Potential Chinese Ground Force Additions

like a CTCV105HP, with large size turret

That wz1224 looks like fun

My compilation of all the missing wheeled vehicles for China that I know of:

There are multiple Type 08 chassis vehicles missing from this compilation.
Additionally, I haven’t included the Type 19 (105mm and IFV) variant:

Spoiler

Type 19 105

As there are no high-res images, since it has not been shown off.

And I haven’t included the TC-1L Antelope:

Spoiler

As I just didn’t have space.

This is only the wheeled vehicles that I’m aware of.
This is how many mere wheeled vehicles China is missing.
You could make an entire tech tree out of only the wheeled vehicles that China has domestically produced, that still haven’t been added to the game.

2 Likes

Add the WZ551 with PL-9 missiles

At the bottom left, there is a system like crotale, but I’m not sure what it is. The 6 wheeled one with a HMG sticking out in the front.

Then make the picture bigger for extra space? and list the name of each vehicle for who want to know further infos

The problem is that I would need to change the entire layout to add one vehicle. I can only add one whole column or one whole row without changing the entire arrangement. So I would need roughly ~4 more vehicles.

I’ve got the WZ551D and the Antelope. I just need two/three more.

Can’t you cut some images to change them in a better size? Or you forget/lost your source file?
When I making this kind of image, if I know I might change it in the future i will save it as a PSD file instead of export a PNG and turn off the software

I just use MSPaint. So it’s quite inflexible.
I think I’ll scour for some more wheeled vehicles.

The Type 19s and VE32A would be great to add to the list, but I’ve been unable to find high-resolution images. Or at least not blurry ones to upscale with AI.

and some vehicles which have suggestion already(i suggest you remake a image with Photoshop,Krita or any other software with layers, then add names cause it’s so hard to find if there’s a vehicle already in the image with only image)

links here, not all wheeled suggestion

30mm Wheeled SPAAG Weapon System, PGZ09 on a Wheeled Hull.
NORINCO 8x8 CS / VP4, Multi-purpose all-terrain vehicles
NORINCO 6x6 CS / VP16B, Multi-purpose all-terrain vehicles
Changan CS95 (CS/LK3) - It Would Be Really Funny...
CSK-131 (GAM-102) - I See You
EQ2050 MLRS - Fast And Furious
HRB-131/HN5C
Ld-2000 (ty90)
Type 40 recoilless rifle on a Mitsubishi C-25 scooter.
NJ211B (HJ-8) - Shoot And Scoot
NJ2046 (HJ-9A) - In And Out
PCL-09 - Modern Chinese FlakBus
SH2 - High-Mobility Howitzer At A High Price
SH5 - Completing The Family
SX2150K (PG87) - Competition Shooter

3 Likes

HQ7? The wheeled ones for Bangladesh air force and army are slightly different, but both could be added, although no search radar sucks a bit. It is literally a crotale, so we know the lock should be no more than 16km as it is inferior to crotale NG aka ITOM 90M. It is a possible addition except it was originally developed for naval use.

1 Like

Another post
This seems like a very odd vehicle from my perspective as it does not have any support on the floor, yet carries weapons large enough to blow away the vehicle. Also where would the control be implemented, since it is pretty unlikely anyone would want to sit anywhere close to the missile or the gun when firing.

It seems well…

and in this video you could see it’s remoted, for in-game i think it will works like Chaparral which means crew won’t leave vehicle

1 Like

From what i’ve heard/talked with PLA watchers it seems to be the next gen MBT, not a light tank.

3 Likes

Me and my tin foil hat thinks it is going to be the replacement for the ZTZ-96’s that make up the backbone of the army’s tanks. You figure they are very dated, the Army was dissatisfied with the mobility of them and only deemed them ‘sufficient’, and China still has the issue of having to be ready for a war in any theater. So it would be a good idea to replace the old 96’s while working on an even better armored one to replace the 99’s and act as a heavier tank force like they do now. I got no backing that this tank is that, just what I can speculate as an outside observer.

2 Likes

Once this tank enters production ofc the 96s will be the first ones to go. The 99s are another topic, if we consider the A then it is pretty much a modern tank… the only couple of things it might need are APS, remotely controlled commander station and side-armor. The other 99s have a different chassis so they might have to sit there and be replaced after the 96s. Still, having lots of tanks in the inventory is not a bad thing at all… in the case of need a tin can is better than nothing.

3 Likes

I mean the ZTZ99s with their similar design to Russian tanks will probably be used similarly as a break through tool, although the PLA will probably have more accurate airstrikes with missiles. I am just wondering, will the type 15 be limited to just fighting in the Tibet or will it be more common on the battlefield? It could be a similar ability to ZTZ96A, but is much more agile and modern.

1 Like

IIRC, the type 15 is already used in the Southern Theatre, replacing the Type 62 unit there.

1 Like

Well yeah, my point is, is it going to be just a replacement for light tanks from 1960s or can it replace ZTZ96 since it actually has better armour and mobility. Even the ZTZ96A still suffers from that huge LFP, so ZTQ15 could be a great replacement especially as it is lighter at 38 tonnes.

Even if the ZTQ-15 has better armor etc… compared to the 96s the main thing is its a light tank, it will replace light tanks, it is better compared to obsolete MBTs but that doesn’t mean it should replace MBTs.

1 Like