Rework of the "Attacker" objective in Air Sim

Air simulation battles has long had the same handful of objectives for players to partake in beyond being an EC team deathmatch. These objectives are paramount for a team to have a good chance of winning the battle, but have many glaring issues that are overdue for being corrected.

1. Objectives have no real impact on the general game-state beyond tickets.

2. Objectives barely interact with the players, and do so in questionable ways when they do.

3. Objectives are not roughly period appropriate in the vehicles involved.

4. Objectives are often poorly optimized

My suggestion is a general rework of objectives, with an emphasis on the top BR brackets (12.0+). With this, I will be making a series of suggestions, which I will link to be accessed easily.

“Attacker” objectives should be replaced by low altitude aircrafts, either fixed wing such as the A-10 Warthog and Su-25 “Frogfoot”, or rotor-winged such as the AH-64 Apache and Ka-52 “Alligator” or Z-10 “Fierce Thunderbolt” that, much like the reworked “Bombers” from my other suggestion, would attack ground objectives, but would target vehicle based ones, such as the “Convoy” objectives or “Battle” objectives.

Fixed winged attackers

A-10 Thunderbolt II:

Su-25 “Frogfoot”:

Rotor Winged attackers:

AH-64 Apache:

Ka-52 Alligator:

Z-10 Fierce Thunderbolt:

Would you like to see the proposed changes to the “Attacker” objective implemented in-game?
  • Yes!!!
  • No…
0 voters

Link to sister rework posts:

4 Likes