Lets talk about the state of Germany

@AlvisWisla i knew i was right found the datamine for you, or do you wanna say Oshida is wrong about weight influencing spalling?

2 Likes

If this was true then the i think 76mm shell of the 3 inch gun carrier would have almost the exact same spall as the pumas shell.

Except it doesnt.

Shini, that’s a rather rude message.
I never claimed anything in regards to weight, just added a possibility in regards to connections to spalling.

@theHarbinger123
Round fragmentation isn’t spalling.

in reality yeah, but i explained it how it works in game

I really dont think this game has such a complicated mechanic where it takes projectile weight, armor thickness and -weight into account to create spalling inside the vehicle, I think it really is simple as higher round weight = higher spalling.

1 Like

Except in game, it is.

No, in-game spalling & fragmentation are separate things.
Fragmentation comes from the round itself which is how it can originate long after the armor such as with explosive-filled rounds.

How much excess pen you have also makes a difference.
If you barely pen something it will usually do less damgage unless it’s APHE of course

1 Like

But also worse performance at range.
PMC287 has more drag than comparable 25mm and 30mm rounds from Bushmaster, 2A42 etc.

1 Like

makes sense, didnt think that was coded.

theres also a damage caliber line of code and the PMC287 is unusually small at 8.5mm diameter:

1 Like

What it compared to the earlier mentioned 30mm of the US and 30mm ussr?

Puma APFSDS (Top and Bottom Left) BMP-2M APFSDS (Top Right) 30mm Bushmaster Mk44 APFSDS (Bottom Right) :

BMP-2M has a higher damage caliber, a higher ballistic caliber (for drag I think), lower crag constant, and lower muzzle velocity

30mm Bushmaster is slightly lighter, has a larger dmg and ballistic caliber, and higher muzzle velocity

Add to that ,that the BMP 2 M fires the fastest , badicaly the puma has the worst gun right?

not 100% sure since im not sure the exact calcs for the spall and the drag they use, but i think the Bushmaster and Mk30 are both pretty dogshit in WT.

This also doesnt take into account fire rate, overheating, accuracy, etc… all things the BMP-2M’s gun are best at iirc, not that gaijin gives a shit seeing as the Mk30 is known and reported to be incredibly accurate irl and the low cyclic rate was for heat management, but the BMP-2M firing about 3x faster has better accuracy and overheating lmao

Drag is actually “cx” and lower is better

Correct, the BMP-2 has better performing projectiles for their muzzle velocity / mass and almost triple the RoF.
The Bushmaster 30mm overheats slower.

cx should only be the drag constant, lower is better yes, but theres more to it than just the constant.

Probably yea.
The 20mm for example lacks this stat but also has extreme pen decrease at distance.
20mm DM63 loses 74% of its penetration across 2000m, 25mm APDS only loses 31%.
25mm is where rounds start having a Cx value.

What is that in comparison to other 30mm rounds in game?