The Visegrád Group Tree (PL, CZ, HU, SK): European Powerhouse

Would you like to see the The Visegrád Group in-game?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg Flag_of_Slovakia.svg The Visegrád Group Flag_of_Poland.svg Flag_of_Hungary.svg

Disclaimer: If alliances are not accepted by Gaijin, this tree can be rebranded as a Polish Ground Forces tree with Czechia, Slovakia, and Hungarian sub-trees.

The PT-91 Twardy main battle tank, a tank used by V4 Group member Poland.

The V4 Independent Tree Visual:

V4 Part 1V4 Part 2V4 Part 3
The Tree as it would appear in-game.

V GroupThe V4 Group Logotype.

• Poland - PL
  • Czechia -CZ
  • Hungary - HU
  • Slovakia - SK

History:

Click Here
  • The Visegrad Group, also known as the V4, is a political and cultural alliance of four Central European countries: Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia. The group was established on February 15, 1991, in the Hungarian town of Visegrad, with the signing of the Visegrad Declaration. The main goal of the Visegrad Group was to promote cooperation and mutual assistance among its member states, particularly in the areas of economic integration, cultural exchange, and security. The group was founded during a time of significant political upheaval in Central and Eastern Europe, as the region was undergoing a transition from communism to democracy. The four countries that make up the Visegrad Group share a common heritage and a history of close cultural and economic ties. They are all members of the European Union (EU) and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), and they have all undergone significant economic and political transformations since the fall of communism. One of the primary drivers behind the formation of the Visegrad Group was the desire to promote economic cooperation among the four countries. Since its inception, the group has worked to promote trade and investment among its members, as well as to coordinate their positions on economic issues at the European level. The Visegrad Group has also played an important role in shaping EU policy in recent years, particularly in the areas of energy security and the Eastern Partnership. The group has been a strong advocate for diversifying Europe’s energy supplies, particularly through the development of new gas pipelines and the expansion of nuclear power. In addition to its economic and political objectives, the Visegrad Group has also sought to promote cultural and educational exchange among its member states. The group has established a number of programs to promote language learning, student mobility, and cultural exchange, in an effort to strengthen the ties between its member states and promote a shared sense of identity.

Collective Security:

Click Here
  • Since its inception, the Visegrad Group has worked to promote closer military ties among its member states. The group has established a number of joint military exercises and training programs, as well as joint procurement and development initiatives aimed at improving the interoperability and readiness of their armed forces. One of the key objectives of the Visegrad Group’s military cooperation is to enhance the collective defense capabilities of its member states. The group has been particularly active in promoting regional defense cooperation and integration, with the aim of increasing the security and stability of the region as a whole. To this end, the Visegrad Group has established the Visegrad Battlegroup (V4BG), a joint military unit made up of around 3,000 soldiers from the four member states. The V4BG is designed to be rapidly deployable, and is intended to support EU and NATO operations in the event of a crisis or conflict. In addition to the V4BG, the Visegrad Group has also established a number of other joint military initiatives, including a joint air defense system and a joint cyber defense center. These initiatives are aimed at improving the collective defense capabilities of the member states, and at enhancing their ability to respond to emerging security threats. The Visegrad Group’s military cooperation has also been focused on promoting regional stability and security, particularly in the face of growing threats from Russia. The group has been a vocal advocate for increased NATO presence and engagement in the region, and has called for a more robust response to Russian aggression in Ukraine and elsewhere. At the same time, the Visegrad Group has sought to develop closer military ties with other countries and organizations outside of the region. The group has established partnerships with a number of countries, including the United States, Canada, and Israel, and has sought to deepen its engagement with NATO and the EU. The Visegrad Group remains an important forum for military cooperation and coordination among its member states. The group’s efforts to promote regional security and stability, and to enhance the collective defense capabilities of its member states, are an important contribution to the broader European security architecture.

In-game Purpose:

• The purpose of the the Visegrád Group, or V4, in-game is to find an efficient way to add Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary while still allowing for growth to remain competitive long-term. On their own, these nations would suffer in the long run for not having the available vehicles to sustain themselves versus nations such as Germany, the U.S., or the Soviet Union. However, by combining them into the collective V4 Group, all four nations can thrive as well as offer players the opportunity to try a truly diverse tech tree. The tree itself is roughly broken up into three sections, Pre-war/WWII, Cold War, and Modern. The era transition has been made as smooth as it likely can be to prevent WWII-era vehicles from combatting late Cold War-era vehicles. All four of these nations in the Cold War-era operated almost the same vehicles with few derivatives. Many of these vehicles such as the T-72M1 evolved into nation specific variants such as the T-72M4CZ, the PT-91, or the T-72M1A. As players progress past the Cold War, they can experience the transition of these nations to more advanced vehicles such as the Leopard 2PL, the KF41 Lynx, or the STROP II. Jumping ahead of the problem, players are going to be first concerned with the 44M Tas (8cm 29/44M), the M1A2 SEPv3 and/or the K2PL Black Panther. The 44M Tas (8cm 29/44M) was added due to its uniqueness as well as a majority of the vehicle was assembled in sections, but was not completed in its final form. Next is the M1A2 SEPv3. This vehicle is placed in the event section as a recommended reward for winning in the World War Game Mode or in a Special Tournaments like the M60 AMBT or the E-100. The M1A2 SEPv3 can be swapped with the M1A1 FEP or M1A2 SEPv2 for balance as necessary. Lastly the K2PL Black Panther can be added or removed as necessary. Anyways hope you guys enjoy and please provide feedback in the comments section.

Special Thanks:

• A special thanks to the original poster of the Visegrad Group suggestion, @Miltaccfd as well as all others for their awesome work in preparing suggestions for the following nations: Poland, Czechia, Slovakia, and Hungary. 🫡

Sources:

Click Here

The Vehicles:

• Czech Republic/Slovakia:
    • Note: These nations were combined due to much of their recent history as Czechoslovakia.
Click Here

LT vz. 34

LT vz. 35

LT vz. 38

T-15

T_15_img1

T-23M

Š-III

V-8-H

G.13 Tank Destroyer

OT-65A ‘Vydra’

OT-62B

T-34-85CZ

T-34-85/R-10

Praga M53/59

IS-3

BVP-1 STROP

152mm SpGH Dana

155mm SpGH Zuzana

155mm SpGH Zuzana 2

T-55AM-2B

BVP-1MB

BVP-M

T-72EA

T-72M2 ‘Moderna’ (Early)

T-72M2 ‘Moderna’ (Late)

T-72 Scarab

KBVP/KBVP M1 RVS

Standard KBVP, a Czech-specific variant of the Pandur II.

KBVP M1 RVS, an upgraded KBVP prepared for Afghanistan.

BOV 8x8 Vydra

STROP II

T-72M1A

T-72M4CZ

• Poland:
Click Here

SPA 25C Polonia (wz. 14)

TKS 20mm

TKS_Solothurn_s

TKD

75mm Dion Bouton wz. 18/241.3

i256962

75mm PF621L

621_2

S.P. wzór 29

7TP

7TP wz. 39

Note: There was a fully functioning prototype of the 7TP wz. 39 however, there isn’t any confirmed imagery of the vehicle other than blueprints/sketches.

10TP

Crusader II

Cromwell Mk. IV

Sherman IB

sherman_IB_105mm

Sherman III

25378887071_593545bb57_c

Sherman IC

Sherman IIA

M4A2(76)W

Crusader AA Mk. II

Jagdpanzer 38(t) ‘Chwat’

Hibernyt

Panther ausf. G ‘Pudel’

T-34-85 ‘Rudy 102’

ISU-122

MT-LB-23M Krak

T-34-85M1

T-34-85M2

ASU-85

GaZ 69 2K15

OT-64A SKOT 2AM

BWP-1M Puma

AHS Krab

T-55AM ‘Merida’

Rosomak M1/Rosomak M1M

A standard Rosomak M1 equipped the OTO Melara Hitfist-30P turret housing a 30mm ATK Mk. 44 chain gun.

A Rosomak M1M featuring Q-Net Standoff Armor, and more while patrolling in Afghanistan.

PZA Loara-A

BWP-2000/II

Hibneryt-KG

Rosomak Wilk

T-72M1R

4D5YArD.jpeg

PL-01

BWP-40

SPZR Poprad

Rosomak ZSSW-30

Borsuk

PT-91 Twardy/PT-91MA1

The PT-91 Twardy and PT-91MA1 are both deep modifications of the T-72M and T-72M1 respectively. Both have the same capabilities.

PT-91M ‘Pendakar’

PT-91M2A1

PT-91M2A2

Leopard 2A5

Leopard 2A5PL M1

Leopard 2PL/Leopard 2PL M1

The Leopard 2PL, a Polish-specific modification of the Leopard 2A4 that features new electronics and reinforced turret armor.The Leopard 2PL M1, an improved version that features improvements to the Commander’s Sight, APU fire extinguisher, cold weather start, and more.

ZSU-23-4MP Biała

Osa-AKM-P1 “Żądło”

Bóbr-3 Tank Destroyer

WPB Anders IFV

Ottokar-Brzoza

Rosomak DSV (XC-8 120HP)

WPB Anders LT

M1A2 SEPv3/M1A2 SEPv2/M1A1 FEP

An M1A2 SEPv2 arriving in Poland. Any one of these three variants, or even multiple can fill this tech tree slot since Poland will use or is using all of them.

K2PL Black Panther

This specific model is the K2PL-GF Black Panther, or Gap Filler. The K2PL will be equipped the KAPS active protection system.

• Hungary:
Click Here

39M Csaba

A Hungarian 39M Csaba armored scout car.

42M Toldi II

The 42M Toldi IIA at the Kubinka Tank Museum.

43M Toldi III

The 43M Toldi III light tank used by Hungary.

Straussler V-4

Straussler_V4_img2
Designed by Nicholas Straussler, the V-4 was armed with a 40mm Bofors and a unique suspension.

40M Turán I

A 40M Turán I of the 2nd Armored Division.

Krupp Protze (Flak 38)

A Krupp Protze L2H143 WL-50131 with 2cm Flak gun.

Marder II

A Marder II used for trials by Hungary.

Panzer III ausf. N

A few Panzer III ausf. N’s were supplied by Germany for the Hungarian Army.

Panzer IV ausf. F1

A Hungarian Panzer IV ausf. F1.

43M Zrínyi II Assault Gun

A 43M Zrínyi II Assault Gun in the Kubinka Tank Museum.

Panzer III ausf. M

A Hungarian Panzer III ausf. M.

41M Turan II|

A Hungarian 41M Turán II in Kubinka Tank Museum.

43M Toldi Páncélvadász

The 43M Toldi Páncélvadász, a tank destroyer stopgap based off of the Toldi platform.

Panzer IV ausf. F2

A Panzer IV ausf. F2, a small number of these vehicles were sent to Hungary.

Panzer IV ausf. G

The Hungarian Army operated a small amount of Panzer IV ausf. G’s.

Panzer IV ausf. H

The Hungarian Army operated the Panzer IV ausf. H alongside the ausf. G model.

43M Turán III

43M_Tur?n_III
A prototype medium tank armed with the 75mm 43M L/55 tank gun.

40M Nimród

A license built copy of the Swedish Luftvärnskanonvagn L-62 Anti II, the 40M Nimród was designed to be a hybrid tank destroyer and self-propelled anti-aircraft tank.

44M Zrinyi I

A tank destroyer prototype designed to destroy late Soviet tanks.

44M Tas (7.5cm 43.M)

A prototype Medium Tank, or designated as a Heavy Tank by the Hungarian’s, the 44M Tas was a powerful vehicle rivaling that of the Panther. The image shown is a 8cm-model however, the 7.5cm was mostly built.

Tiger ausf. E

Hungarian crew members learning to operate a Tiger ausf. E alongside their German instructors.

Panther ausf. G

Hungarian operated Panther ausf. G’s with mounted infantry.

44M Tas (8cm 29/44M)

The 44M Tas featuring the 8cm gun. This image of the vehicle is of the 1:10 mockup, however, many of the components for the 8cm-version of the tank were created without a final assembly…

2b9 AMB

The 2b9 AMB, a rapid fire mortar platform that can make quick work of thin and thick armor alike.

2S3M1 Akatsiya

An old Hungarian 2S3 Akatsiya on display.

BTR-80A

A Hungarian BTR-80A during a training exercise.

PzH 2000

The Hungarian PzH 2000 procured from Germany.

T-55A SZRP

A T-55A equipped with Hungary’s indigenous SZRP explosive reactive armor. The bottom image is of the vehicle without the ERA blocks.

KF41 Skyranger

A render of the Lynx Skyranger being developed for Hungary, the Lynx Skyranger is equipped with the Skyranger turret with a dual Mistral surface-to-air missile system.

KF41 Lynx

One of the first few KF41’s entering service in the Hungarian Army.

Leopard 2A7HU

Expectation of the Leopard 2A7HU that will enter service with the Hungarian Army.

• Common Vehicles:
Click Here

Su-76M

A former Polish Su-76M on display.

T-34/76 (1943)

A former Polish T-34/76 on display.

StuG III ausf. G

A Hungarian StuG III ausf. G with Hungarian soldiers.

PT-76B

A Polish PT-76B on display.

SU-85

A Polish SU-85 on display next to a SU-76M.

ISU-152

IMG_2318
Known as the TSD-152, the ISU-152 served in many Eastern Europe military’s.

SU-100

A Czechoslovakian SU-100 (known as the SD-100 in former Czechoslovakia).

T-34-85

A Polish T-34-85 on display.

2S1 Gvozdika

The 2S1 Gvozdika at a Polish artillery range. The 2S1 Gvozdika is a very widely used Artillery piece.

IS-2/IS-2M

A Czechoslovakian IS-2 in Prague. The IS-2 and IS-2M were used throughout Eastern Europe.

T-54

A Czechoslovakian T-54-3. The T-54 was widely produced with many nations operating the vehicle. Some are in service today.

T-54AM

A Polish T-54AM during exercises.

ZSU-57-2

A former Hungarian Army ZSU-57-2.

T-55A

A former Hungarian Army T-55A.

BMP-2

A Czech BVP-2, or known widely as the BMP-2.

ZSU-23-4M

A Polish ZSU-23-4M.

9P133 Malutka-P

A Polish 9P133 Malutka-P.

9P148 Konkurs

A Czech 9P148 Anti-tank vehicle.

T-55AM

A former Hungarian T-55AM main battle tank.

T-72M1

A Slovakian T-72M1 main battle tank still used widely today.

Leopard 2A4

A Hungarian Leopard 2A4. The Leopard 2A4 is used by all Visegrad nations.

9K35 Strela-10

A Slovak Strela-10 anti-aircraft vehicle.

9K33M3 “Osa-AKM”

A Polish Osa-AKM during exercises.

CV90 Mk. IV

A CV90 Mk. IV which will be adopted by Czechia and possibly other V4 nations.

Other Visegrád Group Projects:

34 Likes

+1
I would be happy with either this or CZ and PL as separate trees.
Very well done!

26 Likes

If the idea of “Visegrad Group” doesn’t work due to Gaijin not liking alliances or something, the tree can also be rebranded as a Polish Tree with Czechia, Slovakia, and Hungarian sub-tree’s 🤙 I made an edit at the top to include this.

Side Note: If anyone has additional vehicles they want to see or if I made any mistakes (especially if a vehicle was NOT used by a particular nation, however I did my best to research) please feel free and point them out as well as add a source (preferably). Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to add some information/notes to the rest of my images so I will be fixing this in the near term.

14 Likes

FANTASTIC! Seriously this is a really well-put-together tech tree. Excellent job, and I wish I could vote yes a thousand times! +1^100

11 Likes

Thanks mate! 🫡

4 Likes

It is definitely the best way to implement Poland, Czechoslovakia and Hungary. They fill the gaps of each other plus this kind of Union Tech Tree’s opens up new possibilities. Considering Visegrád Group is not something made up, I can see it potentially making into the game. +1 from me

11 Likes

Love it! Really nice work!

I agree that with a V4 tech tree, 4 nations could be placed in game and would be solved.

About the Tas

To people who dont know, the Tas was the last attemp to create a tank from Hungary. It is not a copy of the Panther some people may think, it only resembles it a little bit, everything is Hungarian in it.

A little bit of interesting History:

This is Korbuly Páls note, here he wrote down the Tas vehicles construction.

V.5. Installation of chain tensioner and support rollers, there is a collision, replacement. The springs are very stretched, the bronze bushings of the support brackets need a lot of adjustment. The ends of the screws (5/428) hang over the plate plane. The casting of the chain tensioner (5/221) is very stretched at the rivets.

V.8. Starting to assemble the gearbox, there is still little material, especially the wheels needs to be hurried, the seeger ring (3/577) is not in stock.

V.10. The gearbox is difficult to move, putting a roof on the hull due to an air raid. The roof plate can only be installed with hooks and tongs placed in the right place, the drawing must be modified!

V.25. Assembly of the dynamo housing, the running wheel hubs on one side are already assembled, the aluminum casting and the welded base must be filed due to collisions, the charging dynamo must be connected to the left on one side, the screw (5/114) is too long, it sticks out.

V.26. Wheels installed, the car was rolling, dynamo reinforcement, tower ring in place.

VI.7. Installation of the drive wheel, the sealing ring (szimmer) is very tight. The material fits quite well.

VI.23. Your springs are ready, off to the spring factory. The situation is very sad.

VI.26. All day today we just cleaned up the ruins of yesterday’s bombing.

VI.27. Very little Tas work, Zrínyi takes up time.

VII.22. Working on the hull, they are making the cooling panel and the entry door. A chain assembled. Preparations for mounting the chassis.
soon after that, on VII.27, the all-encompassing bomb attack took place, when the turret-less carriage cabinet assembled with chassis, twin engine and gearbox was also destroyed.

soruce: A Tas 43.M. nehézharckocsi fejlesztése – 1.RÉSZ | pancelvadasz

So I just wanted to put a little history here, and that it was not finished. Also the turret was made and they started welding it but before putting it onto the hull there was the bombing.

Also if somebody does not believe that they wanted to put the 80mm gun, then here is the reticle, the only thing that survives of the Tas. And you can see the 8cm on the reticle.

I think it should be in game.

I know you dont want to bloat the tech tree with more vehicles but I gotta give you more Hungarian vehicles. For better representation, for less needed copy-paste and because why not.

Hungarian Vehicles:

for Rank I
38.M Toldi I (A.20):

38.M Toldi I (A.20):

Designed 1936-38
Manufacturer MÁVAG, Ganz Works
Produced 1939–1942
Mass: Toldi I: 8.5 t
Length: 4.75 m (15 ft 7 in)
Width: 2.14 m (7 ft 0 in)
Height: 1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)
Crew: 3
Armor Toldi I: 6-13 mm
Main armament: 20 mm 36M Solothurn AT gun (loaded in magazines, 4 piece in one magazine, the shell had 1,4 g of explosives (TNT or PETN and later 50/50 pentolite) and could penetrate 24mm of armour at 60 degrees from 100 meters.
Secondary armament: 1x 8 mm (0.31 in) Gebauer machine gun
Engine: Büssing-NAG L8V 7.9 litres 155 hp
Power/weight: 19 hp/t
Maximum speed: 50 km/h (31 mph) on road
rate of fire: 22-26 rpm

Sources: 38M Toldi - Wikipedia
38M Toldi I – Wikipédia
https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/252288-magyar-harckocsik-a-ii-világháborúban/
38M - Elfnet.hu
https://hungarianweaponryww2.wixsite.com/hungarianmilitaryww2/single-post/2018/01/07/part-iii-hungarian-shell-types-and-armor-plates
https://hungarianweaponryww2.wixsite.com/hungarianmilitaryww2/single-post/2018/01/21/tanks-guns

42.M Toldi II (B.20)

Almost same as the Toldi but its got some differences.

First of all, it gets an antenna that you can see in the pictures. Some visual differences on the turret and it’s got a stronger suspension, so it would not wobble that much. The machinegun is belt fed, 100 rounds instead of 25 like on the A.20.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/252288-magyar-harckocsik-a-ii-világháborúban/

38M - Elfnet.hu

42M Toldi II – Wikipédia

42.M Toldi IIA (B.40)

armor:

Mass: 9.3 t

Armor: 6 – 35mm

Main armament: 37/42.M 40 mm L/43

Engine Büssing-NAG L8V 7.9 litres: 155 hp

ammunition: 55 pieces

rate of fire: 16 rpm

penetration: 36.M páncélgránát (APHEBC-T) 60 degrees, 100m, 46mm can be penetrated, later they were issued with the 43.M magvas páncélgránátot (APBC-T), which the Nimród SPAA used. The Toldi IIA could fire it as well and had more penetration.

sources: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/252288-magyar-harckocsik-a-ii-világháborúban/

https://hungarianweaponryww2.wixsite.com/hungarianmilitaryww2/single-post/2018/01/21/tanks-guns

Toldi II könnyű harckocsi - A II. világháború fegyverei, járművei

42M Toldi II – Wikipédia

38M Toldi - Wikipedia

I know this tank is in game already but I wanted to include it.

Toldi IIAK

Mass: 9.85 t

Width: 2.21 m with the skirts

Armor: 6 – 35mm

Power/weight: 16 hp/t

Maximum speed: 43 km/h (31 mph) on road

rate of fire: 16 rpm

A Toldi IIA fitted with side skirts against AT rifles. the skirts had complicated forms. 18 pieces of metal was fitted onto the tank, 9-9 per side. the skirts were 70mm away from the tank and were reinforced with metal rods. The skirts had a thickness of 5-8 mm.

Sources: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/252288-magyar-harckocsik-a-ii-világháborúban/

42M Toldi II – Wikipédia

39.M Csaba

39.M Csaba: Service history

In service: 1939 - 1945

Designer: Nicholas Straussler

Designed: 1930s

Manufacturer: Weiss Manfred, Csepel

Produced: 1939 - 1944

No. built: 102-137

Specifications

Mass: 5.95 tonnes

Length: 14 ft 8 in (4.52 m)

Width: 6 ft 10 in (2.1 m)

Height: 7 ft 4 in (2.27 m)

Armour: 9 mm

Main armament: 1 × 20 mm Solothurn 36M anti-tank cannon

Secondary armament: 1 × 8 mm Gebauer 1934/37M coaxial machine gun

1 × 8 mm detachable Solothurn light machine gun

Engine: Ford, 8-cylinder 90 hp

Operational range: 93 mi (150 km)

Maximum speed: 65-85 km/h (40-53 mph)

(note the back machinegun)

In 1932, the first post-World War II Hungarian armored car (designed by Miklós Straussler), the AC1, was completed (the man is known in the UK as Nicholas Straussler, he later designed the floating tanks for the Allies, e.g. the Valentine DD or the Sherman DD).

The Hungarian Weiss Manfréd factory, which built the combat vehicle, could not put armor on the AC1 (because that would have violated the Versailles peace treaty), but they also got around this. The prototype was shipped to the UK where Alvis Car and Engineering Company Ltd fitted the armor plating onto the vehicle.

After Hitler came to power in 1933, events accelerated: in 1935, the improved AC2 appeared, followed by the AC3 (this was necessary, as the original design was good already, but at the same time impractical and only carried a single machine gun).

The Weiss Manfréd factory soon stopped producing frames, but the newly formed Alvis-Straussler joint venture continued the production of AC-3s. The Weiss Manfréd Acél- és Fémművek had orders regarding the vehicle: in Hungary, they started to produce an improved version of the AC2, under the name 39.M. The nickname Csaba was used for the armored car (after the son of the Hun Atilla).

sources: 39M - Elfnet.hu

39M Csaba – Wikipédia

39M Csaba - Wikipedia

AC II Páncélgépkocsi

Its got some differences than the Csaba vehicle, it has a stronger engine and the rear is completely differently looking.

length: 4520mm

width: 2100mm

weight: 5,8 t

engine: 100hp

gear: 5 forward and 5 reverse gears

top speed: 90km/h forward and reverse

armor: 9mm

Crew: 4

Source: Járműgyártás a csepeli Weiss Manfréd gyárban · KozlekedesiMuzeum

40.M Turán

40.M Turán I:

In service: 1942-1945

User: Kingdom of Hungary

Wars: World War II

Designer: MÁVAG, Ganz, WM, MWG

Manufacturer: MÁVAG, Ganz, WM, MWG

Produced: 1940-1943

Quantity produced: 289

Weight: 18.2 tons (18.7 tons with skirts)

Length: 5530 mm

Width: 2440 mm (with skirts 2650 mm)

Height: 2355 mm

Crew: 5 people (commander, gunner, loader, radio machine gun operator, driver)

Armor: 13-50 mm

Main armament: 1 x 40 mm 41.M L/51 tank gun

Penetration: 600-100m-47.5mm

Secondary armament: 2 x 8 mm 34/40.AM Gebauer machine guns

Engine: 8-cylinder Weiss Manfréd V-8 H4 (260 HP, 194 kW)

Specific power: 14.3 HP/t (with skirts 13.9 HP/t)

Gearbox: 6 forward and 6 reverse

Suspension: leaf spring

Ground clearance: 380 mm

Fuel volume: 265 l

Range: 165 km

Speed: On road: 47.2 km/h (with skirts 46 km/h)

Sources: 40M - Elfnet.hu

https://hungarianweaponryww2.wixsite.com/hungarianmilitaryww2/single-post/2018/01/17/part-iii-the-turán-tank-family

http://real-j.mtak.hu/11707/1/Haditechnika_1986.pdf

http://real-j.mtak.hu/11716/1/Haditechnika_1994.pdf

40.M Turán I Late

40.M Turán I Late:

In service: 1942-1945

User: Kingdom of Hungary

Designer: MÁVAG, Ganz, WM, MWG

Manufacturer: MÁVAG, Ganz, WM, MWG

Produced: 1940-1943

Quantity produced: 289

Weight: 18.2 tons (18.7 tons with skirts)

Length: 5530 mm

Width: 2440 mm (with skirts 2650 mm)

Height: 2355 mm

Crew: 5 people (commander, gunner, loader, radio machine gun operator, driver)

Armor: 13-50 mm

Main armament: 1 x 40 mm 41.M L/51 tank gun

Penetration: 600-100m-47.5mm

Secondary armament: 2 x 8 mm 34/40.AM Gebauer machine guns

Engine: 8-cylinder Weiss Manfréd V-8 H4 (260 HP, 194 kW)

Specific power: 14.3 HP/t (with skirts 13.9 HP/t)

Gearbox: 6 forward and 6 reverse

Ground clearance: 380 mm

Fuel volume: 265 l

Range: 165 km

Speed: On road: 47.2 km/h (with skirts 46 km/h)

Sources: 40M - Elfnet.hu

https://hungarianweaponryww2.wixsite.com/hungarianmilitaryww2/single-post/2018/01/17/part-iii-the-turán-tank-family

http://real-j.mtak.hu/11707/1/Haditechnika_1986.pdf

The difference between the late Turán and the earlier one is that this could get the APBC-T shell which was used by the Nimróds, late in the war (this shell has higher penetration). This could also have side skirts which would boost its protection against HEAT rounds.

V-4 first version

We can see the backside of the V-4, and one part of the transmission where we can equip a propeller.

Length: (with propeller) 5000mm

Full width: 2200mm

Width with pontoons: around 5000mm

Height (with turret): 2700mm

Weight: 10 t

top speed: 60-45 km/h (on wheels), 40-32 km/h (on tracks), 8 km/h (on water)

armor: 10 – 26mm

Weapons: primary: 37.M 40mm cannon, secondary: one twin 37/37M 8mm gebauer machinegun in the hull

Gears: 5 forward and 5 reverse gears

Engine: Manfréd Weiss 8-cylinder 180hp

Crew: 3 – cammander/gunner, machine gunner, driver

features: can be equipped with pontoons for extra armour against heat or to be amphibious.

Sources: Straussler V-4 - Wikipedia

Magyartank - G-Portál

Járműgyártás a csepeli Weiss Manfréd gyárban · KozlekedesiMuzeum

http://hadmernok.hu/182_05_nemeth.pdf

V-4 second version

V-4 second version:

Length: (with propeller) 5000mm

Full width: 2200mm

Width with pontoons: around 5000mm

Height (with turret): 2700mm

Weight: 12 t

top speed: 60-45 km/h (on wheels), 40-32 km/h (on tracks), 8 km/h (on water)

armor: 10 – 26mm

Weapons: primary: 37.M 40mm cannon, secondary: two twin 37/37M 8mm gebauer machinegun in the hull

Gears: 5 forward and 5 reverse gears

Engine: Manfréd Weiss 8-cylinder 180 hp

Crew: 4 – gunner, commander, machine gunner, driver

features: can be equipped with pontoons for extra armour against heat or to be amphibious.

Sources: Straussler V-4 - Wikipedia

Magyartank - G-Portál

Járműgyártás a csepeli Weiss Manfréd gyárban · KozlekedesiMuzeum

http://hadmernok.hu/182_05_nemeth.pdf

This is the V-3 but the pontoons are compatible with the V-4 tanks.

42.M Toldi IIA (B.40) Protot

Mass: 9.2 t

Armor: 6 – 13 mm

Similar to the B.40 but had differences that could impact the game. First of all, it does not have a box on the back of the turret which will result the tank to wobble a lot more, which is not good. It does not have thicker armor and it gets the same gun as the V-4 tank, the 40mm 37.M cannon. Which has lower penetration values because it has a lower muzzle velocity.

sources: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/252288-magyar-harckocsik-a-ii-világháborúban/

Toldi II könnyű harckocsi - A II. világháború fegyverei, járművei

42M Toldi II – Wikipédia

38M Toldi - Wikipedia

Rába botond Schwarzlose

Designed: 1938

Manufacturer: MWG

Produced: 1938–1948

Mass: 3950 kg

Length: 5,700 mm

Width: 2,080 mm

Height: 2,550 mm

Crew: minimum 2 but should be more because its easy to kill

Engine: 4 cylinder petrol of 4,330 cm3 70 hp

Maximum speed: 60 km/h

Weapon: Schwarzlose machinegun

rate of fire: 600-880 round per minute

Sources: 38M Botond - Wikipedia

IMCDb.org: 1938 Rába Botond 38M in "Mesélő cégtáblák: Az Ikarus, 1998"

Schwarzlose machine gun - Wikipedia

Magyar szállítójárművek :: Second World War.hu

Opel blitz gebauer

Opel blitz gebauer:

During the development of the gebauer motor driven wing machineguns, a thought came that it could be used as an anti-aircraft weapon. A development was carried out during 1940-1942. The AA machine gun was modified throught the development and these modifications increased the machine guns weight to 18,2 kg. An AA mount - which weighted 197,4 kg was developed but had some issues. Like for example the MGs fire rate was too high, around 1800-2000 rounds per minute. In the end the development stopped.

Dimensions : 5.95-6.02 x 2.26-2.34 x 2,17-3,18 m (19.8 ft x 7.4 ft x 9 ft)

Total weight: 2,100-3,350 Tonnes max. (4,630 Ibs)

Payload : 2.3 to 3.5 tons ()

Crew : 1 driver

Propulsion : Opel 4 cylinders, 3626 cc, 68- hp at 3800 rpm, or 6-cyl 74 hp

Speed : 80 km/h (50 mph)

Range (road/off road) : 300 to 400 km (255 miles)

Weapon: Gebauer 8mm motor driven machiegun

Fire rate: 1800-2000/minute

Source: https://live.warthunder.com/post/734487/en/ https://truck-encyclopedia.com/ww2/germany/Opel-Blitz.php

Krupp protze 20mm

Krupp Protze 20mm:

Mass: 2,600 kg (5,700 lb) / more with the Buzogányvető

Length: 5.10 m (16 ft 9 in)

Width: 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)

Height: 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)

Armor: None

Engine: Krupp Boxer motor, 3.3 liters or 60 hp

Same gun as on the flakpanzer

Source:
https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krupp_Protze
Maximum speed: 70 km/h (43 mph)

Csepel 130 DSHK

Csepel 130 DSHK:

Mass: 3500 kg without the DSHK

Length: 4840mm

Width: 2150mm

Height: 2070 mm

engine: 85 hp

Weapon: DSHK 12.7mm

Sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DShK

https://www.autoszektor.hu/hu/content/magyar-konnyulovassag-csepeli-geppel-hadiipar-7

https://www.retromobil.hu/2013/07/02/csepel-130/

Rába V. R. tehergépkocsi with 5/8M 8 cm AA gun

Rába V. R. tehergépkocsi with 5/8M 8 cm AA gun:

The truck is a licence made Czech Praga truck, Hungary started making them from 1913.
weapon is the 5/8M 8 cm AA gun. It’s got some APHE ammunition too. It has low pen so it could fit nicely in lower br-s.
sources: https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rába_Járműipari_Holding
https://totalcar.hu/magazin/szerelem/2021/10/24/volt-egyszer-egy-raba-magyar-waggon--es-gepgyar/
https://www.facebook.com/133103693526711/photos/rába-vr-lövegkocsi-rába-v-alvázon-páncélozott-motorburkolattal-58-as-légvédelmi-/140006156169798/?paipv=0&eav=AfajGaqcYTgJGT_dsKp6LkrjXMIW7SfikSPaK03b2HtWv23VlxhnkyJZ-EJsoLXSOYs&_rdr
http://real-j.mtak.hu/11365/1/HT_2016-1_internet.pdf

38.M Toldi I A.20 (Tetőgéppuskával)

same as the A.20 but with a machinegun which can be used against air targets, the vehicle can be a low tier premium.

40.M Turán I H-834

This is a turán I with experimental skirts attached to it, it would weight more than the skirt found on the late one. Nothing too fancy, it could be a good rank I premium.
Source: http://real-j.mtak.hu/11717/1/Haditechnika_1995.pdf at pages 67, 129 and 302

for Rank II
Toldi III (C.40)

Toldi III (C.40):

Type: light tank

Origin: Kingdom of Hungary

Designer: Ganz

Planned: 1941-1943

Manufacturer: Ganz

Manufactured: 1943

Quantity produced: 1

Weight: 9.2 tons (9.45 tons with crew)

Length: 4750 mm

Width: 2140 mm

Height: 2070 mm

Crew: 3 people (commander, gunner, driver)

Armor: 6-35 mm

Main armament: 1 x 40 mm 42.M L/43 tank gun (same as on the Toldi IIA)

Secondary armament: 1 x 8 mm 34/40.AM Gebauer machine gun

Engine: 8-cylinder Ganz VIII. VGT. 107 (155 hp, 115 kW)

Specific power: 16.4 HP/t

Gearbox: 5 forward and 1 reverse

Suspension: torsion spring

Free ground clearance: 350 mm

Speed: On the road: 45 km/h

Sources: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/252288-magyar-harckocsik-a-ii-világháborúban/

https://warriors.fandom.com/ru/wiki/43M_Toldi_III

https://2vilaghaborufegyverei.blog.hu/2018/06/12/toldi_iii_konnyu_harckocsi

The big difference between this tank and the Toldi IIA is that the Toldi IIA has larger turning radius. The Toldi III has turning radius of 2 meters while other Toldis have 4.5 meters. But still has some differences, like a bigger turret.

FÚG-70

These were pre-series prototypes of the PSZH APC, they had a 20mm autocannon from the IL-10 planes. There were only 7 built.

Armor: welded steel: 14 mm maximum (D-944 PSZH), sides 7 mm

Main armament: 20mm from an IL-10 (1946), B-20E autocannon

Secondary armament: 7.62 mm PKT coaxial general purpose machine gun (2000 rounds)

Engine Csepel D414.44 in-line 4-cylinder OHV 5.5 liter diesel 100 hp (75 kW)

Power/weight: D-944 PSZH: 13.5 hp/tonne (10 kW/tonne)

Suspension: Wheeled 4x4

Operational range: D-944 PSZH: 500 km (310 mi)

Maximum speed: 81 km/h (50 mph) (road) (D-944 PSZzH), 45 km/h (cross country), 9 km/h (water)

Sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-442_FUG

https://elfnet.hu/haditechnika/pancelautok/d442.php

https://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/Hungary/D-442-FUG.php

https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSZH

These infos are from the PSZH and maybe some of them will be wrong. I put it in because its very similar to the PSZH, it was literally the pre-series of the PSZH. It needs some research.

I put this in because of the hull, the Turret is different and it has 14.5mm rather than the 20mm.
See the sketch, there you can see the different turret.

PSZH-M

PSZH-M:

Country of origin Hungary

Crew: 3 men

Personnel: 6 men

Dimensions and weight

Weight: 7.6 t

Length: 5.69 m

Width: 2.5 m

Height: 2.3 m

Armament

Machine guns: 1 x 14.5 mm, 1 x 7.62 mm

Ammunition load

Machine gun munition: 500 x 14.5 mm, 2 000 x 7.62 mm

Mobility

Engine: Csepel D.414.44/2 diesel (82 kW)

Engine power: 110 hp

Maximum road speed: 81 km/h

Amphibious speed on water: 9 km/h

Range: 500 km

Maneuverability

Gradient: 60%

Side slope: 30%

Vertical step: 0.4 m

Trench: 0.6 m

Fording: Amphibious

Features: Can swim in water and it has infrared lights. Can use nightvision.

Sources: http://www.military-today.com/apc/pszh4.htm

PSZH prototípus

Same hull and specifications as the FÚG-70 but with a different turret and with a 14.5mm heavy machinegun and a 7.62 mm machinegun.

Source: Pintér művek

41.M Turán II

41.M Turán II:
Almost same as in game. The difference is it has added track armor on the very angled part of the frontal hull and it does not get skirts.

Sources: https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/41M_Turán
40M - Elfnet.hu

41.M Turán II Late

Same as in game what we have.

41.M Turán II Track armor

41.M Turán II Track armor:

Difference in armor, can have up to 60-70mm because of the tracks, its got skirts as well on the sides.
Large amount of weight increase which means slower acceleration and top speed.

Botond B tehergépkocsi 15 cm Nebelwerfer

Similar to the 15 cm Pz.W.42 but it is less armored and its probably faster.

Mass: 3950 kg

Length: 5,700 mm

Width: 2,080 mm

Height: 2,550 mm

Crew: 2-3

Engine: 4 cylinder petrol of 4,330 cm3 70 hp

Maximum speed: 60 km/h

Weapon: 15 cm nebelwerfer rockets

Sources: 38M Botond - Wikipedia

Magyar szállítójárművek :: Second World War.hu

https://mek.oszk.hu/12900/12993/pdf/12993_3.pdf

Straussler Monitor

I don’t know if Hungary should get it. A Hungarian made this in his own workshop in Britain. You may know Straussler because he made the DD Sherman and etc. So I don’t know who should get it, its an interesting vehicle in my opinion. Now I am not saying Hungary needs it but it would be cool to have it, a lot of people know straussler in Hungary and really like its wacky and complex way of designing vehicles.

Weapon is a 17 pounder. The vehicle is probably slow but has a great gun and it could have a mechanic where it can turn the wheels and could rotate in one spot.

Sources: https://twitter.com/Ninja998998/status/1201435267728494592/photo/1

Csepel D-350 180mm

Csepel D-350 180mm:

So maybe some of you saw PikkPikers Hungarian tech tree where he said it was a BM-14 launcher on the vehicle, well after I did research I found out that these are 180mm Hungarian made and designated rockets. So its not Russian nor German, just Hungarian. Now the problem is that we don’t know how much TNT was in the rockets, needs a little bit more research.

Engine: Csepel D 413, Diesel, 5.3 dm³, 63 kW

Transmission: five-speed manual gearbox

Propulsion: air-filled tyres

Wheelbase: 3,710 mm (146.1 in)

Length: 6,735 mm (265.2 in)

Width: 2,260 mm (89.0 in)

Height: 2,740 mm (107.9 in)

Kerb weight: 3,200 kg (7,055 lb)

Weapon: 180mm rocket launcher

Sources: https://mek.oszk.hu/12900/12993/pdf/12993_3.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Csepel_D-350

Csepel D-344 (zpu-2) 14,5mm SPAA

Csepel with KVPT machineguns, could be a nice AA truck.

Engine: Csepel D-414H (Diesel, 5.5 dm3, 70 kW)
Transmission: Manual five-speed gearbox
Propulsion: Tyres
Wheelbase: 3750 mm
Length: 6716 mm
Width: 2498 mm
Height: 2775 mm
Kerb weight: 5700 kg
Weapon: 2x KVPT machineguns
Sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Csepel_D-344 and Makettinfo

PSZH prototípus 23mm

PSZH prototype with the 23mm autocannons from the Mig-15.

High rate of fire but only 32mm of penetration. Could be a good AA vehicle because of the caliber and the high fire rate, other than that I don’t see any better use for it. Still a very cool vehicle.
Still needs research. Same specs as the FÚG-70.

Sources for mentioning the vehicle: https://www.makettinfo.hu/forum/forszoveg.php?forumID=582&first=4000#_

Nimród SPAA

Nimród SPAA:

Mass: 10.5 tonnes

Length: 5.32 m (17 ft 5 in)

Width: 2.31 m (7 ft 7 in)

Height: 2.8 m (9 ft 2 in)

Crew: 6

Armor: 6–13 mm on the hull, 10 mm on the turret

Main armament: 40 mm 36.M, has AP which penetrates 61 mm at 100m 90 degrees.

Can get AP, armored core shells, HE and APHE

Engine: Büssing NAG type L8 V/36 T

Maximum speed: 50 km/h (31 mph)

elevation/depression: 90 degrees, -5 degrees

rate of fire: 120 rpm

ammo: 160 piece

Sources: https://live.warthunder.com/post/768658/en/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40M_Nimród

43.M Toldi Páncélvadász

Dimensions: L-W-H 4.75 m x 2.14 mx 2.2 m

Total weight: 10.5 t

Crew: probably 3 gunner, driver, loader

Propulsion: Büssing-NAG Type L8V/36TR, water cooled 8 cylinder petrol, 155 hp (116 kW), 14.8 hp/t

Suspension: Torsion bars

Armament: 7.5 cm (2.95 in) Pak 40/2 L/46 – 21 rounds, 8 mm (0.31 in) 31M. Solothurn light machine gun

Armor: 6 mm to 13 mm (0.24-0.51 in)

Production: One converted from a 38M. Toldi I light tank

Sources: 42M Toldi II – Wikipédia

https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/hungary/toldi-pancelvadasz

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/06/08/toldi-pancelvadasz-the-hungarian-marder/

Zrínyi II

Zrínyi II:

Type: Assault gun

Place of origin: Kingdom of Hungary

In service: 1943-1945

Used by: Kingdom of Hungary

Designer: Manfréd Weiss

Designed: 1942-1943

Manufacturer: Manfréd Weiss, Ganz

Mass: 21.5 t

Length: 5.90 m (19 ft 4 in)

Width: 2.99 m (9 ft 10 in)

Height: 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)

Armour: 13–75 mm (0.51–2.95 in)

Main armament: 40/43M 105 mm MÁVAG howitzer 52 rounds but it can carry 90-95 rounds as well if it was needed

Engine: Manfréd Weiss Z-V8H-4 8 cylinder 260 hp

Power/weight: 12 hp/t

Maximum speed: 43 km/h (27 mph)

Fire rate: 6 round per minute

It had HEAT which could penetrate 80mm of armor at 600. It has smoke and HE rounds as well

Sources: https://m.militaria.hu/digitalis-hadtortenelem-hadtorteneti-oktatasi-csomagok-iskolak-szamara/masodik-vilaghaboru-tortenete/masodik-vilaghaboru-tortenete-a-katona/194043-m-zrinyi-rohamtarack-es-1944-m-zrinyi-rohamagyu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/43M_Zrínyi

https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zrínyi_(önjáró_löveg)

https://warthunder.hu/2018/04/24/jarmubemutato-40-43-m-zrinyi-rohamtarack/

Zrínyi II Late

Zrínyi II Late:

Late modification of the Zrínyi II with added tracks and skirts for improved protection. Which increased weight and width.

Type: Assault gun

Place of origin: Kingdom of Hungary

In service: 1943-1945

Used by: Kingdom of Hungary

Designer: Manfréd Weiss

Designed: 1942-1943

Manufacturer: Manfréd Weiss, Ganz

Mass: around 23 t (there is no information about weight with the tracks and skirs on)

Length: 5.90 m (19 ft 4 in)

Width: 2.99 m (9 ft 10 in)

Height: 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)

Armour: 13–75 mm (0.51–2.95 in)

Main armament: 40/43M 105 mm MÁVAG howitzer 52 rounds but it can carry 90-95 rounds as well if it was needed

Engine: Manfréd Weiss Z-V8H-4 8 cylinder 260 hp

Power/weight: around 11 hp/t

Maximum speed: 41 km/h (27 mph)

Fire rate: 6 round per minute

It had HEAT which could penetrate 80mm of armor at 600. It has smoke and HE rounds as well

Sources: https://m.militaria.hu/digitalis-hadtortenelem-hadtorteneti-oktatasi-csomagok-iskolak-szamara/masodik-vilaghaboru-tortenete/masodik-vilaghaboru-tortenete-a-katona/194043-m-zrinyi-rohamtarack-es-1944-m-zrinyi-rohamagyu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/43M_Zrínyi

https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zrínyi_(önjáró_löveg)

https://warthunder.hu/2018/04/24/jarmubemutato-40-43-m-zrinyi-rohamtarack/

We can see that Hungarians added track not only frontally but both the sides as well. Frontally it increased armor from 75mm to around 90mm or even more.

Zrínyi II 100mm or Zrínyi H-801

Zrínyi II 100mm:
So this vehicle is one of the most interesting to me because you may seen this pictures of the Zrínyi II but somethings are off, and its not like the others. These Zrínyi IIs were pre production vehicles.

Its different than the rest, the depth from the mantlet to the frontal plate is less than on the normal Zrínyi IIs, the bolts are different as well and the lower front plate does not have any bolts.
My guess is that there is another 25mm plate added to the frontal structure making it 100mm thick. The lower front plate is probably a 75mm plate and not a 50mm+25mm like on the other Zrínyi IIs.

Finding more pictures about it and comparing it to other Zrínyi IIs from the same camera angle and distance, I think we can see that on the lower picture the plate is thicker than on the upper picture. I think it could be 4 times 25mm plate or one 75mm plate and a 25mm plate on it.

Another comparison.

Here is the Zrínyi II in the Kubinka museum. We can see its armour is made up of 3 times 25mm plate, now if we were to add another 25mm plate we would still be able to see the side of the mantlet but it would be less than on any other regular Zrínyi II. The problem is we don’t have any info on them just pictures, needs research but I think comparing them to one another should be enough because we can see it being thicker armoured than the regular version.

Closer shot.

There are many variants of the pre production vehicle, because they changed some things throughout its lifetime, like there are variants with different periscopes, but one of them can be added.

Same specs as the Zrínyi II but probably more weight because of the added armour.

Turán II Pipe

Destroyed :( , some cosmetic changes, can be a cool premium. Same specs as the Turán II late.

PSZH

PSZH:

Country of origin Hungary

Crew: 3 men

Personnel: 6 men

Dimensions and weight

Weight: 7.6 t

Armament

Machine guns: 1 x 14.5 mm, 1 x 7.62 mm

Ammunition load

Machine gun munition: 500 x 14.5 mm, 2 000 x 7.62 mm

Mobility

Engine: Csepel D.414.44 diesel (74,57 kW)

Engine power: 100 hp

Maximum road speed: 81 km/h

Amphibious speed on water: 9 km/h

Maneuverability

Gradient: 60%

Side slope: 30%

Vertical step: 0.4 m

Trench: 0.6 m

Fording: Amphibious

Features: Can swim in water and it has infrared lights. Can use nightvision.

Sources: http://www.military-today.com/apc/pszh4.htm

Zrínyi II Irénke

Zrínyi II Irénke:

Same as the Zrínyi II late, just some cosmetic changes and a little piece of plus armor on the gun mantlet which is 25mm or 50mm. Could be a great premium.

We can Find Irénke at the Kubinka museum with the added little armour plate on the gun mantlet. The gun is actually broken so its shorter than what its supposed to be.

for Rank III
DE-81SP RÁBA H9

This is the truck.

Same automatic mortar as on the Unimog. It can have the same HEAT shells, interestingly it could have NATO HE mortar shells or even smoke, because its 81mm. Its NATO compatible.

Probably same ammo capacity, that is 128 pieces. (My guessing)

elevation/depression: +76 and -4

Specifications for the Truck:

all wheel drive 4x4

gears: 5+1

weight 4.5 t + the mortar

engine: 6 cylinder diesel with 155 hp, 114 kW

Speed: 100 km/h

length: 6630mm

width: 2200mm

height: 2700mm

Sources:

https://epa.oszk.hu/02100/02176/00020/pdf/EPA02176_rendvedelem_52_015-052.pdf at page 14 http://real-j.mtak.hu/11408/1/HT_2015-1_teljes_red.pdf at page 30

http://real-j.mtak.hu/11715/1/Haditechnika_1993.pdf at page 113

DE-81SP Mercedes Unimog

The DE-81SP mortar is a hungarian made mortar which is a smaller 2b9 mortar. 2b9 mortars diameter is 82mm while the Hungarian has 81mm.

It can get a HEAT ammo which could pen 100mm at 90 degrees. The gun has a rpm of 100-120.

Specs for the Unimog:

Engine: 24 kW (169 PS; 166 hp) Gearbox: 8-speed manual

Propulsion: Rear wheel drive with selectable all wheel drive

Speed: 80–110 km/h (50–68 mph)

Turning radius 14,100 mm (46.26 ft)

Aprroach angle 46°

Departure angle 51°

Ground clearance 440 mm (17+3⁄8 in)

Fording depth 1.000 m (3.28 ft)

Armor: non-existent

Crew: 4 (driver, passenger, loader, gunner) but can be 3

elevation/depression: +76 and -4

rate of fire: 100-120

ammo: 128 pieces

Tnterestingly this vehicle could get NATO HE mortar shells or even smoke, because its 81mm. Its NATO compatible.

Source: http://real-j.mtak.hu/11408/1/HT_2015-1_teljes_red.pdf

Turán III

Crew: 5 people (Commander, Loader, Driver, Gunner, Machine gunner)

Length: 6.860 m

Width: 2.440 m – with skirts 2.650m

Height: 2.655 m

Weight: 21 t – with skirts 23 300 kg

Armor: front 80 mm – sides 35mm – rear 35 mm / top and bottom 13 mm

Primary armament: 75 mm 43M L/55 tank gun (same as on the Zrínyi I)

Secondary armament: 2×8 mm 34/40M Gebauer machine gun

Engine: Weiss Manfréd V–8H 8-cylinder gasoline engine

Performance: 195 kW (260 hp)

Speed: 39 km/h and with skirts 37 km/h

Power to weight: 11.8 hp/t and with skirts 11.2 hp/t

Sources: http://real-j.mtak.hu/11717/1/Haditechnika_1995.pdf

https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/43M_Turán

Tas 75mm variant

armament: 43.M 75mm (same as on the Zrínyi I and the Turán III) and a 8mm gebauer machinegun

weight: 36 600 kg

Engine: Two Weiss Manfréd V–8H 8-cylinder gasoline engine which make 520 hp / 382 kW

Speed: 44,5 km/h backwards and forwards

Gears: 5-5

Armor: hull: UFP 75mm, LFP 75mm, nose plate 120mm, sides 50mm, rear 100mm and 75mm, top and bottom 20mm (we don’t know the frontal corners, could be 75mm, 120mm or 50mm)

turret: all around 100mm, top 20mm

Crew: 5 (Gunner, Loader, Commander, Driver, Machine gunner)

Height: 2700mm

Width: 3150mm

length: 6300mm

Sources: https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/hungary/44m-tas

http://real-j.mtak.hu/11729/1/Haditechnika_2008.pdf

http://real-j.mtak.hu/11727/1/Haditechnika_2006.pdf

Pancelvadasz.hu

Krupp Protze Buzogányvető

Specifications of the Buzogányvető (Macethrower):

Length: 970mm

Diameter: 215 mm

Weight of the rocket head: 29,2-30 kg

Weight of the explosive head: 4,212 kg

Weight of the engine housing: 20,5 kg

Gunpowder rods: 3,2-4,6kg

Penetration: at least 300mm of armour or concrete.

Speed of the rocket: 56 m/s 202 km/h

Krupp Protze specifications:

Mass: 2,600 kg (5,700 lb) / more with the Buzogányvető

Length: 5.10 m (16 ft 9 in)

Width: 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)

Height: 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)

Armor: None

Engine: Krupp Boxer motor, 3.3 liters or 60 hp

Maximum speed: 70 km/h (43 mph)

ammo: we don’t have info on how many it carried, it could have HE and HEAT rockets

Sources: https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krupp_Protze

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krupp-Protze https://mek.oszk.hu/12900/12993/pdf/12993_2.pdf

http://real-j.mtak.hu/11731/1/Haditechnika_2010.pdf

http://real-j.mtak.hu/11708/1/Haditechnika_1987.pdf

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34814045@N08/49991440123

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_44M

https://tanksrarities.blogspot.com/2021/10/toldi-ii-lt-con-lanzador-de-cohetes.html

Toldi Buzogányvető

A Toldi tank transformed to use Buzogányvető rockets.

Specifications for the Toldi:

Mass Toldi IIA: 9.3 t

Armor: Toldi II: 7-33 mm

Main armament: 215mm Buzogányvető rocket

Ammo: we don’t know how much it carried, can get HE and HEAT rockets

Engine: Büssing-NAG L8V 7.9 litres 155-160 bhp

Suspension: torsion bar

Sources: 38M Toldi - Wikipedia

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/02/hungarian-toldi-ii-lt-with-44m-buzoganyveto-anti-tank-rocket-launcher/

https://mek.oszk.hu/12900/12993/pdf/12993_2.pdf

https://tanksrarities.blogspot.com/2021/10/toldi-ii-lt-con-lanzador-de-cohetes.html

Csepel Járda gépkocsi ZU-23

Weapon: Same as the BTR-ZD or the Boswark

Csepel Járda gépkocsi is a D-344.01 truck made for carrying and using anti-aircraft cannons on the plato.

Specs for the truck:

Engine: Csepel D-414H (Diesel, 5.5 dm3, 70 kW)

Transmission: Manual five-speed gearbox

Propulsion: Tyres

Wheelbase: 3750 mm

Length: 6716 mm

Width: 2498 mm

Height: 2775 mm

weight: 5700 kg + 950 kg (zu-23)

Sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Csepel_D-344

https://forum.index.hu/Article/showArticle?na_order=&na_start=2488&na_step=30&t=9135569

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZU-23-2

Nimród late

Mass: 10.5 tonnes

Width: 2.31 m (7 ft 7 in)

Height: 2.8 m (9 ft 2 in)

Crew: 6

Armor: 6–13 mm on the hull, 10 mm on the turret

Main armament: 40 mm 36.M, has AP which penetrates 61 mm at 100m 90 degrees.

Can get AP, armored core shells, HE and APHE

And a fin stabilized HEAT shell, which is 160mm in diameter and can penetrate up to 180mm of armor. Its mass was 9.2 kg and had around 2.6 kg of explosive mass. It can go 110 m/s.

It had two versions, 42.M and 42/a.M. The 42/a.M had a wider sleeve so that the flash eliminator on the Nimród did not have to be removed. So the 42/a.M should have a faster reload speed than the 42.M. But I think only the 42/a.M should be added.

Engine: Ganz VIII EST 107, 8-cylinder, gasoline, water-cooled 150 hp (110 kW)

elevation/depression: 90 degrees, -5 degrees

rate of fire: 120 rpm

ammo: 160 piece

Sources: https://live.warthunder.com/post/768658/en/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40M_Nimród

http://real-j.mtak.hu/11709/1/Haditechnika_1988.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stielgranate_41

Zrínyi I

Same as in game but without the launchers on top.
I will discuss the historical inaccuracies because the stats are in game and can be viewed, but there are some that are not accurate and I just want to direct a little bit of attention to the inaccuracies. First of all the LFP should be 75mm (50+25) and does not have rivets. Second, there are sources that say that the structures front is 100mm thick not 75mm, this needs research. Third, the mantlet should cover more like you can see in the picture.

Zrínyi I sorozatvető

This is the Zrínyi I we have in game, with the 15 cm rockets. Same inaccuracies apply to this as well. But with this variant does not have the exhaust drums as seen on the picture.

2B9 MT-LBu

MT-LBu 2b9:

It can get a HEAT ammo which could pen 100mm at 90 degrees. The gun has a rpm of 100-120.

Mass 15,550 kg

Length 7.21 m

Width 2.85 m

Height 1.905 m

Armor Welded aluminum

Engine: YaMZ-238N, V-8 diesel 300 hp at 2,100 rpm

Suspension: Torsion bar

Maximum speed: 61.5 km/h (road) 30 km/h (off-road)

5 to 6 km/h (in the water)

Armor: max 10mm

Crew: 4 (driver, passenger, loader, gunner)

elevation/depression: +85 and -1

rate of fire: 100-120

ammo: 128 piece

source: http://real-j.mtak.hu/11715/1/Haditechnika_1993.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MT-LBu

for Rank IV
2b9 AMB-1

2b9 AMB-1:

PAM-1 sight specifications:
Indirect sight:
zoom: 2,5x
Field of view: 9o
Direct sight:
zoom: 3x
Field of view: 18o

2B9 mortar specifications:
range: 4270 m
velocity of the munition: 270 m/s
practical firing rate: 100-120 rounds per minute
recommended number of ammunition: 226 grenades
caliber: 82 mm
Aiming elevation: Horizontaly: ±30o
Vertically: -1o +85o
the weight of the weapon: 622 kg

Specifications for the 2B9 AMB:
Length: 6805 mm
Width: 2940 mm
Height: 2110 mm
Combat weight: 13,600 kg + 622 kg (the 2B9)
Crew: 3-4 people (driver, commander, loader/gunner and maybe plus one loader)
Vehicle armament: 2B9
Maximum speed: 65 km/h
Average speed on the road: 21.5 km/h
Features: Night vision, laser rangefinder, if implemented a computer which you could fire directly or indirectly with. A cumulative round with a great shrapnell effect, with a 100mm pen.

Specification for the BEKM-82 munition:
The length of the ammunition: 330 mm
The diameter of the ammunition: 82 mm
The weight of the ammunition: 3.1 kg
Starting speed 270 m/s from an automatic mortar
from a traditional mortar (3 discs) 210 m/s
Range from automatic mortar 4300 m
3200 m from a traditional mortar
Armor penetration: 100 mm at 90 degrees
Sources:
https://acr.army.cz/technika-a-vyzbroj/poz/zvv/ot-90-amb-s-210995/
https://mek.oszk.hu/12900/12993/pdf/12993_4.pdf
https://armamentresearch.com/soviet-2b9m-vasilek-self-loading-mortar/
https://podarilove.ru/hu/vasilek-2-minomet-vasilek/
https://haditechnikaiintezet.hu/fejlesztes/onjaro-automata-aknaveto-autonom-tuzvezeto-rendszerrel
https://haditechnikaiintezet.hu/fejlesztes/82-mm-repesz-kumulativ-aknagranat
http://real-j.mtak.hu/11406/6/HT_2013-6_teljes_red.pdf
https://makettinfo.hu/forum/image.php?img_id=208161&size=full#image_208161

Tas 80mm variant

armament: 29/44.M 80mm

weight: 36 600 kg

Engine: Two Weiss Manfréd V–8H 8-cylinder gasoline engine which make 520 hp / 382 kW

Speed: 44,5 km/h

Gears: 5-5

Armor: hull: UFP 75mm, LFP 75mm, nose plate 120mm, sides 50mm, rear 100mm and 75mm, top and bottom 20mm (we don’t know the frontal corners, could be 75mm, 120mm or 50mm)

turret: all around 100mm, top 20mm

Crew: 5 (Gunner, Loader, Commander, Driver, Machine gunner)

Height: 2700mm

Width: 3150mm

length: 6300mm

Sources: https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/hungary/44m-tas

http://real-j.mtak.hu/11729/1/Haditechnika_2008.pdf

http://real-j.mtak.hu/11727/1/Haditechnika_2006.pdf

Pancelvadasz.hu

https://www.facebook.com/hadtorteneti.muzeum/posts/pfbid024114nqgUHHXZUaX3A7yCvgZw8cUSerkS8CGnNneuZ8oCcqYjMMEvcZfKJuW7sx11l

And if nobody believes that the Tas had an 80mm gun planned.
The only remaining piece of the Tas, and you can see the 8 cm on the sight.

Nimród Sorozatvető

Specifications of the vehicle/carrier:

(Its chassis is the Nimród which is a Hungarian HEAVILY modified L-62.)

Place of origin: Hungary

Mass: There is not a data on it, could be around 8-9 tonnes.

Width: 2.31 m (7 ft 7 in) (maybe wider a little bit because of the frame where the tubes are located.)

Height: (Smaller than the Nimród with the turret, but for how much we dont know for sure, maybe the same size as the Lehel)

Crew: 2-3 (loader, driver and if three than a comander)

Armor: 6-10-13 mm

Main armament: 44.m Buzogányvető rocket launcher

Munitions: Buzogányvető with 1,75 kg TNT, and 2,32 kg TNT/nitropenta for anti-tank use, and Zápor with ~4-5 kg (9 pounds) of explosives for anti-infantry use. IT COULD CARRY 15-20 ROCKETS.

Engine: VIII EST 107, 8-cylinder, gasoline, water-cooled 150 hp (110 kW), (15,2 horsepower/tonne)

Operational range: 300 km (180 mi)

Sources: https://mek.oszk.hu/12900/12993/pdf/12993_2.pdf

https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/40M_Nimród

PSZH Malyutka ATGMs

Specifications:
Crew: 3+6 people
Weight: 7,6 tonnes
Armor: 14 mm welded steel
Primary armament: 14.5 mm KPVT machine gun
3 wire-guided 9M14 Malyutka ATGMs (MCLOS guidance)
Secondary armament: KGKT 7.62 mm machine gun
Engine Csepel: D-414.44 four-cylinder diesel engine
D-414.44 = 100 HP (74.57 kW)
Speed: on road (max.) = 81 km/h
Off-road (max.) = 45 km/h
In water (max.) = 9 km/h km/h
Sight: KM-1
elevation/deppression: +30o
-5o
The turret was hand cranked.
Features: the vehicle had TVN-2 infrared lights, like beside the 14.5mm machinegun (it had night vision equipment)

Sources:
https://haditechnikaiintezet.hu/fejlesztes/d-944-pancelozott-szallito-harcjarmu-pszh
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-442_FUG#Development_of_PSZH
https://military-technology.blog.hu/2020/10/02/a_raba_vp-tol_a_kf41_hiuzig
http://www.military-today.com/missiles/malyutka.htm
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1904633609695258&set=a.1286351141523511

for Rank V
BMP-1 BTR-80A

This a BMP with a BTR turret, This was made way before the BMP-1AM.

BMP hull – same as in game

BTR 80A turret – same as in game

Sources: https://forum.htka.hu/threads/a-magyar-hadero-lehetseges-fejlesztesi-iranyai.499/page-621

https://makettinfo.hu/forum/forszoveg.php?forumID=3&ID=16204#_

KTJ-04 Szöcske SZPG-9D

Length: 3620mm

Width: 1800mm

Height: 1800mm

Crew: 3 (driver, loader, gunner/commander)

Weight: 930kg + 59,5kg(SZPG-9D)

Engine type: turbo-diesel

Engine power: 58 kW

gears: 5+1

Max speed: 130 km/h

Ammo: we don’t know how much it could carry

Could penetrate 300mm-400mm or 550mm with tandem. It depends on the ammunition type it gets.

Sources: https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/SZPG–9

https://youtu.be/umfhds6bPEg?t=2219

https://karosszektabornok.blog.hu/2022/04/01/271_volt_egyszer_egy_ktj_szocske

for Rank VI
T-55A SZRP

T-55A Technical Data:
armament: primary weapon: 100mm D-10T-TS2
secondary weapons: 7.62mm PKT machinegun
DSHK 12.7 heavy machinegun
ammunition: 43 rounds
armour: 200mm - 20mm
Engine: V-55 500 horsepower
Transmission: 5 forward - 1 reverse gears
Maximum speed: 51 km/h (~32 mph) on road 27 km/h cross country (~17 mph)
Length: 6.2 m (9.0 m with gun forward)
Width: 3.64 m
Height: 2.35 m
weight: 38 tonnes
crew: 4 (driver, gunner, commander, loader)
features: night vision, two plane stabiliazer, NBC protection, infrared sight
Operational range: 325 kilometres (202 mi), 610 kilometres (380 mi) with extra tanks (on unpaved roads)
Two variants of the Hungarian ERA:
SZRP-L (which is lower in height, smaller one), at 0 o it reduces the penetration to 40% (800mm or less penetration), at 45 o it reduces penetration to 15% (800mm or less penetration)
SZRP-N (bigger one, normal thick one), at 0 o it reduces the penetration to 20% (800mm or less penetration), at 45 o it reduces penetration to 5% (800mm or less penetration)

Sources: https://mkk.uni-nke.hu/document/mkk-uni-nke-hu/1995_kulonszam.pdf
Hadtörténeti Múzeum Magyargencs
https://makettinfo.hu/forum/image.php?img_url=upload%2F200807%2F111928_76468_T55_magyar_reaktiv_potpancelhu3.JPG
https://makettinfo.hu/forum/image.php?img_id=269245&size=medium#image_269245
https://www.armyrecognition.com/russia_russian_army_tank_heavy_armoured_vehicles_u/t-55_main_battle_tank_technical_data_fact_sheet_pictures_video.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-54/T-55

T-72 CURRUS or T-72M

It’s a modernized T-72M1 (which we have in game), it has faster reload at 10 rounds per minute.

A better transmission.

Hungarian ERA with around 600mm of protection against chemical rounds, can reduce penetration by 70%. It has laser warning receiver. Better stabilizer.

“It had an automatic engine and gear control, which would have enabled the tank to turn around in one place. One track forward and the other one backwards. (actually, it would not have turned in one place, but with a turning radius of about 40 cm, since there is about that much gear difference between the single and reverse gears) I saw this in action, it was surprising what the T72 can do like that. The cooling fan would have been driven hydraulically, and until it had to turn on (low engine temperature) or in emergency mode when extra horsepower is needed, it would have given - or not taken away - approx. 90-100 HP, which is required for the fan drive. The engine would have been electronically regulated to always operate at optimum power and torque, taking into account consumption. The electronics would also have selected the gears, the driver only had to choose the direction of travel. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out.”

Sources:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100528155705/http://currus.hu/

https://web.archive.org/web/20080207041707/http://www.currus.hu/termeles/hadipari/fejlesztes/11/11.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20080207041701/http://www.currus.hu/termeles/hadipari/fejlesztes/10/10.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20010305220238/http://www.currus.hu/termeles/hadipari/fejlesztes/fejlesztes.HTM

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1066441900267151450/1122944438310805646/image.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1066441900267151450/1120059104963076137/image.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1066441900267151450/1120054667469131877/image.png

https://forum.index.hu/Article/showArticle?na_start=22188&na_step=30&t=9010902&na_order=

UAZ-469 Konkurs

Engine: 2010–2013 – 2,693 cm3 (2.7 L) 83.5 kW (112 hp)[1]

Transmission: 4-speed or 5-speed manual gearbox 2-speed transfer shift

Length: 4,025 mm (158.5 in)

Width: 1,785 mm (70.3 in)

Height: 2,050 mm (80.7 in)

Curb weight: 1,700 kg (3,747.9 lb)

Crew: 3 or 4 (Commander/gunner, Driver, loader)

Konkurs:

Mass 14.6 kg (32 lb) (Missile weight)

22.5 kg (50 lbs) (9P135 launching post)[4]

Length: 1,150 mm (45 in) 875 mm (34.4 in) without gas generator

Diameter: 135 mm (5.3 in)

Wingspan: 468 mm (18.4 in)

Warhead: 2.7 kg (6.0 lb) 9N131 HEAT

1PBN86-VI thermal sight

Sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9M113_Konkurs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UAZ-469

makettinfo.hu

UAZ-469 METISZ-M

UAZ-469:

Engine: 2010–2013 – 2,693 cm3 (2.7 L) 83.5 kW (112 hp)[1]

Crew: 3 (Commander/gunner, Driver, loader)

Metis-M:

Mass Missile in launch tube: 13.8 kg

Launcher: 10.2 kg (Metis-M),[4] 9.5 kg (Metis-M1)[5]

Thermal sight: 6.5 kg(Metis-M1)[5]

Length: 980 mm

Diameter: 130 mm

Warhead: HEAT tandem warhead,

Armor penetration: behind ERA: 800 mm (Metis-M), 900-980 mm (Metis-M1)

thermobaric anti-personnel/anti-material warhead is also available

1PBN86-VI thermal sight

Sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UAZ-469

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K115-2_Metis-M

https://makettinfo.hu/forum/forszoveg.php?forumID=582&first=3700#_

Mercedes-Benz G 270 CDI Metis-M

Mercedes-Benz G 270 CDI:

Length (mm): 4642

Width (mm): 1774

Height (mm): 1960

Own weight (kg): 2640 kg

Maximum climb with full load: 38°

Maximum speed (km/h): 156

Engine: 5-cylinder, 4-stroke, in-line, liquid-cooled, common-rail turbodiesel, electronic engine control

Engine power (kW): 115

Metis-M:

Mass Missile in launch tube: 13.8 kg

Launcher: 10.2 kg (Metis-M),[4] 9.5 kg (Metis-M1)[5]

Thermal sight: 6.5 kg(Metis-M1)[5]

Length: 980 mm

Diameter: 130 mm

Warhead: HEAT tandem warhead,

Armor penetration: behind ERA: 800 mm (Metis-M), 900-980 mm (Metis-M1)

thermobaric anti-personnel/anti-material warhead is also available

1PBN86-VI thermal sight

Sources:

https://honvedelem.hu/images/media/5f58c420e6c17989423363.pdf page 22

https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_G_270_CDI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K115-2_Metis-M

BMP-1 OWS-25

BMP hull, same as in game.

Turret and cannon:

Armament

Main: 25mm Oerlikon Contraves KBA and Stinger missiles (same autocannon as on the Dardo)

Coax: 7.62mm machine gun as a coaxial weapon

Smoke: 2x3 smoke grenade launchers

Ammunition Main: 140 HE rounds ready for use

60 AP rounds ready for use

Coax: 250 rounds ready for use

Crew: 3 (gunner, commander, driver)

Traverse: Electrically controlled 360 deg.

Elevation: Electrically controlled, Elevation range: -8 deg. to + 45 deg. Manual backup drive

Optics Main: Peritelescopic combined day / night sight

Supplementary: 6 vision blocks

Turret Weight 1000 Kg. (without the gunner)

Nominal aperture in vehicle deck Ø1067 mm

Height Above Deck 1000 mm.

Power supply 24 VDC

Sources:

https://web.archive.org/web/20081116230224/https://www.rafael.co.il/marketing/SIP_STORAGE/FILES/9/539.pdf

http://real-j.mtak.hu/11720/1/Haditechnika_1998.pdf at page 267

https://forum.htka.hu/threads/a-magyar-hadero-lehetseges-fejlesztesi-iranyai.499/page-621

https://forum.index.hu/Article/showArticle?na_start=22082&na_step=300&t=9010902&na_order=

GAZ-66 IGLA "Láma"

GAZ-66 truck:

General:

Produced: 1964-1999

Notable forcompact: 4x4 truck

Engine Type: V8 ZMZ 513

Fuel: gasoline

Power: 92 kW

Maximum Torque: 294 Nm

Dimensions:

Curb Weight: 3440 Kg

Wheelbase: 3.3m

Crew: 2

Height: 2,440 m

Length: 5,655 m

Width: 2,342 m

Ground Clearance: 0,310 m

Driving capacities:

Fuel Capacity: 210 L

Fuel Consumption: 24 L/100 km

Speed on Road: 95 km/h

Igla missile:

Mass: Missile weight: 10.8 kg (24 lb)

Full system: 17.9 kg (39 lb)

Length: 1.574 m (5.16 ft)

Diameter: 72 mm

Warhead: 1.17 kg (2.6 lb) with 390 g (14 oz) explosive

Detonation mechanism: Contact and grazing fuze

Engine: Solid fuel rocket motor

Flight ceiling: 3.5 km (11,000 ft)

Maximum speed: 570 m/s[3] (peak), about Mach 1.9

Guidance system: Dual waveband infra-red (S-version)

ammo: we don’t know how many it could carry, it can have SA-18 and SA-16 missiles

Sources: https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAZ–66

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K38_Igla

makettinfo.hu

Mistral Unimog

UNIMOG 435:

Technical Specifications:

Gearbox: 8-speed manual

Propulsion: Rear wheel drive with selectable all wheel drive

Vmax: 80–110 km/h (50–68 mph)

Fuel consumption: 20–22 L/100 km

Turning radius: 14,100 mm (46.26 ft)

Approach angle: 46°

Departure angle: 51°

Ground clearance: 440 mm (17+3⁄8 in)

Fording depth: 1.000 m (3.28 ft)

Rated power: 124 kW (169 PS; 166 hp)

Dimensions:

Wheelbase: 3,250–3,850 mm (128–151+5⁄8 in)

Length: 5.500–6,100 mm (1⁄4–240+1⁄8 in)

Width: 2,300 mm (90+1⁄2 in)

Height: 2,875 mm (113+1⁄4 in)

Kerb weight: 4.5–5.5 t (4.4–5.4 long tons; 5.0–6.1 short tons)

Mistral misslie:

Specifications:

Mass: 19.7 kg

Length: 1.86 m

Diameter: 90 mm

Effective firing range: up to 6 km 7+ km (Mistral-3)

Warhead: High Explosive with high density tungsten balls

Warhead weight: 2.95 kg

Detonation mechanism: Laser proximity or impact triggered

Engine: Solid Rocket Motor, 2-stage

Maximum speed: 930 m/s, approx. Mach 2.71

Guidance system: Infrared homing

Plus info:

ammo: 2+6, 2 already on the launcher and 6 in the vehicle (placed inside the hexagon openings) / can be Mistral 2 and Mistral 3 missiles

Crew: Can be 1 driver and 1 gunner or 1 driver, 1 passenger and 1 gunner (probably 3 crew would be better)

Ingame:

It would be a fast 4x4 with MANPADS, it would be similar to the Type 93. It does not get any other guns so maybe it could get scouting atleast.

Sources: https://www.flickr.com/photos/11974439@N05/44654310782/in/photostream/

https://www.reddit.com/r/shittytechnicals/comments/ty8wao/hungarian_army_mistral_manpads_mounted_on_unimog/

https://www.hmarzenal.hu/vedelmi-ipar/mistral-legvedelmi-raketa-rendszer.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistral_(missile)

https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistral#Mistral_rakéták_a_Magyar_Honvédségben

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unimog_435

UAZ-469 Fagot

UAZ-469:

Engine: 2010–2013 – 2,693 cm3 (2.7 L) 83.5 kW (112 hp)

Speed: 130 km/h

Crew: 3 (Commander/gunner, Driver, loader)

Fagot missile:

Penetration power: 400 mm or 600mm

Rate of fire: 3 rds / min

Muzzle velocity: 80 m/s (180 mph; 290 km/h) at launch

186 m/s (420 mph; 670 km/h) in flight speed

Effective firing range: 70–2,500 m (230–8,200 ft)

Warhead: High-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) warhead

Warhead weight: 1.7 kg (3.7 lb)

9P135M1 launcher, 22.5 kg,

Its got a thermal imager - 1PN65.

Sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UAZ-469

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K111_Fagot

http://www.armaco.bg/en/product/launchers-guided-missiles-c33/9p135m-launcher-p512

https://en.missilery.info/missile/concursm

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product1697.html

https://weaponsystems.net/system/549-9K113+Konkurs

http://www.makettinfo.hu/forum/image.php?img_url=upload%2F201102%2F1221115_85857_100_0290.JPG#image_216818

https://automdb.com/uaz/469/group_offroad_5d/257612

for Rank VII
KF-41 Híúz

KF-41 Híúz:

Mass: 50 tonnes

Length: 7.22 to 7.73 m (23 ft 8 in to 25 ft 4 in)

Width: 3.6 m

Height: 3.3 m (turret top on IFV)

Crew: 3 + 6/8

Armour Steel armour with various appliques

Main armament: Lance turret with 30 mm Rheinmetall MK30-2/ABM

Secondary armament: co-axial 7.62 mm light machine gun, smoke grenade launchers and optional Spike LR2 ATGMs or UAV launchers

Engine: 750hp (563kW)/1,140hp (850kW)

Transmission: Allison X300 Series (KF31) or Renk HSWL 256 (KF41) fully automatic

Suspension: Swinging arms with torsion bars and shock-absorbers

Maximum speed: 65–70 km/h

APS: AMAP-ADS

Sources: https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_(gyalogsági_harcjármű)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_(Rheinmetall_armoured_fighting_vehicle)#_Iraq

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMAP-ADS

Here are all the above mentioned vehicles in a tech tree format by me.

Hungarian ground forces

This is from my post that needs approval. I gathered and researched these. I have put sources on them and specifications. Feel free to use it, but if you do than atleast mention me.

I just want to help you with the Hungarian side of things, because I researched it thoroughly.

Also you can put in the modernised T-72 tank, which was modernised by CURRUS.
I made a post about it, so if you want more info you know where to look.

Now I just want to point out that there is a lack of Buzogányvető vehicles and 2b9 vehicles as well. ;)

Sorry for the long comment.

4 Likes

Love that you added the KF-41 and its SPAA version, which Hungary will use.

3 Likes

At rank III in the first line, more 2b9 vehicles could solve the problem of not having almost any vehicle there.

The 2b9 AMB should be around 5.3 or 5.0 range, it can not penetrate anything, it is a casemate and has slow shells. 6.7 is too much for it.

The Tas vehicles have too high br-s too. The Tas 75mm should be around 5.0 or 5.3.
The 80mm variant could penetrate around 130mm from 1000m. So around 160-170mm of armor penetration at 10m, which is not a lot.

4 Likes

I appreciate the vehicle ideas and I like your suggestion! I will start working on an update to this tree. I don’t have an issue with filling the tree up a bit more on top of the C&P. IMO a lot of these vehicles are historical to each nation and played a key role in their militaries even though they’re C&P. On top of that, more Hungarian vehicles can help out gaps in the tree that will likely form when all Ground trees are expanded with the inclusion of Rank VIII. Thanks for your feedback and ideas on BR changes. These changes will help the tree out and balance the transition from WWII-era vehicles to Cold War.

On the Tas itself, how does the armor compare with vehicles such as the Panzer IV or Panther?

2 Likes

Thank you for appreciating my help!
Yes I agree that they played a huge role in a nations history even though they are copy paste.

About the Tas. Its much, much more armored than the panzer IV and more armored than a Panther. Some people refer to it as a better armored Panther.
Also, interesting that you compare the Tas to the Panzer IV. Nothing wrong with that, its just that people usually just compare it to panthers and maybe other heavy tanks

The armor:

• Top/bottom: 20mm

• side armor: 50 mm at 60 degree and 50 mm at 90 degree (same on both sides)

• Upper and lower front plate: 75mm at 30 degree, around 150mm of armor

• nose armor: 120mm at 75 degree

• angled frontal corner pieces: Now this info is not known or its just really scarce, the only place I found info on them is on the website pancelvadasz.hu, where they say its 75mm

• rear armor: upper plate which is 100mm at 75 degree, lower plate which is 50mm at 50 degrees

• Turret: all around 100mm, and on the side probably at an 60 degree angle. Top is 20mm.

• Cupola armor is not known, maybe the info on it is not found yet, or it is hidden on the internet. Probably 100mm all around

Pictures about armor

Sources: http://real-j.mtak.hu/11727/1/Haditechnika_2006.pdf
A TAS 43. M. nehézharckocsi fejlesztése – 3.RÉSZ | pancelvadasz

Also the same armor applies to both variants.

I just want to say that I put the Tas specifications in my first reply.

If you need help or want to ask something regarding Hungarian vehicles, just ask me and I will happily reply.

Also the turret ring would be thick, but I did not find any info on it. And it has 5 forward and reverse gears which is way better than the panther reverse speed.

2 Likes

+1 As a Czech i have bias to see my nation in game but not as part of Russia TT. But this is a option of a central and easter EU TT. So it would be hard to choose between them.

5 Likes

+1 from me and I also think you did a very good job with that tech tree.

4 Likes

Well-known Main Battle Tanks of the V4 Group

The different nations in the V4 Group and their main battle tanks. It is worth noting that all 4 nations are undergoing modernization efforts which primarily includes new Leopard 2’s.

The Polish PT-91 Twardy.

The Czech T-72M4CZ.

A Hungarian Leopard 2A4HU.

A Slovak T-72M1.

Some new MBT procurements:

Czechia:

Click Here

A Leopard 2A4 of the Czech Army.

Slovakia:

Click Here

A Slovak Army Leopard 2A4.

Poland:

Click Here

A Polish Leopard 2PL, a modernization of the Leopard 2A4.

A Polish K2PL Black Panther, originally designed in the Republic of Korea.

A Polish M1A1 FEP, one of 3 Abrams variants the Polish Army will receive.

Hungary:

Click Here

A Hungarian Leopard 2A4HU next to a Leopard 2A7+ demonstrator which will be similar to the new Hungarian Leopard 2A7HU.

Additional Notes:

• The Hungarian military will be receiving the Leopard 2A7HU at the end of 2023.
4 Likes

If, for whatever reason, Poland can’t make it as an independent tree, I think this would be the most respectful and interesting way to add them. The real benefit in my opinion are the possibilities this opens for the member nations’ air trees. With four nations together, any concerns about whether these nations are viable for the game should be alleviated. Provisional +1

8 Likes

My only concern is if Gaijin would accept an alliance as an in-game tree. The only other way we could tweak it is if it was rebranded as a Polish-tree with the other nations as sub-tree’s.

3 Likes

Polish or Czechoslovakia…as both of us had pretty big Military/Weapon industry. Either way I want to have my Czechoslovakian vehicles in game so i can main them XD

2 Likes

I agree. I want to get Czechoslovakian (and successor nations) vehicles in-game. I’m quite curious on what our new nation at the end of the year will be.

3 Likes

Combining multiple nations into one makes OP combos, cheese have already seen combos from Sweden and Finland that have leopard more and better than germany.

Here is another OP where the holes of one nation are covered by others. Current nations don’t have this and others shouldn’t.

1 Like

Just because current nations don’t have multiple sub-trees doesn’t make it something that shouldn’t come to the game at all. It’s one thing to throw a bunch of nations together and call it a tree, but it’s another thing when you take the context of relations into play and have the historical backing (and relatable vehicles) to create a tree.

I think this argument is flawed because many people don’t look towards the future. Finland and Sweden are “OP” currently because they have multiple Leopards. However, they don’t have anymore MBT’s that can really be added beyond what’s implemented now while nations like Germany, the USA, and USSR have several other MBT, etc. that will surpass Sweden/Finland in the future. Sure it’s better than Germany for the time being, but Germany will receive several more versions of the Leopard 2. Giving Sweden what it has now makes it competitive against major nations. The only other thing they could do is maybe add Norway to shore up Sweden. On top of that, the British tree is more or less confirmed to be getting an Indian-subtree/vehicles while already having a South African-subtree so that will make it a nation with multiple sub-trees/nations that will likely cover Britain’s “gaps” which allows for room for trees such as this one.

4 Likes