Missing AIM-120 on F-16 MLU

F-16 MLU in the Chinese tech tree is missing aim-120. Being built to MLU standard it is able to carry AIM-120s, with the same capability as the new Belgian F-16AM in the French tech tree.

34 Likes

There’s no 12.0 in China to replace it.

5 Likes

Missing AIM120 on Viggen D too

9 Likes

Missing 12x aim 120s for the F4D-1

7 Likes

TBH, F-16A MLU should gets “full upgrade” including AIM-9Ms, GBUs, additional flares…

12 Likes

The Italian F-16A ADF now has a 12.0 replacement in the MiG-29 from Hungary, so why not give that ADF AMRAAM and move it up?
As for the MLU, what does it need a replacement for? It’s already above the top ground BR and can see all current top planes, the current weaponry just doesn’t make it very good against the new top ones.

9 Likes

The Gripen is also already a good ARH carrier.
Though the ADF could be given 9Ms maybe.

3 Likes

They should really just do what they’ve done with Britain, add some “late” aircraft.

Viggen D “late” (or Viggen Di) for Sweden
F-16 MLU “late” for China
F-16A ADF “late” for Italy

Its kinda wierd they’ve not just done it for everyone.

1 Like

By that logic we could also skip the new Tornado, the Sea Harrier and the F-16C because these nations already have a good AMRAAM carrier with the Gripen C in UK and the F-15C in US. I can understand the US not getting them on the ADF, but Italy currently only gets them in the subtree and on a strike aircraft.
The ADF is also not very useful for ground, so nothing would be lost there.
If I’m not mistaken Italy never even used the ADF with AIM-7s, so it’s inaccurate on top.

2 Likes

Considering also the ENTIRE reason for Italy leasing the ADFs in the first place was because they wanted an AMRAAM platform as a stopgap till Typhoon without upgrading their Tornado ADVs like Britain did. It would make sense they got at least that

(I think its the same for the Viggen D as well. The entire point of the D upgrade was AMRAAM)

1 Like

Well the Tornado isn’t a Gripen replacement, and the Sea Harrier isn’t a Tornado replacement.
So no, you didn’t use my rationale, you made up your own and tried to push your made up rationale onto me to argue against, aka a strawman fallacy.

Especially since Italy will have Typhoon in the near future [not this update].

And for F-16MLU for China, there’s J-10, which this topic’s about… not Italy.

Where was it said they’ll arrive in near future?

So will Britain. We still got the Tornado F3 “late” this update. But wasnt needed with the Shar FA2 and Gripen C

Is it some extra grinding. yes. but no harm in adding these “late” aircraft as fillers.

The ADF isn’t a Gripen replacement, it doesn’t have any of the ground capabilities and fewer CMs, I’m not sure about flight performance since I haven’t played the Gripen yet.

You never said that you think the ADF is a Gripen replacement and now you get very angry because I can’t read your mind, but okay, I still disagree.

1 Like

Would probably end up at 13.0. Especially with the extra Gripen nerfs that I saw on the dev server. They are probably roughly equal in FM these days. But no harm in having 2x 13.0s. US and USSR both have 2x 13.0s

THIS is why I get personally annoyed when people beg for missiles on specific aircraft.

Congrats, you made your insert aircraft here into an F-104J, how do you feel?

2 Likes

Again, why does that matter?

F-16A ADF “late” as a second aircraft. (I get if the proposal was moving the current one, but its not)

If you want ot play it at 12.0 without AMRAAM you can, just play the 12.0 one that doesnt have AMRAAM. Want to play it at 13.0 with AMRAAM knowing full well it might be tad weak. Then go for it.

The same Choice Britain has with the Tornado F3

60 flares is not ideal at 12.7, ask the Mig-29G how it knows.

4 Likes

Again. And?

No Harm in giving players the choice.

Tornado F3 at 12.7 is going to be pretty Brutal with its FM. Shar FA2 probably only going to have 60 CMs most of the time and is sub-sonic at 12.3.

Indeed it was,

The whole logic they are using to decided what does and doesn’t get fox 3 seems really borked and i am hoping that by the next dev server (if we have one) that at least the Italian ADF, Chinese MLU and YaK-141 get their fox 3s

The D Viggen should get them as well considering like mentioned before the whole point of the D Viggen was to give it Amraam capability and on top of that the F-4F ICE is being added and Things like the AV-8B+ and F-8F are receiving fox-3s as well so i don’t see why gaijin cant give them to the other previously mentioned planes.

5 Likes