Battle-rating deprately needs a decompression!

Forum protests are what gave us the roadmaps.
APFSDS at top rank was added without any feedback really.
You had only 1 attempt at feedback that would go straight to management, no spam.

So no, spam did not cause these things.
Decisive criticism from ten-thousands of players on the English, Chinese, and Russian speaking forums caused the feedback form.
And well articulated feedback caused the roadmaps.

Especially since we don’t know what their BR plans are after their separation of ground & air BRs.

There will be another feedback form later this year for us to provide more feedback on.
Prepare your statement in a document beforehand, make sure it is well articulated, and wait.
On top of that we are almost to the end of air BRs for conventional weapons and airframes.
We are essentially at the end for production ground equipment.

It took Eagle Dynamics 3 years to overhaul their aviation AI.
War Thunder has aviation, ground, sea, and who knows what else they’re planning for AI to overhaul.

Decompression is complex, it occurs, it will likely to continue to occur, and there are other topics that are still not closed with this subject.

This by the way is a terrible decompression suggestion.
0.7 between IS-2s… No decompression at 2.3.
An entire BR difference between IS-2 1944 and IS-3, 1.7 BR difference between the first IS-2 and IS-3…
Like that’s not decompression at that point, that’s no-items Smash on Final Destination.

1 Like

Coincidentally, it took place just a few days after this post and poll blew up the Forums and social media:

Coincidence? I think not!

Well articulated feedback had been taking place for years. Only when the playerbase lost it and burst out in extreme backlash that causes a community-spread phenomenon the roadmaps became a thing.

2 Likes

By extremely few people.
It increased in June of 2023 when myself and countless others were encouraging people to NOT be angry, and instead make better feedback.
Anger doesn’t fix problems, solutions and ideas do.

For years, many people tried to get things to get better…

But it only kept getting worse, and worse, and worse, and worse…

…and after the latest attempt at making it even worse, the community burst out in a backlash, negative feedback and negative review wave that the game hadn’t seen till then; and ONLY then, changes through the first roadmap was announced and improvements started coming.

And, in the past, every time an issue has been addressed it has been when there’s been enough pressure and backlash.

And what do you think we are doing when we say that compression is an issue and suggest to decompress it, with ideas, examples and even full charts? Why are you suddenly picturing it like we are spitting senseless rage when all we do is repeat over and over again the issues that need addressing and the solutions that are required for those issues to be fixed?

And this is precisely my point. Change requires ACTION.

2 Likes

You mean the review wave that happened after the feedback form went live.
Literally happened 6 hours after the feedback form went live and the economy changes reverted.
The review wave didn’t cause anything, it was reacting to the reverted economy changes; thinking it did cause anything is the Mandela Effect from media personalities claiming it did despite it happening after the reverted economy changes.

We had 0.7 decompression in the last 2 years, and 2 new BRs on top of that for a total of 1.3 BR changes from 11.3 to 12.7.
This is a reminder that 3 years ago 10.3 was the highest BR. 1.0 BR of decompression in ground since 2021.

Ground is primarily compressed at 2.3 currently with minor issues at 4.3, 5.7, and 9.0. 10.0 - 11.7 seems perfectly fine now.

War Thunder is far less compressed than World of Tanks by the way.
In War Thunder from 1.0 to 7.7 [Maus] is 21 matchmaking steps. Longer if you go to IS-7 or M48.
In World of tanks Tier 1 to 10 is 10 matchmaking steps.
World of tanks uses 3 step matchmaker, War Thunder uses 4 step.
10/3 = 3.3 repeating.
21/4 = 5.25.
5.25/3.3 repeating = 1.57.

So yeah, War Thunder can and should continue its decompression where it exists.
However, getting killed by a Maus in your T-26E5 doesn’t mean that’s compressed, I should know having killed many more Maus in my T-26E5 than dying to.

The top BR should be expanded by atleast 1.3 for air and ground. 8.0-9.3 is fairly compressed, same with 9.3-10.3. Air is a mess above 8.0.

The way I see things is, is that a normal tank going up/down by .3 shouldn’t make it op or not very good.

SpanishAvenger is right about some stuff, Gaijin doesn’t really listen to us if we give feedback normally and nicely.

3 Likes

Oh yeah
You got some jets which are transonic, non-afterburning and without missiles which go against jets which are Mach 2 capable, with countermeasures and some have 30G missiles

2 Likes

Air is largely compressed at exactly 9.3, and little elsewhere. 9.3 stuff should go up to 9.7, and all the all-aspects should increase in BR with everything else pretty much.
However, that can be done without impacting ground RB June forward since we’re getting separate BRs for ground and air.
Air RB is largely fine at 8.3, the biggest threat at 9.3 is the Ayit, with Mig-19s in 2nd, and F-100s in 3rd.
F-104s are largely a non-threat unless they start ground attacking to win.

Tanks is more complicated. Too much passion there among many players.
Many feeling their x tank cannot do anything against y tank, and many situations a failure to understand that struggle is part of uptier. It should never be impossible to kill the 1.0 BR higher tank though. T-44 being entirely useless against Maus is an issue.
Even M26 can kill a Maus, granted I think M26 should be 0.3 below T-26E5 as the heavy can deal with Mauses easier.

??? They are the worst thing an 8.3 can face because they are literally unkillable if the F-104 has a brain.

The game is very compressed. Being uptiered shouldn’t put you against things that are miles better than you. Just because you don’t think it’s bad, doesn’t mean others think the same way.

Saying compression isn’t an issue is astoundingly stupid.

1 Like

And you are unkillable to F-104s.
It’s a stalemate.
Me in my Mig-15 vs an F-104, both of us survive because neither of us can get guns on target.

A Maus isn’t miles better than a T-26E5 by the way.

Glad you 100% agree with me that saying compression isn’t an issue is at least naive.
However, no one in this topic said that compression isn’t an issue.

Please explain how is MiG-15 unkillable to F-104?
F-104 has advantage in everything bar turn rate. If I overshoot, I’ll just zoom up and leave you in dust and there’s nothing you can do to catch up to me. Starfighter pilot would have to be REALLY stupid to engage in a turnfight against a MiG-15

Glad you 100% agree with me that saying compression isn’t an issue is at least naive.

The thing I don’t get about you is, why do you keep saying stuff in such… Weird way?
Is it that much of an issue to say “Yes, you are right. Compression is the issue”?
Instead you say “No one has said that compression is not an issue but it’s naive to say that it is (?)”
Why talk in such cryptic way?

2 Likes

The F-104 has a fatal flaw in its rudder design where it cannot correct itself in any timely fashion.
I noticed this when starting to use the F-104A last year and was like “Wait, I can use this against F-104 pilots.”
I haven’t died to a single F-104A or C in over a year when in another fighter aircraft after learning that flaw.
I do a corkscrew if it’s a headon, and I go perpendicular and do an opposing force maneuver if I can go perpendicular before the get to me.
So they boom and zoom, I keep my speed, and we both continue on our ways.
They may attempt it again, they will fail of course, and neither of us kill the other.

It’s not cryptic, it’s me being annoyed that an irrelevant statement is being brought up and I having to deal with multiple things at once trying to get my attention.

Regarding the rudder issue, this might be isolated to 104A and 104C because I have not experienced that in 104G since latter has large rudder.
However, what I don’t know if this is instructor issue or something else because Starfighter can use roll rate to it’s advantage. Department where MiG-15 sorely lacks in.

1 Like

So we go back to review bombing? Because last time we did that they cried about it and told us to go to the forums instead.

If your goal is not to hurt the game, please use other, less destructive ways. For example, leave feedback in our forum

If using the forums is pointless and irritating, then why does this forum exist? Just to control the narrative and minimize criticism through censorship by making sure this criticism is voiced in an easy to control place opposed to Steam or Reddit where people might actually hear it?

1 Like

That’s the issue; this should NOT be the case.

Uptiers should be an inconvenience at most, not a struggle, even less so when the majority of the matches are statistically uptiers (as proven by many users who have made records of thousands of matches proving it).

Uptiers should make you face vehicles within the same range of capabilities as yours, even if a bit better in some ways; NOT vehicles that severely outclass yours in every field to a degree where your vehicle is rendered straight up obsolete and pointless.

2 Likes

Review bombing did nothing.

@SPANISH_AVENGER
Yes it should be the case. Struggle is what makes games fun. Having kills handed to you doesn’t make games fun.

You’re literally agreeing with my previous statements and disagreeing with your previous statement in your own post.
Within range = able to kill.
We’re literally in agreement on not facing outclassed vehicles.

You were around in WT for long so I’m sure you’ll remember a little thing called “Quantitative matchmaking”
In a nutshell, matchmaker put same amount of X, Y and Z battle rating planes per team.

For example 8v8 match
1x 7.3
1x 7.0
2x 6.7
4x 6.3

Both your and opposing team would have same BR composition
But somewhere down the line that idea silently got scrapped and we are where we are now

It’s the only reason we have the roadmap, it’s the only reason we have pretend transparency, pretend economy reductions.

1 Like

But there will always be something on the bottom of the feeding chain.
However I am VERY satisfied you also realized that there must be something done about high number of top BR planes in brackets in same battle.
Enemy team having 75% of 10.3 jets in 9.3 - 10.3 bracket is not fair for your team which might have just a handful of 10.3s, effectively making your team at disadvantage from the start

No, the only reason we have the roadmap is forum posts from thousands of players.
Review bombing happened hours AFTER the economy was reverted and special form opened for submissions.

This is physically impossible as there’s a 4 player hard cap on top BR players. Identical to the 4 bomber hard cap. If there is a bug that allows players to circumvent it, you should report it.