Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

South Africa has been a sub tree nation for the British for some time now. They don’t have a whole dedicated air line because there is simply not enough space (or really dedicated aircraft) to warrant having a whole air line just for South Africa. So no new rule was really made or broken here.

For the early ranks, a lot of the aircraft SA would use anyway are already in the tree. So there would be too much duplication where its just not required.

13 Likes

The Beaufort and Beaufighter are British aircraft, so the Australian versions of them would belong in the British tree regardless of whether or not Australia is a sub nation of Britain (which it isn’t).

They don’t have a single SAAF aircraft apart from the Gripen. Gaijin can just add a Swiss subtree for Germany without creating a dedicated research line and instead simply adding their vehicles as fillers for both air and ground.

A tree is something like a ground tree or air tree, with each line within these trees being a sub tree. Therefore, by definition, in order for something to be considered a sub tree, it needs to have its own line.

1 Like

Then Argentinian JF-17 because they considered it :))

I would rather not.

if it was impossible to have r73’s on the mig-29g, then we can keep an open mind :)

It wasn’t, though. The R-73 was very much used by both German MiG-29s in real life.

well then my skim of this discussion was wrong. i could have sworn somebody said that the germans never had the r-73’s. apologies

Germany never had R-27Ts or Es.

I will concede my defeat.

Although my point was mainly that other nations vehicles can appear in a tech tree without a dedicated sub-tree, not that ZA or Aus should/do have an air sub-tree.

same as Canada ADATS(M113)
plans always change

1 Like

the MLA did not have MLD countermeasure dispensers either. Nor was there ever a single Aim9J in the Luftwaffe inventory.

But they are technically possible (GJ standard) and in order to have implemented a call for game balance must established. These two elements must be met to supersede historical accuracy.

5 Likes

I know. I was never saying that Germany shouldn’t have those.

2 Likes

Oh I wasn’t following the conversation. I thought we were just listing things they did not have lol.

And followed up with clarfication that technical possibility is not the only element that needs to be established to get A Historical weapon systems etc. in.

ARHs I’m rumoring for next major update: AIM-120B, AIM-120C-1, R-77, R-77-1, MICA EM, PL-12.
I’m omitting AAM-4 as that’d be wishlist.

There was a fairy named Nuff. Fairy Nuff.

2 Likes

With the introduction of the AAM-3, we may very well start seeing more indigenous Japanese missiles in game (I am still waiting for the AAM-1 and 2).
EDIT: The R-77 is already an AIM-120C equivalent, with the R-77-1 being more akin to an AIM-120C-7 equivalent, so I very much doubt we’d see that any time soon.

AV-8B+ and swedish JAS 39 Gripen A & Gripen C armed AIM-120B

AAM-4 for JASDF 4th generation fighter aircraft

Yak-141 armed R-77 only but MiG-29SMT (9-19) access R-77 & R-77-1

I guess gaijin might consider armed AIM-120C-1 on F-16C Block 50 (USAF), F-16A Block 15 MLU (Italian Air Force) and F-16A Block 20 MLU in 2024

Gaijin add 1st gen semi-active radar homing & infrared Air-to-Air Missile ?

I believe MiG-29SMT (9-19) access R-77-1

R-77 and PL-12 close to AIM-120C-3 or AIM-120C-5 ?

We do not have JF-17, nor will we have one. The fighter has been confirmed to be the F-16.

2 Likes