FK-1000 - The chinese equivalent of the Pantsir

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Good day lads, Im about to suggest one of Chinas options of having a new, better, Pantsir-equivalent Anti Air for top tier, the FK-1000.

fk1000

Description:

Spoiler

The FK-1000 is a Chinese anti aircraft system. It’s equipped with 2 PG85 23mm anti aircraft guns and 12 KS-1000 surface-to-air missiles, with six missiles on each side of the turret. The system uses a phased array guidance radar, similar to the Russian 9K330 Tor system, allowing it to track and engage multiple targets simultaneously. The KS-1000 missiles are two-stage solid-propellant surface-to-air missiles with a range of 1.2 to 22 km and can engage targets at altitudes from 50 m to 10 km. The FK-1000 was unveiled at the 10th China International Aerospace Expo and is considered equivalent to the Russian made Pantsir anti air system. It represents a significant achievement in China’s development of modern military technology.

History:

Spoiler

The FK-1000 surface-to-air missile weapon system was first unveiled in the exhibition area of China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation at the 10th China International Aerospace Expo, which took place from November 11 to 16 2014. The system was showcased as a combined missile and artillery air defense weapon system, featuring a 6x6 Transporter Erector Launcher (TEL) equipped with 2 23mm anti-aircraft guns and 12 missiles.

FK-1000 Model

In 2012, a scale model of the vehicle had been presented at the same airshow.

The FK-1000 was again presented at the Zhuhai Air Show China in 2016. During this event, China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC) unveiled an updated version of the FK-1000.
(First image at the start of the post is the 2016 FK-1000!)

It’s worth noting that the FK-1000 has similarities with the Russian made Pantsir S-1. However, there are still differences between the two systems, with the FK-1000 using a new type of phased array guidance radar, similar to the radar of the Russian 9K330 Tor system.

As of now, it’s unclear how the FK-1000 system will be equipped in the Chinese army in the future.

Armaments:

Spoiler

2 PG85 23mm anti air guns

12 KS-1000 anti air missiles with a 22km range up to 10km altitude (note that it looks similar to the missiles of the Pantsir)

PG85 next to KS-1000

KS-1000

KS-1000

Mobility:

Spoiler

The FK-1000 is using the Wanshan 2400 to carry the weapon system, which has 517HP, weighs 19 tons with a 22 ton carrying capability, aswell as a Length of 11.44 meters, a Width of 3.05 meters and a Height of 2.97 meters, from what i can see, it might be capable of carrying around 8 crewmembers.

Radar:

Spoiler

Phased array guidance radar (AESA)

Tracking radar with K-Band

Optoelectronical tracking (like IR tracking)

Sources:

Spoiler

https://www.armyrecognition.com/airshow_china_2016_online_show_daily_news_coverage/casic_unveils_its_new_fk-1000_short/medium_range_air_defense_system_at_airshow_china_2016_10511162.html

https://www.armyrecognition.com/airshow_china_2012_news_coverage_pictures_video/casic_launches_new_short-to-medium_range_air_defense_system_fk-1000_at_airshow_china_2012_1511122.html

Chinese FK-1000 Short To Medium Range Air Defense System | Chinese Military Review

- Russia Defence Forum

中国推出新型FK1000防空系统 价格仅为俄军一半 - 中国军网

Wanshan WS2400 Special Wheeled Chassis | MilitaryToday.com

Thanks a lot for reading! I can’t find a lot of info for the KS-1000 and its manouverbility, so any info would be much appreciated!

11 Likes

I ain’t reading all that, +1 tho cus more stuff for China

Now make the FK-2000

Edit: sorry, meant to say “Agree!”

6 Likes

FK-2000 already was suggested, if it wasnt i wouldve done it long ago :)

3 Likes

i need a replacment for Tor

7 Likes

Agree!

2 Likes

I mean, its their fault not having an equivalent to the pantsir i guess, i just suggested this because its the closest thing china has

4 Likes

i mean hey, you can leave a -1, this is a suggestion for the future, doesnt mean it should be added now, but aight

8 Likes

its only fair that other nations get equivalent SPAA if possible. its not fair to hold China back just because Russia has something strong and western nations don’t, that logic makes zero sense, especially when you consider how the in game match maker works.

8 Likes

+1, the Chinese could use something like this.

4 Likes

I need this, but I don’t know if WT has AESA?

2 Likes

no, the closest thing is PESA, which pantsir has, however the FK-1000 should be added later on in the game, because the radar is quite strong because of that

1 Like

Yess1r, +1 for me (I’m bias)

2 Likes

China should have gotten the HQ-17 instead of the Tor, so I support any top-tier domestic SPAA. +1

2 Likes

i agree, they shouldve!

2 Likes

Definitely needed. No SPAA in game is capable of dealing with OP CAS as is. Need to threaten CAS again.

2 Likes

+1
Now waiting someone to submit suggestion for FK-3000

4 Likes

id would do that, however if im not mistaken, its meant for drones

It’s more optimized for anti-UAV but it can almost certainly still engage traditional air targets.

2 Likes

eh ill see, i have 1-2 more chinese anti air suggestions in mind :)

1 Like

I assume would be 12.0 BR after Tor-M1 at rank VIII

1 Like