New Romanian additions: OSA-AKM

I’m very happy to see the first SACLOS SAM in the Italian tech tree as well as the first ground vehicle under Romanian flag!

So far it doesn’t have researchable camouflages, but I hope we will see them on release.

Spoiler

unknown-2
unknown-7
unknown-6

Would be also cool to see the addition of Romanian camouflages to other vehicles in the Italian tech trees, which were also in service of Romanian Army, for example 2S1 and ZSU-57-2 under Hungarian flag.

Although the addition of Romanian OSA-AKM is nice, the presence of Romanian in War Thunder is very limited, despite a lot of potential, just a few examples of already suggested vehicles:

Spoiler

TR-77M1

TR-85M1

TACAM R-2

TACAM T-60

MLI-84 - the original variant of Romanian IFV

Zimbru 2000

MiG-21 LanceR - The Multinational Fishbed

MiG-29 Sniper - modification for Romanian Air Force

Romanian Coastal Sub-Tree

IAR-317 "Airfox"

IAR 330L Puma - a great attempt after I.A.R.316 for an attack conversion

I.A.R.330 Puma SOCAT - antitank modernisation program

Also there are at least a few vehicles of Romanian origin which can be readded to Italian tech tree:

Can’t miss the chance to post my theoretical full Italian air and ground tech trees with Hungarian and Romanian subtrees:

Spoiler

Theoretical full Italian Ground Forces tech tree

Waiting for more Romanian vehicles/modifications and skins for already represented vehicles!

10 Likes

Really hope this means italy will get romania as another subtree down the line kinda wish we got them instead of hungary since hungary lacks in air so much

1 Like

IAR 93 would be my little baby, i already have the full Romanian line up so looking forward to more to come.

1 Like

This gives me lots of hope for future Romanian-Italian cooperation. I’d also like to shill my first (of many) individual Romanian boat suggestions: NMS Ion C. Brătianu: King of the Danube

1 Like

now you can hate me for this but in the future this could open up to allowing italy to get romanian Gerpard 1A2? in the future to replace or atleast help the Sidam Mistral

To be honest, Gepard could be nice addition to SIDAM

Romania didn’t have 1A2, but they had its own similar Gepard variant, called Gepard-R, it was equipped with CA-94M missiles (improved variant of Strela-2 AAM).

Spoiler

Integrarea rachetelor sol-aer cu bataie apropiata cu tunurile antiaeriene de calibru mic – o cale de crestere a eficacitatii - Romania Military

I think it will be cool to get it, I hope they won’t copypaste the Gepard without missiles though and add OF-40 PRTL instead.

4 Likes

Yes. The comment above +1

Hope gaijin takes this as an act of laziness and does not try to dump more Romanian vehicles to Italy. They still have not included any Hungarian aircraft, nor bothered to add a tech tree Tiger or Panther or any Hungarian modified Russian vehicle.

Finish your plate Gaijin before filling it up again.

4 Likes

I don’t see this in the changelog which is odd. Is there also an OSA in the Soviet and German trees? Also 10.3 seems super low BR especially when the Rolands are the same BR.

Yes Germany and Russia also have it, and it is more of a sidegrade to Rolands and especially Streal,

The asrad is also 10.3, which is pretty close to the osa, you just trade speed for range, the issue is that the roland should probably go down to 10.0 as the french one already is 9.7

Well the missiles are pretty much the same as those on the Tor are they not? Haven’t had a chance to get on the Dev server to try them out but 9M331s are developed from the 9M33M3s

Nope.

1 Like

Not even close, they pull 25gs, the max speed is 580m/s and the max range is 10.5 km, for comparation the bolide also pull 25g, the max speed is 700m/s and the range is 9 km, they are pretty close in performance.

1 Like

The 9M33M3 has 6x the explosive mass of the BOLIDE at over 8kg, and the BOLIDE pulls 15g.

it pulls 25gs, again, they are pretty similar in terms of performance.

1 Like

It’s cool to see Romanian vehicles, I am just so disappointed that the only way Italy gets a new SPAA is for it to be Russian (or a Russian export). Literally all Gaijin would have to do to fix Italian SPAA at top tier would be to move the SIDAM 25 Mistral to 9.3, move the OTOMATIC to 10.7, add the B1 Draco at 11.0-11.3, and add Grifo for 12.0. Half of those changes involve only changing BR, the B1 Draco is basically just a modified OTOMATIC turret on a B1 Centauro chassis, and the Grifo is the only fully-unique vehicle (in terms of what’s in the game currently).

1 Like

Yes. Gaijin lazily added an unnecessary ZSU-23 and 57 to the Italian tree where tons of possible domestic vehicles are available.