TOR M1 should be removed from the Chinese tree and replaced by a domestic option

HQ-17 chassis it seems are different from original russian one

They look almost identical, though. I don’t think any Chinese player could derive satisfaction from such a thing - and it would continue the stigma of China being a copy of Russia. Which is the focus for me.

It is good to know that the HQ-17 is not exactly a TOR M1, though. I will update that line in my post.

2 Likes

I don’t hope gaijin remove Tor-M1 from china tech tree but drop BR to 11.3 in ground AB/ground RB/ground SB, and add HQ-17A at 11.7 BR in rank 8 after Tor-M1

I think it would be great if they at least updated it to an HQ-17 and renamed it to the HQ-17 if they were to keep it. The TOR M1 is reaaaally egregious in the Chinese tree because it is outright 100% Russian.

I personally have no idea why they added the TOR to the Chinese tree instead of the Russian tree to begin with.

2 Likes

I think they add Tor as counterpart to Tunguska as Tor was 16G with good engine burn time so better sustaining of overload and 2S6 with short burn 18G missiles, but with guns. Both of them were fixed to 42G and 32G much later when Pantsir already was in game.

1 Like

HQ-7 can be added as a replacement. It’s the chinese equivalent of Ito-90

3 Likes

I’ve also just realized that we already have the AK-630 cannon IN THE GAME on the Russian Coastal ship MPK Pr.12412. This means that if Gaijin wanted, they could easily add the Chinese SWS-2 and CS/AA5 SPAA with very little effort. And it’s the same weapon found on the Type 625E and FK-2000 SPAA as well.

The CS/AA5 uses the same HN-6 missile found on the PGZ04A and the same chassis as the ZTL-11 in-game and the same AK-630 gun as the Pr.12412 in-game. Every piece is there. I even think the radar is identical to the PGZ09.

1 Like

i think that HQ17 is a localized improvement models of Tor(about radar), and the HQ17A improved more about missile, but its a long time after read the information of HQ17(A) so im not very sure

1 Like

I’d prefer that if Tor-M1 is removed it is replaced by a in-service Chinese system. Most likely HQ-17A given the capability required at top tier, but adding PGZ-09 or HQ-7B as intermediaries wouldn’t be bad either.

1 Like

China getting the VT-4A1 has opened the door to many, many vehicles built for export, as well.
We could also get the CS/AA5 SPAAG turret, which is currently in service. All of its parts are available in-game currently.

(Albeit it appears that its missiles might be improved over the PGZ04A, which is good as that would make it more capable at a higher BR).

2 Likes

I was kinda curious why they added the Tor-M1 to the chinese tree, since they acctually have an own version of this vehicle, the HQ-17

the second thing that wondered was why the russians got the Pantsir, and not the Tor-M1.

Since if the russians got the Pantsir, i think the chinese should have get the FK-2000 instead of the tor or otherside around? since these are like the counterparts~ same vehicle ranks~ same functions~?

Tor-M1 to HQ-17
or
Pantsir to FK-2000

2 Likes

Exactly. I was extremely angry when I saw that they’re adding the TOR to China.

1 Like

I don’t like playing SPAA if its not effective in anti tank roles as well, would not support the removal of TOR M1 from the game but it can be foldered behind another vehicle as a backup and an option like the FK2000 can be put in place

2 Likes

It has improved version of AK-630, with more ammunition types. Better than the base Russian gun and certainly better than the shit known as GSh-6-30.

4 Likes

The HQ 17B is a wheeled version of the HQ17, with 4 rather than 8 launchers but the rest is similar, perhaps a better AESA radar? (IDK)

1 Like

Ito-90M = Crotale NG
HQ-7 = R.440 Crotale
R.440 Crotale ≠ Crotale NG
it even not equiped with search radar :(

3 Likes

What about HQ-7B? Does it get better missiles?
Even though it lacks search radar still it can be a good spaa for 10.0 BR

1 Like

The missile should have longer range and mobility, could use laser, optical and radar to attack 3 enemies like TOR could do in game, and the based vehicle is upgraded to a 6x6 platform

1 Like

Btw some info about the HQ-7B(FM90)

1 Like

I don’t quite know about HQ-7 since Gaijing thinks a new tank is too much work, they will simply change the name of TOR-M1 to HQ17, making it no better. The HQ17A would be much more interesting with a second gen AESA radar, which should be able to lock onto more targets at once, but has like 6 missiles at once, and has to reload after firing.

1 Like