Decompressing Battle Ratings for Top Aircraft and Accompanying Changes to Stock Weapons

After analysing the effectiveness of aircraft that have new FOX-3 missiles and the number of game sessions involving top aircraft, we’ve decided to carry out decompression at Battle Ratings 10.0 to 13.0 and raise the maximum Battle Rating to 13.7. By doing this, we look to solve several problems at once: to separate the very best aircraft with the most advanced weapons currently in game from earlier 3rd and 4th generations of aircraft, and to also separate attack aircraft with all-aspect missiles from many opponents who don’t have these weapons and effective ways of countering them.

Please note that these Battle Rating changes will only apply to Air Battles and do not impact combined battles. It’s also worth noting that these are unscheduled Battle Rating changes, so they only include changes to the Battle Ratings of higher-ranking aircraft associated with an increase to the maximum Battle Rating. Changes for other types of vehicles, as well as changes for lower Battle Rating aircraft, will be made as part of the planned Battle Rating changes that we do at a later date. Regarding the individual spawn points for subsonic attack aircraft with all-aspect missiles, we’ll monitor the statistics of these aircraft after decompression and your reaction and feedback will help us decide whether this change is needed at a later date.

As Battle Rating decompression will also affect Simulator Battles, we’ll also make changes to the rotation of the available Battle Rating ranges in Air Simulator Battles.

Along with the Battle Rating changes, we’re also planning to change the stock weapon loadouts of Rank VIII aircraft, which are available to you without unlocking modifications. Since high-ranking battles are often decided by the presence of medium-range missiles and the battle often begins at distances inaccessible to short-range IR missiles, we’ll issue two medium-range missiles to all Rank VIII aircraft without the need to research the corresponding modification. For aircraft that can carry just 2 of these missiles, the modification for them will be removed and any Golden Eagles, Silver Lions and Research Points spent will be refunded. However, there are also several vehicles that don’t have medium-range missiles as part of their armament. For those particular cases, we’ll supplement the stock set of missiles available with another pair of improved short-range missiles. For those particular aircraft, if an opportunity exists during its research path, four IR missiles will be immediately available without researching any modifications.

These changes will come to the game in an update next week. You can see all of the changes in the table through the link below.

219 Likes

This has some problems lol, nice additions but such a miniscule form of decompression

82 Likes

Is it planned for lower BRs to be decompressed because this is only a temporary solution for Long-term problem

45 Likes

Great change, hopefully we get more changes like this to help with the player experience.

23 Likes

Poor su22 sounds

11 Likes

we are SO BACK

6 Likes

What we also desperatelly need is smaller matches, not this barelly functional 12v12 option button.
A real 100% chance smaller match button.

54 Likes

can we at least get 12.0 for ground too?

82 Likes

@Stona_WT
Will the unexplained 13.0 cutoff for the Air Assault mode still be in effect after these changes?

or will it also be being increased to 14.0?

24 Likes

J-8F is surely going to get some better IR missiles right?

Stock it has PL-5Bs (not the All-aspect PL-5C), and it spaded has Python 3s with no IRCCM at 13.0 all because it gets 2 ARH missiles?

Meanwhile the same BR is a JAS39A with far better flight performance, countermeasure load, and 2x 9L (Stock), and 6x 9M (Spaded). No rear-aspect missiles here.

48 Likes

It’s look like pretty good

2 Likes

I did not read it yet - but holy Gaijin you made some change didn’t you!
Hope this is not disappointing.

Edit:
First of all thank you for this, I reckon that you have been listening to the community and I am appreciated. Rest assure this is a good change and you have my full support, I am still concerned with the following:

• If we are talking about the entire range from 10.0 to 13.0, then merely decompresing it to 13.7 is not nearly enough. I know you need to be conservative right there in Gaijin, but I want to let you know that there’s actual problem between BR like 10.0 to 10.3 (F8E vs F4C, for example) and 11.0 to 11.3 (F104S vs F4S for example while the J8B is at the same BR of F104S - nonsense to me.) So yeah I’d say if we extend it all the way till 10.0, then 14.0 is necessary at least.
  • I’d mention this again that chaff is an essential need for survival against FOX1 or 3 after the calibration to multipath effect. I appreciate your work on missiles but chaff is just as important if not more than the MRAAM itself.

Elsewise, very nice decision, I am not disappointed at all.

Edit 2:
It looks like you guys had the focus on 10.0 to 11.3 really. Top tier is essentially unchanged. It is also - if not more, demanding for a change. Please Gaijin, you know and I know, we all know it.

20 Likes

The tornado series being 11.3 and 11.7 is still a big joke. Just put assta1 gr1 on 11.3 like the MFG and the WTD, this would have been the chance to do so

27 Likes

They… Listened?

Dang, where is my Gaijin? What did you do with them?? Give them back- er actually, don’t. Keep it up guys :)

9 Likes

Can someone explain to me WHY the all the Tornado IDS variants have different BRs. Like, in ARB they are all EXACTLY THE SAME yet the ones with guided bombs are 0.3 higher???

25 Likes

Could be worse, but how about ground battles? Are we going to get some decompression there for the tanks?

13 Likes

While we do need much more decompression - This is a small start.

Some credit where it’s due, naturally. It’s appreciated.

9 Likes

@Stona_WT completely dumb and unreasonable changes.
I can agree with some, but overall - you’re wrong. Cancel it before it’s too late!!!

7 Likes

You see, laser guided munition make plane go faster, says piss drunk Ivan

12 Likes

Seems like good changes for most planes with some exceptions tho, I hope that feedback will sort those out before the update goes life.

3 Likes