Force cockpit view for CAS in GRB

But it can’t be fixed.

I disagree.

Then show me how could it be balanced!

I’ve offered a multitude of suggestions, this thread is one of them.

Nothing can be fixed overnight, Gaijin needs to take the issue seriously and make consistent changes to fix the game.

1 Like

Could you please link a few of them?

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/maps-have-no-room-to-move-as-an-spaa/50732

Also I had a thread advocating for CAS SP cost to be tripled but it appears to have been removed at some point.

2 Likes

Okay, i will check them out.

For me, I am in favor of cockpit only for anything but Arcade. All this window RWR, RDR and other info should go away. Thats immersion breaking.

So? The only mode that is built for immersion is SB.

RB is just AB with a different spawn system, less markers and less wonky physics.

2 Likes

SPAA is already broken in GRB… if the AA wont get you a s238 will i cant even use my a10 without it getting insta killed lol

What is shooting down your 300+ flare A10 at 10.0 / 10.3?

The 2S38 certainly isn’t unless you’re flying within 2 KM, ignoring that the vehicle is undertiered.

Fella, the 2S38 can reach well out to 5km and touch an aircraft. You’re lacking on your awareness of what that vehicle can do.

1 Like

The only possible way the 2S38 is doing that is if you’re flying a complete straight line for a solid 8 seconds.

You shouldn’t be doing that ever as a CAS aircraft unless you want to die. You should also be well out of its range even more than 5KM. The 2S38 doesn’t have radar it shouldn’t be finding you easily.

If you want to argue the 2S38 should have its BR raised to 11.7 then we’re in agreement. You shouldn’t use it as an example of “SPAA effectiveness”.

If ARB would get rid of the markes and provide more then the classic clash in the middle furball … I would play it. And after 2 weeks in the air in GRB my viewpoint shifted. Planes are the best counter to other planes. Besides that I don’t think cockpit would make such a big difference. The good pilots will adapt fast.

You don’t need radar to find targets 5-7km out - Your eyeballs work just fine. Shooting an aircraft down is a different matter, but the 2S38 can accomplish it just fine - especially since there’s no tracers or other signs that tell you it’s engaging you if it’s not using tracking radar.

As for the 2S38 going to 11.7? Absolutely. However, discussing it further takes us off topic so I’ll end this sidebar here.

I would love that. Actually having to keep your eyes open and properly spotting enemies instead of just chasing the red markers all around you.

1 Like

I never understood why ARB has those markes and GRB not. I mean I know why GRB don’t have them!

It is certainly not the only change that is necessary to balance CAS but it’s an immediate change which would help reduce the effectiveness of CAS now. Something must be done.

General advice for how to play CAS more effectively - Don’t just go in a straight line towards the battlefield otherwise SPAA will know where you are.

You have a 360 degree field of movement discounting the enemy airfield which has SPAA that will damage you. Use it and abuse it.

1 Like

I mean if you play Ground RB it is logical that not only the tanks, but also the planes have no markers. This in order to give the guys in SPAAGs a challenge and acknowledging that (at least in theory) only a few planes should be airborne.

Air RB is basically Air AB with more realistic flight models and is at least in theory more demanding. It is a large difference to keep situational awareness in 3 dimensional environment vs a 2 D game play in ground warfare - and there are no rocks to play hide and seek with other tanks as your enemy get spotted at various ranges on your crew skills. No room for positional mistakes, no place to hide.

Even admitting that i played IL-2 years ago without markers in FR - the combat scenarios of Air RB in props are based on positional / energy advantage and situational advantage, the markers are not only convenient, they also give a clear indicators who is a threat in the short and in the long term view.

The fact that most new prop players somehow just play point and click with their mouse towards enemy markers (and prefer to die / trade in a full committed headon) and see tail chasing of higher flying bombers (inside the gun range of defensive gunners, but outside their own gun range) as preferred way to spend their time in Air RB matches, does not mean that all pilots play like that.

So in theory it looks harder to play without markers, but the lack of multiple threats at the same time as (at least in theory) the majority of your team and the enemy team plays tanks and the rather low skill floor of fighting tankers in planes makes fighting enemy air/CAS/CAP even easier than in Air RB with markers.

The vids of @ULQ_LOVER proved that the overwhelming majority of his air kills were based on lack of situational awareness due to missing A2A markers. So based on his vids A2A markers would be a benefit for rather inexperienced pilots unable or unfamiliar with “dot spotting”.

1 Like