General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

Any idea what the ground squadron vehicle could be? Suggestions?

I have a hunch that, beside Thai stuff, we might see Singaporean stuff in the tech tree as well. Thus, I can see Singaporean Leopard 2SG that has been passed to developers becoming a ground Squadron vehicle for Japanese Tree. If not, it might be a tech tree vehicle after Thai T-84 Oplot-T.

2 Likes

MCV No.4

MCV No.5

TKX No.4

Etc…

Since apparently it is still not our turn to get a sub-tree because why would we need it?
Seems like it is the France that is getting one so i’m not hopeful to see any vehicle from outside Japan in sight anytime.

4 Likes

And maybe we would finaly get a Type 10 with original tracks from Type 10 🫠.

2 Likes

Surely this update, surely…

5 Likes

Are there any significant differences between the no 4 and what we have in game? Turret obviously looks different

Mine roller plates

I’ll place my bets on the name “TKX (B)”

what about the mcv

Surely we’ll get our tiny missing basket too…

From the recent Combined Fire Exercise

Incredibly sastisfying to watch these missiles flying up and straight toward their targets and hit them accurately !

2 Likes

also i doubt their actual speed its 66 m/s i did some calculations over the 1000 meters with a 55 degree arch and a 55 degree reaching point, giving me out aproximately 133 m/s or for the type 01, the range seems to be wrong aswell being max range of 4 km and warhead considering the weight of everything i got around 3.2 kg with composition B this would be like 3.5 to 3.6 kg of equivalent in TNT with an average of 700 mm of pen, i repeat this is with calculations i used based on videos and data of the missile like lenght diameter and other stuff

1 Like

Hopefully Gaijin will accept such calculations. But they would probably want on-paper sources :(

1 Like

yeah sadly its gonna be only paper, but i already have rough estimates based on average statistics, like weights of certain components power to thrust ratio of the engines, fuel output, time taken to reach target, initial acceleration, aerodynamics and a buch of other stuff, but the speed roses around the 133 to 145 m/s on average with my guess on the TNT warhead being of 3.5 to 3.6kg of equivalent in TNT and 700 mm of pen, but this is a guesstimate

1 Like

Way faster than 60 mps.

Not as fast as the Type 87 but also not as slow as the Type 64.

3 Likes

type 64 travels at 88 m/s if im not wrong

Suddenly it doesn’t look like the Type 16…

11 Likes

Joint BM Oplot-T and BTR-3E1 Exercises of the Royal Army Of Thailand

8 Likes

F-15 MSIP and Haguro* on dev stream, keeping the tradition alive of getting a plane and a boat each update.

3 Likes

They added AAM4 too, but stats seemed wrong. From what I have heard it should have better range than aim120 but its identical outside of slight better G load. So its the same story as AAM3 all over again…

2 Likes

AAM-4 is cool and all but having to re-grind and re-spade the F-15 is not gonna be fun.
Was expecting an XF-2 or something…
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot

1 Like