Would War Thunder be a better game in the hands of the modding community and away from Gaijin?

It could work only if good players are going to take care of it.

1 Like

Yeap, of course.

Exactly…

We even had the Player Council thing… cannot remember what it was called exactly now… but the point is, it was destroyed from the inside out by said players…

^ This guy gets it!

You can do that with the CDK…

And if the map is posted on WT.Live the Devs could add it in game if it is popular and or the Developers like what they see

4 Likes

This is interesting.Player created maps.Might stop some complaining.Be nice to see the community put its money where its mouth is and see if it can actually do better when making maps or discover that making maps to appease everybody is harder than it seems.

Maybe when I said Mods I was thinking more of the creation club side of things where some official game elements were fan made originally.

1 Like

They could certainly learn a thing or two from Wargaming.

It is not totally out of the realm of possibility, Developers are very Player Friendly… they have adopted a number of player ran projects and adopted them in game, Italian Tech Tree and the Japanese Ground Forces are at least two off the top of my head… a great many player suggestions have been added to the game too

So, you never know… there may be limits and or limitations and or Devs may just not want to go in a certain direction, but you just never know!

2 Likes

I wouldnt really go there… both games are entirely different, I was a NA Super Tester well over a decade ago, so I know how different things are

1 Like

And I bet players of future games of this kind will speak of Gaijin the same way.

Well, they would… Technology is changing all the time, the Developers are constantly updating the game as technology changes

Anyone making a game from scratch would naturally have their own vision of what their game is going to be like

War Thunder is in a class all of its own, there are similar games but nothing comes close

1 Like

I think the things that players hate about WoT are similar to the things players hate about War Thunder.Boils down to a great game ruined by little things and that is a great shame.

It’s like a big glorious balloon with a tiny nail in it’s side.Small things making big issues and no where for even the most positive player to escape to.I left the other game because I hated the mad era mix and now we have 6BR flooded with Cold war stuff that is killing us with ease in big superheavy WW2 tanks.Now I am back at 4BR and hoping to hide from the new dev choices but no ,they ruined all the maps so there is nowhere to go now. I find now I cant play Cargo port just because one tiny error means you cant fire through fences at a tank 50 meters away.Kind of given up now.Keep coming back to the game ,keep getting knocked down.

1 Like

A year ago I would have been totally with you on that one

1 Like

The issue is that many fantastic maps often go unnoticed and aren’t considered for inclusion.

I, along with many others, have been eagerly awaiting a hilly, forested map.

It would be great if developers could select three map types with different themes (such as semi-urban, open fields, and forested), and then allow players to vote on which new maps they want to see added. This way, developers would gain valuable insight into what players truly enjoy.

And this way there would not be a gamble. Then have play testers play the map to test any issues or unfair places.

1 Like

The modding community for a single player game is much different than a modding community for a MMO. There are so great minds when it comes to War Thunder modding, I’ve seen so myself , but the community as a whole, nah.

2 Likes

there are, some of the WW2 airplanes are made by mod makers.

You can try and make a suggestion for some of them, and that would raise awareness of them if the suggestion passes

There are a fair few that have been made by content creators for sure, I even helped finish the skin for the HE-219 that was made by a player for inclusion in game by the Developers

1 Like

Hey I love fallout 4

I love it but I could not play it now without the mods.Even the unofficial patch cleared so many bugs and gripes.The mods basically did all Bethesda’s work for them until Bethesda came back after a number of years to screw it all up.

Everything I now hate about this game (which is unplayable for me currently ) are just things Gaijin have done over the last year or there about. In that short time its gone form the love of my life to no games in a week.All I have currently is the realization that I wasted a lot of time and money : ).

I am hoping for better things but can’t see it happening ,Gaijin don’t seem to go back on changes made.

What do you play on? Because it runs fine for me. Only major problem was it crashing when I went to the map. And that was fixed by deleting the dozens of auto saves the game made and only keeping one or two a character.

X Box X.It ran beautifully with over 30 mods until Bethesda’s return.No crashes not even in Downtown Boston with Two companions ,now its a stuttering wreck.Load order is band on but finding which mod may conflict with what ever Bethesda did is hard.

Series x or 1x? Because I’m on a series x with no mods and it runs fine.

1 Like