Why do CAS players so vocally oppose any suggestions

Makes sense, not many on the forum follow it. I do recommend you try it out to see how it currently is, and you will see the massive difference in performance for LTs or heavies. Personally I recommend playing the shermans and the 6.0 germany lineup, and then testing out some brit and swede LTs.

As a matter of fact, I want to credit the earliest mention of that idea I recall to another user on the old forum buried in the behemoth old TO thread.

I don’t remember his name–but he proposed it long before others did–and so credit where it is due (elsewhere).

Most of the issues with CAS would be eliminated by giving aircraft different BRs for ARB and GRB and then adjusting them by win rate. CAS tends to cause losses in ARB, so win rates and BRs get dragged down, and aircraft end up in BRs where there is no effective ground defense against them.

This is already added into the game.

Thanks random man for linking my post

2 Likes

Or maybe:

Don’t know why it linked your post when I copied the link. You’re welcome I guess.

1 Like

smh

gaijin, just give us tank only option.

We have:

1. Air Battles with only playable planes and some AI ground units scattered around the map
  2. current GRB with combined arms
  3. -missing another logical option of ground battles with only playable tanks
1 Like

It’s funny what people deem to be disrespect compared to actual sarcasm and mockery…

1 Like

I do not think they listen to players not even willing to scroll down to the right topic:

I am not surprised at all it isn’t his idea.

The trigger queue idea was actually a beautifully simple approach to mitigate population splitting issues (by making it opt-in).

Now…the trigger queue doesn’t solve other issues associated with TO (such as split BRs, maps, etc.), tbut it still puts forward more thought toward developing TO successfully than “gimme now!” babbling.

3 Likes

And its supporters pretending those other issues don’t exist, much less coming up with solutions to preempt those problems (mainly maps and objectives), is why I will only ever at best shrug at the idea after the actual problems surrounding CAS get properly dealt with, which TO does absolutely nothing to solve.

The main thing is the maps - maps are generally campy, and keep only getting campier over time. Without CAS to dig people out, some other mechanic would need to replace it at the job to use current maps, or it would need a very limited map rotation consisting of non-city maps.

We have a mechanic that could fill this role, if heavily increased in lethality - Artillery. But then it would for all intents and purposes be CAS without planes if it was to actually be effective at dislodging people. No red warning message, 1-3 800mm Gustav-size shells hitting the location in question to make the person sitting there have to move or guaranteed die.

1 Like

Can you give an example? I’m not seeing any that show different BRs for air and ground, and that’s including things which are great for one but garbage for the other (like the F-8E, F-111). Maybe I’m not randomly checking the right ones, but most aircraft should have a pretty big difference between their air and ground BRs. Is this something Gaijin announced but didn’t actually do?

It should be virtually every aircraft. Almost nothing is equally effective in both modes.

Tornado MFG and Tornado WTD61 are 11.0 in air RB but 10.3 in GRB

Harrier Gr7 is 11.7 in air and 12.0 in ground

Su-25SM3 I think is 11.7 in Air RB but 12.7 in ground RB

The interface in the hanger isn’t very good I found. I don’t think they’ve figured out a good way to display the difference yet

But it’s only about 9.0 and above. below is coming next BR change

I do wonder what planes will see the largest disparity in lower ranks.

I can already guess F6Fs, P-47Ds, Corsairs, the F-82, and various other planes with multiple drops of large (1000lb/500kg+) ordinance will see the biggest changes.

I’m hoping some heavy bombers will go lower In ARB

They are much less used in GRB so their BRs/costs/rewards I assume are tied to ARB where they will be seen A LOT more (except Lanc, Pe-8, He111).

Yeah, its aircraft like the Lancaster that I think are massively Over BRed in air modes. 7.7mm MGs with very limited coverage provide no protection in ARB.

The another addition im hoping for with the split BRs is a bomber Mosqutio.

can be 2.3 ish in ARB (no guns) but like 5.7 in GRB (with a 4k cookie)

Yes please!

1 Like