PVE Lobbies in SIM EC

flying dr definitely forgot, I’d offer to share an idea I had for an off-shoot to war thunder but I don’t want the overlords to steal it and ruin it

The Objectives in sim exist to draw players in and create conflict. Even if your goal is purely to engage with the PvE objective, the enemy team now has a player target to hunt down. Consequently, your own team can reliably predict that an enemy fighter will show up over the PvE objective to hunt you down and thus, they can fly there to hunt the enemy hunting you.

This creates engaging gameplay, and some sense of immersion.

Another purpose of objectives is giving something to do in-between player-interaction.

Yet another purpose is training in a live environment. Hunting NPC bombers helps a lot in learning gunnery and becoming familiar with your guns while maintaining situational awareness that test flight doesn’t provide (and getting RP/SL for it.)

Without the objectives, it would just be a senseless/purposeless team deathmatch only different from air RB in controls and perspective and map size.

By applying the logic that bombing/NPC stuff existing means it’s PvPvE… we can go on and say that Dota2 and LoL are PvPvE as well since there’s neutral creeps and normal creeps and towers and bases to kill.

The sense of purpose created by the objectives and somewhat dynamic battle map is something even RB players wish for - and why I went to play sim myself.

1 Like

Exactly.

Or to simplify even further:

• Their job is to complete their objectives.
  • Your job is to prevent them from doing so.
  • And vice versa…
2 Likes

and if you removed PvE parts from Sim, you might as well remove most CAS aircraft from the game because they would no longer be playable. Sim is the last bastion where aircraft like the Tornado are actually “good”.

2 Likes

Personally think there’s nothing wrong with PVE lobbies, Gaijin is at fault making the events so tedious to grind without doing airfield rocket pods runs

1 Like

No.

You don’t play to play against bots…

It’s funny this sort of statement, because that’s prejudicing your own idea as anything worth stealing.

Both teams just happening to be in aircraft best suited for PvE and not a lot of PvP happening is fine. I think the issue comes when someone does join wanting to play the full PvPvE gamemode and gets nothing but abuse, TKs, etc. that’s when issues arise

The issue you’re highlighting is confronting a lobby full of players colluding to ‘grind’ passively.

It’s against the ToS to use an F111, Su24 or Tornado IDS to drop bombs on bases or other PvE targets?

I’ve never run into this - I’ve run into people who request PvE (and don’t get it) and that’s about it…

I have seen bombers bombing and bailing after they dump their bombs (not sure how the math works there) and I’ve seen MF’ers circling around on the runway but not recently.

I think I’ve seen arguments about PvE in the chat but I rarely look through all that when i’m in VR flying in Sim. I agree that would be problematic I just don’t see it ever happening.

Any PvE game I’ve been in has been turned into a PvP mode within 30 minutes of starting. You’d need a whole crew of 11 to 12 players, per side, to enforce a PvP game “negotiated”. And at that point you’re just playing against your own team of points rather than the other team.

1 Like

Yep, that’s my experience. The worst part is when people get angry at you for playing PvP, but there is nothing they can do against it and often they just quit. So the only annoying result is a really quiet lobby

No, but those who you refer to are those who call for PvE to be observed and TK anyone who doesn’t follow thier ‘rules’.

They request it, and more establish it as being the thing, so then everyone plays passively and avoids actual conflict.

I can highlight matches where there’s 10 people on one side, and 2 on the other. You don’t need the numbers you are mentioning to make a lobby ‘passive’.

If it were 10 to 2 and I didn’t have a wager which involved kills I would offer to go PvE until the teams evened out (if I were on the side with 10 anyway).

I’m not denying it’s ever happened, I’m denying it’s a “constant problem” in need of any more “solutions” (like useful actions).

Only time its “common” is during events and then anyone use to Sim can just farm kills on them all day long.

No… Seriously… There was a guy running a couple of bots on his consoles, and playing on his PC account, and was reliably running these lobbies, and peopel knew he was doing it so they’d join the side he was on to continue it…

Nope… Hard disagree… You were even in the thread where I pointed out this as being a problem because it even transpires to the battlepasses, so it’s not just the events anymore.

1 Like

I play this game to try to have fun, no other game compares to it’s simplicity and content, having PvP forced down your throat is not fun, and gaijin’s “PvE” modes are half-assed and just another way to push people into PvP.

Nothing is forced down your throat…

1 Like

Agree. But people asking for PvE are not asking for better AI, better dynamic campaign, etc … BTW, those things would be cool in PvPvE too.

I am

Yes, but you are almost alone, people asking for PvE is mainly this, except that in the forum they are not that honest:

2 Likes