Rework of Air Sim "Surveillance Aircraft" objective

Air simulation battles has long had the same handful of objectives for players to partake in beyond being an EC team deathmatch. These objectives are paramount for a team to have a good chance of winning the battle, but have many glaring issues that are overdue for being corrected.

1. Objectives have no real impact on the general game-state beyond tickets.

2. Objectives barely interact with the players, and do so in questionable ways when they do.

3. Objectives are not roughly period appropriate in the vehicles involved.

4. Objectives are often poorly optimized

My suggestion is a general rework of objectives, with an emphasis on the top BR brackets (12.0+). With this, I will be making a series of suggestions, which I will link to be accessed easily.

“Surveillance aircraft” objective could be reworked into 2 objectives:

1. A high altitude (10000m+) recon aircraft much like the one currently seen in-game, but using a UAV model such as the RQ-4 Global Hawk for BLUFOR teams and a WZ-7 Soaring Dragon for REDFOR teams.
RQ-4 Global Hawk:

WZ-7 Soaring Dragon

1. A high altitude AWACS flying a “racetrack” pattern deep in friendly territory. This aircraft could be made to spot enemy aircrafts on the minimap within a certain range of itself, which would add a certain layer of prevention from airfield campers hiding behind terrain near airfields, and could later be used to provide datalink targets for friendly aircrafts. For which aircrafts to use, the Boeing E-3 sentry for BLUFOR and either Beryev A-50 or KJ-2000 for REDFOR.
E-3 Sentry:

A-50 "Mainstay":

KJ-2000 "Mainring":

In both cases, the aircrafts used would better match player aircrafts, and would be at an altitude which would more sense for an asset of their category.

Would you like to see these proposed changes to the “Surveillance Aircraft” objective?
  • Yes!!!
  • No…
0 voters

Link to sister rework posts:

6 Likes

agree, would be very interesting

1 Like

If nothing else please stop making the recon subsonics go mach 2.5 please no one can catch up to them

I personally would prefer if it was in friendly territory (unless that’s what you mean), and it can “datalink” to friendlies about enemy’s position on the map should it be visible to radar. Additionally, this could mean that should maps be made in this manner, an pilot can use terrain masking (eg. mountains) to hide from enemy AWACS and thus also simultaneously hide from players

2 Likes

Yeah my mistake on the AWACS location, I’ve corrected it!

1 Like

This is a really good way to give an advantage to the team that is already winning the game.

3 Likes

Thank you for making all of these sim improvement suggestions! We haven’t even had a new map in like 2 years, EC definitely needs a facelift

1 Like

New maps are sorely needed, particularly when at high tiers, theres only 6 viable maps (Afghanistan, Spain, Vietnam, Rocky Canyon, Denmark, Sinai), and of those, only the first 3 are any good.

Its pretty sad we havent gotten anything new in years, Ibwas personally hoping for hidden valley to come to sim as well, though I’m not dure how big it is, seeing as once I found out it wasnt coming to sim, I just didnt bother looking into it more…

Really good addition! +1

1 Like

My favourite map that I would like to see in sim is definitely Pyrenees

1 Like

Id love Pyranese, but itd need to be increased in size. I had long ago made a suggestion to rework 4 maps (Guana Highlands, PHB, Mountain Ridge, and Alpine meadows) into EC maps, but the change to the new forums killed the suggestion, and i was given a lot of grief trying to remake the suggestion on the new forums. I might give it a shot anyways tho.

Pyrenees is actually 128x128km afaik. And yeah most of the sim community is pretty disheveled from being ignored for the past 2 years, nice to see something new posted at least

2 Likes