game but with the addition of V3B missiles

Cheetah E (BR 11.0)

Atlas Cheetah E

Interim Upgrade of the Mirage III Until the C variant became available, Armed with a Variety of bombs and Missiles such as the V3B and Magic 1s, was also capable of taking V3Cs but we suggest it comes without them due to them being incredibly OP missiles for the airframe.

Mirage F1CZ (BR 12.0)

Export variant of the Mirage F1C to South Africa, Functionally identical to the F1C in game except with the addition of V3A/B/C missiles.

Rank VIII

Spoiler

Super Mirage F1 (BR 12.7)

super mirage F1 the dart aiming to pierce the sun

South African Mirage F1AZ equipped with the SMR-95 engine from the MiG-29, Armed with up to 2 Magic 2 and 2 R-73E missiles

Cheetah C (BR 13.3)

Atlas Cheetah C - "Swartkop Sprinter"

Massive Upgrade of the Mirage III and the Final production development of the Cheetah series, Equipped with a Wide array of Armement including R-Darter and V-3D Missiles

Rank IX

Spoiler

JAS39C Gripen (BR 14.0)

Already in game

Most modern Aircraft in the South African Air forces inventory, with 17 in service, BR Changed due to the changing of its armament to its real life armament with IRIS-T

Branch 5: Naval Aircraft

Spoiler

Rank I

Spoiler

Nimrod Mk.I (BR 1.0)

Already in game

Carrier Based Fighter designed in the early 30s and loosely based of off the Fury, Removed as reserve for being obsolete compared to other Reserve Aircraft the same as the Fury’s

Nimrod Mk.II (BR 1.0)

Already in game

Upgraded Mk.I with a Swept Wing and more powerful engine, also removed for being obsolete compared to competitors

Sea Gladiator Mk.I (BR 1.0)

Already in game

Gloster Gladiator modified for Carrier operations for the Royal Navy, Replacing the Nimrod as Naval reserve due to being more comparable with other nations reserves

Skua Mk.II (BR 1.3)

British Dive Bomber - Blackburn Skua - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

First Metal Monoplane fighter of the FAA, seeing service in the early stages of WW2 such as the Norwegian Campaigns, Armed with 4 x 7.7mm machine guns in the wings, 1 x 7.7mm Machine gun in a rear turret and a small array of suspended armament

Roc Mk.I (Br 1.0)

https://old-forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/507258-blackburn-roc/

Turret fighter based off the Blackburn Skua, armed with 4 x 7.7mm Machine guns in the dorsal turret and a small amount of bombs

Martlet Mk.I (BR 2.0)

First version of the F4F in British Service, similar to the F4F-3 however with a worse performing engine.

Rank II

Spoiler

Sea Hurricane Mk.IB (BR 2.0)

Already in game

Navalised version of the Hurricane Mk.I fitted with catapult and arrestor gear equipment, armed with
the standard 8 x 7.7mm machine guns

Sea Hurricane Mk.IC (BR 2.7)

Already in game

Navalised version of the Hurricane Mk.I fitted with catapult and arrestor gear equipment, armed with 4 x 20mm Cannons

Fulmar Mk.I (BR 2.3)

https://old-forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/446022-fairey-fulmar/

First Variant of the Fulmar naval fighter, with a Merlin VIII Engine, armed with 8 x 7.7mm Machine guns in the wings

Fulmar Mk.II (BR 2.7)

https://old-forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/446022-fairey-fulmar/

Upgraded version of the Fulmar equipped with the Merlin XXX engine, also armed with either 8 x 7.7mm or 4 12.7mm Machine guns

Corsair Mk.I (BR 2.3)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/vought-corsair-mk-i-the-long-nosed-pirate-i/125921

Variant of the F4U-1 in British service, outfitted with the birdcage canopy and non water cooled R-2800-8 engine, this variant never actually operated from British carriers due to their wings being too long, they are armed with 6 x 12.7mm machine guns and up to 1000 lbs of bombs

Corsair Mk.IV (BR 2.7)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/goodyear-corsair-mk-iv-the-long-nosed-pirate-iv/127088

A Variant of the F4U-1A Corsair licence built by goodyear, dubbed the FG-1A, these were an improvement over the previous Mk.I (F4U-1) due to a bulged canopy and slightly improved R-2800-8W engine featuring water cooling, although the armament of 6 x 12.7mm and 1000 lbs of bombs stays the same

Corsair Mk.IV (late) (BR 3.0)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/goodyear-corsair-mk-iv-the-long-nosed-pirate-iv/127088

a slightly confusing name, however this is a Corsair based on the FG-1D (F4U-1D) built by Goodyear, this variant features the same upgrades that were introduced on the standard F4U-1D including an increased ground attack ordinance of 2000 lbs

Rank III

Spoiler

Hellcat Mk.I (BR 3.0)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/grumman-hellcat-mk-i-a-hungry-hungry-gannet-i/127366/2

British Designation for the F6F-3 Hellcat, also known as Gannet F Mk.I, over 1300 hellcats were delivered to the RN through lend lease including both the Mk.I and Mk.II variants.

Hellcat FR Mk.II (BR 3.3)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/grumman-hellcat-fr-mk-ii-a-hungry-hungry-gannet-iii/127367

A Modified version of the Hellcat Mk.II, loosely based on the F6F-5P, equipped with Camera equipment for Fighter-Recon roles, many were planned to see combat in the planned invasion of japan however the war ended before it could happen, it was armed with 6 x 12.7mm machine guns, 2000 lbs of bombs under the fuselage, and 1000 lbs under each wing, a torpedo and a variety of Tiny tim and HVAR rockets

Hellcat NF Mk.II (BR 4.3)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/grumman-hellcat-nf-mk-ii-a-hungry-hungry-gannet-ii/124625

British Designation of the F6F-5N, it was adopted too late to see combat with the RN however was retained post war to evaluate its effectiveness as a potential night fighter, it was armed with 2 x 20mm cannons, 4 x 12.7mm machine guns and up to 3000 lbs of bombs, rockets or a torpedo. It had a max speed of 629 km/h, a service ceiling of 11,400m and a climb rate of 13m/s

Firebrand F.I (BR 3.3)

First Production variant of the Blackburn Firebrand, 50 ordered however most were completed as TF.II or III standard

Firebrand TF.IV (BR 3.7)

Already in game

Improved variant with the Centaurus IX Engine, Many completed as TF.V standard instead

Firebrand TF.VA (BR 4.0)

An improved variant of the Firebrand TF.IV, maintaining the same armament of 4 x 20mm Hispanos and a wide suspended armament selection, however this variant introduces Hydraulically Boosted Ailerons to address its roll rate issues, giving it improved manoeuvrability

Firefly F.I (BR 3.3)

Already in game

Fighter version of the Firefly without any Recon or Radar Equipment, armed with 4 Hispano Mk.II cannons.

Firefly FR.V (BR 3.7)

Already in game

Development of the Firefly with the Griffon engine and Hispano Mk.V cannons, also equipped with Recon equipment for reconnaissance

Seafire LF.III (BR 5.0)

Already in game

First True Navalised version of the spitfire, powered by the more powerful Merlin 55 Engine and armed with4 x 7.7mm machine guns alongside 2 x 20mm Cannons

Rank IV

Spoiler

Seafire F.XVII (BR 5.3)

Already in game

Improved Seafire, powered by a rolls-royce Griffon engine and fitted with Hispano Mk.V cannons over the older Mk.IIs.

Seafire FR.47 (BR 5.7)

Already in game

Final version of the Seafire, incorporating several upgrades over all previous variants, serving all the way up to 1951 and seeing combat mainly in the Asia-pacific Region.

Seafang F.31 (BR 6.0)

https://old-forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/168951-supermarine-f143-38-n545-spiteful-38-seafang/

The navalised version of the Spiteful, suffered the same fate of becoming obsolete in the face of advancing Jet Technology, only 9 production aircraft were made.

Sea Fury FB.11 (BR 5.7)

Already in game

Post War Turboprop aircraft used by the Royal navy and several other navies around the world, armed with 4 x 20mm cannons and an array of Suspended armament

Sea Fury F.10 (BR 6.0)

https://old-forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/412017-hawker-sea-fury-fx-legendary-performance/

Earlier Version of the Sea fury without any capability for carrying bombs, slightly lighter and with better performance than the FB.11.

Sea Hornet F.20 (BR 5.7)

Navalised Version of the Hornet designed to operate from carriers, worse performance due to increased weight from arrestor and catapult gear.

Sea Hornet NF.21 (BR 6.0)

https://old-forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/399797-de-havilland-sea-hornet-nf-mk21/

Night Fighter for the FAA equipped with the improved Merlin 133, 134 or 135 engines, also armed with an AN/APS4 and a second crew member in a bubble canopy in the rear.

Rank V

Spoiler

Attacker FB.1 (BR 7.0)

Already in game

Modified Attacker F.1, capable of carrying Bombs and rockets, armed with 4 x 20mm Cannons and an array of suspended armament

Sea Hawk FB.3 (BR 7.7)

First Fighter bomber variant of the Sea Hawk, similar to the F.2 except with stronger wings to accommodate the suspended armament.

Sea Hawk FGA.6 (BR 8.0)

Already in game

Improved variant of the FGA.4 incorporating the Nene 103 engine, was the second most produced variant of the Sea Hawk behind the FB.3

P.1052 (BR 8.3)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/hawker-p-1052-sea-hawk-gets-new-wings/16927

Prototype variant of the sea hawk with 40 degree swept wings, with full provisions for carrying the standard 4 x 20mm cannons of standard Sea Hawks

Sea Venom FAW.20 (BR 7.7)

Already in game

Initial production variant of the Sea Venom, modified from the NF.2A, equipped with the AI Mk.10 Radar

Sea Venom FAW.22 (BR 8.3)

https://old-forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/552921-de-havilland-sea-venom-faw-mk22-stopgap-slugger/

Improved Version of the Sea Venom with the Ghost 105 engine, either the AI.21 or 22 Radars and Twin Firestreak Air to Air missiles, is credited with being the first combat Aircraft of the FAA to use Air to Air missiles

Rank VI

Spoiler

Scimitar F.1 (BR 8.7)

Already in game

Twin engines, near-supersonic Fighter aircraft of the FAA, partially developed from the Attacker, Armed with 4 x 30mm ADEN cannons, up to 4 x AIM-9 Sidewinders, and several other types of suspended armament

Sea Vixen FAW.1 (BR 8.7)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/de-haviland-sea-vixen-faw-1-ugly-yet-beautiful/64792

First iteration of the Sea Vixen, without any Red Top capability, armed with 28 RP rockets in pods behind the nose wheel, these could technically be swapped out for 4 x 30mm ADEN cannons as that is what the Prototype carried before being swapped to rockets

P.1154 (RN) (BR 9.7)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/hawker-siddeley-p-1154-royal-navy-daddy-sea-harrier/53272

Supersonic VTOL aircraft being designed for the Royal Navy and the All weather fighter version of the P.1154, however cancelled before construction was complete, was to be armed with 2 x 30mm Cannons and up to 4 red top missiles

Rank VII

Spoiler

Sea Harrier FRS.1(e) (BR 10.7)

Already in game

Navalised version of the harrier designed for fleet air defence from the Navy’s new STOVL carriers, This version is the Pre-Falklands Variant without the Twin AIM-9L mounts.

Phantom FG.1 (BR 12.0)

Already in game

McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom Modified for British Service, Equipped with Carrier Equipment, Rolls Royce Spey engines and an improved radar. This version did not get AIM-9Ls in service unlike the FGR.2s

Rank VIII

Spoiler

Sea Harrier FA.2 (BR 13.0)

Already in game

Massive Upgrade package of the FRS.1 from the Late 80s, incorporating Blue Vixen radar, AMRAAM and several other Upgrades, widely considered to be the Last Purely British Harrier.

Rank IX

Spoiler

P.1216 (BR 14.3)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/bae-p-1216-the-last-great-british-stovl/73548

A Supersonic Stovl Project from the 80s to replace the Sea Harrier, had immense Amounts of research and development put into it, however due to its classified nature it is unknown if a prototype was started before its cancellation, could be swapped for a commonwealth F/A-18 such as an upgraded Canadian CF-18 or Australian F/A-18s if it does not meet the standard for the game

Rank X

Spoiler

F-35B (BR 16.3)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/lockheed-martin-f-35b-lightning-the-lightning-strikes-again/49884/3

Most modern and advance aircraft currently in use with both the RAF and FAA, currently operating mainly from the QE class of carriers they serve as Britain’s main Naval fighter and are set to serve for decades to come, some unique british modifications include the integration of the MBDA ASRAAM and Meteor Air to Air Missiles

38 Likes

Branch 6: Maritime/ Naval Strike

Spoiler

Rank I

Spoiler

Swordfish Mk.I (BR 1.0)

Already in game

Single Engined Naval bomber used as a Torpedo bomber and light maritime patrol aircraft, often called ‘Stringbag’ due to its outdated construction, gained fame through several major events throughout the war.

Swordfish Mk.III (BR 1.0)

Upgraded Swordfish Mk.II capable of carrying a large Centimetric Radar dorsally, also capable of RATO (Rocket Assisted Take Off) operations

Albacore Mk.I (BR 1.0)

Fairey Albacore - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Originally conceived to replace the swordfish, first entering service in 1940, capable of carrying either a Torpedo or up to 2000 lbs of bombs as suspended armament

Walrus Mk.I (BR 1.0)

Already in game (Technically)

Single engine Recon/ Maritime patrol aircraft designed to operate from Catapult equipped ships, armed with 2 defensive machine guns and a small amount of bombs. Already in game as a recon aircraft on some british Ships

Sea Otter Mk.I (BR 1.0)

Developed as a refinement of the Walrus featuring several minor improvements including an additional defensive gun in the rear

Perth (BR 1.3)

Blackburn Perth - The floating 37mm - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

The Largest Biplane Flying boat ever in service with the RAF, equipped with a 37mm C.O.W gun for anti shipping roles and up to 2000 lbs of Bombs

V-156-B1 (BR 1.3)

Already in game

Originally ordered for the French as V-156-Fs, however after the fall of france in 1940 Britain took over the order and had them built to British Specification

Rank II

Spoiler

Sunderland Mk.III (BR 1.7)

Already in game

Main Production variant of the Short Sunderland, with over 450 units produced, This version has been modified with 4 forward firing machine guns for strafing U-boats.

Sunderland Mk.V (BR 2.0)

Already in game

Final Production variant of the Sunderland, provides upgrades over the Mk.III with the addition of several 12.7mm Machine guns in defensive positions

Sunderland Mk.IV (Seaford) (BR 2.3)

Short S.45 Seaford: The Super Sunderland - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Designed as a replacement to the Sunderland late in the war, featuring several upgrades even including a Twin 20mm Turret and an improved bomb load, however only 8 production aircraft were produced before the war ended and production was ceased.

Wellington GR.VIII (BR 2.3)

Wellington Mk.IC modified for RAF Coastal command, outfitted with equipment such as mines/depth charges, ASV radar and, on some aircraft, a Leigh light

Wellington GR.XIV (BR 2.7)

Maritime Modification of the B.X with a Chin mounted ASV Mk.III radar, also equipped with Rails for equipping RP-3 Rockets under the wings

Warwick GR.II (BR 3.0)

Vickers Warwick GR.Mk.II: Forgotten Warrior

development of the wellington and an Improved version of the Warwick B.I outfitted for Maritime patrol, was capable of taking a variety of Bombs, rockets or torpedos and was also outfitted with 8 x 7.7mm machine guns for defence

Warwick Mk.V (BR 3.3)

Vickers Warwick GR.Mk.V: Forgotten Warrior (part ii)

Penultimate combat version of the Warwick incorporating many upgrades over the previous models, including 12.7mm machine guns in the nose and improved performance

Barracuda Mk.II (BR 2.7)

Fairey Barracuda Mk.II: The Deadly Fish (ii)

designed as a replacement to the Fairey albacore, with it first being introduced in early 1943, could be armed with a variety of bombs and armament including a Torpedo or around 1500 lbs of bombs, mines or depth charges

Barracuda Mk.III (BR 3.0)

Anti-submarine version of the Barracuda Mk.II, fitted with an ASV Mk.III radar in a blister under the tail

Barracuda Mk.V (BR 3.3)

Final Version of the Barracuda, equipped with the Griffin 37 engine, revised tail and an ASH radar under the wing, Payload was increased to around 2000 lbs of suspended armament

Rank III

Spoiler

Sea Mosquito TR.33 (BR 3.7)

de Havilland Sea Mosquito TR.33 - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Navalised version of the Mosquito, outfitted for Torpedo bombing, it could also carry up to 4 x 500lbs bombs both internally or under the wings

Spearfish (BR 4.0)

Fairey Spearfish - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

developed as a replacement to the Barracuda and incorporated a massive amount of upgrades over its predecessors, including a remote controlled twin 12.7mm Turret in the rear and having a bomb bay large enough to house a Torpedo, minimising speed loss.

Wyvern TF.2 (BR 4.3)

Original production variant of the Wyvern and also the First Turboprop variant to be produced, originally 20 aircraft were ordered however only 9 were finished before the FAA changed their order to the TF.4 standard.

Sturgeon S.1 (BR 4.3)

Short Sturgeon S.Mk.1: The Royal Navy's First Twin

designed as a naval torpedo/ reconnaissance bomber, only one was completed and the rest were modified as Target Tugs instead.

Fortress Mk.IIA (BR 4.7)

British Designation for the B-17E in RAF service, most airframes (like many lend lease bombers) were used as maritime patrol and anti submarine aircraft, although they still retained all the capabilities of a standard B-17E.

Rank IV

Spoiler

Liberator GR.I (5.0)

Designation for the RAFs purchases Liberators refitted for Anti Submarine roles, modifications include 4 forward firing 20mm cannons and the inclusion of ASV radar

Liberator GR.V (BR 5.3)

Consolidated Liberator GR. Mk. V - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Main Maritime patrol variant of the Liberator outfitted with ASV radar and Leigh lights, many were outfitted with up to 8 RP-3 Rocket rails either under the wings or on the Fuselage

Neptune MR.1 (BR 5.7)

Lockheed Neptune MR.1: Guardian of the Sea

British Designation for the P2V-5 Neptune Maritime bomber, outfitted with 2 twin 20mm turrets and a 12.7mm turret as standard and carrying up to 8000 lbs of bombs, rockets or torpedos.

Shackleton MR.1 (BR 5.7)

First production model of the Shackleton that entered service in 1951, defensive armament is less than the MR.2 with only 2 x 20mm cannons in the dorsal turret.

Shackleton MR.2 (BR 6.0)

Already in game

Improved version of the MR.1 with the Radome moved to the ventral position, also included an extra turret with 20mm cannons in the nose.

Shackleton MR.3 (BR 6.3)

Highly modified improvement over the MR.2, several changes including the changing of the landing gear to a Tricycle config, removal of the Dorsal Turret, and inclusion of two Viper Turbojets behind the outer engines.

Rank V

Spoiler

Sea Hawk FGA.4 (BR 7.7)

First Fighter ground attack variant of the sea hawk, commonly used in the same roles as naval bombers, outfitted with a variety of suspended ordinance

Nimrod MR.1 (BR 8.0)

Designed as a replacement for the Ageing Shackleton bombers and was an extensively modified version of the Comet jet airliner, eventually being accepted into service as one of the most prominent cold war aircraft of the RAF

Buccaneer NA.39 (BR 8.7)

Pre Production batch of Buccaneers ordered as NA.39 variants, an interesting thing to note is that these aircraft had the ability to mount 30mm ADEN cannons in the offensive role

Rank VI

Spoiler

Buccaneer S.2 (BR 9.3)

Already in game

Carrier based naval strike aircraft, built for the Royal navy and later for the RAF, designed in response to the Soviet Sverdlov Cruisers, the Buccaneers have become some of the most famous British Carrier aircraft ever

Buccaneer S.50 (BR 9.7)

Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer S.50 - "Easy Rider"

Upgraded version of the buccaneer used by South africa, modifications include integrated Countermeasures, TV guided bombs, an upgraded RWR system and even the ability for Rocket assisted takeoffs (RATO).

Hunter T.8 (BR 9.7)

Hawker Hunter T.8: Hunter turns Teacher (ii)

Royal Navy training version of the Hunter, very similar to the T.7 in specs however with modifications for training for carrier operations such as a tail hook for airfield arrestor wires and other minor modifications

Nimrod MR.2 (BR 9.7)

Nimrod MR.2: The Mighty Hunter - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Upgrade over the standard MR.1 with many upgrades such as a new Searchwater radar and ECM suite, several MR.2s were also modified for carrying up to 4 AIM-9G/L missiles alongside a variety of Chaff/Countermeasures equipment

Rank VII

Spoiler

Harrier T.8 (BR 10.0)

A naval trainer version of the Harrier used by the Royal navy for training on Sea Harrier FA.2s, very similar to the FRS.1 however with increased weight/ drag from the extra crew and the obvious lack of radar.

Buccaneer S.2B (BR 10.7)

Already in game

Massive upgrade programme for the RAFs Buccaneer S.2s, these modifications included the integration of Countermeasure bins, Martel missiles, and even AIM-9L sidewinders for self defence

Rank VIII

Spoiler

Nimrod MRA.4 (BR 13.3)

BAE Systems Nimrod MRA.4: Fall of the Mighty Hunter

Intended as a complete overhaul of the Nimrod Airframe to allow the Nimrods to serve well into the 21st century, however due to rising costs and several development issues it was canned before the aircraft could reach serial production, something interesting to note is that it was capable of carrying up to 8 (yes, you heard that right) Air to Air Missiles including AIM-9L and ASRAAM

Rank IX

Spoiler

Poseidon MRA.1 (BR 14.0)

Boeing Poseidon MRA.1: Ruler of the Waves

Purchased to fill to gap that the Nimrod MRA.4 failed to fill, this aircraft signifies the most advanced Maritime patrol aircraft currently in RAF service, outfitted with Stingray torpedos and capable of carrying advanced standoff weapons such as the SLAM-ER missile

Branch 7: Attackers

Spoiler

Rank I

Spoiler

Battle Mk.I (BR 1.0)

Fairey Battle - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Single engined light bomber of the RAF from the late '30s as a successor to the Hart and Hind biplanes, saw service early in the war but was withdrawn in 1940 due to high attrition rates during operations.

Tarpon GR.I (BR 1.3)

British Designation for the TBF-1 Avenger, later renamed to the Avenger GR.I for simplicity. 400 units were delivered through lend lease throughout the war

Bisley Mk.I (BR 1.7)

Bristol Type 160 Bisley MK.I: Aerial Attacker

Designed as a massive upgrade over the Blenheim, designed as a Ground support aircraft, armed with 4 x 7.7mm machine guns in the nose, 2 x 7.7mm in a defensive turret, and up to 2000 lbs of bombs across the Bomb bay and wing racks

Rank II

Spoiler

Hurricane Mk.IV (BR 2.0)

Already in game

Ground attack version of the Hurricane Mk.II, offering greater Ground attack capabilities than other hurricane variants including 2 x 40mm cannons under the wings.

Vengeance Mk.IV (BR 2.7)

RAF designation for the A-35B supplied through lend-lease, over 600 aircraft in total delivered to both the RAF and RAAF with around 450 being supplied to the RAF.

Beaufighter Mk.VIc (BR 3.0)

Already in game

Coastal command version of the Hercules powered Beaufighter Mk.VI, Modifications included the capabilities to carry bombs and torpedoes.

Beaufighter Mk.X (BR 3.0)

Already in game

Last main RAF Production version of the Beaufighter, differences from the Mk.VI include a higher bomb load and 6 x 7.7mm machine guns in the wings

Beaufighter Mk.21 (BR 3.7)

Already in game

Australian built version of the Beaufighter, improvements include 4 x 12.7mm machine guns in the wings, Hercules XVII engine and up to 8 HVAR rockets.

Rank III

Spoiler

Tempest Mk.V (Vickers P) (BR 3.7)

Already in game

Experimental Anti-tank variant of the Mk.V, outfitted with two 47mm Vickers P cannons under the wings

Mosquito FB.VI (BR 3.7)

Already in game

First Fighter-Bomber variant of the Mosquito featuring the armament from the fighter mossies with a smaller Bomb bay capable of carrying up to 2 x 500lbs bombs

Mosquito FB.XVIII (BR 3.0)

Already in game

Anti-shipping variant of the Mosquito outfitted with a 57mm Molins cannon in the place of its bomb bay and cannon armament, used for attacking German U-boats.

Thunderbolt Mk.II (BR 4.3)

Republic Thunderbolt Mk.II: You've Been Thunderstruck!

British Designation for P-47D-25 through 40s equipped with the later Bubble canopies, mainly used in the far east against Japanese forces.

Rank IV

Spoiler

Jet Provost T.2 (BR 5.3)

Prototype variant of the Jet Provost trainer and the first to be capable of carrying armament, advertised as a Light COIN and training aircraft and would later inspire the BAC Strikemaster

Jet Provost T.5 (BR 6.0)

BAC Jet Provost T.5: The Toothed Trainer

Final version of the Jet Provost used by the RAF, later developed into the BAC strikemaster and capable of being outfitted with 2 x 7.7mm machine guns, Bombs and rockets.

Strikemaster (Prototype) BR 6.3)

Prototype Strikemaster developed from the Jet Provost T.5, armed with twin 7.7mm machine guns and a mix of bombs and rockets. Could also be swapped for the Omani Mk.82 as they were flown by RAF pilots in support of British operations in Dhofar.

Rank V

Spoiler

Impala Mk.I (BR 7.0)

South African Licence built version of the MB-326, outfitted for Training and ground attack, mounting two 7.62mm Machine guns and a wide array of Bombs and rockets.

Vampire T.11 (BR 7.7)

Twin engine trainer variant of the De Haviland Vampire Jet, equipped with the Goblin 35 engine, 4 x 20mm cannons and a wide array of ground attack ordinance

Vampire FB.9 (BR 8.0)

Tropicalised variant of the FB.5 with the Goblin 3 Engine, used for ground attack in the Middle east until replaced by more capable designs

Venom FB.4 (BR 8.3)

Already in game

Development of the Vampire outfitted with the Ghost 103 engine entering service in 1952, used mainly as a ground attack aircraft due to its wide array of weapons, Moved down in BR due to being outperformed by most other 8.7s

Rank VI

Spoiler

Hunter FGA.9 (BR 9.3)

Hawker Hunter FGA.9: The Ground Attack Hunter (ii) - #8 by AVROVULCANXH558

Single seat ground attack variant of the Hawker Hunter, all were modified from F.6 airframes with several upgrades including drag chutes and larger drop tanks, used mainly in the Middle east

Hunter T.7 (BR 9.3)

Hawker Hunter T.7: Hunter turns Teacher (i)

First Trainer variant of the Hawker Hunter, with its offensive armament decreased to 1 x 30mm ADEN cannon, also equipped with a variety of ground attack ordinance

Impala Mk.II (BR 9.3)

Atlas Impala Mk II - "Prey Turned Predator"

single seat attacker that is a Massive upgrade of the Impala Mk.I, equipped with 2 x 30mm DEFA cannons, V3B Missiles, Countermeasures, RWR and a massive array of unguided air to ground weaponry, drop tanks and gun pods

Harrier GR.3 (BR 9.7)

Already in game

Upgraded version over the GR.1 featuring new systems such as an RWR and countermeasures, as well as the inclusion of AIM-9G sidewinder missiles instead of the SRAAM

Harrier T.52 (BR 9.7)

Two seat Modification of the GR.1, used by hawker to test weapons and systems including the SRAAM missile, could come as a TT alternative to the GR.1 with SRAAMs

Rank VII

Spoiler

Hawk 100 (early) (BR 10.7)

BAE Hawk 100 (early): Britain's Bird of Prey (i)

Improved version of the Hawk T.1 equipped with a Forward Looking Infra Red system, capable of carrying various weapons such as the AGM-65 Maverick, AIM-9 Sidewinder and a 30mm ADEN gun pod

Hawk 200 (Night Attack) (11.0)

Hawk 200 Night Attack: Bravo six, going dark

Prototype version of the Hawk 200 swapping the Radar for a FLIR system, never saw export success however was capable of carrying AGM-65 Mavericks, AIM-9 Sidewinders and features a twin internal ADEN 25 armament

Harrier GR.5 (BR 11.0)

British Aerospace Harrier GR.5: The First Second Gen Harrier for the RAF

First second generation Harrier airframe used by the RAF, in this case would come with worse armaments such as only having the AIM-9G sidewinder as well as lacking Night vision and the FLIR system, although was capable of carrying weapons used by the AV-8B such as the GPU-2/A gun pod and many other american made weaponry

Harrier GR.5A (BR 11.7)

A slightly improved version of the Harrier GR.5 featuring a new nose in preparation for the Upgrades to GR.7 standard, in real life lacks any meaningful difference to the GR.5, however in this case would be better than the GR.5 through getting its best loadout of AIM-9Ls and AGM-65 Mavericks removed from the GR.5 for balance

Rank VIII

Spoiler

Harrier GR.7 (BR 12.3)

Already in game

Upgraded model of the GR.5, incorporating several system upgrades as well as newer weapons, armed with the AIM-9 Sidewinder and a much wider array of weapons such as more advanced AGM-65 Mavericks

Harrier GR.9 (BR 13.0)

Upgraded version of the GR.7 upgrading its Avionics and weapons, this version would feature the Brimstone Missiles as its main upgrade, as well as having access to significantly more countermeasures through a TERMA Pod

Rank IX

Spoiler

Hawk 100 (late) (BR 13.7)

BAE Hawk 100 (late): Britain's Bird of Prey (ii)

Later version of the Hawk 100, this time armed with Brimstone and ASRAAM missiles

Harrier GR.9A (BR 14.0)

Upgraded version of the Harrier GR.7A, outfitted with the more powerful Pegasus 107 engine, in this case would feature ASRAAMs, as its main upgrade over the GR.9

Branch 8: Light/ Medium Bombers

Spoiler

Rank I

Spoiler

Blenheim Mk.I (BR 1.0)

Bristol Blenheim MK.1 - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

First Production variant of the Blenheim, armed with 1 x 7.7mm machine gun in the wing, a 7.7mm machine gun in a dorsal turret and up to 1000 lbs of bombs

Blenheim Mk.IV (BR 1.3)

Already in game

Upgraded Version equipped better engines, and an increased defensive armament of 2 x 7.7mm machine guns in the dorsal turret and 2 x 7.7mm machine guns in a remote turret under the nose

Beaufort Mk.I (BR 1.7)

Developed from the earlier Blenheim bomber beaufort incorporated even further upgrades, including a massive increase of defensive armament to 2 x 7.7mm machine guns in the nose, 2 7.7mm in a dorsal turret, 1 7.7mm in the port wing, 1 7.7mm in the entrance hatch and 1 7.7 in a blister under the nose

Beaufort Mk.VIII (BR 1.7)

Already in game

Australian Licence built version fitted with an ASV radar, Defensive armament changed to Two 7.7mm in the nose and 2 x 12.7mm in the dorsal turret.

Maryland Mk.I (BR 2.0)

RAF designation for the Martin Maryland in RAF service, 75 aircraft diverted from france in 1940, armed with up to 2000lbs of bombs, 4 x 7.7mm machine guns in the wings and two rear facing 7.7mm machine guns

Maryland Mk.II (BR 2.3)

Martin Model 167 Maryland Mk.II: The British Maryland - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Slightly modified version of the Maryland ordered directly for the UK, equipped with superchargers on its engine providing slightly more power, alongside the addition of a dorsal turret for its defensive MGs

Rank II

Spoiler

Baltimore B.III (BR 2.7)

Martin Model 187 Baltimore Series - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

RAF designation for a variant of the Martin Baltimore in RAF service, this version used 4 7.7mm in the wings, 4 x 7.7mm in a dorsal turret and a farther 6 defensive machine guns, alongside up to 2000lbs of bombs

Baltimore B.V (BR 3.0)

Martin Model 187 Baltimore Series - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Further Upgraded version of the Baltimore, this version equipped with a purely 12.7mm armament

Buckingham B.I (BR 3.3)

Bristol Buckingham B.1 - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Designed as a light bomber to replace the blenheim, armed with 4 7.7mm in the nose, 4 7.7mm in a dorsal turret and 2 7.7mm in a ventral gondola, alongside up to 4000 lbs of bombs

Mitchell Mk.II (BR 3.3)

North American Mitchell Mk.II: Billy's Bomber meets the British (ii)

RAF Designation for the B-25C/D Mitchell in British service, this variant was the most used Mitchell supplied to the RAF, seeing service in Europe and Asia, it is armed with a two twin 12.7mm dorsal and ventral turrets, a flexible 12.7mm in the nose and a fixed 12.7mm in the nose as well

Mitchell Mk.III (BR 4.0)

North American Mitchell Mk.III: Billy's Bomber meets the British (iii)

RAF designation for the B-25J Mitchell in British service, functionally identical to the one in the US tree with 5-6 offensive 12.7mm and 7 defensive 12.7mm MGs, alongside 3000 lbs of bombs

Rank III

Spoiler

Brigand B.I (BR 4.0)

Already in game

Twin engined Ground attack/ Light bomber aircraft, designed from the less successful Buckingham design to replace the beaufighter, armed with 4 x 20mm cannons and a variety of bombs and rockets

Brigand TF.I (BR 4.0)

Bristol Brigand TF.1 - "The Robber Gets Robbed"

Torpedo version bomber of the Brigand, slight changes over the B.I including a dorsal 12.7mm machine gun and ability to carry a Torpedo

Mosquito B.XVI (BR 4.3)

De Havilland Mosquito B Mk IX/XVI - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Bomber Variant of the Mosquito with a Bomb load of 4000 lbs, powered by the Merlin 76 and 77 engines giving it unparalleled speed to make up for its lack of defensive armament

Mosquito B.35 (BR 4.7)

Final Bomber variant of the Mosquito, retaining the 4000 lbs bomb load however being powered by the more powerful Merlin 113 and 114A engines giving it more power and speed

Marauder B.III (BR 4.7)

Martin Marauder Mk.III - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

RAF designation for the B-26F in RAF service, Used almost entirely by the RAF and SAAF, slightly different from the US B-26B with the Fixed 12.7mm in the nose removed and the use of British Bombing equipment

Rank IV

Spoiler

A-26B (BR 5.0)

Douglas A-26 Invader Tested by the RAF, 3 aircraft bought by the RAF and 140 more ordered, however no aircraft were delivered before the end of the war, not ideal for the tech tree but there are few other options for this area

Hornet FR.4 (BR 6.0)

Fighter Recon variant of the De Haviland Hornet, Used mainly as a light bomber in Malaya and Hong Kong, Again not ideal for this line however but there are few other options.

Rank V

Spoiler

Canberra B.2 (BR 8.3)

Already in game

First production variant of the English Electric Canberra, powered by two Avon R.A.3 Engines and with a bomb load of up to 6000 lbs

Canberra B.(I).6 (BR 8.3)

Already in game

Interim Upgrade of the standard B.6 pending delivery of the B.(I).8, armed with a removable 20mm cannon pack in the bomb bay with a total bomb load of around 8000 lbs with the pack removed

Canberra B.(I).8 (BR 8.3)

English Electric Canberra B.(I).8: The Intruder

Upgraded Interdictor variant of the Canberra with a Removable cannon pod similar to the B.(I).6, this time with a redesigned nose and more capable wing pylons, capable of carrying 8000lbs of bombs or various Unguided rocket pods under the wings

Canberra B.15 (BR 8.7)

English Electric Canberra B.15: The Missile-toting Canberra

Upgraded version of the B.6 designed for the near east Squadrons, these variants were equipped with AS-30 Missiles under the wings, giving a much improved CAS capability

Canberra B.(I).12 SAAF (BR 8.7)

English Electric Canberra B(I).12 - "Old But Gold"

A Canberra B.(I).8 built for the South African Air Force, This variant was upgraded by the South Africans to include several modern systems such as an RWR and Chaff/flare dispensers, also would have access to French and American bombs on top of the standard British ones

Rank VI

Spoiler

P.1154(JS) (BR 9.3)

Hawker Siddeley P.1154 (Joint Service) - Harrier on Steroids

Joint service variant of the P.1154 Supersonic VTOL aircraft, would have been Equipped with the BS.100/8 engine, twin 30mm ADEN cannons and a mix of Red Top and AS-30 Missiles, alongside a wide array of bombs and rockets, was cancelled before an airframe could be finished.

Jaguar GR.1 (BR 9.7)

Already in game

Joint Anglo-French Ground attack aircraft, originally designed as an advanced trainer but redeveloped into a Nuclear Strike/Ground attacker, this is the first production variant with no Countermeasures, Overwing pylons, or Air to Ground Guided munitions

Rank VII

Spoiler

Jaguar GR.1A (BR 10.7)

Already in game

Jaguar GR.1s upgraded with Countermeasures and Overwing Pylons alongside more powerful engines, used widely in Operation Desert Storm, Has the GR.1B variant as a modification in game allowing it to carry a TIALD pod and Guided bombs.

Mirage F1AZ (BR 11.7)

Ground attack version of the Mirage F1A for South Africa, armed with a variety of weaponry including the V3C Darter and a mix of bombs and rockets

Cheetah D (BR 11.7)

Atlas Cheetah D

Twin seat Version of the Cheetah Fighter Bomber, armed with a mix of ground attack ordinance such as Matra SNEB pods, 460Kg Bombs and Mk.80 series GP bombs, alongside missiles such as the V-3C and V-3S

Rank VIII

Spoiler

Cheetah D (SMR-95) (BR 12.3)

An Atlas Cheetah D outfitted with the More powerful SMR-95 engine from the Mig-29, sometimes referred to as the Super Cheetah or the Cheetah D2

Jaguar GR.3A (BR 13.3)

SEPECAT Jaguar GR3A: Sharpening the claws

A Massive post Gulf war upgrade of the Jaguar GR.1As in RAF Service, incorporating more powerful engines, Underwing TIALD capability and ASRAAMs with HMD, saw service until 2007 when the Jaguar fleet was retired

Branch 9: Heavy Bombers

Spoiler

Rank I

Spoiler

Harrow Mk.II (BR 1.0)

Twin engined heavy bomber from the mid 1930s, the Mk.II version featured more powerful Pegasus XX engines with around 100 Hp more than the Mk.I, armed with 4 x 7.7mm Lewis Machine guns and up to 3000lbs of bombs internally

Whitley Mk.V (BR 1.3)

Armstrong-Whitworth Whitley - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Twin engined Medium bomber from the mid 1930s, armed with 1 x 7.7mm in the nose, 4 x 7.7mm in a tail turret and up to 7000 lbs of bombs

Hampden Mk.I (BR 1.7)

Already in game

Twin engined Medium bomber from the Mid 1930s, armed with 1 fixed Forward firing 7.7mm MG, 5 defensive 7.7mm MGs and up to 4000lbs internally

Hampden TB Mk.I (BR 1.7)

Already in game

Slightly improved version of the Hampden Mk.I, with added wing hardpoints capable of carrying an extra 1000 lbs of bombs alongside the ability to carry Torpedos

Rank II

Spoiler

Wellington Mk.Ic (BR 2.3)

Already in game

Twin engined Medium bomber from the 1930s, armed with six defensive 7.7mm MGs spread across two turrets and two waist guns alongside a bomb load of 4500 lbs or two Torpedos the c subvariant added the two Vickers K waist guns to the aircraft

Wellington Mk.I/L (BR 2.7)

Already in game

Slightly upgraded version of the Mk.Ic, swapping the Twin Vickers K waist guns for 7.7mm Browning machine guns and moving them to a more advantageous position on the waist

Wellington Mk.III (BR 3.0)

Already in game

Further improved version of the wellington, adding the more powerful Hercules XI engines as well as changing the number of MGs in the tail turret from 2 to 4, increasing the total defensive MGs to 8, also added a 9mm armour plate behind the Pilot

Wellington Mk.X (BR 3.3)

Already in game

Most produced variant of the Wellington, similar to the Mk.III however features the Hercules VI engines, outputting slightly more power

Warwick B.I (BR 3.3)

Vickers Warwick B.Mk.1: A Shaky Start to a Forgotten Legend

Twin engined bomber developed from the Wellington, very similar to the later wellingtons however struggled to find a foothold due to competing against bombers such as the Avro Manchester, featuring an improved bomb load of 6000 lbs

Manchester Mk.I (BR 3.7)

Avro Manchester Mk.I: Off to a bad start (i)

Often overshadowed twin engined Heavy bomber designed to replace bombers such as the Wellington, Hampden and others, was often overshadowed by what it was developed into, the Avro Lancaster. Features a defensive armament of 8 x 7.7mm Machine guns and 8000 lbs of bombs

Manchester Mk.Ia (BR 3.7)

Avro Manchester Mk.IA: Off to a bad start (ii)

Slightly modified version of the Manchester, with an enlarged twin tailplane instead of the Mk.Is Triple tailplane, gives better firing angles for the dorsal MG turret

Rank III

Spoiler

Halifax B.I (BR 3.7)

Handley Page Halifax Mk.I Series I: The Humble Warrior (i)

Four engined Heavy bomber, the first of the Trifecta of British four engined Heavy bombers of WW2, introduced in 1940, this is the first Production variant featuring 2 x 7.7mm in the nose, 4 x 7.7mm in the tail and either twin Vickers K or 7.7mm Browning MGs in the waist, alongside 8000 lbs of bombs

Halifax B.II (BR 3.7)

Handley Page Halifax B.Mk.II Series IA: The Humble Warrior (iii)

Slightly improved variant of the Halifax featuring an improved bomb load of 13000 lbs and a new dorsal turret with 4 x 7.7mm Machine guns, although at the cost of the Frontal Machine gun turret

Halifax B.III (BR 4.0)

Already in game

Further improved variant of the Halifax, featuring a single 7.7mm MG in the nose as well as the improved Bristol Hercules Engines

Stirling B.I (BR 4.0)

Already in game

Four Engined Heavy bomber, the Second of the Trifecta of British four engined Heavy bombers, Introduced in 1940, features a defensive armament of 9 x 7.7mm Machine guns across 3 turrets and a ventral position alongside 14000 lbs of bombs

Stirling B.III (BR 4.7)

Already in game

Improved variant of the Stirling, featuring a revised Dorsal turret and More powerful 14 Cylinder Hercules XVI engines

Type 317 (BR 4.7)

Supermarine Type 317: Britain's Lost Bomber

Heavy bomber in development during the early stages of WW2 by Supermarine, however development was cancelled after the destruction of the incomplete prototype after the Luftwaffe bombed the Supermarine factory in 1940, would have featured 8 defensive 7.7mm MGs and a bomb load of up to 14500 lbs

Rank IV

Spoiler

Lancaster B.I (BR 5.3)

Already in game

Arguably one of the Most famous British aircraft of WW2 and the Final of the Trifecta of British 4 engined Heavy bombers, armed with 8 defensive Machine guns across 3 turrets and a 14000 lbs bomb load

Lancaster B.III (BR 5.3)

Already in game

Slight improvement over the Lancaster B.I, Identical to the earlier model however changes the rear turrets armament from 4 x 7.7mm Machine guns to 2 x 12.7mm guns

Lincoln B.II (BR 6.0)

Already in game

Four engined Heavy bomber developed from the Lancaster at the end of WW2, although did not see significant service due to the wars end, armed with 4 12.7mm Machine guns and 2 x 20mm Cannons alongside a bomb load of 14000 lbs of bombs

Windsor B.I (BR 6.7)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/vickers-windsor-britains-superfortress-sort-of/112301

Britain’s last indigenous Piston Heavy bomber, originally with 300 units ordered however only 3 prototypes were built before the order was cancelled following the end of the war, Armed with 4 x 20mm Cannons in rear facing Barbettes and 15000 lbs of bombs

Washington B.I (BR 7.3)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/washington-b-1-the-british-superfortress/93382

RAF designation for the B-29 Superfortress in British service, 87 units were loaned, and later bought, from the US in 1950 to fill the long range bomber gap before the V bombers came into service

Rank V

Spoiler

Sperrin B.1 (BR 8.3)

The forgotten 4th V bomber, created by the aircraft company Short Brothers, designed to be a low tech alternative to the more advanced V Bombers, however never saw service due to the need for a lower tech alternative being filled by the Valiant that was ready earlier. Features a bomb load of 20000 lbs.

Valiant B.1 (BR 8.3)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/vickers-valiant-b-1-the-first-v/48067

The earliest V bomber to enter service, was almost rejected but was accepted on the grounds it would be ready before the other, more advanced, V bombers to which it was by up to 3 years. features a bomb load of 21000 lbs

Valiant B.2 (BR 8.7)

Prototype version designed to act as a low level Pathfinder for other Bombers, featuring strengthened wings allowing for higher G maneuvers and more powerful Rolls Royce Conway engines

Vulcan B.1 (BR 9.0)

The Second and arguably most well known V bomber of all time, designed by Avro, and distinct from many other contemporary bombers due to its unique Tailless Delta-wing design, features a bomb load of 21000 lbs

Victor B.1 (BR 9.0)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/handley-page-victor-b-1-the-final-v/49872

The Final (and longest serving) V bomber to enter service, being designed by Handley Page as the Third V bomber, entering service in 1958. features a bomb load of 35000 lbs

Rank VI

Spoiler

Victor B.2 (BR 9.3)

Phase 2A upgrade of the Victor fleet, featuring far more powerful Rolls Royce Conway engines providing over 17000 lbf, entering service in February 1962.

Vulcan B.2 (BR 9.7)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/avro-vulcan-b-2-with-falklands-modifications-more-than-just-a-bomber/20040

Improved version of the Vulcan that served up until after the Falklands war equipped with slightly more powerful engines, An insane amount of Countermeasures, ARMs and AIM-9G Missiles

Rank VII

Spoiler

TSR.2 (BR 10.7)

https://old-forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/492520-bac-tsr2-the-last-british-bomber/

The UKs last domestic bomber and arguably the most well known British Cold war project, was to have been a Mach 2.2 capable (mach 1.1 ASL) supersonic bomber for Nuclear strike and Interdiction, however was canceled shortly before the second prototype could take flight alongside many other projects due to Political infighting. was to have had a payload of up to 10000 lbs including Bombs, Missiles and Countermeasure pods

F-111K (BR 10.7)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/general-dynamics-f-111k-merlin-the-vark-goes-british/39390

Unique Variant of the F-111 Aardvark to be built for the UK as the alternative to the TSR.2 after its cancellation, featuring several unique factors. however was cancelled whilst both airframes were in the final stages of construction due to cost cuts

Tornado P.03 (BR 11.0)

Third Tornado Prototype, used to study in flight weapons loads and high weight performance trials, would be similar to the Tornado WTD 61 however with access to Martel and possibly Kormoran Guided Missiles

Rank VIII

Spoiler

Tornado GR.1 (BR 11.7)

Already in game

Joint Venture Interdictor/Strike aircraft created by the UK, Italy and Germany, entering Service in 1980, becoming the RAFs Main ground attack aircraft, seeing service in Conflicts such as the Gulf War, Afghanistan and Yugoslavia. Could also recieve Sea Eagles through the GR.1B upgrade

Rank IX

Spoiler

Tornado GR.4 (BR 13.7)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/panavia-tornado-gr-4-the-ultimate-tonka/17942/1

Massive Upgrade of the RAFs tornado fleet, adding brand new Weapons systems such as Brimstone, ASRAAM and Storm Shadow Missiles, also features an extra FLIR pod on the Fuselage which necessitated the removal of one BK-27 Cannon

Typhoon T.1 (BR 14.3)

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/eurofighter-typhoon-t-1-the-tranche-1-tiffy-part-1/59957

Two seat Trainer version of the Eurofighter Typhoon, the T.1 was the First Variant to enter service with the RAF, armed with the same armament as the Fighter variants although is slightly heavier due to the extra Crew member

Rank X

Spoiler

Typhoon T.3 (BR 15.7)

Twin seat Trainer equivalent to the FGR.4, again has the same armament as the FGR.4 however is slightly heavier due to the extra Crew member

10 Likes

Disclaimer: Pics are currently broken, they are being worked on as you read this :)

Premiums

Spoiler

Rank I

Spoiler

Premiums

Spoiler

Tucks Gladiator Mk.II (BR 1.0)

Already in game

Tuck’s Gladiator Mk.II is the Gloster Gladiator Biplane of the renowned British Ace Robert S. Tuck. Identical to the Tech Tree Gloster Gladiator, it offers no comparative performance increase, but the SQN markings seen when flown by Tuck.

Wellesley Mk.I (BR 1.0)

Vickers Wellesley - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Twin engined Medium bomber Developed in the mid 1930s, built using a similar technique to the later Vickers Wellington, giving it an exceptionally strong airframe, It mainly saw use in the East african Campaign early in the war where it was used to great success, it was armed with 1 x 7.7mm in the wing, 1 x 7.7mm in a rear turret and up to 2000 lbs of bombs

N-3PB Nomad (BR 1.0)

Single engined American Floatplane, originally ordered by Norway however Norway fell to the Axis before they could arrive, meaning the Aircraft were delivered to Britain to slightly different specifications, being used by No.330 (Norwegian) Sqn RAF operating from iceland to sink Axis shipping, armed with 4 x 12.7mm in the wings, 2 x 7.7mm in dorsal and ventral positions and up to 2000 lbs of bombs, Torpedos or depth charges

Z.506 (BR 1.0)

An Italian Three engined flying boat, it became famous for being the only axis aircraft to be Hijacked by prisoners of war on the western front, being flown from Italy to Malta where it was then put into service by the desperate RAF in malta, it was armed with 1 x 12.7mm in a dorsal turret and 3 x 7.7mm defensive mgs or up to 1200 kg of bombs

Swordfish Mk.I Floatplane (BR 1.0)

Fairey Swordfish Mk.I Floatplane: The Seafaring Swordfish

A Fairy Swordfish Modified with Floats instead of wheels, they operated both as Naval reconnaissance aircraft from Battleships and cruisers as well as Naval Patrol aircraft from areas like Gibraltar or Malta, they were armed with the same armament as the standard Swordfish however with worse performance due to the extra weight of Floats

Sea Gladiator Mk.I “Faith” (BR 1.0)

The Sea Gladiator Mk.I “Faith” was one of the three Mythic Sea Gladiators “Faith, Hope and Charity” who are mythically said to have been the entire fighter cover for Malta during its siege by Axis forces. “Faith” was refitted with a 3-bladed variable-pitch propeller from a Bristol Blenheim and a Bristol Mercury XV engine and she is the only surviving member of the trio. We Propose this to be a charity vehicle with the Money made from it going to help bring her sister “charity” back to flying condition

Kingfisher I (BR 1.0)

OS2U Kingfisher for the FAA (Fleet Air Arm) of Royal Navy - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

British designation for the OS2U-3 in FAA service, 100 units were delivered under lend lease from 1941, quite a few aircraft being fitted with wheels for land based training, they were mainly used for Training or Naval recon onboard ships such as HMS enterprise, it is functionally identical to the OS2U-3 in the US tree

Kestrel (BR 1.0)

The Miles M.9 Kestrel was a single engined aircraft designed by F.G. Miles as a light trainer for the RAF. Only one was produced with provisions for a single browning 7.7mm machine gun, however the aircraft would be redeveloped into the largely successful Miles Master advanced trainer.

R.B.2 Sydney (BR 1.0)

Triple engined flying boat developed by blackburn in the 1930s to satisfy the RAFs need for a Maritime patrol aircraft, however after its evaluation it was not ordered and only 1 unit was built, it was armed with 3 defensive 7.7mm Mgs and up to 500 kg of bombs or 2 torpedos

Swordfish Mk.II (BR 1.0)

Already in game

An improved variant of the Swordfish Torpedo Bomber, this variant with access to RP-3 or AP rockets under the wings, other than that it is effectively identical to the Swordfish Mk.I in game

Type 224 (BR 1.0)

Supermarine Type 224: Spitfire Predecessor - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

The Supermarine Type 224 was one of Supermarine’s earlier works featuring an inverse monoplane gull-wing and 4 .303’s, offering poor performance even compared to biplanes it would not be selected but research from it was used on the later Supermarine Spitfire lineage.

H.P.51 (BR 1.0)

A Twin engined Transport with Bombing capabilities derived from the earlier Biplane H.P.43, it was armed with 2 x 7.7mm machine guns and 8 x 250 lbs bombs, I apologise for the low quality image as it is the only one i can find in its bomber config

Pterodactyl V (BR 1.0)

Westland-Hill Pterodactyl V – Flying Wing Fighter - Forgotten Aircraft -  Military Matters

Flying Wing fighter by Westland-Hill, offering strange but equal characteristics to contemporary fighters and 2 x 7.7mm Vickers machine guns.

Fokker T.VIII (BR 1.0)

Dutch Fokker T.VIIIs that escaped to Britain following the fall of france in 1940, forming the backbone of No.320 (Netherlands) Sqn. RAF, Coastal command, the units operated from south wales performing Convoy escort, Anti Submarine and Maritime Patrol duties. They were armed with 2 x 7.92mm Machine guns and up to 600 Kg of bombs

Late 298 (BR 1.3)

A Latécoère 298 used from Malta as part of Maltas Z flight, having to land there after diverting from a flight from the battleship Richelieu, it was used until the end of 1940 when a lack of spares grounded the aircraft, as with the H.P.51 apologise for the low quality image as it is the only picture of the aircraft in RAF service to my knowledge

Bombay Mk.I (BR 1.3)

Bristol Bombay | The Transport Bomber - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Twin engined aircraft Originally designed as a transport aircraft, it was later modified for use as a bomber in the African campaigns, being armed with 2 x 7.7mm machine guns and up to 2000 lbs of bombs beneath the fuselage

Wirraway (BR 1.3)

Already in game

An australian Trainer and general military aircraft based off of the North American NA-16, it was armed with 2 x 7.7mm in the wings, a defensive 7.7mm and up to 1500 lbs of bombs

Stranraer (BR 1.3)

A Maritime Reconnaissance aircraft built by Supermarine in the mid 1930s, derived from the supermarine scapa it was armed with 3 x 7.7mm machine guns, 1000 lbs of bombs externally and 8 x 20lb bombs internally

Cleveland Mk.I (BR 1.3)

The RAF designation for five SBC-4 Helldivers originally ordered for the french, however as they were not able to fit on FR Béarn they were left in Canada, in August 1940 they were transferred to the RAF and were used as ground trainers. their armament consisted of 1 x 7.7mm machine gun, 1 defensive 7.7mm machine guns and up to 1000 lbs of bombs

Seamew I (BR 1.3)

RAF designation for the Land based SO3C-2C Seamew ordered under lend lease, they were equipped with arrestor gear and a centre bomb rack to allow them to operate from carriers, only 59 of the 259 ordered were built

Nomad Mk.I (BR 1.3)

Originally ordered second hand from the USAAC by the french, the RAF soon took up the order after the fall of france, They were refurbished by Douglas giving them new engines and 61 aircraft were delivered to the UK, they were armed with 4 x 7.7mm Mgs in the wings, 1 x 7.7mm Mgs in the rear and a mixed array of bombs both internally and externally

Botha Mk.I (BR 1.7)

A 4 seat Reconnaissance and Torpedo bomber aircraft first entering service in 1939, they were used for convoy escorting duties and were equipped with 1 forward firing 7.7mm gun, 2 x 7.7mm guns in the dorsal turret and up to 2000 lbs of bombs, depth charges or a torpedo

B.20 (BR 1.7)

Blackburn B.20: Doing the Splits

An unusually designed flying boat, with a retractable central float designed by Blackburn, it first took flight in 1940 however in April that year the aircraft crashed due to severe aileron flutter and development ceased due to lack of backburns resources to continue.

Warburton’s Maryland Mk.I (BR 1.7)

Adrian Warburton's Martin Maryland Mk.I - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

This was the Martin Maryland of British Ace Adrian Warburton, whilst being a light bomber/reconnaissance aircraft, ‘Warby’ was famous for using it in a Heavy Fighter role owing to its offensive armament of 4 x .303 Browning Mk.II’s.

Catalina Mk.IIIa (BR 1.7)

British Designation for the PBY-5A variant of the Catalina Flying boat supplied to the UK under lend lease, this variant is identical to the PBY-5A in the American tech tree, armed with 2 x 7.7mm guns, 2 x 12.7mm guns and up to 4000 lbs of bombs or 2 torpedos

Rank II

Spoiler

Premiums

Spoiler

Avenger Mk.II (BR 1.7)

Already in game

RAF designation for the TBM-1 and 1C, in game it is identical to the TBF-1C in the US tree meaning the version in game is the TBM-1C variant

Hudson Mk.V (BR 2.0)

Already in game

A Light bomber modified from the lockheed electra airliner, This version features two Twin wasp engines, a Dorsal turret with twin 7,7mm MGs and a retractable belly MG.

Lerwick (BR 2.0)

Flying boat built by Saunders-roe, it was originaly designed to operate alongside the Short Sunderland however due to design flaws only a few were built, armed with 2000 lbs of bombs, and 7 x 7.7mm defensive machine guns

Havoc Mk.I (BR 2.0)

Already in game

A Douglas Boston modified for Nightime interdiction duties, however these aircraft were found to be unreliable and were replaced by the Mosquito early in the war

M.24 Master Fighter (BR 2.0)

Miles M.24 Master Fighter - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Stopgap version of the Miles M.9 Master I Trainer aircraft with the rear seat removed and 6 x 7.7mm machine guns added to the aircraft, only 25 units were built.

Airacobra Mk.I (BR 2.0)

RAF Designation for 3 export P-39 aircraft delivered to the RAE for testing, the british were impressed with these aircraft and ordered 675 Units dubbed the Mk.IA

Browns Airacobra Mk.I (BR 2.0)

Browns Airacobra I AH574 - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

The Bell Airacobra Mk.I flown by test pilot Eric “Winkle” Brown, this aircraft is unique as it was the First Tricycle undercarriage aircraft to successfully land on an aircraft carrier, the CVE HMS Pretoria Castle

Barracuda Mk.I (BR 2.0)

Fairey Barracuda Mk.I: The Deadly Fish (i)

A Uniquely designed torpedo bomber produced by Fairey featuring a Shoulder wing design set to replace the Swordfish and Albacore, this was the first production variant with rather lackluster performance from its Merlin 30 engine, featuring a max speed of only 250 mph at minimum load, it was however armed with up to 15000 lbs of bombs, a torpedo and 3 defensive 7.7mm machine guns

Hurricane Mk.I/L FAA M (BR 2.3)

Already in game

a premium gift rank II British fighter with a battle rating of 2.7 (AB), 2.3 (RB), and 2.0 (SB). It was introduced during Update “Raining Fire” as a reward for the 2020 “80th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain” event.

MB.2 (BR 2.3)

Martin Baker MB 2 - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Single engined fighter first taking flight in 1938, armed with a fairly heavy armament of 8 x 7.7mm machine guns and a pretty powerful 1000 hp engine, however performance is let down by a wooden, two bladed propellor and fixed landing gear

Hurricane Mk.IID (BR 2.3)

Hawker Hurricane Mk.IID - "The Flying Can Opener" - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

An earlier variant of Mk.IV hurricane, also armed with the Vickers S cannons, however also has the ability to equip the little john adapted giving it access to an AP shell with considerably more penetration than normal

Boston Mk.I (BR 2.3)

Already in game

Originally ordered for the french as the DB-7 after the fall of france in 1940 the remainder of the french order was taken up by britain and delivered to slightly different specifications including being armed with British Machine guns

DB-7 (BR 2.3)

Already in game

A Twin engined light bomber ordered by the French, this aircraft was added to the game before the french Tech Tree was added and thus is placed in the British tree albeit not visible unless already owned

Beaufighter Mk.I (40mm) (BR 2.3)

Already in game

A specially modified Beaufighter equipped with two 40mm cannons in place of its 20mm cannons, used to evaluate the Vickers S and Rolls-Royce BH for aircraft usage, of which the Vickers S would win

Hurricane Mk.I (L1750) (BR 2.3)

Hawker Hurricane Mk.I (L1750) - "The Heavy Old Cow" - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

A Specially modified Hurricane Mk.I armed exclusively with 20mm cannons, also has a fairly limited amount of rounds per gun as it only has 120 rounds in total

Tomahawk Mk.IIA (BR 2.3)

Curtiss Tomahawk Mk.IIA: Imperfect Perfection

An Improved variant of the Tomahawk, based on the H-81A-2 introducing cockpit armour and self sealing fuel tanks which the Mk.I lacked, compared to the Mk.IIB it used a slightly different system for sealing its tanks, which the RAF did not like leading to it quickly being replaced by the Mk.IIB, it is still armed with the standard 2 x 12.7mm and 4 x 7.7mm machine guns

Corsair Mk.II (BR 2.7)

Already in game

Version of the F4U-1A and D in FAA service, in game it represents the earlier F4U-1A variant, also features some slight differences from the American one including clipped wings to allow it to fit on smaller british carriers

Martlet Mk.IV (BR 2.7)

Already in game

An American F4F-4 bought by the british to slightly different standards, features a Wright R-1820-40B Cyclone engine in a distinctly more rounded cowling

Spitfire Mk.IIA Venture I (BR 3.0)

Already in game

Born out of the Spitfire fund programme where companies, communities and individuals could have their names inscribed on an aircraft, later known as presentation spitfires, one example was Venture I. it is almost identical to the One in the Tech tree aside from a slightly different camo

Boomerang Mk.I (BR 3.0)

Already in game

A Domestic australian design, modified from the Wirraway Trainer and attack aircraft and armed with 4 x 7.7mm machine guns and 2 x 20mm Cannons

Boomerang Mk.II (BR 3.0)

Already in game

A Slightly improved variant of the Boomerang, this version adds the ability to carry a small bomb load giving it a marginally improved ground attack capability

D.520 (BR 3.0)

Already in game

A Single engined french fighter aircraft that entered service shortly after the start of WW2, like the DB-7 this was added to the game before the French Tech Tree was added to game and is now Hidden to those who haven’t unlocked it

Ju-88 A-5 (BR 3.0)

A German Bomber captured by the British after it became disorientated and landed in Britain by mistake, used by No. 1426 Flight or more commonly known as the Rafwaffe to test and evaluate enemy aircraft

Spitfire Mk.I (L1007) (BR 3.0)

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I (L1007) - "The First of its Kind" - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

An early attempt to fit 20mm cannons to the Supermarine Spitfire, giving it an extra punch, however like the early Hurricanes, it lacks in total ammo count with only 120 rounds in total

Mitchell Mk.I (BR 3.3)

North American Mitchell Mk.I: Billy's Bomber meets the British (i)

The First variant of B-25 Mitchell to be used by the RAF, this variant never saw combat as it was given to No.111 OTU in the bahamas for training, it is based off the B-25B and is equipped with 4 x 12.7mm across a Ventral and dorsal turret, a flexible 12.7mm in the nose, and up to 3000 lbs of bombs

Squadron/Event

Spoiler

Hurricane Mk.I (Hilson DUW) (BR 2.0)

A Hurricane Mk.I modified with a Detachable second wing above the fuselage, it was designed to give the aircraft more lift for takeoff at lower speeds and then be detached once airborne, however was not pursued due to the wings tendency to slam into the tail once detached

Firecrest (BR 2.3)

Already in game

A Post war Naval strike aircraft developed by Blackburn, however due to its poor performance and armament it was deemed unsuitable for the role, with it never entering service and all the airframes being scrapped by 1952

Hurricane Mk.I (V7360) (BR 2.7)

Hawker Hurricane Mk.I (V7360) - "Setting the Standard" - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Another Hurricane modified to take an armament of 20mm cannons, this version used metal wings to give it the strength to take 4 cannons in total giving it an edge over its counterparts and formed the basis for the later Hurricane Mk.IIC

Hurricane (20mm Field Mod.) (BR 2.7)

Perhaps one of the most unsightly attempts to fit cannons to a Hurricane, this version was fitted with these Hispano cannons as what appears to be a non standard Field Modification, although not much is known beyond a few Pictures

D.521 (BR 3.0)

Already in game

A Specially modified prototype version of the D.520 equipped with a more powerful Merlin engine, alongside small armament changes, as with the standard D.520 and other aircraft this was added before the French Tech tree was part of war thunder and is now hidden for those who do not have it

Wellington Mk.II (40mm) (BR 3.0)

A Unique Prototype of the Wellington Bomber, this version trading its standard armament for a 40mm cannon in the Dorsal position and a redesigned tail to accommodate it, this never passed the prototype stage for obvious reasons

Rank III

Spoiler

Premiums

Spoiler

Helldiver Mk.I (BR 3.0)

British Designations for 28 Canadian built SBW-1Bs supplied to the Royal Navy, these were identical to the earlier SBW-1s which themselves were canadian built versions of the SB2C-1 helldiver, similar to the SB2C-1C in the US tree but with 4 x 12.7mm Machine guns in place of the cannons. Not to be confused with our brave soldiers spreading peace, Liberty and managed democracy across the galaxy

Gannet AS.1 (BR 3.0)

Carrier Borne anti Submarine aircraft developed in the late 1940s, the AS.1 is the first production variant and can be equipped with up to 2000 lbs of bombs, rockets, Torpedos and depth charges

Hellcat Mk.II (BR 3.3)

Already in game

British Designation for the F6F-5 in Royal Navy service, over 1,200 Hellcats were sent to the FAA through lend lease and they served on all fronts including off Norway, the Mediterranean and the Far east

Thunderbolt Mk.I (BR 3.7)

Already in game

RAF designation for the P-47D-22-RE in RAF service, some of these aircraft were fitted with Malcolm hood canopies’ but that is not reflected in game, making it identical to the US version.

Mustang Mk.X (BR 3.7)

also sometimes known as the “Rolls Royce Mustang” they were a series of test aircraft fitted to Mustang Mk.Is, testing the fitting of the Merlin engines, their development lead to the creation of the P-51B and C, known in RAF service as the Mustang Mk.III

Whirlwind P.9 (BR 3.7)

Already in game

Experimental preproduction variant of the Whirlwind Mk.I, features just over Double the ammunition for its 20mm cannons but at the cost of all its secondary armaments

Mustang Mk.IA (BR 3.7)

Already in game

Second production variant of the Mustang, originally dubbed the Apache but renamed to the RAF name of Mustang, this featured a standard armament of 4 x 20mm cannons instead of the mixed 7.7mm and 12.7mm armament of the Mustang Mk.Is

Mosquito FB.40 (BR 3.7)

A twin seat Fighter bomber mossie built in australia, armed with the standard 4 x 7.7mm and 4 x 20mm cannons but powered by the Merlin 31 engines

P-61A (BR 4.0)

A P-61A transferred to the RAF in 1944 for testing and evaluation, was tested through 1944 until being returned in 1945

Typhoon Mk.Ib (BR 4.3)

Already in game

Single seat Fighter bomber of the RAF, almost identical to the one in the Tech tree however with slightly less engine power, however still offers a massive upgrade over the Mk.Ia

Fw-190 A-3 (BR 4.3)

A Captured Fw-190 that was obtained after becoming disorientated and landing at an RAF base by mistake, it was evaluated by the Rafwaffe until being struck off in 1943

MB.3 (BR 4.3)

Martin-Baker MB.3 - "A Tragedy in Parts" - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

A Prototype aircraft developed from the lessons learned in the MB.1 and MB.2, it was notable for its extremely heavy armament of 6 x 20mm cannons, however after the fatal crash of the only prototype the project was cancelled

Spitfire F.IXc (BR 4.7)

Already in game

A Spitfire developed from the Mk.V variant, the F.IXc variant is equipped with the cannon armament from the Mk.Vc of 4 x 20mm cannons giving it a bigger punch than the standard F.IX

Squadron/Event

Spoiler

B.54 (BR 3.0)

Blackburn B-54: Portly-looking Sub-hunter (part i)

A Turboprop carrier borne submarine hunter that competed with the Fairey gannet, equipped with a Griffon 56 engine, equipped with a variety of Torpedos, Mines and depth charges, it would eventually be re engined and developed into the B.88

P-63A (BR 3.3)

Two P-63As were supplied to the RAF for evaluation and testing into the characteristics and performance of the type’s wing aerofoil shape

Wyvern TF.1 (BR 3.7)

Pre Production variant of the Westland Wyvern, this variant is unique as it uses a Rolls Royce Eagle piston engine, making it one of the only Wyverns to be a Non Turboprop aircraft, only 7 of the 20 planned aircraft were complete due to the cancellation of the Eagle power plant

Spitfire Mk.VIII (BR 4.3)

Supermarine Spitfire Mk VIII - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

A modified version of the Spitfire Mk.VII without a pressurised Cabin and a redesigned tail, was designed to be the main production spitfire however that was cancelled after the Interrime Mk.IX was deemed more than adequate for that role

Rank IV

Spoiler

Premiums

Spoiler

B.88 (BR 3.7)

Blackburn B-88: Portly-looking Sub-hunter (part ii)

Turboprop submarine Hunter Designed to compete against the Fairey Gannet, an evolution of the B.54 offering far better Performance due to its Double Mamba Engine

Wyvern S.4 (BR 4.3)

Already in game

Single Seat Turboprop Naval strike aircraft developed in the immediate post war environment powered by a Python Turboprop engine and seeing service in the Suez crisis, however all were taken out of service only 2 years after production was finished due to its rather poor safety record

MB.5 (BR 5.0)

Already in game

The Ultimate development of the Martin Baker line of fighters in WW2, of which none entered service, Originally designed as a Griffon powered MB.3 a full redesign was chosen and despite claims of excellent performance from test pilots it was cancelled due to a mix of bad luck and the UKs focus on jet aircraft

E.28/39 (W4046) (BR 5.0)

Gloster E.28/39 W4046: Dawn of a New Age (part ii)

Second prototype of the E.28/39, equipped with a more powerful engine, the Rover W.2B, offering slightly greater performance over W4041, although still armed with the rather measly 4 x 7.7mm Machine guns

Lancaster B.VII (BR 5.3)

Final Production variant of the lancaster, with the Dorsal turret moved slightly father forward, other than that, no major differences from the B.III, in the Tech tree

Tempest Mk.I (BR 5.3)

A Prototype version of the Tempest outfitted with the Napier Sabre Mk.IV engine, although it offers the same amount of thrust as the Mk.V, its armament is slightly worse than the following designs, with its 4 x 20mm cannons being the worse Mk.II variant and having no access to suspended weaponry

Spitfire Mk.XIVc (BR 5.7)

Already in game

The product of installing a Griffon 60 engine into a Spitfire Mk VIII, this variant uses the C type wing with two 20mm cannons and 4 x 7.7mm machine guns instead of 2 x 12.7mm machine guns

Prendergast’s Spitfire FR.XIVe (BR 5.7)

Already in game

The Spitfire FR.XIVe Used by the canadian pilot James Prendergast, this is a recon variant with Clipped wings allowing for greater roll rate, however at the cost of a severe drop in manoeuvrability at altitude

Fury I (BR 5.7)

Land based variant on the Sea Fury in service with the Iraqi Air Force, sometimes refered to as the “Baghdad Furies”, effectively identical to the land based fury in the tree.

Plagis’ Spitfire LF.IXc (BR 5.7)

Already in game

Spitfire of the Highest scoring Southern Rhodesian ace of WW2 with at least 16 confirmed aerial victories, his aircraft was shot down over the Netherlands however he walked away with minor injuries and later flew Mustang Mk.IIIs and Gloster Meteors

Hornet F.1 (BR 6.0)

Already in game

First Production variant and second most produced land based Hornet behind the F.3, with a lighter airframe however lower octane fuel giving it only marginal performance increases over its tech tree counterpart

Strikemaster Mk.88 (BR 6.3)

Already in game

Variant of the Strikemaster exported to new Zealand, in game would be identical to the Prototype or the Mk.82 in Omani service, designed for COIN and light attack roles, the RNZAF also equipped their Strikemasters with AIM-9D missiles, however that is not represented in game for balance

Spitfire PP.139 (BR 6.7)

The Prototype F.21, used for performance testing, equipped with 4 x 20mm Cannons and the Original Canopy layout

Spiteful F.XV (BR 7.0)

A modification of the F.XIV, fitted with a Tail hook as an interim for the Supermarine Seafang, identical in all other regards

Squadron/Event

Spoiler

BF-109 G-2/Trop (BR 4.3)

[Captured]Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6/U2 - British Thoroughbred - - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

A BF-109 found in damaged condition at an Axis Airfield in North Africa, Repaired by No.3 Sqn by cannibalising other 109s, evaluated in north africa before being transferred to the “Rafwaffe”. it is now preserved in the RAF Museum

Student Mk.2 (BR 5.0)

Prototype training and later counter insurgency Aircraft developed around the same time as the Strikemaster, was tested by the RAF but was never accepted into service

P.1005 (BR 5.0)

Prototype bomber in construction by Hawker however was cancelled due to advances in technology and Hawkers focus on Fighters, was to have had a Bombload of 4000 lbs and an armament of 2 x 7.7mm machine guns in the nose and 4 x 7.7mm machine guns in a dorsal turret

Lancaster B.X (BR 5.3)

Canadian built Version of the Lancaster B.III, almost identical however features a heavier Martin 250CE dorsal turret

P-59A (BR 5.7)

A P-59A given to the UK for testing in exchange for a Meteor F.1, being given the Serial RJ362/G

He-177 A-5 (BR 6.0)

A He-177 captured by the French resistance in August 1944, then flown britain in late 1944 and given to the RAF for testing at the RAE

Meteor F.1 (Trent) (BR 6.0)

A sole modified meteor used to test the Trent Turboprop engines, first flown in September 1945, it was the first Turboprop aircraft in the world, it retains the standard 20mm armament of the other Meteors

Rank V

Spoiler

Premiums

Spoiler

E.1/44 (early) (BR 7.0)

Single engined alternative to the Meteor, Armed with 4 x 20mm Cannons and the Nene II engine, this variant is the Early iteration with a different tail section from the later variant

Attacker FB.2 (BR 7.0)

Already in game

Updated Fighter Bomber variant over the FB.1, upgraded with the Nene II engine, 84 units built by supermarine at South-Marston

SR.A/1 (BR 7.0)

Saunders-Roe SR.A/1 - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

prototype flying boat fighter aircraft designed and built by British seaplane manufacturer Saunders-Roe. It was the first jet-propelled water-based aircraft in the world. Armed with 4 x 20mm Cannons and a secondary armament of either 2 x 1000 lbs bombs or 8 x RP-3 Rockets

F.9/40H (BR 7.3)

Gloster F.9/40H - "The Goblin Paves the Way"

The first Meteor to get off the ground, powered by de Havilland Goblin engines. Similar top speed to the Meteor F Mk.I, but with a better power/weight ratio. Armed with 4 x 20mm Cannons

Meteor NF.11 (Fireflash) (BR 7.7)

This is Meteor NF.11 WM374, used for testing the Fireflash missiles currently only in game on the Swift F.7, Would be identical to the NF.11 in the tech tree but with added Fireflash Missiles as an option

Sea Vampire F.20 (BR 7.7)

A navalised Variant of the Vampire FB.5 with strengthened undercarriage and an arrestor hook, same armament as the FB.5 however slightly heavier leading to slightly worse performance

Swordfish FGR.69/j (BR 7.7)

Developed in response to the Soviet 2-OP Fighter Bomber, Armed with an MDBA Meteor in place of its Torpedo and 4 Wingtip mounted ASRAAMs as well as a GAU-8 cannon in its defensive turret. this is a complete joke so please do not take it seriously :), if you have seen this, congrats as this is one of (or maybe to only?) easter egg in the tree

Meteor F.8 Reaper (BR 8.0)

Already in game

Prototype ground attack variant of the Meteor F.8, Armed with a massively improved Bomb and rocket load, should also have access to wingtip Fuel tanks

Meteor F.4 (RA435) (BR 8.0)

A Meteor F.4 Outfitted with Afterburners on its Derwent engines, all armament is the same as the F.4 However with massively increased performance due to the extra engine power

Meteor F.8 (WA982) (BR 8.0)

Gloster Meteor Used to test the Rolls Royce Soar engines, with one fitted to each wingtip, essentially identical to the Standard F.8 however with extra thrust from the Soar Engines

Type 529 (BR 8.3)

Vickers Supermarine Type 529

Prototype Carrier Based aircraft, developed into the Supermarine Scimitar, Armed with 4 x 30mm ADEN cannons

Canberra B.20 (BR 8.3)

A Canberra B.2 built under licence in Australia, effectively identical to the B.2 in game but additional fuel tanks in the wings

Sea Vixen FAW.2 (BR 8.7)

Already in game

An improved variant of the Sea Vixen FAW.1, with the main upgrade being the addition of the Red Top Missiles, however this came at the cost of removing its Rocket pods/ cannon Slot, for the cooling required for the Missiles

CL-13 Mk.6 (BR 8.7)

A Canadair Sabre in use by the South African Air Force, 34 units were acquired in 1956 and served all the way until they were replaced by Mirages in 1976.

Sperrin (Gyron) (BR 8.7)

A Short Sperrin modified with the Rolls Royce Gyron engines providing a massively increased amount of power, retains all of the armament of the Original Design

Swift F.2 (BR 8.7)

A Supermarine Swift Modified with an extra 2 x 30mm ADEN cannons, however did not see proper success due to poor performance once at altitudes

Squadron/Event

Spoiler

Meteor (WD790) (BR 7.7)

A modified Meteor based on the NF.11, however used as a radar trials aircraft and for non destructive target practice

Sabre F.2 (BR 8.3)

Canadair Sabre F.2: The First of a New Generation for the RAF

CL-13 Mk.2 in RAF service, 3 were received ahead of the delivery of the F.4 variant to prepare RAF Crews for the aircraft about to be delivered, were either retired after the F.4s became available or were assimilated into the F.4 squadrons

Type 525 (BR 8.3)

A prototype aircraft similar to the Type 529, however with a different tail design and Swept wings, providing a middle ground between the 529 and Scimitar

Meteor F.8 (VZ517) (BR 8.3)

A meteor F.8 modified for testing the Rolls Royce Screamer Engine, massively increased Thrust however only for a short time due to it being a Rocket engine

Canberra B.(I).12 (RNZAF) (BR 8.3)

A Canberra B.(I).12 in service with the Royal New Zealand Air Force, this version does not have any of the South African Upgrades meaning it is essentially a B.(I).8

Swift F.4 (BR 8.7)

A Swift modified as a mix between the F.2 and FR.5, Armed with 4 x 30mm ADEN cannons however with an afterburning Avon 114 engine

Vulcan B.1 (VX777) (BR 9.0)

Second Prototype Avro Vulcan, more and the most alike to the Production B.1, featuring a visual bomb aimer, longer nose and the Olympus 100 engines

Rank VI

Spoiler

Premiums

Spoiler

Hunter F.2 (BR 8.7)

Second production variant of the Hunter, first taking flight in october 1953, outfitted with a Sapphire 101 engine

Lightning F.3 (BR 9.0)

First Variant of the lightning to introduce the Red Top missiles, as well as better AI-23B radar and Avon 301R engines, however loses all of its ADEN armament

CA-27 Mk.32 (BR 9.0)

Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation CA-27 Sabre Mk.32 - "The Hunter Down Under"

Australian built version of the F-86 Sabre, built with Rolls Royce Avon engines and 30mm ADEN cannons as well as having access to twin AIM-9B missiles

Hunter T.8M (BR 9.3)

Slightly modified variant of the Hunter T.8 used for training Sea Harrier Pilots that adds the Blue Fox radar at the cost of its remaining ADEN, although retains all other weapons capability

Lightning F.53 (BR 9.3)

Already in game

Export variant of the F.6, with Pylons upgraded to carry bombs or rockets, also features a rocket bay under the fuselage, represented under the Saudi arabian Flag in game

Hunter FGA.9 (RhAF) (BR 9.3)

Already in game

A Hunter FGA.9 used by the Rhodesian Air Force, currently in game called the FGA.9 however that would have to change with the addition of a British FGA.9, modified from standard variants as it can carry AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles

Harrier T.4 (BR 9.3)

Twin seat trainer roughly equivalent to the GR.3, outfitted with a Pegasus 103 engine and an RWR, however with no access to any Missiles

Hunter FGA.70 (BR 9.3)

Export variant of the Hunter for Lebanon, interesting as it is the most recent serving variant of the Hunter being retired as late as 2014, 63 years after its first flight

Hunter F.4 (WT703) (BR 9.3)

Hawker Hunter F.4 WT703: The Ground Attack Hunter (i)

Prototype variant of the F.4 with the ground attack ordinance of the FGA.9, slightly worse performance though due to the worse engines

Harrier GR.1 (BR 9.7)

Already in game

First Production variant of the Hawker Siddeley Harrier, in game outfitted with the SRAAM missiles it could carry but never did in service, compared to the GR.3 it lacks RWR and Countermeasures

Vulcan B.2 (XH588) (BR 9.7)

"Vulcan to the skies" XH558 | Avro Vulcan Tribute suggestion - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Most recent flying Vulcan popularised through its appearances at airshows up until 2015, she was the First B.2 to enter service and the last to leave, We propose this could be a charity premium similar to the Sea Gladiator Mk.I “Faith” to help the Charity keep her maintained and perhaps one day return her to flying condition

Hawk T.1A (Red Arrows) (BR 9.7)

BAE Hawk T.1A Red Arrows: British Superstar

A hawk T.1A in use with the Red Arrows, its use as part of one of the most popular display teams in the world would surely make this a good selling point

Squadron/Event

Spoiler

Buccaneer S.1 (BR 8.7)

Already in game

First Production Variant of the Buccaneer equipped with the less powerful Gyron 101 engines as well as having a significantly less amount of armament and no missiles or Countermeasures

P.1067 (BR 8.7)

Hawker P.1067: Birth of a Hunter

The prototype aircraft that would become the Hawker Hunter, developed partially from the Sea Hawk and other Prototypes such as the P.1052, armed with 4 x 30mm ADEN cannons

Hunter F.4 (XF310) (9.0)

Hunter F.4 modified to use Fireflash air to air missiles, identical to the Tech Tree F.4 however with the Fireflash as an optional extra

Jaguar SO.6 (BR 9.3)

The First British Single seat prototype Jaguar, taking flight in october 1969 and breaking the sound barrier on its first flight, it was sadly destroyed just under 3 years later due to an uncontained fuel tank leak and subsequent fire, would be similar to the Standard GR.1 however with only one ADEN, and no missiles

Harrier T.2 (BR 9.3)

First Twin seater harrier variant based off of the Harrier GR.1, pretty much identical to the GR.1 aside from access to any SRAAM missiles and well as slightly worse performance due to extra weight

Hunter GA.11 (BR 9.3)

Hawker Hunter GA.11: Hunter turns Teacher (iii)

A Hunter F.4 in use with the Royal Navy for weapons training, they received various changes including the loss of its Ranging radar and ADEN armament, but being wired for weapons such as the AIM-9 Sidewinder, AGM-12 Bullpup and a variety of Dumb bombs and rockets

Hawk Mk.60 (BR 9.7)

Export variant of the T.1A, the Mk.60 being for Zimbabwe, similar to the T.1A however with slightly more diverse payload options, such as SURA rockets

Rank VII

Spoiler

Premiums

Spoiler

Jaguar ES (BR 10.3)

Jaguar GR.1 in service with the Ecuadorian Air Force, Upgraded to GR.1A standard, however without GBUs and with Magic 1s as its AAM

Hawk 208 (BR 10.7)

Hawk 200 in service with the Royal Malaysian Air Force, slightly worse than the Standard Hawk 200 as the only AAMs it used are AIM-9P and Ls, no radar missiles

Buccaneer S.2D (BR 10.7)

A Buccaneer S.2 in Royal Navy service upgraded to S.2B standard, slightly heavier as it retains the heavier arrestor gear for carrier operations

Hawk 120 (BR 11.7)

Hawk 100 in South African service, Armed with a wide array of advanced weapons such as the V3C missiles

F-4J (UK) (BR 12.0)

Already in game

F-4J in RAF service, bought as a gap filler for the Air defence gap left from the aftermath of the Falklands war, retaining the American Engines, Also sometimes referred to as the Phantom F.3

Squadron/Event

Spoiler

Jaguar T.2A (BR 10.3)

SEPECAT Jaguar T.2A: Feline Teacher

Twin seat trainer variant of the Jaguar, built on the GR.1 airframe however has access to countermeasures and one less ADEN cannon

Tornado F.2A TIARA (BR 11.0)

TIARA - The Research Tornado - Great Britain - War Thunder - Official Forum

Tornado F.2A outfitted for testing, (TIARA Standing for Tornado Integrated Avionics Research Aircraft), features one drawback over the Standard F.2A of having no Radar missiles, however outfitted with the Blue Vixen Radar

Sea Harrier FRS.1 (BR 11.3)

Already in game

Navalised Version of the Harrier, seeing extensive use in the Falklands War, this later version represents the Post Falklands version with access to up to 4 AIM-9Ls instead of just 2

Jaguar IS (BR 11.3)

Already in game

A Jaguar GR.1A in service with the Indian Air force, features several differences including one less ADEN cannon to make room for a LITENING II targeting pod, upgraded engines, and the use of Magic II Missiles instead of AIM-9s

Rank VIII

Spoiler

Premiums

Spoiler

Tornado IDS (RSAF) (BR 11.7)

The Tornado IDS in service with the Royal Saudi Air Force, effectively identical to the Tornado GR.1 in the Tech Tree

Mig-21 Bison (BR 12.3)

Already in game

Massive Indian upgrade of their Mig-21 fleet, equipped with the Kopyo radar allowing it to use advanced missiles such as the R-27, R-73 and R-77.

Cheetah C (FAE) (BR 13.3)

the Cheetah C in service with the Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana (Ecuadorian Air force), currently the only Country’s armed forces to still operate the Cheetah aircraft, functionally identical to the South African one

Typhoon DA.4 (BR 13.7)

Twin seat Version of the Eurofighter, used by the UK for radar and Avionics development, can be equipped with the same armament as the DA.2 in the Tech Tree

Squadron/ Event

Spoiler

Harrier T.10 (BR 11.7)

First Twin seat second gen harrier variant, similar to the American counterpart the TAV-8B however is fully combat capable, in this case would be given the same armaments at the Harrier GR.5A, excluding any exclusive weapons only approved for the GR.5 series

Tornado ADV (RSAF) (BR 12.0)

Tornado ADV in service with the Royal Saudi Air Force, the only export customer to buy the Tornado ADV, Functionally identical to the F.3 in the Tech tree

Jaguar T.4 (BR 13.3)

Jaguar T.2 upgraded under the same package as the GR.3A, very similar however with one less ADEN and no overwing Pylons, armed with ASRAAM as its main missile

Rank IX

Spoiler

Premium

Spoiler

Harrier GR.7(ZD318) (BR 13.7)

Harrier GR.7 used for testing weapons such as ASRAAM, would be identical to the GR.7 however with these advanced weapons as well

Typhoon RSAF (BR 14.3)

Version of the Typhoon in service with the Royal Saudi Air force, 72 aircraft were acquired in the 2000s, very similar to the F.2 variant however with IRIS-T instead of ASRAAM

Squadron/ Event

Spoiler

Jaguar IM (BR 13.7)

Single seat Maritime Strike variant of the Jaguar for india, equipped with the Agave (and later EL/M-2052) radar, equipped with Sea Eagle and ASRAAM missiles

Typhoon IPA.5 (BR 14.3)

5th Instrumented Production Aircraft Typhoon, used by the UK for air to air and air to ground weapons integration

Why we stayed away from India and other Commonwealth

Spoiler

From @AVROVULCANXH558

When making this suggestion, we came to the conclusion that there would be enough vehicles of British and South African origin to fill any gaps which we saw could be filled. We dispensed with many types which were not unique to the latter country in order to reduce copy paste, and to make the best use of all the available British aircraft. South Africa is also a part of the British tech tree already, so we took advantage of this fact when deemed necessary.

We also believe that India has enough vehicles to form its own unique tree, due to their unique defence policies during and after the Cold War, with many of their vehicles being local modifications of Soviet equipment. Whilst these can be considered unique to India, the fact that many vehicles of Soviet origin are being added to the UK tree is worrying a number of members from the British community, who would much rather see British (or South African) equivalents. Whilst it is undeniable that British equipment played an important role in Indian defence, we must also realise that they sourced a lot of equipment from elsewhere, some highly modified, some less so, to such a degree that it would risk cluttering the UK tree if all of it is added. Additionally, there is often a big point of contention in regards to the placement of fully domestic equipment, with many arguments as to which nation has the biggest right to claim this vehicle. Due to these reasons, we would much prefer to see India as its own independent tech tree so that all of its vehicles can be put in a single place and allow for the creation of unique lineups.

Likewise, we decided against the addition of vehicles from Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Singapore, as we would much rather see their vehicles sit in a Commonwealth tech tree, in order to leverage the various strengths of these respective nations to a much greater degree than if they were lumped into the British tech tree.

Our Policy on lend lease and Non domestic aircraft

Spoiler

From @lxtav

In regards to Lend lease vehicles we feel that any type of vehicle supplied through lend lease that a country used in large numbers or lacks a domestic alternative to should be given to that nation, we understand this is not ideal for many people with arguments that it degrades from the Uniqueness of other trees, and while yes can be true, however it also allows for a more complete experience for players of that nation, especially when Vehicles such as the Kittyhawk Mk.IA or Mustang Mk.III served as an integral part of the British Forces during WW2, this also means that we accept British vehicles going to other trees, such as the Spitfire and Mosquito going to the USA as they operated them in large numbers. In some cases we have used less than ideal vehicles in the tree, such as the A-26B that was only tested and ordered by the RAF however they have only been added as a lack of other vehicles at that BR limit our options for that line.

Our Statement regarding the Grind

Spoiler

From @AVROVULCANXH558

Concerns have been raised about the length of the grind. The width of the Tech Tree poses an issue, as it requires grinding a large number of vehicles to complete a Rank. We decided to include this as our first amendment.

Our proposal is that players would only need to grind out up to five lines in one rank to complete it, as is the case today. This allows players to choose certain lines which are more to their liking and playstyle.

Changelog

Spoiler

V1 - Initial Release - 06/07/2024

• Greetings! Here we will add any changes we make to this suggestion, whether it be as little as fixing Grammar to linking new suggestions and adding new vehicles, feel free to come back here from time to time to see the changes we have made since your last visit. Also feel free to point out any inaccuracies, spelling mistakes or anything else you see in the tree. Have a great day - Lxtav

V1.1 - V1.9

Spoiler

V1.1 - Patch No.1 - 06/07/2024

• Added disclaimer that Pictures are broken to second and third post
  • Updated pictures of Rank I & II of Maritime/Naval Strike line
  • Changed status of Buccaneer S.2B to Already in game
  • Added “Our Statement regarding the Grind
  • Small grammar and layout fixes

V1.2 - Patch No.2 - 06/07/2024

• Updated the Pictures of Ranks III to IX of the Maritime/Naval Strike line
  • Updated Description of Buccaneer S.50
  • Small Grammar and layout fixes

V1.3 - Patch No.3 - 07/07/2024

• Updated Pictures of Ranks I to IX of Attackers line

V1.4 - Patch No.4 - 07/07/2024

• Updated Pictures of Ranks I to VIII of Light/ Medium Bombers line
  • Updated Pictures of Ranks I to X of Heavy Bombers line
  • Removed the Disclaimer that Pictures are broken from second post (Yippee!)

All pictures in the second post should now be working, please mention if one is still broken :)

V1.5 - Patch No.5 - 08/07/2024

• Fixed Halifax B.I Image
  • Corrected description of Tornado P.03
  • Rewrote description of Hellcat NF.II
  • Attached Suggestion for Hellcat NF.II (suggestion)
  • Small Grammar and Layout fixes

V1.6 - Patch No.6 - 11/07/2024

• Updated Pictures of Ranks VII to IX of Premiums
  • Updated Hellcat NF.II Description

V1.7 - Patch No.7 - 12/07/2024

• Updated Pictures of Rank VI of Premiums

V1.8 - Patch No.8 - 16/07/2024

V1.9 - Patch No.9 - 26/07/2024

• Updated Pictures of Rank IV Premiums
  • Attached Suggestion for Barracuda Mk.II
  • Preparations for V2.0

V2.0 - Update “Strike from the Sea”

• Added new Vehicles;

• Barracuda Mk.I (BR 2.0) (Rank 2 Premium)
    • Tomahawk Mk.IIA (BR 2.3) (Rank 2 Premium)
    • Corsair Mk.I (BR 2.3) (Rank 2, After Fulmar Mk.I)
    • Corsair Mk.IV (BR 2.7) (Rank 2, Folded after Mk.I)
    • Corsair Mk.IV (late) (BR 3.0) (Rank 2, Folded after Mk.IV)
    • Mitchell Mk.I (BR 3.3) (Rank 2 Premium)
    • Mitchell Mk.II (BR 3.3) (Rank 2, Folded before Mk.III)
    • Hellcat FR Mk.II (BR 3.3) (Rank 3, Folded between Mk.I And NF Mk.II)
    • Firebrand TF.VA (BR 4.0) (Rank 3, Folded After Firebrand TF.IV) (Thx to @AspandaIV for suggesting)
    • Tempest Mk.I (BR 5.3) (Rank 4 Premium) (Thx to @warhead_beast for suggesting)
    • Harrier GR.5A (BR 11.7) (Rank 7, Folded after GR.5)
  • Changed BR of Vehicles;

• Hellcat Mk.I (BR 3.3 → 3.0)
    • BR’S FROM 10.3 TO 15.7 HAVE BEEN DECOMPRESSED TO 10.3 to 16.3 IN LINE WITH RECENT BR CHANGES
  • Changed Name of Vehicles;

• Corsair F.II → Corsair Mk.II
    • Hellcat NF.II → Hellcat NF Mk.II
    • Mitchel B.III → Mitchell Mk.III
    • Mosquito FB.IV → Mosquito FB.VI
  • Changed Designation of Vehicles;

• Firebrand TF.IV (Fighter → Attacker)
  • Small Grammar, Description and other changes

8 Likes

Placeholder 3

3 Likes

6 Likes

+1, this would be an ideal version of the British tree.

We undertook this project to try and reorganise the UK Tree in the most ideal way, and we hope that it can serve as a good example for other trees which are facing similar issues to Britain. Such a tree would be very helpful for the US and USSR TTs, but it would definitely help a lot of other trees, even trees which are considered to be small such as France and Italy.

5 Likes

If I’m not mistaken:

the Cheetah C has both the R-Darter and Python 4/5 missiles, (possibly can carry 6 missiles in total).

12.7 might be a bit too low… (given the good radar and fm as well as the god missiles)

Edit: (Also isn’t the Cheetah D just as potent and capable as the Cheetah C, just a worse FM given the two seater part, probabaly should also be around the same BR as the Cheetah C if so.)

OK, not bad project

Currently great britain none heavy fighter & night fighter rank III ~ V and light attack aircraft rank IV ~ VII at BR 5.3 ~ 11.3

Gajin had resolved to approve indian ground vehicle and aircraft for great britain

Sorry, it’s too late

1 Like

we are aware, this was started before India was confirmed to be coming to Britain and whist researching we became aware that there was enough aircraft from the UK and South Africa that we wouldn’t need any other aircraft, it would also have taken away from domestic british designs and incurred more of the C&P haters by giving us Rafales, Mig-29s and Su-35s at top tier

There is space in the heavy fighter line however where we purposely left ranks VI to X unused for any potential subtrees that could be added, such as india or any other commonwealth, we just chose not to include it (for now at least).

Until Gaijin adds the first Indian vehicles to the researchable tree, it is unclear if it will ever be used for more than premiums, we may reevaluate this stance in the future

1 Like

Very nice project. Do you plan to also extend to different loadouts for the presented planes?

2 Likes

yes, that was the main reason this was not allowed to be posted in the suggestions section (for now) over time we plan to add new vehicles and update the existing vehicles descriptions.

A lot of them were made by me very late at night and I was working around school, work and life so please forgive me for getting complacent with some descriptions :) I’m currently working to fix all the pics in the second and third posts and will move onto updating descriptions once I have done that.

Thanks for the feedback :D

In addition to what @lxtav stated in the previous reply, we are also in the process of suggesting as many vehicles as possible. These will include a full list of armaments. For now this is what could be managed given the restraints imposed by life upon those who created the tree.

1 Like

If you need two more suggestions for probably event planes
Tempest Mk I
Tempest Mk VI

2 Likes

I’ll look into adding them in the future, once im finished sorting the images out I will work on a major update with new vehicles, if you have any more info feel free to DM me with it so i can begin working on them

1 Like

Harrier GR.5 armed AIM-9L like AV-8B basic (Day Attack). but limited unguided bomb & rocket and no precision-guided munition (PGM) ?

It maybe training variant of Harrier GR.5A & Harrier GR.7 ?

Would be event vehicle ?

It look like Hawker Hunter (RhAF) premium pack

But it’s RAF version ?

Yeah, now great britain tech tree no Gloster Meteor first variant

But why not 6.7 BR ?

bro…
how many vehicles…
i cannot imagine…
im speechless ova’ ere blud…
damn nice job!

1 Like

I plan to split the GR.5 into two variants upon the first Major update, it will become the Harrier GR.5 with its full bomb loadout but limited to the AIM-9G as its best AAM, and the GR.5A to replace the T.10 with AIM-9L

as stated above I plan to move it to either Premium or event upon the first Major update

yes its the RAF version, the RhAF one has been renamed accordingly

mainly because the Spitfire Mk.24 outperforms it…

it has low fuel, and equal or worse performance than most late props

Thank you! :)

it’s been a long time in the making and its great to see positive feedback!

1 Like

Australian made aircraft like the CA-15 Kangaroo?

We chose to keep commonwealth and other aircraft as much as possible,as we canadian, australian, indian etc. In their own respective trees of which they have more than enough vehicles for.

2 Likes