Wishlist for Germany (WIP)

I’m wishing for marder 2 in closest patch. Just as a Germany variant of kf-41 (30mm and 120mm)

5 Likes

Just because of this :

Marder 2 my beloved

I hope we will see 2 calibers. But stay a question about PARS system

given Gaijins willingness to fudge other vehicles armaments at times, I hope to see at least the PARS MR system, given its a laser beam riding missile

Which will do a " hit " and nothing more :)

1 Like

East Germany represents a very important part of german history. It should be represented in WT, and aside from 2 tanks it is entirely gone from the ground tree. Also, they had some unique modifications.

2 Likes

IMG_4695

As I said, let’s add the interesting stuff and keep copy paste out

2 Likes

we all can win this, you can get better western things and we can get the GDR vehicles as well.
no reason to not introduce one or the other

2 Likes

I kinda view the DDR/BRD as a Sub-tree situation similar to China overall.

They both represent vehicles from eachother and both have unique qualities.

That’s why I wouldn’t fully dislike there being some elements of C&P in both trees.

4 Likes

I can name some reasons.

A. Potential bloat
B. Loss of interest from players because everything will just be USSR at some point
C. There are very few gaps that would need assistance from GDR in the first place
D. I am not one who believes in nationality or purity in such things, but the German tree generally has a Western character, which they do in their own unique way and that is very appealing. A big expansion of GDR equipment would lead to the loss this character while also adding very little flavour. Don’t get me wrong, I agree that Germany should be able to get these vehicles, there is just no point and I would rather not see them. Not every tree needs to have this mixed/neutral character that Gaijin is seemingly pushing.

I am not one who is opposed to copy paste either. I view it as a necessity in many cases and even like to see it at times.
To take a Chinese example: it’s very interesting to have M18 and IS-2 in the same lineup.
This, however, does not mean that it should be encouraged when unnecessary.
This is why I am not a fan of adding GDR copy paste vehicles to the German tree: gaps are very few and far between. Whenever they do exist, the FRG likely has an answer for it that simply hasn’t been added yet.

well we could always use stuff like the BMP-2, or the Mi-24D at 8.7 because tbh germany could rlly get a good buff with those

2 Likes

That is agreeable, but east germany did have their unique modifications. There’s also less noticeable vehicles like a Shilka or Strela 10 that they also used and could be added.

2 Likes

German OV-10B(Z). Bronco with a jet
IMG_4696

2 Likes

goofy…
i like it!
now give it guns

Who wants a turret bOiZ???

2 Likes

Video of GDR soldiers singing “come out ye black and tans”

1 Like

Is that a Kübelwagen 182?