Would War Thunder be a better game in the hands of the modding community and away from Gaijin?

People having to spend a lot of time and effort creating things without any real avenue for it to be added into the game is problematic, someone could spend countless hours creating a vehicle or a cockpit with what I assume some 15 year old software and jump through all the hoops, and the best you get when it comes to implementation is

you never know…

I never use WT.Live and I’m sure that goes for many people, not having a proper avenue for people to show off their work and instead having to post it on this site and hope their project their spend hundreds of hours on stands out amongst all the shitposting and anime waifu skins and sights is ridiculous.

2 Likes

You can suggest changes to the game at anytime.

The recent damage mechanics were polled by Gaijin.

Gaijin doesn’t have a vision for the game, new vehicles are player suggested, new camos are player made. They use AI for ingame art. Game mechanics are changed only after years of player feedback.

1 Like

No it just wouldn’t.

You can’t have that kind of modding in an MMO. It’s simply far too impractical and would cause as many issues as it could possibly fix. It would also be quite impossible on a technical scale for so many different versions of War Thunder laying around that people would have to install and update.

1 Like

I tend to agree overall there.Don’t know if you are familiar with fallout but they have creation club much of which is fan made items made official ,maybe something along those lines could be implemented such as player Skins.No doubt used for payment.

I’m surprised what Gaijin don’t sell for a company so obsessed with charging for every element.Maybe it all goes into chests and I wont touch those.

Only thing I would say regarding the modding community vs the game manufacturer is just how distant and out of touch the latter can be and how much imagination the modders have over the official game makers.The whole FO4/Skyrim scenario bears that out.

I am. I own FallOut 4 and do own quite a bit of the CC content. For War Thunder, almost all of the " CC " content we see is skins that are in the GE chests. So yes, Gaijin does monetize that " CC " content already.

As for the second bit, sure. But bear in mind that Fallout - Minus 76 - and Skyrim are both single player games while War Thunder is an MMO. It’s apples to oranges and as such can’t be compared nor contrasted accordingly.

1 Like

The recent damage mechanics were polled by Gaijin.

Illusion of choice.

MAte the game is over 10 years old. we still have the same bugsas back them. There is not a single game where noone encounters a gamebreaking bug.

Gaijin really needs to go at this point. They have failed for years and will never fix anything.

No.

We voted against all but the modules, gaijin included more than just the modules. Gaijin has always lied and never will not lie. simple as that

bugs bunny NO ...

1 Like

bruh… have you ever tried making a game even when using a basic program like scratch you will still get bugs, some that cannot be fixed at all due to the programing language’s limitations. (ps don’t try calling me out on this because I have indeed made some basic games)

Thats a little harsh my guy. Yes there is a ton of stuff people do not like that gets added but the game is still alive isn’t it? On Steam War Thunder is just below its peak amount of players then you also have to factor in people using the separate launcher instead of steam. Is there a lot that I and many others wish they would change, yeah, is the grind long and painful, yeah but people play and the game is alive. Gaijin could have just stopped doing stuff ages ago and let the game die and let people move on but for years it has been updated over and over. Yes it had to be review bombed to get the economy fixed but they did it right? They still could have just sat there and ignored everyone and let the game die but they didn’t and they kept their word and pushed a lot of good changes since.

Kind of a weird argument to make when other nations have been getting more and better stuff than Russia. Top Tier Air is dominated by US right now, Russia isn’t doing so well. Top Tier ground is dominated by Germany and Sweeden, then Naval is Naval (love you guys but cant speak on it cause I dont play it).

If they were to listen to everyone it would be a shit show? At least by what I am aware of they listen to people who can provide a viable source to their information which is more than valid.

? Don’t even know what to say, I don’t think many people have heard of this happening, well at least I haven’t.

I must be the only one but I like the changes to the maps, it makes it so one side of the map didn’t get an advantage because they had a stupid spot. Now I am all for long range maps but like when one side has an insane spot and the other doesn’t that kind of needs to be fixed does it not???

Sorry for going on a rant but a lot of what you said either does not make sense, would be worse in the hands of a “modding community” or something else.

I am in no way saying that Gaijin is perfect because they are not but no game developer is perfect tbh, I play a lot of R6 and a lot of the time I hate changes there and its the same with other games. Then honestly to keep a game going and have the player base increase is kind of a good thing, the player base would be a ton smaller without Gaijin.

First of all a forged document about that makes no sense because at least to my understanding of the mechanic the fuel explosion’s/fire’s isn’t different per vehicle because you cant get a real statistic of something like “oh on the leopard fuel explodes when hit by a round that weighs this but on a T-90 its this”. Like that makes no sense soooo I don’t even know what to say. Not saying you are lying just seems a little odd also I don’t read the Russian Forum cause you guessed it I ain’t Russian so I have no idea what happens over there.

I’m from the Russian forum. Tell me the nickname of the person who photoshopped the documents. Somehow I’m sure it’s either made up or confused with someone else

True,you must be : )

No bro you just play both sides ,like a game of soccer when the wind is blowing in one direction only

Such as?

Modules and passive healing passed.

New fire sources was very close but wasn’t passed, they mentioned how the new modules would produce new sources for fire anyway so they’ll see how that goes.

Stun and concussion mechanics were not added and are not planned to be added.

1 Like

You’re given a yes or no answer. Once the mechanic is passed it can be adjusted. The healing mechanic can be made to only be enabled on capture points. It’s now in the game and can be actively developed.

1 Like

Overheating not working on multiple vehicles
Bugged fulestanks
Inert shells exploding while charges could not explode anymore
broken breeches allowing you to still fire at times
a dead comander making it impossible for you to shoot in vehicles with a gunner and commander and commander overwrite.
there is lots more which they needed to fix and some they have not fixed even now, like APHE shells fusing on bushes

You did not whine about bug fixes. You complained that Gaijin did not follow the results of the poll.

man than properly quote wtf.

Gaijin included the “more fires” which lost by a huge margin in the poll with the modules. Simple as that

I think it is Militarysta, but not sure.