I think that Gaijin did a great job working on most feedback of the backlash starting/mid of 2023. I highly appreciate what you did and hope that everyone understands the importance of making games for the community while not implementing EVERY feedback (since some strictly contradict each other). But specifically the economy changes made WT a lot more enjoyable in the last months for me.
So I wanted to highlight my personal wish-list for 2024 for War Thunder in the hopes that most points find a majority in feedback and eventually will be implemented:
- BR-Decompression: I think that this is still the unaddressed priority one feedback point. Specifically the traverse between WW2 and modern era vehicles requires attention as it isn’t fun to play against AIM9B or higher while flying a jet which doesn’t have warnings and/or flairs. I recommend to either lower BR range for matches to 0.7 or extending the trees to ~15 (up from 11.7/12.3 respectively).
- Bottom tier: It seems to me that in average, you get about 50% of all matches absolute bottom tier, 30% close to bottom (bottom+0.3), 15% close to top (bottom + 0.7) and only 5% top tier. It correlates to some info Gaijin shared some time ago that only 4 players of each team are going top-tier. I think this rule makes the match-maker unnecessarily complex and is a big fun-nuker for the players.
- Scouting bug: In more than 50% of all cases, I have issues with scouting. Either nothing happens, or scouting is blocked without any notification (not scouting the enemy of course). It is a known issue and Gaijin shared some update that they want to address this. Please handle it with priority!
- Invisible players: I have it pretty regularly that players aren’t displayed on my client. Not sure how much bad connection plays a role here, but even well-known streamers have videos on players popping in and out in open field. Not fun to be destroyed repeatedly by players who will become visible only in the kill-cam!
- Stock vehicles: I find it pretty depressing how some vehicles lack proper equipment while being stock. This is HEAT rounds for tanks (good for large, open maps, but bad for maps with a lot of walls and fences!) and no armament except static guns for planes. I request at least for planes to have some bombs/rockets to start with to be able to collect more experience in stock battles with damaging bases/AI ground forces.
- Ground forces plane spawn: I request to have a closer spawn point for slow planes. Obvious case are propeller planes in BR 7+ matches where there is only a single spawn point 15km away from the map while there are also planes going close to mach 1. I suggest to have at least 2 spawn points and selection is done automatically using the top speed of your plane.
- New game mode: Attack/Defend convoy/location. This refers to one team owning the defendable item from start and there is only a single one.
- Map cycle: I often experience that map cycle is mainly depending on time. For instance, at 10PM there are some maps/game modes which are popping up more than 50% of all matches while others don’t appear at that time. Then, at 11 or 12PM, it suddenly switches to another map/game mode preference. Please make sure that maps/game modes are randomized all times and not “averaged” over 24 h.
- Start of daily timer: I find it very annoying that my daily timer starts at 7PM, sometimes it seems to have it on 6PM. I request that dailies always start at ~10AM in regard to your local time zone (including daylight saving changes).
- Daily vs. map cycle: It seems to me that currently, the map cycle works AGAINST daily quests on purpose. For example: If you have a daily for base capture streak, I either get game modes with only one capture point or defend base missions. When changing the daily either by sitting it through (with 20% of matches enabling the daily in the first place) or purchasing a new one with SL, you suddenly get maps/game modes which favor your previous daily…
- Map size: While I think that map sizes got better, I still recommend to have map size being more attached to BR of the match. Don’t put maps in ground battles with a 150m scale in BR 8+ matches!
- I want to be able to apply multiplier (SL/Exp) AFTER the match. I suggest to have it in the match wrap up window and only if you stayed in the match until it finishes.
- Being able to convert generic Exp using SL.