Finnish T-72/T-55 Variants for Swedish Tree

This is from my old post in the old forum but I have added T-55s too.

Finland has operated multiple T-72 variants, however mainly the T-72M1, T-72M1K and T-72M1K1 tanks.

Also ontop of those there have been many variants, example.

I have made the variants id like to see ingame in bold.

-1 variant with Diehl rubber tracks,

-1 with a Russian V-84-1 840hp engine with the exhaust modified to go backwards (i.e. from the rear and away from the tank),

-1 with a Polish S12-U 840hp engine

-1 with a Finnish Wärtsilä 1000hp engine and French RENK AG ESM 350 transmission, for 8 forward gears and 3 reverse gears. Allowing speeds >20 kmh in reverse for example, also capable of neutral steering.

-at least 1 with FINMOD 1 modifications i.e. new FCS like in the Finnish upgrade of the T-55M, new ammunition (Penetration between DM33 and DM53), and thermals

-1 FINMOD 2 modification i.e. everything from first one, same from earlier upgrade but with ERA, warning syste, slightly upgraded armour and weaponry.

And those are the currently known off Finnish T-72 variants.

Video of the T-72 FINMOD 2 prototype

Finnish T-72M1 Equipped with a Finnish 1000hp Wärtsilä engine and French RENK AG ESM 350 transmission.

Finnish T-55 with Polish AM armour.

Finnish T-55M with apparently German AMAP armour package, tank nicknamed Dolly Parton.

Sources:

Panssarikilta magazine about the T-72 in Finland, I have the pictures of that magazine available

https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/t72tank.htm

https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUa_WBQaJNc

Suomalaiset panssarivaunut 1918-1997 : The Finnish armoured vehicles 1918-1997

Olli Diehl - The man who made the presentation of the T-72 FINMOD program, some parts of it is classified and are not shown here.

Patria - Company that was to upgrade the tanks to the FINMOD standard

https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3LXoG3BWyI

1 Like

Open your eyes,

Is like all the good Swedish vehicles already have in the ground tech tree isn’t enough and you want even more, not that all but copy & pasted.

T-55M isnt copy paste tank.
Also the FINMOD series and RENK/Wärstilä T-72´s also arent copy paste, they are major modifications of T-72.
You can go flame soviet union for selling tanks and planes to Finland, dont bother complaining to me.

3 Likes

Except by the M1000A1 and laser rangefinder, what is the practical difference between it from T-55A? While in practical there’s a difference between T-55M and AM because the add-on armor, technically there’s a huge difference, obviously.

So you could suggest the better one? Like the 1000Hp modification in a full suggestion post.

I’m not blaming USSR because it doesn’t even exist anymore but you for creating this topic, if you don’t want criticism then don’t create a post.

I’m not blaming USSR because it doesn’t even exist anymore but you for creating this topic, if you don’t want criticism then don’t create a post.

Where did I say you could not criticize this post? All I meant I dont really care about your criticism/will fall to deaf ears.

So you could suggest the better one? Like the 1000Hp modification in a full suggestion post.

I mean the whole point of this post is to enlighten people regarding the variants, not interested in making anymore suggestions compared to the litany I already have made.

Except by the M1000A1 and laser rangefinder, what is the practical difference between it from T-55A? While in practical there’s a difference between T-55M and AM because the add-on armor, technically there’s a huge difference, obviously.

Thats why I am displaying these variants, so it will enlighten gaijin to the multitude of variants instead of adding lazy copypaste vehicles which they probably will just do anyway.

2 Likes

Then it’s is from my part, misunderstood.

You got plenty of sources why don’t you create a suggestion post?

There’s nothing mentioning a FINMOD for T-72. Unless it’s on another name.

1 Like

I have bunch of suggestion in the old forum but just got tired of making em. Many of them are now in game, but too many have been accepted than few months after just no reason removed from forums by gaijin.
Like my suggestion on multiple Finnish ships and also the German Focke-Wulf Flitzer suggestion, which gained quite of bit of popularity and than just removed by gaijin no reason given, spent quite a bit of time researching it. Got really burnt out, especially with the new forum throwing suggestion out of whack.

OMFG, You could not have timed that better!

If you want help making a suggestion page to replace the T-72M1 with it, I’ll gladly help 😃

Just recently made a post about replacing it and adding the T-72A under the Swedish part of the tree, as they used it. Quite literally perfect timing, because I couldn’t find anything on the Fin modified T-72M1K1, I knew most of this, but also heard it got thermals, better LRF, and a better FCS. Oh, as well as armor.

2 Likes

OH NO, MY SOVIET TECH WAS MODIFIED TO BE BETTER, AND ITS GOING TO GO TO ANOTHER TT AND NOT GLORIOUS USSR, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!?!

Why, why are people like this?

It’s WAY better than C&P since people find this to be a massive issue…

Edit: it’s not copy and paste when it’s a domestic production.

3 Likes

😂

That thread was the first thing I thought of

Look the message again, I never mentioned that I don’t wanted modified soviet vehicles in another tech tree.

Isn’t obvious the blatant good vehicles that Sweden have in most BRs? Or all Sweden main are blind about this specific topic, because seems true since a guy I know said he prefer VIDAR at 7.7.

Except the T-72 FINMOD, on T-55M what’s the practical difference between it and T-55A? Except by M1000A1 and laser rangefinder.

My guy this is a post about cool vehicles, not a single OP premium or some ridiculous claim of bias.

YES!! Give me the country queen in game please!!

Yes, the best thing the French gave us, besides baguettes and croissants, a transmission to run away from the battle 😂

Awesome

Hmm cool

Read the message again.

Was I replying to the topic that the OP opened or a reply to the topic? Can you answer me that? Or is this impossible?

Yes? You may not make your point obvious, but from previous posts, it’s pretty clear what tech tree your allegiance is to…

You never played against old Sweden, did you?

That’s enough for it to not only be a domestic modification, but also be a different vehicle than the T-55A because of its changes to be able to use that (I.e. FCS, optics, and breech firing mechanism)

Same to you, It’s clear what tech tree your allegiance is to.

Yeah, but I don’t complain when my vehicles that are blantantly OP are getting nerfed. Cough cough 2s38 nerf

1 Like

Since when Swedish vehicles got nerfed? Oh like Strv 103C moved from 7.7 to 8.7? Big changes.

You never played against old Sweden, did you?

Depends how old, before Air Superiority? Just before this Update, Sweden was kinda uncommon in top tier battles.

That’s enough for it to not only be a domestic modification, but also be a different vehicle than the T-55A because of its changes to be able to use that (I.e. FCS, optics, and breech firing mechanism)

And again I ask for reading that again, what’s the practical difference, not technical.

Oh, oh no, I’m talking 2-4 years ago.

I don’t think you know the definition of practical.

It’s practically not a T-55A, because it’s better than the T-55A, to practically do better in combat…

1. of or concerned with the actual doing or use of something rather than with theory of ideas.

This can be applied to what I said, what’s the practical difference between T-55A and T-55M? Except by M1000A1 and laser rangefinder.

There’s no add-on armor which is found in T-55AM-1 or active protection system which is found in T-55AMD-1

In technical terms obviously there’s difference as I recognized earlier, but in game, what’s the difference from the T-55A’s FCS and T-55M’s FCS? In-game the breech model and cannon is the same, the optic values is the same except the optic model.

It’s practically a T-55A except by M1000A1 and laser rangefinder, reloading rate is the same, vertical and horizontal drive is slightly slower on T-55A on Stock values.