F-16 Fighting Falcon: History, Performance & Discussion

It can

Thx but a bit late lmao, I already found out like a month ago lol. But hey better late than never <3

I made a bug report a while ago about the ADF not having TWS cuz it could use its Stores control pannel to fire Aim-120s while using its Stores control panel

2 Likes

@BasherBenDawg8 Community Bug Reporting System

If they don’t end up adding the SDB I or -II there is always the AGM-187A

In my opinion, I want gaijin considered 2 AIM-9 sidewinder (AIM-9P-4 & AIM-9M) exchange AIM-9P & AIM-9L. add active radar homing MRAAM AIM-120B AMRAAM placeholder or AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM

Gaijin not forget add LANTIRN AN/AAQ-14 targeting pod & AGM-65G Maverick (placeholder) and GBU-10 & GBU-12 Paveway II laser-guided bomb from F-14B Tomcat on F-16A Block 20 MLU before Major Update “Seek & Destroy” update to live server

2 Likes

OK I found it

Gajin not ready add AIM-9M, LANTIRN AN/AAQ-14 targeting pod (placeholder) and GBU-10 & GBU-12 Paveway II laser guided bomb on F-16A Block 20 from china tech tree in december 2022. but not this quarter

Or other choice gaijin could add F-16A Block 20 MLU (2007) after F-16A Block 20 MLU

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/gzhMQvFQe5RN

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/5L3YrV2gv6m1

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/YM1NbKhI18jK

Hey,
Does this mean that the document has been requested by someone under FOIA, or does this mean that it can be?

Seems to imply it is exempt from FOIA but that may be outdated. If the document predates the 30 year rule and has no export restriction statement then it is usable for reports.

I.e. if it is older than 30 years old and has no export control warning it is safe.

1 Like

Damn, I was going to ask for someone in the US to request it through FOIA

Looks like the F-16C won’t be getting access to PIDS pylons, for reasons.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/vPWH9sjlU2qr

interesting statement given the Mig-23 nerfs that were long over due finally coming this patch.

But sure, Russian vehicles so often come under-performing, just like the Ka-50/52, IS-6, Obj 279, Mig-21Bis, Su-11, KV-220, T-80BVM, 2S38, Mig-23MLD etc

Meanwhile the F-15s are missing BOL, and the F-16s are missing a slew of armament options as well as their PIDS pods for extra CMs, but I suppose nice things arent allowed to be added to the USA as well. Given it took Gaijin a YEAR to add the AV-8B+ to the US TT.

BOL: Community Bug Reporting System
PIDS: Community Bug Reporting System

All while its still missing numerous other airframes, many of which would be a simply copy/paste into the tree they should have been introduced into.

2 Likes

MiG-23 required a great many adjustments to meet performance expectations. The charts were misread, and this is only one example. Nearly every American fighter with the exception of the F-15 initially came in overperforming and had to be adjusted down. The F-15 had some unique issues that were amended.

4 Likes

You being you, conveniently blowing past all the other Russian vehicles that come to the game over-performing, while the F-15s “over performance” was by a 5% over tuned FM.

This “bias narrative” is tiring, it harms the discussion on vehicles that got designed wrongly ingame and the possibility of getting them fixed/improved, pure Reddit cringery.

3 Likes

I believe gajin upgrade Belgium F-16AM Block 15 MLU to M5 or M6.1 Tape in the future and armament close to F-16C Block 50/52+ standard

In fact should be AIM-120B but not AIM-120A

God forbid that the U.S gets a MAW system at top tier or hell even their own tech :)

What domestic tech is missing if you don’t mind me asking?

Well for the start:
-MAW systems
-Proper radars on their aircraft
-AIM-9M for the F-16A
-AIM-9M for the F-14B
They just got the AV-8B, one year later
And a lot of ordonance that is not in game but we won’t discuss those

5 Likes

The french f16a got the 9m, they’ll either remove from it or add for the other vipers, maybe the f14b will get it aswell