Battle-rating deprately needs a decompression!

Yeah, could be nice if the devs listened and did something about player feedback, don’t you think?

This will not really change BRs for AF modes, just alter for GF. Though presently performance is mixed between the two modes the vast majority of data I presume is Air mode orientated (many more plays in AF than GF) and so the changes will mainly be BRs in GF from what I can tell, related mainly to ordinance and possibly low alt performance.

I’m hoping a few will go down In air modes.

Jaguar Gr1A
Tornado Gr1, IDS, ASSTA1

Probably a few others as well

…and yet, it appears not to be enough, since nothing is being done about it…

I am all for making a daily post until Gaijin finally decides to listen and do something about it!

1 post, 10 posts, 100 posts, 1,000 posts, 10,000 posts or 100,000,000,000 posts; we shouldn’t ever stop until the issue is corrected, if it’s what it takes.

1 Like

I don’t think that would work out with the current, outdated BR system.

I don’t think it would be any different tbh…

What about bringing in something like SBEC’s rotating BR blanket instead of decompression?

At the very least, tons of vehiciles that is suffering by BR compression would be playable again or bringing back heavy armor/top speed meta, albeit for a few days.

Increase file size? We are talking single byte differences. Kilobytes overall? With logic for those changes megabytes.

“Less work is more work. More work is less work.”
lol
Decompression is <100 vehicles is less work than changing the matchmaker and compressing 1000 vehicles.

Not sure why you’re so against decompression. Keep defending the current state of the game then.

3 Likes

Maybe like your owners should actually decompress BRs instead of screeching about muh queue times

Posts like this are incredibly inappropriate though from someone on staff. Being combative on the forum is against what a community helper should be and makes me wonder why Gaijin doesn’t like hiring westerners if they’re just going to be smug assholes and rock the boat causing more shit for them to deal with.
You should be shitcanned.

1 Like

Then what do we have to do?

We tried communicating through standard ways, didn’t work.
We tried communicating through feedback, didn’t work.
We tried communicating through community managers, didn’t work.
We tried communicating through social media/s, didn’t work.
We tried communicating through comment sections, didn’t work.
We tried communicating through official channels, didn’t work.

We are left with no choice but to spam until they realise that the spam is happening for a reason and they start considering taking us into account… and, hey, this has proven to work in the past.

Spamming is what gave us all the changes from both Roadmaps since 2023.
Spamming is what improved grind and economy into their best state after having been going downhill for years.
Spamming is what gave us stock APFSDS for Top Tier.
Spamming is what removed the end-of-the-line vehicle modification penalties.
Spamming is what gave us stock FPE.
Spamming is what made night battles optional.

…and a long etc. Social pressure eventually works!

If you try to tell Gaijin something and they don’t listen… the only course of action is to insist until they finally decide to listen. There is no alternative available, I wish there was- but it seems like this is the only way they can start taking into consideration feedback.

5 Likes

Here you vote with your presence and cash. That is all. It is what a company mainly reacts to.

1 Like

Forum protests are what gave us the roadmaps.
APFSDS at top rank was added without any feedback really.
You had only 1 attempt at feedback that would go straight to management, no spam.

So no, spam did not cause these things.
Decisive criticism from ten-thousands of players on the English, Chinese, and Russian speaking forums caused the feedback form.
And well articulated feedback caused the roadmaps.

Especially since we don’t know what their BR plans are after their separation of ground & air BRs.

There will be another feedback form later this year for us to provide more feedback on.
Prepare your statement in a document beforehand, make sure it is well articulated, and wait.
On top of that we are almost to the end of air BRs for conventional weapons and airframes.
We are essentially at the end for production ground equipment.

It took Eagle Dynamics 3 years to overhaul their aviation AI.
War Thunder has aviation, ground, sea, and who knows what else they’re planning for AI to overhaul.

Decompression is complex, it occurs, it will likely to continue to occur, and there are other topics that are still not closed with this subject.

This by the way is a terrible decompression suggestion.
0.7 between IS-2s… No decompression at 2.3.
An entire BR difference between IS-2 1944 and IS-3, 1.7 BR difference between the first IS-2 and IS-3…
Like that’s not decompression at that point, that’s no-items Smash on Final Destination.

1 Like

Coincidentally, it took place just a few days after this post and poll blew up the Forums and social media:

Coincidence? I think not!

Well articulated feedback had been taking place for years. Only when the playerbase lost it and burst out in extreme backlash that causes a community-spread phenomenon the roadmaps became a thing.

2 Likes

By extremely few people.
It increased in June of 2023 when myself and countless others were encouraging people to NOT be angry, and instead make better feedback.
Anger doesn’t fix problems, solutions and ideas do.

For years, many people tried to get things to get better…

But it only kept getting worse, and worse, and worse, and worse…

…and after the latest attempt at making it even worse, the community burst out in a backlash, negative feedback and negative review wave that the game hadn’t seen till then; and ONLY then, changes through the first roadmap was announced and improvements started coming.

And, in the past, every time an issue has been addressed it has been when there’s been enough pressure and backlash.

And what do you think we are doing when we say that compression is an issue and suggest to decompress it, with ideas, examples and even full charts? Why are you suddenly picturing it like we are spitting senseless rage when all we do is repeat over and over again the issues that need addressing and the solutions that are required for those issues to be fixed?

And this is precisely my point. Change requires ACTION.

2 Likes

You mean the review wave that happened after the feedback form went live.
Literally happened 6 hours after the feedback form went live and the economy changes reverted.
The review wave didn’t cause anything, it was reacting to the reverted economy changes; thinking it did cause anything is the Mandela Effect from media personalities claiming it did despite it happening after the reverted economy changes.

We had 0.7 decompression in the last 2 years, and 2 new BRs on top of that for a total of 1.3 BR changes from 11.3 to 12.7.
This is a reminder that 3 years ago 10.3 was the highest BR. 1.0 BR of decompression in ground since 2021.

Ground is primarily compressed at 2.3 currently with minor issues at 4.3, 5.7, and 9.0. 10.0 - 11.7 seems perfectly fine now.

War Thunder is far less compressed than World of Tanks by the way.
In War Thunder from 1.0 to 7.7 [Maus] is 21 matchmaking steps. Longer if you go to IS-7 or M48.
In World of tanks Tier 1 to 10 is 10 matchmaking steps.
World of tanks uses 3 step matchmaker, War Thunder uses 4 step.
10/3 = 3.3 repeating.
21/4 = 5.25.
5.25/3.3 repeating = 1.57.

So yeah, War Thunder can and should continue its decompression where it exists.
However, getting killed by a Maus in your T-26E5 doesn’t mean that’s compressed, I should know having killed many more Maus in my T-26E5 than dying to.

The top BR should be expanded by atleast 1.3 for air and ground. 8.0-9.3 is fairly compressed, same with 9.3-10.3. Air is a mess above 8.0.

The way I see things is, is that a normal tank going up/down by .3 shouldn’t make it op or not very good.

SpanishAvenger is right about some stuff, Gaijin doesn’t really listen to us if we give feedback normally and nicely.

3 Likes

Oh yeah
You got some jets which are transonic, non-afterburning and without missiles which go against jets which are Mach 2 capable, with countermeasures and some have 30G missiles

2 Likes

Air is largely compressed at exactly 9.3, and little elsewhere. 9.3 stuff should go up to 9.7, and all the all-aspects should increase in BR with everything else pretty much.
However, that can be done without impacting ground RB June forward since we’re getting separate BRs for ground and air.
Air RB is largely fine at 8.3, the biggest threat at 9.3 is the Ayit, with Mig-19s in 2nd, and F-100s in 3rd.
F-104s are largely a non-threat unless they start ground attacking to win.

Tanks is more complicated. Too much passion there among many players.
Many feeling their x tank cannot do anything against y tank, and many situations a failure to understand that struggle is part of uptier. It should never be impossible to kill the 1.0 BR higher tank though. T-44 being entirely useless against Maus is an issue.
Even M26 can kill a Maus, granted I think M26 should be 0.3 below T-26E5 as the heavy can deal with Mauses easier.

??? They are the worst thing an 8.3 can face because they are literally unkillable if the F-104 has a brain.

The game is very compressed. Being uptiered shouldn’t put you against things that are miles better than you. Just because you don’t think it’s bad, doesn’t mean others think the same way.

Saying compression isn’t an issue is astoundingly stupid.

1 Like