Italy needs more "Dive-bombers", "Bombers" and "Strike aircraft"

It seems to me that it is since the end of 2019 that in Italy the developers have not added vehicles from “Dive-bombers”, “Bombers” and “Strike Aircraft”, the P-47-30 does not count because it is a “fighter”.
It is said that Italy does not have any decent propeller-driven planes that can be added to the game as ‘Dive-bombers’, ‘Bombers’ and ‘Strike Aircraft’, which is why the technology tree of Italian aircraft is so small, but actually Italy has several good unique propeller planes that can be added into the tree with the task of being ‘Dive-bombers’, ‘Bombers’ and ‘Strike Aircraft’, which is why I propose adding these unique vehicles to increase the number of propeller planes with the task of being ‘Dive-bombers’, ‘Bombers’ and ‘Strike Aircraft’.

For the “Dive-Bombers” I would say these 4 vehicles would be a great addition:

Rank 1:

1. Breda Ba.201

Rank 2:

1. Caproni Ca.355 “Tuffo”, the diver
  2. Savoia Marchetti SM-86: The screaming dive bomber
  3. Savoia Marchetti SM93: The flying Autobus

While for “Strike aircraft” we have several fun vehicles to add:

Rank 1:

1. Fiat CR25

Rank 2:

1. Fiat-CMASA A.S.14, Assalto Stiavelli
  2. Caproni Ca331C.N
  3. Savoia-Marchetti S.M.89, the the most heavly armed.

And finally for the “Bombers” that could be added:

Rank 1:

1. Caproni Ca.133, lighter.
  2. Piaggio P.16: il peculiare trimotore italiano

Rank 2:

1. Savoi Marchetti SM82
  2. CANT Z1007 Ter Serie XII
  3. CANT Z1018 Leone

Rank 3:

1. Caproni Ca.135 bis, the italian B-26
  2. Caproni Ca.204
  3. Piaggio P133: The last of his kind

Rank 4:

1. Breguet BR1150 Atlantic , The GrandFather
21 Likes

Nice job bro.

3 Likes

Good job, Italy is definitely lacking in the ground attack roles in its air tree. I think that there is definitely room for floatplanes too.

4 Likes

Don’t forget about hydroplanes of which Italy was famous in 30’s

Rank 1:

Rank 2:

Rank 4:

This are most competetive ones

4 Likes

I support this research, especially if Italy has its own vehicles instead of copy paste ones. But regardless, I support any diversity attempt for minor nations.

3 Likes

Italy seems overloaded with small bombers already, so I’d err on the side of caution with adding more bombers. But for lack of attackers and dive bombers I wholly agree.

1 Like

Not exactly compared to the big nations it is not so overloaded with bombers, and anyway most of the bombers are almost copy and paste, you can see that the developers did not feel like modelling a new vehicle, which is why I suggested these unique Italian bombers.

Except the CANT Z1007 Ter Serie XII which I suggested because it was the last and most advanced variant of the Z1007 ever produced and deserves to be in the game as it had more powerful type engines Piaggio P.XIX Turbine with 1,180 hp. Bomb load: 1,000 kg; top speed 490 km/h.

And Italy also deserves to have its own seaplanes that are unique and not copy and paste, plus they would be a welcome addition to the Italian tree.

5 Likes

I like small bombers, don’t get me wrong, man. But this game has no real place where they fit well.

In Air RB its a fighter madhouse. In Air AB its just a turkey shoot. In Air SB all bombers are reviled like they’re hellspawn. In Combined Ground & Combined Naval you’re better off using a fighter-bomber which can defend itself and/or dodge overly accurate AI gunners on player ships.

1 Like

Flying Boats, Hell Yeah!

3 Likes

And I’m still suggesting more of it!

Yes, I want my porco rosso planes!

1 Like