Please give Britain a better mid rank SPAA, there is NOTHING! Planes/choppers are currently in plague numbers

Britain didn’t develop much in the way of spaa in ww2 past what we already have because they had air supremacy after the battle of Britain so there isn’t much they could add that would change the gaps in UK spaa line.

Personally I use the crusader AA Mk1 until the falcon. It’s exceptionally good once you get use to the lead.

Use the Bosvark instead. Also, USA and Japan is in far more need of a new spaa than Britain.

1 Like

It uses same 20mm as skink, no?

40mm boffors. Good for killing planes and tanks

Oh right, my bad. Forgot theres more than one Crusader AA.

1 Like

My idea if we’re struggling to find proper SPAA to fill the Gap.

As for Japan, since the Introduction of Thailand’s F-5E FCU, there’s a possibility for Gaijin to add Thailand’s M163 VADS at 7.7 Siam-Thailand Lineups For Japanese Tech Tree - #246 by Nikolai_Kachorn

Yeah but we don’t have towed artillery in game so until they decide to add a whole new vehicle type and mechanic not much can change these trees. I do t suspect they will ever be added.

For a nation with no roof top MG’s you would of thought the RAF would provide top cover. Give spitfires same SP cost as SPAA 😆

If anything I’d argue the BTR-ZD is slightly undertiered.
It’s got incredibly potent anti-air potential, it just needs controlled bursts rather than full spam.

Given, just cause some others have it worse doesn’t mean Britain shouldn’t get anything.

That will need a lot of practice, I had a hard time finding correct lead value, and 23mm shell’s track is not that straight.

1 Like

I just use the Bosvark…
It’s good enough for Soviets it’s good enough for me.

The issue with this is that it’s basically a worse R3. So likely 5.3 - 5.7.

Between that dead zone the only thing I can think of is the original Skink prototype. With the welded turret and Hispano 20mm. So you should get the higher rate of fire and 60 round magazines instead of 30.

1 Like

M19 and M42 are good, I really don’t get how people think otherwise

Fighters are cheap already and better at clearing the sky

Yes but you cant spawn a fighter at start to counter helicopters and CAP runners who spawn bombers. British tanks are not the fastest.

@Razielkaine all rank 1 tanks are fast, britian sucks after 5.3 till you get past mid tier then they become reasonable

Maybe in AT role.

If an enemy or team mate can get into a loaded CAS at the start then a clean fighter gets out sooner. And it is pretty much accepted the best AA is a plane and game mode been geared with this in mind.

Until a version is found (SPAA to go on 5.3-8.3 gap) it is down to intelligent decision making, or face the consequences.

Not thinking appears to be the direction the game has taken regarding players, hope Gaijin enjoy their bank balance catering to this change.

1 Like

I wish people would stop with the Brit tank speed thing. Tier 1 Brit tanks are some of the fastest, tier 2 the Crusader’s are fast, tier 3 and 4 you have Cromwell’s, comets etc all still fast plus the south African vehicles if you want them. Centurions will reach a first cap more often then not with their peer tanks and chieftains are the same…

Nit having a go if that’s how it sounds but we really do need to squash this reputation of not having fast tanks in the tree. (this doesn’t mean they should continue ignoring British light tanks and the fow is a good start)

@Wishie7119 not all tier 1 are fast but yes most. Crusaders, cromwell, crusader, challenger, avenger, charioteer, Vickers 1, 3, 11, VFM5, falcon, rooikat, now the fox and a couple challengers are quite fast as well as the premium chieftain. And the speed of the centurions, fv4202 and challengers are generally underappreciated, especially when off road.