WW2 vs Cold War:

This tank isn’t even close to being as good as the maus.

That’s just the current be system with extra steps.

I don’t care how much sp I need when I can’t get any kill and I would be even less interested if I had to grind the Swedish tree with that.

Also what would you do with stuff like zachlam tater or the type 60 both are already some of the worst vehicles and would be even worse after this.

And there are a lot of post war spaas in the game what would you do with them?

Ok, lot’s to unpack here.

Firstly, this would not be a replacement for Ground RB, but an entirely optional mode under the “events” tab.

Certain nations would neccesarily be less viable or not represented at all due to the nature of an “authentic” WW2 only mode.

This is not a problem in my eyes, because it’s just an optional extra game mode. Nobody is forcing the Sweden or France mains to play it.

As for the M26, no it’s not equal to Maus, and that is OK. At risk of sounding like a broken record, this is where SP cost comes in. What does it matter that a Maus is superior if you can spawn the M26 three times to their one?

You can kill the Maus using APCR, track/barrel torture them, or report their position so CAS can deal with them.

This is what “a-symmetrical” means.

As for post war AA and Zachlam Tager, what about them? This is an optional and hypothetical WW2 mode we’re discussing. It wouldn’t change regular RB ground.

1 Like

Let’s get back to the basics. How authentic? Just a hard cap to the Cold War or completely historical matchmaking? Only with realistic team like axis vs allies or teams like we have already in RB?

Das is already dominant and if I had to guess I would say half of the SPAAs up to rank IV are post war. Removing them would make CAS even more dominant.

Good question, and a very difficult one to answer.

I think there’s a lot to be said for all of them, pros and cons.

Some people want a 100% authentic matchup with allies vs axis, some only want production vehicles, some just want HEAT-FS gone, and so on…

If I were to guess, the most popular sentiment seems to be capturing the essence of WW2, with vehicles from the actual time period. I don’t think the majority is into splitting hairs over prototypes and production numbers.

So IMO an Allies vs Axis matchup with a selection of vehicles that fit into the time bracket 1939 to 1945 would be pretty interesting, and something many players could enjoy. As for the exact time bracket, I don’t know. Probably V-day in Europe, or V-day in the pacific?

As for the SPAA, that’s a tricky one. I know there’s still untapped potential with WW2 options, still quite a few vehicles we could get in the future.

1 Like

Funny that you are trying to stat shame when you have a thread asking for hiding profile information. Laughable. Just shows you’re a hypocritical ignorant turd.

That is beyond the fact you have no idea how account transfers work…

3 Likes

I feel like “top tier“ vehicles and the strongly reduced numbers of spaa would be the main problem of a ww2 event/sidemode. The fact that one side has objectively better vehicles than the other side will probably lead to way more people wanting to play the “better“ side. Even with the changed sp people still like to get kills and are most likely willing to pay more sp for a vehicle that will get them this kills more easily.

They already tried this asymmetric gameplay with better stuff costing more. The mm sucked because people would just choose whichever team had the better stuff. Plus people would just leave if they could get the better vehicles.

Average player doesnt want a onesided fight

There should be 2 tech trees for nations

One - with prewar and WW2 tanks, top at br 6.7
Two - with cold war tanks, with br 7.0 being a reserve

You wanna sboxes - play tech tree number one. You wanna cool modern-ish tanks? You skip sboxes and play from 7.0

I already said this but as an extreme example: the ikv 72 is at 1.7 and also a Cold War vehicle.

Maus at 6.7?

I assume you refer to the D-day event, 75mm Shermans vs Panther?

My issue with that event is that the difference between the tanks was too great, and the difference in SP was too little.

I agree that the decision of which side to join shouldn’t be a no-brainer, that is a sign that it wasn’t balanced right.

In this mode we’re discussing the top-tier tanks of each side would be more comparable IMO than the dinky 75mm vs Panther matchup.

@Tagnoch
The US Super Pershing for instance is just as good as the Tiger II H. IS-2 1944 is also comparable.

The only real problem is the Maus, and that can be solved in a number of ways. For example by limiting the max number of maus, or in the most extreme case: exclude it alltogether.

What about the British, the Italian and the Japanese? All of them were more or less important nations in WWII.

You again, move along nothing for you here! Like one user told me you are known for nonsense and starting ridiculous arguments!

2 Likes

I mean he’s right about what he’s saying.

2 Likes

Most US T series are prototypes ,same as Coelian ,some US/USSR tanks were never built .

Yes there no denying that. But as far as I am aware the Coelian was just a wood mockup, that didn’t even have guns mounted I believe.

Same with the Ostwinds 2 and Ho-Ri and probably more tanks, not to mention aircraft and ships. But this person is asking for Gaijin to bring back these vehicles, just because other vehicles that are no better have been added. They’ve already made posts about why they took them out, and why they do not have plans to bring them back. This person made a post about this same thing last November and got an answer from @Stona_WT but they still keep asking. Like I said before, I’d personally like to see the tiger 105, panther 2 and Coelian come back, but I can accept the answers and choice of Gaijin and won’t keep making threads asking for them to come back

I have all four of removed tanks and am using them ,truth is that they are always in full uptier and it is not fun.

Gaijin has been refusing to do this since tanks were introduced since they think their flawed methods are better.

1 Like

What’s the 4th??

I personally love uptiers just because it requires me to use my brain

The flawed methods of taking out vehicles that weren’t built? At least in the way they are modeled in game?