Discussion of Potential Finnish and Swedish ground vehicles

Hi, this will be a discussion and a comprehensive list of ground vehicles that are produced and/or operated by Finland and Sweden

If there is any mistakes or possible additions, please let me know

List of potential vehicles that can be added

Finland

Domestic designs

Patria XA-180 Family

Spoiler

XA-180 Musti: Rare XA-180 variant with the Musti recoilless rifle

Spoiler

b4cr6zznuoh21

XA-180 TOW: XA-180 with a TOW-2 Launcher

Spoiler

tow2

XA-185 AMV: XA-185 with a LAV-25 Turret (Prototype)

Spoiler

armored1

Patria AMV Family

Spoiler

Patria AMV HITFACT-120

Spoiler

Patria AMV Hitfist-30

Spoiler

Patria AMV Rafael Samson-30

Spoiler

Patria AMV28 VTC-30

Spoiler

Patria AMV Bushmaster: Note this Specific Patria AMV is intended for the Australian Army so it possibly be added in either the UK or a future Australian/Austro-Canadian TT instead

Spoiler

Patria AMV(2K23): Note this Specific Patria AMV is intended for the UAE since they use the BMP-3 as well as mounting the exact same turret on their OF-40’s, which exact TT it would go we currently do not know but there is a chance that it could go to the Italian TT instead due to the UAE’s military connections to Italy (or the very least stronger initial military ties)

Spoiler

Patria AMV AMOS

Spoiler

amos-120mm-mortar-system

Modified foreign designs

A-34 Comet (QF-20pdr): Prototype variant of the A-34 Comet with it’s 77mm cannon replaced with a 20pdr. This was done as a response to the UK refusing to sell 105mm L7’s to Finland, so Finland decide to experiment with upgunning their existing Comets. This obviously did not pass the prototype phase

Spoiler

images (1)

BMP-1PS: A BMP-1 modified to have additional smoke launchers, one thing to note is that Finnish BMP-1’s lack an autoloader so they will have a increased reload rate

Spoiler

2018062701751_19

BMP-25: BMP-1 chassis with the original turret replaced with a turret from a LAV-25 (Prototype)

Spoiler

BMP-1_with_LAV-25_turret_Finland

BMP-2MD: Modified BMP-2 with thermal camouflage, new gunsights for the commander and gunner and external storage boxes, acting as spaced armour

Spoiler

ItPsv-90 (T-55): Marksman turret on a T-55 Chassis, one way we can add this is that the ItPsv-90 on the Leopard 2 Chassis can be moved to 10.0 with full APDS belts since it can more than handle it’s own while the ItPsv-90 on the T-55 chassis can be at the same BR as the T-55M but be balanced by having a belt that is half APDS, half APHE

Spoiler

itpsv90

155 PSH K9FIN "Moukari: A K9 Thunder built for Finnish specifications, the main gameplay difference is that Finnish K9’s use a NSV HMG instead of the M2HB HMG that the K9 is normally equipped with

Spoiler

P.245-4: Prototype T-34-85 with it’s 85mm S.53 cannon replaced with a 7.5cm Stuk-40 cannon (the same one found on the Stug III G “Strumi” and Pz-IV-J), among other changes

Spoiler

T-34-85.jpg.ce75f70fd7da9130e480005af72af38c

Lansverk L-182: This is a Lansverk L-182 intended for the Finnish army, it can equip a 20mm Lathi anti-tank rifle

Spoiler

Armoured_car_Landsverk

T-55M MEXAS/T-55M Ps.262-37: Finland prototyped the MEXAS on their T-55M’s, could be added either as a addon for the existing T-55M or as a new vehicle folder with the T-55M

Spoiler

Foreign designs

KV-1A & KV-1B: The latter is identical to the Event KV-1B in the German TT, the former however we currently do not have ingame

Spoiler

KV-1A
KV1A_3
KV-1B
KV1B_3

Stug-III G “Sturmi”: Functionally identical to the Stug-III in the Italian TT, aesthetically however is different due to the addition of wooden logs on the side, Finland use logs on their tanks for the same reasons why Russian Tanks have logs on them

Spoiler

GMfAiBrI5gBvLxDB-_af-pTWTtF79pKOaAeC1ExQ9EI

OT-133: T-26 with a flamethrower, it also uparmoured giving it [a little bit more] more survivability, could replace the premium T-26E with this variant,

Spoiler

finski_t26_zniszczony_w__1944

BA-10: Finland captured multiple BA-10’s as well as the earlier BA armoured cars

Spoiler

z_copy44

Sweden

Domestic designs

Lansverk L-180 Family

Spoiler

Lansverk L-180: This is the first series of vehicle from the Lansverk L-180 Armoured cars, was armed with various lmg’s, HMG’s and the focus of this particular L-180, a 20mm Autocannon from Madsen

Spoiler

c39ccad871db5de4402a68530fab9055

Lansverk L-180 (mod 1974): Irish “Modernization”/Upgrade of the Lansverk L-180’s that the Irish Army was operated as early as 1937. The upgrades mainly consists of replacing the 20mm Madsen autocannon with a 20mm Hispano Suiza autocannon as well as replacing worn out components and engines with more modern ones. The Irish Army used the upgraded L-180’s for 8 years, mainly as training aids and as a reserve AC from 1974 to 1982 where they were finally retired from service. This is also significant since Ireland is the longest operator of the L-180 and Ireland is the second largest operator of this type behind the Netherlands

Spoiler

056fc60a4f81d2fcfedc189369c67b0a

Lansverk L-181: This is the second (and largest) series of vehicle from the Lansverk L-180 Armoured cars, is equipped with the usual lmg’s, HMG’s, and 20mm autocannons (either from Bofors or Madsen), this time however some L-181 are equipped with the 37mm Bofors anti-tank cannon. Only two nations used the L-181 with the Bofors cannon, the Netherlands and the Third Reich, because of this there is a chance that the L-181 could appear in the German TT as well either as a premium, event or in the Beutzpanzer line. Both the L-180 and 181 can be added as another reserve vehicle for varieties sake

Spoiler

Swedish L-181
Pbil_m41
Lithuanian L-181
l181
Dutch L-181 with a 37mm Bofors cannon
landsverkl180_dan

CV90 Family

CV90 AMOS: An AMOS Mortar system on a CV90 Chassis

Spoiler

CV90120 (2007): A CV90120 with some additional upgrades including a 50.cal Remote weapons system and a AMAP-ADS Hardkill Active Protection System
Link to suggestion below

CV90 Mjolner: Another double barreled SPG/Mortar variant of the CV-90, this time using the Mjolner weapons system instead

Spoiler

Ikv-91 family

Ikv-91 AMOS: An AMOS Mortar system on a Ikv-91 Chassis (Prototype)

Spoiler

ikv_91_amos

Ikv-91 (L/70 Bofors): Ikv-91 with a 40mm autocannon, essentially a testbed for the CV90

Spoiler

tk2UZyq

UDES 08 & Pbv-302 No.4002: A prototype Pbv-302 subvariant, 2 prototypes were built one having a 25mm Mauser autocannon and the other having a Oerlikon KBA Autocannon
Link to suggestions below

UDES 03: A Experimental Tank destroyer using a hydropneumatic suspension similar to the one found on the Strv-103 (prototype)

Spoiler

20a8f5d598d0985938c4bbf53f59dc2b

UDES 19: A Experimental Light Tank/TD using a unmanned 120mm cannon, this gun is mounted on 2 chassis, a Marder Chassis and a Strv-103 Chassis (Prototype)

Spoiler

UDES 19 Marder (Note this prototype is also trialed by Germany)
udes19_rigg3_web
udes19_rigg1_web
UDES 19/103
udes_103_ovanpalagrad

UDES XX-20: Experimental Articulating TD with a unmanned 120mm cannon

Spoiler

udes_xx20_rigg2_web
udes_xx20_rigg3_web
udes_xx20_rigg6_web

Panzer Bandvagn’s

PvBv-2062: Militarized Bandvagn-206 with the Pvpj-1110 recoilless rifle
Link to suggestion below

PvBv-2063: Militarized Bandvagn-206/Bandvagn-206S with a ATGM, either a TOW or RB-56 ATGM, I elected the RB-56 since that is unique to Sweden (Bandvagn-206’s with TOW-ATGM’s are also operated by other countries, mainly Italy)

Spoiler

PvBv-2063 (TOW/RB-55)
pvbv2063
Bv-206 TOW in Italian Service
BV-206_THERMALS
Bv-206S (RB-56)
pvbv2063bill

Eldenhet 98: A Bv-410 modified into a SAM launcher with it’s own Giraffe 1X radar system. The missiles in question are IRIS-T SLS

Spoiler

JeAXZYe_d

Tridon: A modern SPAA system on a 6X6 Volvo truck, using the same 40mm Bofors autocannon that the LvKv90 uses even being able to use the same APFSDS rounds

Spoiler

SvOvj2e
bild_2023-08-01_180011900

Modified foreign designs

Pansarterrängbil 202: Swedish variant of the XA-203 with the turret of a Pbv-302 and the ability to equip either SAM’s or ATGM’s

Spoiler

Pbv 401 (RBS-56 Bili): Modified MT-LB APC with a launcher system, firing the Bili ATGM, essentially Sweden’s answer to the Shturm S

Spoiler

7hq91qblmmg11

Pbv 501A: Modified BMP-1 variant with a new engine, suspension and the ability to use the 9K11 and 9K111 ATGM’s removed
Note: The Pbv-501 that was added in the “Kings of Battle” Update is the regular Pbv-501 so this suggestion will be still pending

Spoiler

Terrangbil 16 LEMUR: Swedish designation of the RG-32M A scout armoured car of South African origin, this specific Terrangbil 16 is a prototype variant with a M320LF Chain gun, the same Chain gun found on the AH-64 Apache

Spoiler

K4sUEBQ

19 Likes

KV-1B, and watch the whole forum go banana’s, especially if SWE gets matched with GER at that BR ;P

5 Likes

Remove the BMPs , or add them but remove the fictional Mİ-28A and the T -80 U

3 Likes

Both Finland and Sweden used BMP’s and the Mi-28 and T-80 are not fictional.

3 Likes

Where is the used Mi-28? I once sat in a Mig-29 , does that mean we get a tech tree mig-29 for me? Does driving for 1 hour count as used? Lmao

1 Like

Thanks for linking the UDES 08 Suggestion, if I may add in: There were two Pbv prototypes which carried 25mm cannons (with new turret compartment to house it). One which you mentioned: UDES 08, which carries the Mauser MK25E cannon. While the second Pbv, which I reference as “Pbv No.4002”: carried the Oerlikon KBA cannon. Only difference between were the firerate and the ammunition storage from what I managed to find.

Other than that, the list looks good. As we kinda need more vehicles for both Sweden and the Finnish sub-tree.

1 Like

KV-1B, and watch the whole forum go banana’s, especially if SWE gets matched with GER at that BR ;P

Finland can technically have 2 KV-1 variants (KV-1A & KV-1B) since they captured and subsequently operated both variant of KV’s

Both Finland and Sweden used BMP’s and the Mi-28 and T-80 are not fictional.

The main reason why Gaijin added both the Mi-28 & T-80 to the Swedish TT because Sweden at least evaluated both vehicles, for the Former i can’t blame Gaijin for adding it since there is not a lot of helicopters to add to the Swedish TT (especially at top-tier) and also it is (on paper) the worse of the Mi-28’s ingame. The latter is harder to justify since both Sweden and even Finland isn’t really lacking in ground vehicles (even MBT’s)

if I may add in: There were two Pbv prototypes which carried 25mm cannons (with new turret compartment to house it). One which you mentioned: UDES 08, which carries the Mauser MK25E cannon. While the second Pbv, which I reference as “Pbv No.4002”: carried the Oerlikon KBA cannon. Only difference between were the firerate and the ammunition storage from what I managed to find.

Thanks, I will fix that error

1 Like

Don’t forget Stug III

I am taking the suggested vehicles on the old forum into consideration (at least the ones that are currently not implemented). The thing is though is that there is some vehicles that are not present let alone have proper suggestion threads about them on the old forum (some of these vehicles are mentioned here). Also I prefer linking suggestions from the new forum instead of the old one since the old forum is somewhat busted

Here is a Lansverk L-60 in Irish service, it uses the same gun as Ireland’s L-180’s (a 20mm Madsen autocannon)

a3b06d1a5d65a49f2a0b98382eb68dc6

A side note, Ireland eventually replaced their Madsen autocannon with a Hispano-Suiza autocannon in 1974 for their L-180’s

Here some neat ones

AKV 151:
gaijin-please-akv-151-the-landsverk-bkan-v0-1eb3q7zwtflb1
A competing deaign to the bkan in game, it was based off the kranvagn hull and was capable of a much higher top speed (55kmh). Its armour was also much better, being over 100mm… on the back… since the turret was mounted backwards…

A-34 comet qf 20pdr:
images (1)
A finnish prototype from the cold war, basically they wanted to mount the 105 l7 in their old comets, but Britain didn’t want to sell them any, so they went with the next best option

And for an interesting but unliky addition
M4 with 75mm k/44:
schematics-for-a-proposed-m4-sherman-armed-with-the-finnish-v0-z4i8wps61ay91
Its a project proposed by finland for the Israel. It would have used the newly developed 75 mm k/44 anti tank gun, a light anty tank gun that used ammunition from the german pak 40. It was denied in favor of what would become the M50.

4 Likes

God no its not a error, I just wanted to help you expanding your list and give some fast facts about the guns they were carrying.

3 Likes

Looking at the following articles:

there are several more armored vehicles that could be viable to add for Finland, though all are captured Soviet vehicles.
(* = new vehicle)

• BAF A/B/C (BA-3/6/10) armored car *
  • BT-2 * (not mentioned in all sources)
  • BT-5
  • BT-7
  • T-50
  • T-60 (not mentioned in all sources)
  • SU-76 (not mentioned in all sources)
  • SU-152 (not mentioned in all sources)
  • ISU-152
1 Like

Don’t forget the Kranvagn/Emil! Turret never finished, but still definitely worth adding!
9PxKEZm

4 Likes

According to Wikipedia, Finland had 2 BTR-80s, with that said I attempted to find information about it but couldn’t find anything. However, there are many photos of a btr-80 painted in a finish camouflage in the Parola Armour Museum.

Images from Wikimedia
Image on reddit(image #6)

There is two main problem with the Finnish BTR-80, firstly is that it’s only armament is a 14.5mm HMG and the other issue that there is domestic counterparts that would fill it’s role better

3 Likes

Maybe I missed something but I think that you did not mention the cv90 mjolnir under the cv90 family section. Is this a conscious choice? If not then here a source for information on it: CV90 Mjolner 120 mm Self-Propelled Mortar | MilitaryToday.com

Update

New vehicles now added to the list

A-34 Comet (QF 20pdr)
Lansverk L-180 (mod 1974): Irish modified L-180
CV90 Mjolner

The Sturmi tab will soon be expanded too

Thanks for clarifying, I was unsure if it had the 20mm since it was a BTR-80 “testbed” converted to a BTR-60.