Rework of the "Bombing Target" objectives in Air SB

Air simulation battles has long had the same handful of objectives for players to partake in beyond being an EC team deathmatch. These objectives are paramount for a team to have a good chance of winning the battle, but have many glaring issues that are overdue for being corrected.

1. Objectives have no real impact on the general game-state beyond tickets.
  2. Objectives barely interact with the players, and do so in questionable ways when they do.
  3. Objectives are not roughly period appropriate in the vehicles involved.
  4. Objectives are often poorly optimized

My suggestion is a general rework of objectives, with an emphasis on the top BR brackets (12.0+). With this, I will be making a series of suggestions, which I will link to be accessed easily.

“Bombing Targets” should be replaced with some tactical objectives such as:

1. GBAD batteries. I’m partial to a site with some Pantsir systems personally, but I do understand this might be “too strong” for some players which might prefer stuff like the airfield Roland + Sgt York/Gepard setup.

2. Ground based radar providing similar enemy target spotting and later datalink support within a certain area.

3. Forward airfields, which would allow players shorter turn around times instead of flying all the way back to the main airfields, but at the risk of being less protected and possibility of the airfield being destroyed.

4. Bridges (on maps with waterways convoys have to cross). The convoys themselves could “repair” the bridges when they get to them, but would require a delay in which they’d be stationary.

In all 4 cases, the “bombing target” would now make more sense as battlefield objectives, but also interact with players or the game state, with GBAD sites providing AA for one team within a radius of itself, ground based radar providing intel, forward airbases providing shorter aircraft turn around times, and bridges increasing the ease of killing “Convoy” objectives, all of which could be destroyed to deny the enemy team said advantage for a temporary period of time.

This suggestion in particular is somewhat similar to other gameplay suggestions, most notably this one:

But differs in that I’m suggesting the existing “Bombing targets” be replaced with GBAD sites and ground based radars (among other tactical objectives) instead of creating a new set of objective.

Would you like to see the proposed changes to the “Bombing Target” objective implemented in-game?
  • Yes!!!
  • No…
0 voters

Link to sister rework posts:

4 Likes

Oooh. Yes, these would be fun. Especially if combined with overhauled target selection

2 Likes