General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

It has the same armament as other F-35As, its unmodified but currently lacks the features of late Blocks (e.g. addiotional AMRAAM in the bay).

JNAAM is cancelled, indeed.

For future; there is a seperate thread for Air related stuff;

1 Like

I believe Japan has AIM-120C-7 and C-8 for ARH missiles, as well as AIM-9X Block II (might be III as well, but I’m not sure). They also from what I understand weren’t allowed to integrate their domestic weapons, so AAM-5 would not be mounted, while AAM-4s did not even fit the weapons bay regardless.

Thx for the thread link🫡

It’s less about being allowed or not and more that those missiles don’t fit in the F-35 weapons bay

From what I understand that was only the AAM-4, while the AAM-5 would be mounted on the same external rails as the AIM-9X currently are.

1 Like

The issue with the AAM-5 is it’s too long for the internal bays the same with IRIS-T and it’s just not worth integration on just the external rails as the cost for actual integration is too high for a load out that would be used extremely limitedly

1 Like

Now that the STB-1 has been replaced by the STB-2 and lost from the technology tree, shouldn’t a complete STB-1 with a semi-automatic loader, M2RWS, passive infrared surveillance, all-round commander’s sight, and two-speed reverse gear be implemented?

11 Likes

It was just renamed because model was already from STB-2

Sources is needed. Also probably STB-2 had all of that IRL but again sources for all of that is needed

As far as i’m aware, the only difference between the STB-1 and 2 is the towing hook in the middle above the turret.

STB-2

STB-1

The tank in the WT has this hook modeled so it became a STB-2, that is prtetty much all.

Anyway, i would rather have a completely new model of this tank than anything else.
The STB-2 has the most inaccurately made model in the game.

2 Likes

Turret shape, not talking about details, should be just c&p from type 74, right?

Made four years ago, pretty sure it is still the same since the model never got any change.

This is the close-up of the actual RWS. What we have is not even remotely close to this. It is just a regular machine gun mount with no wires or any electrical components etc.

9 Likes

Cool, but I dont know how fun it would be, honestly : )

Its like the little Italian Breda truck from the BP, but modernised. And I dont know how many of those you see, at the lower and easier tiers.

An armoured version of that at a higher BR with more machine guns, faster reaction times, more CAS…?

1 Like

That close up is the RWS of the STB-1, the STB-2 is the one we have in game

Spoiler

STB-2 in game, RWS magazine is off to the side and appears extended downwards (Maybe for spent casings?)
image_2024-05-23_164838100

STB-2, RWS is the same as we have in game, with magazine off to the side and extended downwards
image_2024-05-23_164748744

STB-1, RWS is different, with magazine placed alongside the cannon and not extended downwards

image_2024-05-23_165113449

1 Like

Have a nice weekend ! (´◡`)

6 Likes

boneless type 10

6 Likes

Will Fuji Firepower Exercise be held tomorrow?If i remember correctly.

Yes the Sokaen will be perform tommorow of 26th.

The members are trained toward the event.

2 Likes

👀

https://x.com/japanesepatrio6/status/1794104965339754679

3 Likes

Ive been working on a suggestion for a revamped Artillery/Mortar system in-game. If you are familiar with Project Reality, it would be based on that. Basically it would have the player rely on the in-game map grid system to determine the distance and then a ballistics computer to input values for triangulation.

With that firing solution you will know what how many degrees to aim and by how high you should aim the barrel. No markers or anything, just pure math (well youre not really doing math since there is a calculator). You will then adjust youre aim based on intuition, relying on the hit cam if it hits somewhere close, or relying on your drone if you have access to one.

Anyhow, I was thinking that it might be alright if it was placed on a lower BR despite it being quite new but yeah, there are some problems as to how it would perform without a proper artillery system as of now. Still such a shame that the Thais arent really all that invested in developing their own tanks, they can clearly develop advanced rocket and artillery systems as well as have the industry to even develop their own unique upgrades for their fighters and CAS. Not that Im concerned though, Japan should still remain as a Japanese tech tree, there was however a proposal for it to be mounted on a Humvee clone by the Thais but not sure if they ever did mount it though.

1 Like

I can see Japan’s Type 19 155mm Wheeled SPH being featured there, Thailand as well has its own Domestic 155mm Wheeled SPH. Meet the DTI ATMG.

ปืนใหญ่_155_มม_ATMG

Such a shame that we do not have any viable roles for these types of SPHs as of the moment in-game. Hopefully we can get these represented in-game soon.