Lets talk about the state of Germany

How are those going to provide an equivalent to an MBT? Seems like you’re the one ignoring that.

And this changes exactly nothing.

This changes a lot actually, i.e it makes the props irrelevant. Newer players will almost certainly not start with an independent Switzerland (they will go for either Germany or US), meaning they will learn to fly with those nations.

At that point it isn’t a sub-tree, at that point it’s a bunch of foreign and unrelated stuff thrown in that is still not so necessary when taking into account German trialed vehicles.

Man, it’s almost as if you just don’t want Germany to receive anything competitive lmao. Germany trialed very early variants (fx; F-15B, no AMRAAM capabilty, no CM’s etc). We’ve already progressed past those with this patch, Switzerland has what Germany needs for the future to be put it bluntly.

It wouldn’t make it any different to the Finnish sub-tree anyways, how many vehicles do they have that they actually developed? Or the Hungarian sub-tree?

1 Like

Let’s see here. Oh, wait they both have a full line in the tech tree dedicated to them.

1 Like

Last I checked it isn’t about “lines” and what-not, it’s about filling in the gaps a tech tree has, and future proofing them (doesn’t it remind you of JAS-39C?). However, you are free to provide the post where they said that sub-tree = 5th line in TT.

completly different, switzerland doesnt have vehicles above 10.0, that aint enough

You’re just strawmanning that now. The point was about native vehicles, how many do those two have?

Finnish ground sub-tree has got none, nor do their air sub-tree.

What about Hungary? Oh, 4 vehicles total.

So native.

There is no SA Air Sub-tree.

1 Like

So no problem just adding switz planes to germany as well, doesnt need to be a sub air tree

No, because sub-trees aren’t dedicated tank lines. Sub-tree are strange lines of various types of vehicles.
Else we might as well ignore the vast majority of the ZA sub-tree, no?

So what if new players wouldn’t be more likely to pick Switzerland over ‘major’ countries? People can switch??

As if Gaijin is beyond adding ahistorical loadouts or airframes, I’m sure the Japanese have a lot of documentation on the AJ.
Even if we ignore that it is still a big boohoo moment if Germany lacks in a single category of their tree and lacking is very, very relative since they have some of the most capable airframes such as MiG-29.

That very much depends on what one considers local development.
I for one think Hungary is finely represented while Finland is lacking a fair amount of stuff atm.

1 Like

They’re saying there’s no air-line cus SA hasn’t got enough dedicated aircraft to make one, but would have if they had.

Smin said so himself, no new rule was made or broken.

tl;dr, you made it up that 5th line is sub-tree dedicated lol.

Such at the Pz.87 that would automatically sit at 10.3 and the upgrades to it…?

1 Like

Literally in the same sentence he said there’s no space…?
5 lines is the current limit because of game/engine limitations, it’s not some made up argument xd

1 Like

Did you skip this in the Simn quote?

“Not enough space for one.” Let’s see what UK air got that makes it so there is not enough space? oh, wait 5 lines.

Switzerland yet again bringing out the goofiest of arguments.
If Switzerland doesn’t become independent then it should be shared between France and Germany.

Because it going only to Germany just because doesn’t make sense. Especially because it would lock France from getting vehicles that would fill gaps otherwise extremely hard to fill.

Like just because I’m asking for Swiss ground vehicles for France doesn’t mean I’m opposed to Swiss air vehicles for Germany. But getting resistance means I’m going to be resistant to Swiss vehicles going to Germany like the Mirage IIIS.

2 Likes

Surely the Finnish aviation sub-tree must be stuffed with unique aircraft in order to be added and it doesn’t have anything to do with space /s

How do you know that ?

1 Like

That’s just special pleading. Those lines do not have to be full of MBTs, because they serve to support the entire TT. In case of Switzerland being independent, what would those vehicles be supporting between the Pz.61/68 and Pz.87?

A whole lot of nothing.

So what if new players wouldn’t be more likely to pick Switzerland over ‘major’ countries? People can switch??

Then you get a tech tree that is unpopular (see Israel). Switzerland makes sense being a sub-tree.

Even if we ignore that it is still a big boohoo moment if Germany lacks in a single category of their tree and lacking is very, very relative since they have some of the most capable airframes such as MiG-29.

Ah here we go, that’s what I was waiting for. You’ve completely forgotten the original point I presented, haven’t you?

"German air TT is basically DOA as of today, while MiG-29G is still good, give or take ~6 months and it will be power creeped (I mean, it already is with Su-27…)."

1 Like

Tell me again, what low tier stuff got added this update?

Too little

2 Likes

I haven’t, but it’s clear that they’re not opposed to adding SA aircraft (sub-tree vehicles don’t have to sit in a separate line after all). BT-42, or Bosvark or Jas-39C prove it.

Same would happen with Swiss aircraft, they would simply be added after the F-4F and other jets in the line.

It’s unsurprising that low tier stuff gets skipped out in a top tier dedicated update that isn’t representative of the general picture…