Missing AIM-120 on F-16 MLU

as far as i could tell taiwan block 20’s could use amraam in 2000-2003 but US didnt let them since china wasnt using FOX-3’s to the US’s knowledge

iirc taiwan put a purchase order for amraam in late 2000

From the beginning, ROCAF’s F16 is already have ability to use AIM120 objectively speaking, but the US has restricted its radar, making it unable to use FOX3, later, when purchasing AMRAAM from ROCAF, this feature was unlocked

issue duplicate again.The issues were known half a year ago, but Gaijin didn’t do anything, does Gaijin disdain to admit history ?

2 Likes

Well, if Gaijin don’t want the 12.0BR aircraft gone from Chinese TT, they can implement the J-7G which can be 11.7/12.0BR jets.

Although it is missing the SARH/ARH, it could work as a counterpart to the MiG-21bison very well, since it could have the PL-9C, a missile equivalent to the R-73 or Magic II.

4 Likes

Giving the AIM-120A’s (and AIM-9M’s) to the F-16 MLU should be no problem. It used it historically, well…used the “C” variant but the A can be a placeholder. They can always add other jets to fill the 12.0 BR spot, not that it matters anyways considering there isn’t even a 12.0 lineup really to begin with.

I mean, they have the J-11A with 6x R-77’s, the J-8F with 2x PL-12’s, and could have the F-16A MLU Blk 20 with 6x AIM-120’s which essentially brings them to the level of the US or UK.

1 Like

I’d love some more j7 variants, they get pretty silly with stuff like the ftc2000
IMG_2499
Which was already passed to developers

1 Like

We still don’t have a comparable dogfighter with IRCCM missiles in the Chinese tree, J11 with R-73 can be completely avoided by a good pilot in a Gripen or Mirage and the MLU while it is closer in performance doesn’t have the weaponry to be competitive. I would very much like to see the MLU receive all that it is missing.

Edit: This is all the more important if there will be no change to multipathing for the update.

3 Likes

Taiwan never used AIM-9L but Gaijin give it instead of historicial AIM-9M
The same thing happens on MiG-29G which never received R-27 in it’s life
So a unhistoricial but potential AIM-120A/B could be a proper choice
For 12.0 just put J-8F here cause Netz have better frame but still at 12.3 or add a J-7G

2 Likes

I was find some information from Ministry of National Defense (Republic of China) Official website

https://www.mnd.gov.tw/PublishMPPeriodical.aspx?title=%u8ecd%u4e8b%u520a%u7269&id=9

https://www.mnd.gov.tw/NewUpload/202111/07-%E4%B8%8D%E5%8F%AF%E8%83%BD%E5%AE%8C%E6%88%90%E7%9A%84%E4%BB%BB%E5%8B%99-%E7%B7%A8%E5%BE%8C%E8%AA%9E(%E4%B8%80)A_562780.pdf

3 Likes

I’d rather keep the MLU at 12.0

I would be fine with a new variant carrying amraams and better IR missiles at higher BR

Prove China even owns the AIM-120

1 Like

Or gaijin could add F-16A MLU (2007) at 13.0 BR after F-16A MLU

But F-16A Block 20 basic in 1996 - 1999 from china tech tree armed AIM-9P-4 & AIM-9M sidewinder and AIM-7M Saprrow

1 Like

Or add the f16b mlu at 12.0

1 Like
2 Likes

Aim120c-5’s are officially in the files with specs and everything . Wouldn’t even need placeholders now.

1 Like

@Smin1080p
I’m sorry fot pinging but, any news about ROCAF F-16A MLU from Dev team?

They gets AMRAAMs and some upgrades or stay at 12.0 BR with current loadout?

2 Likes

He’s on vacation.

Seems like an inconvenient time to go on vacation

Seems like a easy way to fix some issues…so it won’t be added lol

1 Like

its an awful way tbh. the whole early/late thing that gaijin is doing should stop and be done away with entirely.

seeing as there are now split brs for air and ground the only real excuse to not give certain planes certain weapons is that it could cause them to be moved in BR which would create “gaps” in the tech tree and honestly its a poor excuse at best.

the splitting of the BRs instead should allow for vehicles to get the expanded weaponry that they had irl.

some examples of planes that can receive armaments and associated BR adjustment being

Ja-37D getting amraams
F-16A ADF/MLU getting amraams
Yak-141 getting R-73 and R-77
F-14A getting its proper armament suite.

and there are many many more examples of this.

3 Likes