Your SPAA Wishlist for the Next War Thunder Update!

It has the ability to operate alone, and has an automatic target detection within the sight FOV, meaning that any targets visible to the sight will be automatically detected and displayed, which has an IRST to aquire targets and accurately track and fire on them, but for any targets outside of the sighs FOV, you would have to detect them yourself like with the Lvrbv 701.

Unfortunately that’s just a mocup. The Bofors BOSAM on an ACV Puma chasi to be specific, which never went beyond a wooden mockup of the turret.

This one looks like a real vehicle.

1 Like

Sadly not. Not a single BOSAM turret was ever produced with the entire project never going beyond a mockup. We do however roughly know how it would perform if built, so they could be added as an exception in a last ditch effort if Sweden is in need of an SPAA which it would fill the role of.

We don’t know what radar it would have gotten, but it would have been made by Ericsson, and it looks a lot like the same radar that’s on the ASRAD-R so it would have probably been the same one, and we know the missiles which were planned for it were based on the RBS 90, so it would have roughly the same performance as the ASRAD-R.

Basically it would have been an ASRAD-R with more ready to fire missiles and more missiles in total (it would have carried 16), but sadly neither of the proposed BOSAM variants were ever completed as the turrets were only mockups.

2 Likes

does it shoot the entire box or is it a break upon launch type like patriot

Breaks the box(top)

Looks like I was wrong back then. It can launch missiles using the IRST without relying on the command vehicle.
Some technical details of FM90(HQ-7B. Apart from the missile everything is same as HQ-7)

Screenshot1

4 Likes

Possible for AA Guns can be towed and operatable at the same time? Some nations will lack a variety of useful SPAAGs but maybe allowing these Towed AA be operatable can allow some more breathing room for keeping up with many threatening CAS aircrafts.
Oerlikon_35mm_twin_cannon
Similar to how this works.

Spoiler

Japanese VADS-1 kai 20mm anti-aircraft gun
1622275204_-1-na-pokaze

Japanese 35-mm twin anti-aircraft gun
1622206442_japanese-l90-or-gdf-002-35-mm-twin-cannon

75-mm anti-aircraft gun M51 Skysweeper
1622206297_m51-na-kolesnoj-povozke

40-mm anti-aircraft machine Bofors L60
1622205947_40-mm-bofors

7 Likes

with the introduction of AESA radars i really want this, with functional AHEAD ammo of course

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 Like

I dont think we will see PESA/AESA any time soon.

I dont think towed anti aircraft guns can work that way. Towed AA guns are usually detached and locked in place before firing.

2 Likes

So should the Pantsir and Flarakrad but…

Also a more related one would be the South African SPAAG’s.

1 Like

Spaags dont need any extra preparations before firing but a towed AA gun needs to lock it’s wheels and extend it’s support arms(If it has any). Otherwise it wont stay still.

I’ll sure it’ll be fine.
I don’t think OSHA has power in the military.

2 Likes

Yeah towed stuff can bring more vehicles to the game.

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with safety. It’s mostly done because of the recoil. Towed AAs are quite light compared to a SPAAG

Well those are exceptions. Some SAMs dont really need to extend their support arms in order to fire the missiles. SPAAGs can fire on the move but towed artillery cannot.

Yea, most of them does not need, but some do. Just showing it

2 Likes

Herz-9(Copy of HQ-7)

1 Like

Wasn’t the FV4005 supposed to use the shovel thing on the back to fire?

2 Likes