What Vehicles are Sweden in most need of ”the wishlist”

Id like for gaijn to focus on what adds to the existing br lineups as around 4.0 you’re stuck with really mid TD’s so having kv-1’s that wouodnt be 4.7 would be nice. 4.3 is already a stretxh as it doesnt have much of a lineup which is why im wanting the B model besides it definitely should be 4.3 but gaijin doesnt think so.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the Oerlikon source that I mentioned. It’s no more German than it is Swiss

I may have put it already, but there’s an extra there now.

BMP-2MD (Fin)

(should have been added with Fire&Ice)
T-72FINMOD (Fin)

(Also should have taken the form of what is currently the T-72M1)
To fill the gap of the T-72M1 (Fin), the T-72A/M1 (SWE)

1 Like

That’s not the real FINMOD. The vehicle pictured is a T-72M1s vismodded to look like a T-72B for use in Finnish training material. That’s also why it looks kinda shoddy and the “ERA” covers the smoke launchers in such a weird way. As for the real FINMOD, there were only a few testbeds, one testing a V-84-1 engine and another with rubber tracks. Basically, FINMOD in-game would just be a T-72M1 with a T-72B engine

All the Swedish trial T-72s were T-72M1s afaik. I can see it being added but I’d be sceptical of it as anything other than a premium/event vehicle

Even though it is not needed, the finnish tested MiG-29 with R-13M1 could be our 12.0 prem (though i honestly hope it either is squad, TT, or just not added)

(Edit) just saw this was ground and not air lmao

There’s a lot more to it than just that.

I’ve heard it got thermals; an LRF, and newer FCS.

There were rather extensive plans but to my knowledge the only modifications that were actually made to Finnish T-72s for FINMOD were the two testbeds I mentioned. The photo with what looks to be a T-72 with ERA is just a VISMOD

I wasn’t aware of the T-72 with a Wärtsilä engine before, but from my understanding that modification was made by Wärtsilä France as a private venture, not part of the FINMOD project and calling it Finnish is grasping at straws since it’s really a French company under the ownership of a consortium based in Finland

The tank with Wärtsilä V8X engine and RENK transmission was a collaborative effort with French company for eurosatory along with testing systems for FINMODs engine useage on a Finnish T-72M1 tank.

The video/tank in question, is infact associated with FINMOD project. The original video, originates from PVMOODLE.

First FINMOD upgrade stage would not have included much more than new FCS akin to T-55M, thermals and new apfsds.
Second stage would have been the same + era and some sort of threat warning system.

Everything regarding FINMOD modernization was tested, even the stage 3s LWS/RWR systems. However afaik, the stage 3 was never assembled.

What source suggests that the Wärtsilä V8X engine was specifically tested on a Finnish T-72M1 and that the effort was carried out for FINMOD? In the video it’s just mentioned as T-72 and it kinda looks to have Finnish camo in some shots it’s quite hard to tell. I’m sure there was interest in the upgrade effort on behalf of the FINMOD program but how integrated were the efforts really?

What source confirms that these upgrades were actually carried out? From What I’ve read most features were only planned. Only solid evidence I’ve seen are for the V-84-1 engine and rubber tracks

Pvmoodle and olli dahl.

Cant really give anything better as source, I am stil trying to dig up the original presentation file I had long ago.
But Olli Dahl was part of the modernization effort as Lieutenant Colonel

6 Likes

Hey, at least it might be somewhat us-

Oh wait its got low ammo count nvm

1 Like

Whats with gaijin not wanting sweden to have a SPAA with more than the bare minimum amount of ammunition

Idk lmao

The only one that doesnt have this issue before the VEAK is like
The pbv 301

Or the ZSU but thats not really SPAA

1 Like

I mean what bias do they have against the lvkv m/43 its too like the M42 duster?? XD

Literally our only effective SPAA lol.

7 Likes

This is true for the moment tho

Me in my Ikv 103 or any Pvkv can agree

2 Likes

Anyway, What i think we need second to a proper SPAA, a heavy tank. Is the quick:
Pvtgb 1111, Pvtgb 9031 or the missile carrying equivalents. We need fast, small vehicles capable of reaching position quick and having a low profile so they aren’t spotted.

In other words:

XA-185 TOW pls.

tow2.thumb.jpg.99f924f5f94cd6c45172f16294c9935e

8 Likes