Why is the F-16 ADF 13.0?

I do not understand why it is 13.0.

• Mig-29 is 12.7
• Yak-141 is 12.7
• Mirage 2000 CS-5 is 12.3!!
• JA37D is 12.0!!!

This makes no sense whatsoever to me.

7 Likes

FM wise its better than anything you mentioned, armament wise aswell. Any other questions?

4 Likes

Yak-141 is inferior to the F-16.
JA-37D is a Mig-21SMT in flight performance.
I was gonna say F-4, but every Phantom flies better than both SMT and JA-37D.

3 Likes

are you sure??

1 Like

Don’t be mad about that, be mad the F-15J is at 13.0. That’s egregious.

4 Likes

Yes, I am certain.
I’ve done many tests involving many jets.
War Thunder’s “brickiest” Phantom, EJ, flies better than the Mig-21MF, the 2nd best Mig-21 airframe.

1 Like

but the F-16 A is already 12.7, but lacks any SARH missiles.

Armament wise the F-14B outmatches it and is also 12.7.

and let‘s not ignore the F-20 that basically has the same armament and the FM is similar

Yet nobody has seen any evidence of any of the crazy batshit things you claim about these jets!

13 Likes

In my opinion the issue isn’t the F-16 ADF being rated 13.0. It’s that aircraft like the F-15, MiG-29G, and AV-8B Plus share the same BR. These planes should ideally have higher BRs, but due to compression, they would struggle against higher-rated aircraft like those at 13.3. The performance gaps between aircraft at the highest ranks are simply too large for the current BR system.

Reducing the maximum available uptier to 0.7 or even 0.3 at the highest ranks would significantly improve the game. Gaijin could also consider a matchmaking system where aircraft equipped with SARH and ARH missiles are not matched together, at least until Air RB is adjusted to better accommodate these newer generation fighters. I don’t think such changes would drastically affect queue times.

For instance, the Su-27, released just one major update ago, is now almost always matched with 13.7 aircraft and struggles significantly. Top-tier SARH gameplay was enjoyable, but the introduction of ARH missiles has made it much less so.

Just fyi, this is the SIM section 😉

@ topic: It has better
-Flight model
-Radar
-RWR
-Cockpit visibility

then the planes you mentioned.

3 Likes

JAS39 Grippen is 13.0 also with better everything, even not mention that he have 6 9M and F16 ADF has 9L’s only.

You can’t aknowledge that snail just fucked up once again?

5 Likes

Snail fucks up every time, like F-5C and F-5E being same BR,where the 5E should be 0.3 higher than 5C

3 Likes

F-16 better FM than M2K???

1 Like

Sustained yes, one circle no.

exactly! Besides the F-14B (which only has SRC PD HDN), what other fighter is supposed to be able to compete with a Mig-29? F-4J is 12.0, but has 0 Chance in a fair dogfight, the F-16A has no BVR capabilities which only leaves the F-20A, which first of all is a €74,99 premium and can only carry 4 AA missiles (when equipped for BVR).

Meanwhile the Mig-29 can carry 6 including the R-27ER1 which is arguably the best SARH missile in the game.

The only somewhat fair opponent is the F-16 ADF with its AIM-7M.

1 Like

I find F-16A is the best plane at 12.7 …

Didn’t play yet any 13.0 F16, but with AIM-7F I guess they are well there.

Very good misiles but many times you can’t shot it because of the shity radar that loses target with no aparent reason.

I have been spanking Mig-29s with the F-16A still stock … so much better the F-16A

1 Like

Which is better in absolute everything except the two R-27ER1 the Mig has, which are crippled by the shitty radar of the Mig.

The ADF would be too strong for 12.7.
I see, that it is not the top dog in 13.0, but it belongs more into 13.0 than in 12.7.

2 Likes

4 things

1. F-16 ADF (US/IT) should get AIM-9M/AIM-9L/I (respectively) considering that the Belgian one gets 9M at the same BR
  2. MiG-29 and Yak are the two most silliest vehicles in the game. One is a 1990’s aircraft with 60’s missiles. Other is a fake vehicle that should not have and didn’t need to be added to the game. MiG-29 should have R-27ER’s removed and put at 12.3 or something. Yak should just be 13.0 considering it has 2 ER’s and 2T’s. (Or they give it R-73 [13.3] or R-77 [13.7]
  3. Fr*nce is just a sad nation. Held back by shitty radar missiles, pushed forward because of IRCCM heat seekers. If there was a midpoint between the Magic 1 and 2 they would have some aircraft that were between 11.7 and 13.3. I can see why the M2K is 12.3. Will be smoked by anything in a BVR fight but will clap in heatseeker range. Also the fact that it has 4 missiles holds it back.
  4. Yeah the JA37D being 12.0 seems fair. Maybe it could go up to 12.3 but no higher. It’s held back by having 2 Skyflashes but they’re good missiles. I was thinking they could give the JA37C RB74’s and give the 37D RB99’s.

But we need another decompression session. Move it up to 14.3 and ground up as well. Maybe naval might be more enjoyable as well.

4 Likes

The Belgian one doesn’t have AIM-7F …

And the harriers with AMRAAMs 14.0 ?

I see in you service record that you haven’t used the Mig29 and the Yak141 in sim, theory is one thing, and how they work another

1 Like