Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

Germany trialed the F-15B, so there’s that.

No, Germany cannot.

You can’t have a subtree without it being a separate line. By definition, a sub tree has to be a separate line.

With the ZA Gripen being added to UK, without a dedicated sub-tree, I could see Germany getting a similar treatment with the Swiss or perhaps another country for the sake of balance. Britain has ZA and Australia (Beaufort and Beaufighter) in their air tech tree, without either being a dedicated sub-tree, that is precedent.

Technically there is no specific definition of this.

Gaijin creates the rules as the game develops.

4 Likes

SA is a sub-tree and all their vehicles will go to the UK. They have a dedicated ground line(and in turn a sub-tree).

Well, Australia is not and their vehicles will go wherever.

Britain )))

The South African sub tree is its own line.

1 Like

Yeah in ground tt

Yes.

South Africa has been a sub tree nation for the British for some time now. They don’t have a whole dedicated air line because there is simply not enough space (or really dedicated aircraft) to warrant having a whole air line just for South Africa. So no new rule was really made or broken here.

For the early ranks, a lot of the aircraft SA would use anyway are already in the tree. So there would be too much duplication where its just not required.

13 Likes

The Beaufort and Beaufighter are British aircraft, so the Australian versions of them would belong in the British tree regardless of whether or not Australia is a sub nation of Britain (which it isn’t).

They don’t have a single SAAF aircraft apart from the Gripen. Gaijin can just add a Swiss subtree for Germany without creating a dedicated research line and instead simply adding their vehicles as fillers for both air and ground.

A tree is something like a ground tree or air tree, with each line within these trees being a sub tree. Therefore, by definition, in order for something to be considered a sub tree, it needs to have its own line.

1 Like

Then Argentinian JF-17 because they considered it :))

I would rather not.

if it was impossible to have r73’s on the mig-29g, then we can keep an open mind :)

It wasn’t, though. The R-73 was very much used by both German MiG-29s in real life.

well then my skim of this discussion was wrong. i could have sworn somebody said that the germans never had the r-73’s. apologies

Germany never had R-27Ts or Es.