Needs and potential of the French tree during "Kings of Battle"

If you’re reading this I appreciate the time your giving to see my thoughts on the matter.
With the current leak being spread around that shows that France is potentially getting nothing meaningful for the coming December update, I figured I would both expand and consolidate together the lists I’ve already made for vehicles that I’ve been asking for into something better.

Where it turned into such an involved process that it completely feels out of place as a simple wishlist post. You could call it a cope post, I like to think of it as having drive to contribute more so Escargot hopefully gets a better idea of we want instead of going back to getting either nothing or copy paste.

I would like for this to be part my cultivating contribution to the French player base.
Where France could become something close to how fleshed out the more developed trees are if most not even all are added. Everyone keeps pushing Top tier, but neglect what can be added for low and mid tier which is what the majority of the player base plays as well.

Also, check out these other posts if you haven’t yet:

Going into this, I split the lists of vehicles into:
•) Main Battle/ Medium Tank
•) Light Tank/ Tank Destroyer
•) Light Reconnaissance
•) Heavy Reconnaissance
•) SPAA
•) Swiss vehicles

Then I decided to take 2 of each that I decided to call Keystones, where they would be what the rest of the tree is built off of. Hopefully they’re satisfactory and if anyone makes a reasonable suggestion as to why a certain vehicle would be more appropriate I’d be more then happy to update it. Hopefully as well, the structure I chose is easy to read and understand.
•) Example (Prefered placement 1 or preferred placement 2)

Main Battle Tank Keystones

•) Leclerc Tropicalisé/EAU (Tech Tree)
Specifically so it can replace the AZUR. The Tropicalisé is built off of the SXXI as a base, rather then what the AZUR is in game which is a downgrade as a S2. This would allow for the AZUR to be added to the S2 and SXXI as an armor modification.

•) Leclerc “Ares” Prototype (Pack premium or Squadron)
This Leclerc specifically because it won’t be an 11.7 premium or just another artificially nerfed vehicle. It can also start to build France a BR between 9.7 and 11.7.
3NMhkUx

Light Tank Keystones
•) SK-105A3 (Tech Tree or Squadron)
Specifically because it’s a good end for the legacy of the AMX-13 to lead into top tier vehicles.
wnkxclsx44rb1

•) Panhard Sagaie II (Tech tree or Premium)
A potential rat vehicle only held back by its 90mm. But it’s mobility makes it a capable vehicle to progress the AMX-10RC.
6d658ce382a7e79523a31d99c0653564

Light Reconnaissance Keystones
•) VBL Mk3 (Tech tree)
Specifically because it’s an introduction to the Akeron system built on one of Frances workhorses and can serve as an introduction to the system. I couldn’t find any specific info on how many missiles are stowed but I imagine it would be 4-6+1 shots, it might not seem like much but it being so small will make it an effective recon vehicle.
47FAE878-48D9-4B9B-9CBE-C9DD0776DD4F_0
https://www.arquus-defense.com/newsroom/news/arquus-presents-new-vbl-mk3-idex-2023

•) VBL HOT/ATM (Tech Tree)
It can carry HOT-3’s without adding them to the Mephisto which would increase its BR. While being able to carry 2 missiles, one launcher can be replaced with either a 20mm or 30mm. It should be able to carry 4-6 spares like other VBL’s.
vbl-hot-atm-small-and-deadly-ifv-like-danger-car-v0-28geklbsl6ia1

Heavy Reconnaissance Keystones
•) EBRC Jaguar (Tech Tree)
Because it’s the EBRC Jaguar, the Pinnacle of French recon vehicle design. The CT-RW and VBL Mk3 are parts to the system that is the Jaguar.
Jaguar_EBRC_6x6_Reconnaissance_and_Combat_Armoured_Vehicle_France_French_army_defense_industry_925_001

•) Vextra 105mm (Tech Tree)
While I’m aware that the Vextra POLE would be considered more appropriate for top tier and I’m not arguing against it. I consider the TML with the 105mm a more important addition that’s necessary for the health of the tree.
vextra_105

SPAA
There’s not much to currently add especially as a keystone vehicle, but there’s still a few to be added
•) AMX-10RAA (Tech Tree)
France feels lacking in advanced gun systems for the reason that it felt like a dead end to French military doctrine. There are still a few modern options like this that were being developed up until the end.
ob_63f0b9_img-5774.thumb.JPG.d3c30ccbd584f9142d28b1a38fee1f89

•) Thales RAPIDFire (Tech Tree)
With the introduction of the CT40, it created an unexpected return to gun based Air defense for France. Compared to its predecessors it brings cutting edge smart ammunition that would make it potent in its role.

The Swiss Connection
•) Panzer 87 WE Prototype (Squadron)
It’s a definitely Controversial ask, but would be a nice to have to complement the Leclerc “Ares” to potentially develop the 9.7-11.7 gap. We could live without it, but could develop France to be the best possible tech tree it can be.
o4ZqhEi (1)

•) Panzer 58 (Premium)
A solid replacement for the current premium AMX-30, which can then be foldered under the 20mm AMX-30 to further develop the BR.

•) Mowag Shark Trinity (Tech Tree or Premium)
A capable gun SPAA that fills a similar role to the RAPIDFire except on a more capable platform.

Other Vehicles
Prepare for a long list
•) VAB CT-RWS (Premium or Tech Tree)
The test bed for the CT40 gun that is used by modern French recon vehicles. It could serve as an introduction to the CT40 system.
EE0ahJuW4AEe6gx

•) AMX-10RC TML (Premium or Squadron)
Something in between the AMX-10RC and Vextra. It being in game as a either premium or Squadron will make the tech tree bring it’s best in a quick to approach manner.

•) Vextra POLE (Tech tree)
This feels like it belongs close to the EBRC Jaguar. The 120mm and autoloader on a light tank would be a potent combination for situations where the CT40 and Akeron would have trouble.
vextra 10

•) AMX-10RCR T40 (Tech tree or Premium)
A budget EBRC Jaguar that can be added to fill a similar role at a lower BR.
axrpjau9az841

•) VBL Milan & TOW (Premium or tech tree)
Both are valid but redundant to each other as well as the other VBL’s, the Milan especially to the AML-20.
VBL_TOW_France_01
VBL_MILAN

•) VBL Kernet-E (Premium)
The skill issue VBL that Russia lost because of the Invasion of Ukraine that France reclaimed. It has the same missile as the BMP-2M with 4 spares. Russia gets our thermals we get their missiles, perfectly balanced.

http://www.maquetland.com/article-phototheque/2532-vbl-kornet-e

•) AML-20 Milan (Premium or Tech Tree)
A good vehicle that lost out to the VBL HOT/ATM, doesn’t mean it’s bad, it still has a place.
unknown

•) AMX-10P HOT (Premium)
Another good missile vehicle that feels redundant. Where it carries a larger reserve of 14 spares but would likely lose it’s scouting ability and speed.
1481988597-hot-vehiclelancelotamx10firinghot.thumb.jpg.783291b85283f34ae1ec8d93b99f6ab9

•) AMX-10M HOT (Tech Tree or Premium)
Redundant to the AMX-10P HOT but has a 20mm.
1818615058_Capturedecran2021-04-14a21_56_47.png.385bbebc0e1b641c8577f99e597fa5c4

•) M47 Revalorisé (Tech Tree or Premium)
Could be a development of the M26 and pair with the AMX-30.

•) AMX-30V/VE (Tech Tree or Premium)
Next up is a bunch of similar stabilized AMX-30 developments. The V and VE are similar except the VE gets commander CITV.
8gng83w5vgg51

•) AMX-30EM2
Spanish instead of Venezuelan.
photo_fr_amx-30_3

•) AMX-30C2
One of France’s attempts to export the the AMX-30.

http://www.maquetland.com/article-phototheque/1867-amx-30-c2-saumur

•) AMX-30(B) SAMM

•AMX-30 Valorisé

•) Char G1P (Premium or Tech Tree)
It was close to being finished and could fit into the BR of early M4’s and T-34’s.
w91losy2fgp21

•) VAB TA-23
FRENCH HYBRID SPAA!

•) Panhard Sphinx (Squadron)
Redundant to the EBRC Jaguar except it’s smaller and slightly less protected without APS.

•) AMX Auf2 (Tech tree)
It brings a similar gun system to CAESAR except it doesn’t require dismount. It should be able to fire rounds like OCC 155 F3 and BONUS top attack.
X0J7uOO

9 Likes

Good job!

2 Likes

Amazing work!
French ground tree is almost blank between 9.7 and 11.7. It’s a pity that great planes like Super Etendard and Jaguar have no ground companions.

1 Like

You could add that, since Howitzer are in fashion.

The problem is that it’s not a self contained vehicle. Last I knew that version had it’s ammo and crew in a separate support vehicle.

There is a 105mm Howitzer that were both casemate and turreted though.

I wouldn’t use the Swiss considering that it will most likely go to the Germans. The low countries or African colonies would be more likely.
Algerian Pantsir for Fr*nce when?

The Swiss are supposedly confirmed not to be a exclusively German thing as the Hunter was for a specific need.
Which also confused the German players as it wasn’t even something they wanted.

The plan going forward until it changes is to figure out who needs what.

Yes, it is operated by 6 crew, with only 2 inside.
Yet, this also the case for the French truck SPAA at BR 2.0 and others