The issue of "PVE" matches

Thanks and reported.

1 Like

When we as players buy premium content - we don’t just do it out of our own interest - but of course we also want to use our money to help our favorite free game. so that the game does not stagnate, but rather develops well with the help of money. of course also EC Sim…

why do I have to explain this?
Why do you think we paid money for premium content? we wanted to support the game financially. including Sim. Of course not anymore today

Yes, “in theory”

And That’s why I suggest don’t join such rooms as I said before.

Yes, PVP is what the Gaijin wish us to do, but do you remember why Gaijin finally removed heli PVP? Now it will happen on SB mode, as Gaijin nerfs the reward, There will be more and more players choosing to PVE instead of PVP, I mean PVP and PVE in this mode are both OK, they don’t conflict, the main issue is because Gaijin nerf the reward system too much. imagine when Gaijin nerfed the reward again.without these PVE players, how many rooms will left, then it will be like Heli PVP----because there are only a few of players who wants to play, so Gaijin closes it,

So people are only interested in rewards, not on the most fun gameplay ? Is this a job now ?

And for some farmers yes, it’s a job, I don’t mind, if they choose a job that consist on ruining my leisure, they’re not welcome

Farmer lobbies on top tier EC should be already well known since last 2-3 years of events.
Only one thing to do to fix it is to lower the award for damaging airbases or even remove possibility of damaging bases on top tiers EC. If the award for killing enemy plane would be bigger than single run and crash with rockets into airbase - them problem would not exist cause amount of PVP players would be always greater than amount of zombers farmers abusers.

1 Like

As someone who genuinely plays top tier strike aircraft like the Tornado Gr1 (and i dont play it due to any form of farming or grinding, I play it purely for fun/ Britain has nothing better at the moment) then this could be extremely unfair on anyone like myself who wants to attack these targets.

This though, I would agree on, Pure A2A jets like the Tornado F3 are extremely hard to break even on and part of the reason why I dont play it.

This though could be easily addressed. Some form of cap, so that you could only score points from damaging an airfield so much in a given time frame. Exceed that cap, and you earn nothing until you perform other actions. Would at least eliminate the bots. You could probably also create a system that auto-reports players with certain criteria, like high AF damage and large numbers of suicides or killed by AF deaths.

I would also add that also enemy plane kills while enemy plane is on ground should not give any score points - as botting mutlikills are also a “solution” to farm events on simulator EC.

1 Like

I think he meant Airfields and not Bases.

Ah, fair, though even then, being able to dump a bomb load on the AF if no other targets are available is incredibly handy. Not too mention the whole Module AF thing is designed to make AFs a legitamate target. Just needs to have some form of cap to deal with the botters.

Nobody really organizes these, and technically it is just a mutual agreement from both sides of the players (or at least the majority of the players) within that PvE lobby. Punishment may be imposed only if they intentionally team kill or grief other players (at least, this is how I understand it; do not quote me on this). I do not believe that a group of players opting to do predominantly PvE content in a lobby is punishable, but as mentioned by @Schindibee they do not have the right to force others who desire PvP to do only PvE too.

Furthermore, as far as I am aware, the issue about PvE lobbies is limited to the SA server and does not really affect the NA, EU, or CIS servers. During the event, I spent the majority of my time on the NA and EU servers playing air sim PvP with no issues at all.

2 Likes

But like, there is a point where this is collusion…

That’s what the issue with this REALLY is… Coordination between teams, to forgo the hostilities and avoid actively pursuing players.

2 Likes

I do not see any problem with this as long as players on both sides opt to focus on PvE willingly rather than being forced to do so. The air sim is a PvP mode with PvE elements, but there is nothing wrong with somehow every player in that lobby just happens to decide to fight some AI units instead. However, if some people enter the battle doing PvP and others force that player into PvE, here is where the issue arises (at least this is how I see it and do not quote me on this).

It is similar to how some players opt not to shoot down enemy nuke bombers during GRB matches, or how some players with stronger vehicles intentionally avoid killing a weaker enemy by actively forgoing hostilities and avoiding pursuing that particular enemy player. Are those players also a concern from your perspective?

1 Like

Agreed. The only difference between both sides doing mostly if not entirely PvE and a “PvE lobby” is when someone says something in chat. The former is not against the rules and the latter whilst technically being against the ToS is not all that bad. The moment though someone uses peer-pressure, threats, TKs or similar to force someone to engage in a PvE lobby then that is where something is very bad and a problem.

If I join a random match, in a Tornado Gr1, looking to exclusively bomb bases and avoid PvP through various tactics and someone happens to say “its a PvE lobby” even if I dont say anything but just continue to do what I was going to do before I joined. Am I now violating the ToS?

Whilst “PvE” lobbies are certainly a grey area. The biggest problem is people violating other areas of the ToS like being abusive or TK’ing to “enfore” it

2 Likes

That. As now stated repeatedly.

As you say, if I just “do my job” and bomb their bases, and don’t engage whatever enemy I spot on my way there, that’s perfectly fine. My job is to kill that base, and succeed to get home again to fly out again and bring the fight to the enemy in the method most suitable for my aircraft type.

If the other bomber, coming my way, is doing the same, fine! We both may continue onwards, happy we both came through without having to dogfight…

I wouldn’t even consider this PVE, but just a good tactic to survive.

But fine also, if the other guy tries to knock me out, or is actively hunting for me! Tornados got 9Limas, and it’s ok to use them if the situation arises.

2 Likes

Yep, generally the only other planes I encounter are those also performing CAS and sometimes I let them go as sometimes its not worth it, but others because I feel a shred of sympathy for them. Though if I come up behind a Su-39 or something that has drifted into my gun sight without any effort, then they are just asking for it.

But there are a few on here that still believe that kind of passive (none-PvP) behaviour should be punished, and that simply is not the case.

I’m glad to see that Gaijin has sensible moderators. you have understanding (also for PvE players) and weigh up topics. Thanks for that.

Now I have another question. The national lineups and AI units urgently need an overhaul in EC Sim.

Would it be okay if I started another topic describing these issues in detail?

3 Likes

I would start another topic on that. Its a big thing that really needs to be addressed

3 Likes

OK then I add my mustard.
giphy (3)

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but I do, and it contradicts the EULA…

Like, we can’t just join a random match and call on people to not kill the cappers, and merely have someone go back and forth off the cap, with an enemy coordinating to let us ‘farm’ points…

I really feel it breaches 3.2.4. No circumventing or manipulating use

2 Likes