Breda Ba.201

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Breda Ba. 201

History and description:

• It was a dive bomber, developed by the Italian company Società Italiana Ernesto Breda, in 1940. In 1939 the Italian Air Force requested a dive bomber, single engine, low wing monoplane.
    Breda, who at the time had studied the Stuka bomber, participates in the tender. The BA. 201 was a simple but modern looking project, it was built entirely of metal, with a thin fuselage with metal tubes and duralumin panels, the low wing was equipped with aerodynamic brakes and resumed the inverted gullwing configuration, it incorporated fully inward retractable landing gear. The undercarriage was equipped with a partially enclosed rear wheel. The engine was equipped with a DB 601, built under license by Alfa Romeo, combined with a triple metal propeller. There were two prototype aircraft with a different configuration of where the bombs were, one inside a compartment in the fuselage, one externally. Only two specimens were made, but the first was destroyed during the testing, the second passed the testing and impressed the aeronautics favorably, but the project was abandoned because the few available engines had to go to fighters, in the end lost track of the plane.

General characteristics:

• Aircraft structure
    • Length: 11,13 m
    • Wingspan: 13 m
    • Height: 3,10 m
    • Empty weight: 2380 kg
    • Fully loaded weight: 3900 kg
  • Propulsion:
    • Engine and Power: Daimler-Benz DB 601 [1175 hp (864 kW)]
  • Performance:
    • Max speed: 460 km/h
    • Autonomy: 1200 km
    • Maximum odds: 8 000
  • Armament:
    • 2x Breda Safat 12.7mm machine guns
    • 1 Bomb of 500 kg

Why should it be in the game:

• Italy is in great need of dive bombers, this aircraft would be a great help for achievements, such as medals. It would allow for a far better aircraft than its predecessors, not that it would take much. It would also open the door to a more risky playstyle than the German bomber, given its better characteristics.
Photos, drawings and more

Breda Ba.201 [Prototipo de Bombardero en picado] - La Segunda Guerra Mundial

Sources

Breda Ba.201 - Wikipedia
Breda Ba.201 - Wikipedia
Breda Ba.201 - Wikiwand
Breda Ba.201 - Velivoli Storici - Aerei Militari Forum
Daniele Lembo, I tuffatori della Regia Aeronautica (Aerei nella Storia n.8), Parma, Delta Editrice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSdFDyek4Iw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mcs9xHGRmw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN59X75PVa8
Breda 201
BA201 - WAR THUNDER ITALIAN TECH TREE

• P.S. If anyone has documents or photos, don’t mind passing them on to me, so I can add them to the suggestion (so I can enrich the post, I’ll tag you if I can).
8 Likes

A lot ugly but I like this plane. +1

2 Likes

+1, should’ve been added a long time ago, i could see its br being in the 1.7-2,3 range

4 Likes

Always +1 for more Italian ww2 aircraft

4 Likes

@angelomorte ecco, ora sei contento?
Per il Re. 2006, mi è stato rifiutato perchè non ci sono abbastanza informazioni

1 Like

Ennesima prova che Gaijin non sa fare il suo lavoro…

1 Like

Lo hanno rifiutato pure a me, ragione mancanza di foto

3 Likes

Regio, puoi anche mettergli una foto presa da siti di contrabbando, te la negheranno comunque.

1 Like

Cerca su google Palmaria war thunder old forum, ho fatto lo stesso identico post, rifiutato.
Per non parlare del Draco, fai la stessa identica ricerca, chi fa il suggerimento e si sorbe le stronzate dei mod?

1 Like

A me hanno cancellato le suggestions sui due mezzi (dovevano essere approvate), senza dirmi nulla.

1 Like

Amico, no. Quanto informazione ha la r2y2? Ho ri production? Bf109z e potrei ricordarti che non ha mai volato?

2 Likes

Che ci vuoi fare, non avremo il Re.2006 fino a prova contraria, io sto cercando nelle biblioteca alcune informazioni, ma fino ad allora se avete dei suggerimenti belli corposi vorrei aiutarvi dandovi tutto quello che so

2 Likes

Ho 8 suggestions in attesa. Speriamo in Dio.

3 Likes

+1 very beautiful plane, its a must

4 Likes

Italian Stuka! +1

2 Likes

Italy needs more dive bombers

2 Likes

Photo of Ba.201 model in aerodynamic tunnel:
Screenshot_20240714-221719~2
This was first Italian aircraft that goes thought complex aerodynamic testing. Here show with fully open butterfly Airbakes, which were also tested on Ba.65:

Photo of early concept mock-ups:

3 Likes

Few additional information:

• Design incorporated automatic leading edge flaps(marked red):
    7cab2f16db98c2b03bdffcce694423f1a075c7c6~2

• Fuel tank was placed behind armoured cockpit and hold 650 liters

• 350 bullets per gun

• without payload test pilot was able to hold in dogfight against C.200 and C.202

• was tested with 4 engines:
    Isotta-Fraschini L.121 RC 40 (960hp)
    DB 601 (1175hp)
    Isotta-Fraschini Zeta (1125hp)
    Fiat A38 RC.15-45 (1200hp)

3 Likes