Poll: Should War Thunder Add More Tech-Tree Vehicles to Japan, Sweden, Italy, and Israel?

Without Hungarian vehicles Italy turns from good nation to “well, there are some good tanks, I’ll play them in X years”.

2 Likes

Both Hungary in the Italian tree and Thailand in the Japanese tree are great additions, but I think they only make up for the delay in expanding the trees so far. Italy needs other European countries sub-trees, and Japan needs other Southeast Asian countries sub-trees to continue adding vehicles.

1 Like

I like the Hungarian additions and I have the premium planes.
I am British and I feel that British vehicles should be given priority over foreign versions just as they are in any other main tech tree but we do have plenty of options in the UK in most areas except maybe lower tier SPAA.
We also have the Commonwealth get put clause.

I just wondered what alternative Italy should have used instead of the Hungarian vehciles.

If they even add vehicles from these nations…
Maybe we get another Russian TT instead of a Thai one - just like Finland and Hungary.
Or like Taiwan for China - all American vehicles.

2 Likes

Israeli tree is such a mess I wonder why they even went for it.

1 Like

How interesting (no).

There are no alternatives.

BeNeLux would have offered way more uniqueness, including a VERY, VERY big navy, with submarines.
They also have stealth fighters, UMV’s (unmanned vehicles), large submarine navy, helicopter TT with unique helicopters.

And they have the possibility to get Surinamese, Congolese and Indonesian (since Indonesia fought on our side against the Japanese on our colonial ground, waters and air) sub-TT.

So:
Csaba: Italy is basically the home of armed cars so i don’t think it needs much explenation. (examples: AB42 , AB 43 , AB 41 )
Turan I: Basically a worse P40 IMO, so Different versions of the P40
Zrinyi II: Any M43
Turan III: Skoda T21
2S1: M55, maybe too advanced, so M109 does the job anyway
BTR80: italy is full of IFV and lightly armored vehicles non italian or italian and this are just examples, there are other vehicles aswell
For top tier i don’t have anything to say about them, we all know the lackness of ariete even thos it’s not perfectly modeled… sure in future the C2 and KF51 could replace the hungarians, but for now i can only suggest some OF40 and ariete versions. Only the KF41 kinda sucks and could be replaced by any freccia version.
I have no issues with premiums…

It’s kinda rushed but i gotta eat, maybe later i’ll fix it a little

oh and SPAA wise: Nicho's new and improved Italian SPAA line for Italy

3 Likes

I just wonder how the process went.

So somebody suggests a tech tree for a particular nation and somebody else suggests you would never be able to implement a full tech tree either in WW2 , post WW2 or modern day.Even Germany struggles in the early cold war period for obvious reasons.

But they went for it anyway.Now its a mess of gaps and Copy paste all round.

???

This is so true all these tech tree are in need of more content. One of the ways to fix it is to add sub trees to some of the tech trees

2 Likes

I’ve talked to some people inside of Gaijin. They stated there is a lack of vehicles.

Meanwhile the big proposed TT with full documentation and pictures contains over more then 500-600 vehicles from which 70% is completely unique.

This is without adding sub-TT’s.

2 Likes

Definitely. Sweden, Italy, and Japan still lack tech tree heavies, and the Swedish air tree needs significant improvements as well.

1 Like

The issue we have is at WW2 levels we just have a game where its the same tanks on both sides. T34 VS T34 ,Sherman vs Sherman etc etc . We now have KV1 spam so it’s getting worse not better.M109 has flooded the 6BR game and made the Old tanks redundant due to one shot kills.Just bad for the game.

As an older player this is the kind of 80s rubbish we had to endure where all the tanks were the same shape on both sides. I would have thought the whole idea of a war game in 2024 was to celebrate the diversity and identity of each nation and the specific way they went about things historically.

Maybe young developers neither know nor care? War Thunder was good but its 12 years old .New video game makers seem to have no clue across the board these days and it seems like Gaijin devs are of the same breed now.

Lets not forget Japan air which only received 8 TT planes in the last 5 years.

2 Likes

I think we are all baffled by the gaps we have in tech trees and how the updates roll by and still nothing is done.War Thunders priorities seem very different from the player’s expectation.

1 Like

We have no influence on what Gaijin will bring next or what Gaijin will do, so this topic is a waste of time.

If you ask about Hungarian vehicles in general:
Yak-9P alternatives are already presented (Pastabolt, G.55s);

IL-10 idk the closest would be SM.93 imo, but it should probably be a bit lower br;

Tu-2S I don’t think there is any alternative in general to this monster (Br.1150 can be close enough, at least br wise, though its kinda specific since it’s maritime bomber);

IL-28 there isn’t any Italian jet bomber of similar capabilities, early variants of advanced trainers (S.211, MB-326B, G.82, T-33) can provide some “bombers” experience but not at the same degree of course;

MiG-15bis alternatives are already presented in a form of single engine G.91s, CL-13 mk.4, F-84s + advanced trainers can come, already mentioned + MB-339A;

MiG-17PF well, we have Aerfers and F-86K + more Aermacchi variants can be added for these brs: MB-326G, MB-326K;

Su-22M3 we have just received an alternative in a form of early A-200A (Tornado IDS);

MiG-21MF, MiG-23MF and MiG-21bis-SAU - Italian alternatives are F-104s variants) ;

MiG-29 Italy can get another leased variant of F-16 (F-16B for example);

JAS39EBS C HU just give F-16ADF its actual weapons;

Csaba there is a ton of different guntrucks and armored cars at this rank;

Turan I there are still some alternatives like P40 prototypes, though it’s a nice tank for sure;

Zrinyi II Bassotto is the alternative, though it’s as well a cool vehicle, unique and adds variety;

Turan III there are alternatives but they are rather boring and already represented (Shermans and Pz.IVG);

2S1 Italy used multiple US made SPHs + has its own M109L variant (for higher brs also Palmaria and PzH 2000);

BTR-80A - similar role vehicles can be C-13 T25 and Fiat 6616;

T-72M1 - well there isn’t any similar MBT, with actual armor, although at this era some other tanks can be added (M60A1 Rise (P); Leopard I Thetis, OF-40 Thetis);

Leopard 2A4HU - around these brs OF-40 mk.3 and Leonardo M60A3 can be added;

KF-41 it’s quite meh honestly, alternatives can be OWS 30 equipped Dardo, Freccia and VBA;

Leopard 2A7HU - AMV PT2, Ariete Hitfact mk.2, Centauro 2, though they aren’t on the same level in terms of armor;

ZSU-57-2 idk, quite specific vehicle, in terms of SPAAGs of the same era there can be M113 AA variants equipped with HS820, 25/80 Oerlikon or double Rh220;

ZSU-23-4 there is an interesting truck with 20 mm Vulcan cannon - Iveco M320 Porcupine and OF-40 PRTL;

Tigris - there could be another Tiger tank which was used by Italians for training or captured Churchill, although Tigris is objectively cooler, on the other hand the decision to place it behind paywall is weird for me, this tank should’ve been one of the most attractable of Hungarian line, while there still could be a premium alternative in a form of Hungarian IS-2;

Ok, so now when it’s over, I should say that I like the idea of the addition of Hungarian stuff, it helps with some issues of the Italian TT, gives a choice, complements line-ups, but the implementation is very very poor, too much unnecessary copypaste, already mentioned Tigris situation, almost no Romanian vehicles, which are significant part of Hungarian-Romanian subtree idea, a lack of attention to details (most of vehicles copypasted don’t even have own models, 2A4HU could be a bit different with its smoke grenades placement, ZSU-23-4 has basic model instead of export variant used by Hungary ZSU-23-4V1).

I would also like to mention my theoretical TT with a use of Italian, Hungarian and Romanian vehicles (not everything included though, vehicles which are already added are presented).

PS btw Gaijin’s staff always say that subtrees additions don’t come instead of the tree owner nation vehicles, just saying.

2 Likes

Turan III is honestly awesome, a long 75 and reverse gears… truly beautiful. I might grind out at least a bit of italy to get it tbh lmao

3 Likes

Very nice post indeed. Plenty to look forward to there if it can be done.
As a non Italian I have to say I enjoy playing Italy during the WW2 era .

For some reason we get into too much into the Nationalism with smaller nations presuming they are only championed by patriots of that nation but its not true.
I play all the nations. I enjoy that they are all different and I would maybe take the gaps over the copy paste if it preserves the identify of the nation.So if a nation like Japan or China never went much for tanks at a certain time then so be it. If they didn’t use heavies then OK.

Sweden is a fine example of a Nation that didn’t go for big heavy tanks much during the WW2 years and and we should respect that. We only have a need for them really to fulfill the Battle pass which is a shame.The Swedish King Tiger really seemed a bit sad and desperate as most copy paste does.

1 Like

We literally have finland that used KV-1s, and the Kranvagn/Strv K for post-war heavies. Japan has the O-I- they really have no excuse for not adding at least one tech tree heavy for each tree. Italy is more difficult, true, but they could add the P.43 or reclassify the P.40 as a heavy tank.

As long as every nation has a tech tree heavy that is at least Rank III+ it is fine.

1 Like