Why do CAS players so vocally oppose any suggestions

Ah ye forgot shadows off too

1 Like

So You know more than 99% people talking about graphic settings ;)

There is a pretty simple answer to your question.

Because CAS people think they are good at this game.

1 Like

254 battles in Maus ,destroyed 14 times by tank
210 battles in Ferdinand,destroyed 37 times by tank

hope that answers your question

1 Like

Because CAS is mostly the only satisfaction, relief and accomplishment that you feel in this game that is deliberately designed to frustrate. It is a necessary vent.

2 Likes

I prefer dying to CAS cause im too lazy to actually do anything about it than die to a Jagdtiger which I literally can do nothing about. CAS is the solution to the Jagdtiger.

Tell me please with which tank at 6.7 You really can’t do anything to Jagdtiger?

Or are we talking about using a 5.7 tank vs 6.7 and wanting to do it frontallly?

1 Like

Jumbo, T26E5, T92, M41A1, M46, M109A1, M26, T25, M4/T26.
The only tanks in that list that even stand a chance against Jagdtiger are the M46 (though it’s only about a 50/50 whether the HEATFS will pen) and the M109A1, which required being close enough to actually get a shell under the jagdtiger.

Oh, let us begin:

Jumbo - 5.7 or 6.3 variant are tanks not on 6.7 that should frontally face Jagdtiger. If You are doing it at wanting an equal fight, that is Your problem.

T26E5 - MG port with APHE kills it and APCR can pen it.

T92- HEATFS does the work without any issue

M41A1 - APDS works without any issue. / again not 6.7 tank

M46 - HEATFS works without any issue.

M109A1 - can destroy Jagdtiger with HE without any issue / again not 6.7 tank

M26 - APCR / again not 6.7 tank

T25 - APCR / again not 6.7 tank

M4/T26 - tank on 6.0 against 6.7, shouldn’t be used to frontally fight it.

If tank is on higher B.R. it means that it is somehow stronger than You, and no, HEATFS is not 50/50.

3 Likes

The MG port is a weakspot? I figured volumetric would prevent anything from going through.

You are right about the rest, APCR is underrated sometimes.

Yes, You should know about it. Same goes for panthers.

2 Likes

I never did quite understand the mental link between:

“I can’t frontally penetrate this enemy tank!”

and

“This tank is overpowered!”

The Jagdtiger is one of the most slow and unmaneuverable TDs in the game (only the Ferdinand/Elefant are more so).

Yes, it can delete nearly anything it comes across frontally, and yes it is hard to kill. But it can’t move to reliably bring that firepower to bear. Being frontally hard to kill is literally its only defense. If you let something like that get to a power position on a map knowing full well just how immobile it is, I’m sorry to say that such a situation is your own fault on most maps. Obviously certain maps have power positions right by the spawn which are not your own fault (Ash River and Karelia instantly come to mind), but for most maps these days you can run circles around the poor thing.

Also, M109 can frontally delete it by simply lobbing a round at the superstructure and the splash goes through the hull roof, killing it instantly.

A machine which would actually qualify as “overpowered” in my eyes is one with good to excellent firepower, enough armor to make penning frontally a challenge, AND enough mobility to bring that firepower to bear. The Jumbo 75 at 4.7 long ago, the IS-6 at 7.0 a while ago, those are perfect examples.

3 Likes

lol your “solution” is aim for pancake sized weakspots using ammo with insanely bad post-pen damage against jagdtiger, meanwhile the jagdtiger can just put its crosshair on the COM of all the tanks listed and nuke them from the inside.
The only exception is the M109 which has a larger area it can actually pen . . . if the jagdtiger isn’t behind any small elevations or objects or is on a downhill. Also you do need to aim for turret not COM for M109, but still.

Sorry but if You want to face frontally a tank with higher B.R. which only has good frontal armor then You will have problems with it.

APCR can destroy jagdtiger without any problem and I don’t see the reason why people don’t like it.

3 Likes

Which APCR are we talking? The Super Pershing and M26E1 come to mind for APCR strong enough, but things like 17-pdr APDS and 90mm M304 are iffy at best if the Jagdtiger has even modest distance or angling in his favor. Hell, M304 struggles on the Ferdinand with 50mm less superstructure plate.

Granted, most APCR is underperforming in penetration, and all of it is underperforming in post-penetration (US rounds with their larger tungsten cores especially).

1 Like

I can’t understand how we went from this to:

but whatever. When it comes to M41, APDS is great at destroying vechicles by ammo-racking them.

I have used it and one-shoted many tanks without any issue. You just need to learn the vechicles.

I have faced them on SB many times and one-shoted them almost all the time.

I was using it as a comparison, since Britain has no APCR in their tree besides the LL Sherman.

But when we talk about APCR, we talk about APCR.

Coming back to the discussion, there is no need for air to be able to deal with jagdtiger.

Is there any irony in the possibility “CAS players” are not vocally opposed to a new mode yet some supposed TO advocates appear to vocally oppose Suggestions?

Not always but it goes like this:

Problem with situation of game mode.
Players give advice/suggestions.
Players pushed to formulate a Suggestion.
Advice/suggestions pushed back against(but dismissive too often).
Idea of creating a Suggestion or asking Devs directly (and FYI asking in comment section of a Survey is not the way to do it).
Tumbleweed when it comes to a next step.

Only Devs stop new modes, and those not bothering to ask/engage with Gaijin.

As it seems most CAS players are NOT vocally (or otherwise) opposed to Suggestions (in fact the opposite) then the room is now Yours.

3 Likes

idk what APCR from a 90mm, 76.2mm, or 76.1mm is expected to do about a Jagdtiger. even the M41A1’s APDS isn’t reliable at penning a jagdtiger’s cheeks. In the rare event it does, the damge is near non-existent. Oh, let’s not forget the Jagdtiger can 1-shot pretty much everything America has at 5.7-7.7 with little to no aiming.