F-5C's Performance at 11.0 Needs Reassessment

Oke you are right nothing has changed plane is still preforming the same then why did they even changed BR if nothing has changed Im really curious. Thank you

because everything else around it also went up. it’s almost as if that’s what the majority of the community had been begging for for ages

it didn’t help the F-5C was possibly one of the best premiums at 10.3 (and around that BR range), so it was bound to go up. the question was more when it’d go up.

1 Like

Learn to play the game correctly? You do know you don’t need to be overpowered to play a jet, right?

4 Likes

bruh all the people whining about 9.3
it wouldnt see 9.3 now anyways, if f5c was correctly decompressed it would be at 10.7 now
it shouldnt be the same BR as f5e which is superior in every way to f5c
f5c now faces stronger enemies in bigger amounts it wasnt just decompressed its matchmaking changed for the worse
f4c should be 10.3 too not 10.7

1 Like

you are wrong, the enemies f5c fights have changed
previously it would see only a few mig23/whatever was at 11.3 and went up to 11.7
now it can see whatever amount of them because they are only 0.7 not 1.0 br higher than f5c
so now you can find yourself in a lobby full of mig23 in a f5c that has no chance where previously it was like max 3 per battle

Oh goodie the 3rd thread on this today…

Everyone else was moved up. Why do people not get this?

9 Likes

11.0 F-5C has faced the same F-4J/S it faced before it went up with the rest of the powerful vehicles from the recent decompression.

2 Likes

how can you people be so blind to see f5c is now at the same br f5e is
f5c now faces much more MIG23ML, su25t su39, tornados because they went up only 11.3 → 11.7 not 12.0
f5c went 10.3 → 11.0
f5e went 10.7 → 11.0
f4c went 10.0 → 10.7
dont you see this absurd of f5c and f4c going 0.7 up where they are outmatched?
mig23’s eat f5c for breakfast and tornados are annoying aim9l slingers and su39 with its r73’s
previously f5c would only see them in a full uptier meaning only a few per battle
now f5c can be put in a match where enemy team has 12 mig23’s with no chance of survival

Are you fr struggling against these aircraft bro 💀

3 Likes

and now that it has moved up 9.3/9.7s no longer suffer having to try and fight the F-5C 24/7 and thus are now actually playable.

struggling? no
but they are annoying to play against sometimes when a r73 comes against you in every match and aim9l from something that is actually fast and not a flying brick like a10

9.7 didnt have it that bad against f5c
if f5c was moved to 10.7 then 9.7 would see it only in a full uptier meaning there wouldnt be that many f5c’s in a match to make their life miserable

R-73 I can understand if you get it in rear/ back half or don’t see it, but that’s more of a positioning issue than anything else.

Aim-9L has some downright horrendous flare resistance, one MAYBE 2 flare taps and it will go to the next country over

The missile platforms are horrible too, keep in mind you have one of the best dogfighters in war thunder rn.

Yep sure, when the F-4J UK goes back down to 11.3, when the Gripen goes back down to 12.7 because hey that’s what BR they were when I brought them right? You must cater to my demands because I am a paying player. /s

4 Likes

no one is asking for f5c to go back where it was
it should go up just not 2 steps up to be the same br as F5E which is superior in every possible way and to get worse mm (not to mention F5A which is even worse than F5C and also got moved up to 11.0 lmao)
f5c should be 10.7 which would give it the perfect balance between uptiers and downtiers
also f4c got moved up to 10.7 from 10.0
2 steps up for a plane that was already struggling when it was 10.0 like bruh how do you justify this

IMG_9996

Really not hard to understand.

11 Likes

another one that doesnt understand f5c went up too much and not like the others in decompression, mm isnt the same

Yeah you’re totally right, it sucks not being able to completely club flareless subsonics without missiles! The uptiers are literally the same but I wanna club 9.Xs! I can’t believe I sometimes have to actually compete against planes that are somewhat equal! /s

9 Likes

They arent. F5C gets clapped by mig23 every round
Most planes at 9.7 have flares, and those who dont, like mig21s are immune to f5c besides it would be a full uptier for them so max what, 3 f5c per match?
If you cant see the issue with f5c going to 11.0 with f5e and not to 10.7 you have a brainrot lol

Dude, lil history lesson here. The F-5 was one of the last jets designed explicitly for Gunfighting. Missiles on it were an afterthought. There’s no reason you can’t fight MiG-23s, if they fire a radar missile, multipath or notch it with chaff. If they fire an IR missile then flare it. Force a dogfight and kill them that way.

Decompress to 14.0 and move F-5E to 11.3

7 Likes