General Japanese Naval Forces Discussion HQ

Perhaps the most vaunted establishment of the Japanese Armed Forces is its Navy. The modern-day JMSDF has a rich and illustrious history and is ranked amongst the best in the world. However, it would be difficult to separate its history and collective expertise from its predecessor, the Imperial Japanese Navy. Like its modern-day counterpart, the IJN was also a force to be reckoned with, easily competing with other great powers of the time. Thus, I would like to create this topic to consolidate all research, suggestions, and discussion in a single thread.

In this thread you may:

-Ask the community for anything regarding Japanese naval forces.

-Ask the community to help with your document report on Japanese naval forces.

-Post unique/rare/unseen/cool photographs related to Japanese warships

-Post documents/books/magazines and/or blueprints related to Japanese warships.

-Share documentation on the machinery, armaments, and systems of Japanese warships

-Feel free to share your knowledge concerning the warships of Japan.

-If you think you find a bug that is not historically correct, consult those in this thread!

Thread inspired by @_N4MELESS post on Japanese Ground Forces

Related Links
11 Likes

Nice we didnt have one of these back in the old forum…ive been doing research on JMSDF vessels recently one of my future suggestions will be on the JDS Akizuki (1959) if no one gets to it yet…any help with the history and or extra info is helpful

4 Likes

Honestly I’m just excited for the JDS Amatsukaze, whenever that comes. It’ll be a fun ship, I think.

Yeah Amatsukaze, Haruna class and maybe Shirane class are the 3 that could be added soon for Japan

Yeah that’s on the old forum though. we are allowed to remake old suggestions as long as we don’t 1:1 copy

1 Like

Oh cool, wasn’t aware of that!

Lots of older MSDF destroyers appeared in this movie.

2 Likes

20230831_032110

Unmanned submarine with offensive capabilities research ongoing

3 Likes

FFM Mogami (Source: https://www.mod.go.jp/msdf/equipment/ships/ffm/mogami/)

3 Likes

b3rezgtffz1a1

1 Like

ONMITSU – Samurai’s Stealth - ; Integrated Mast UNICORN on 30FFM (youtube.com)

English subtitles are available, info on the integrated mast.

also video on the new ffm

2 Likes

Someday we’ll be shooting railguns
https://twitter.com/atla_kouhou_jp/status/1714204056087126105

2 Likes

2 Likes

The Akizuki are so sexy

1 Like

Can we discuss unconstructed ship here?
I think 49DDK will be a good choice for first Japanese ship equipped with SAM.

1 Like

49ddk-1
49ddk-3
The DDk49 was not actually built due to the 4th Middle East war that occurred in the Middle East, so it is unlikely that you will see it in the game.

1 Like

If it was possible would you guys have want to see B-65 Cruiser? AKA basically Japanese Alaska

6 Likes

This is actually my most favorite paper design, but unfortunately, as it was never built, it won’t appear in the game. And I’m not sure if it should, the Kronstadt already has the problem of it overperforming way more than it should (large empty spaces), and it was laid down

1 Like

not only paper plan, the basic problem is it’s gun never built and it’s caliber was original so nothing to be used as reference

1 Like