Why is the B-29 at such a bad br

yeah, they could just about.

adding more targets is also a solution to the bomber problem, but that’s more of a fix for higher tiers

Alternatively, more airfields like sim, with longer maps.

Make screening for bombers and attackers actually worthwhile instead of just being a prick.

True. But i like the idea of all planes being able to affect the outcome.

It doesnt have to be the auto ticket bleed. Could just have the modules like sim and the enemy losses X tickets per module destroyed.

Would be more than what is lost in sim due to the quickness of rb.

If we start putting bombers at BRs based on their defensive capabilities (which I am not opposed to) every British Bomber before the second Lanc is going to be 3.0 at best.

And they might even be playable.

1 Like

Yeah, that could work. Just need to strike a balancing act though.

If bombers are too strong / can win matches, they will either get nerfed via higher BR or everyone will just focus them down even more than they do now. Too low / weak and they’ll be totally worthless to the team.

Honestly would be funny if this happened and only looked at defensive weapons. Arado for reserve tier

1 Like

Yeah… But honestly. I think its needed. Though even just dropping most of them down 0.3 BR to begin with would be a huge buff. But probably does need a LOT more

2 Likes

Against the ToS

2 Likes

Forgot, no fun for Italy, France, or Britain.

1 Like

Defensive capabilities might mean more than turrets though. Speed is a factor and Arado is reasonably quick is it not?

(Kinda hoping we might see a actual mosquito bomber now we have split BRs and that would be the same, no turrets, no guns, just speed and bombs)

But yeah, looking at the British bomber line, the only one that is the correct BR imo is the Canberra Mk6 and only because its got that gunpod and surprisingly good FM. Everything else is probably at least 0.3 BR too high, including both the buc S2 and Gr1

Right now, they have no purpose since they dont affect the game, other than taking up a slot.

The main issue i see is the average fighter. The biggest issue that caused bombers to overperform was that fighters would always dive on the first enemy they see and hardly anyone would climb to fight bombers.

1 Like

Pe-8

It’s 4.3 in RB and 5.3 in sim.

3.7 in RB, 4.0 in sim.

4.3 in RB, 5.3 in sim

Maybe the Yers as well since a 20 mm cannon can murdicate planes

The B-25j technically has similar armament, but it feels very lethal to get anywhere in its gun range.

It can be fast. But unless you have alt, it does not like to gain speed.

They need to utilize the option for different BRs based on game mode more.

Bombers like the Lanc and the Welly should get higher BRs for Ground RB than they do for Air RB because of the big bombs they can carry, like the Pe-8. These kind of bombs are more effective in Ground RB than they are in Air RB.

We also really need a dummy base to bomb in the test map. It sucks not being able to dial in how many bombs a base takes at a given BR, especially when some bombs have more explosive filler than other bombs despite being the same weight.

Yeah, that would be an awesome addition. With the “improved test flight” coming Soon™ I hope they include that, In the meantime:

and yeah, I hope the reason for the massively delayed BR change is that we are getting full air and ground decompress that will include seperating lower tier aircraft based upon air vs ground performance

2 Likes

Assuming your bomber doesn’t fall apart like it is made of tissue paper before you get to a base. They do need to unfuck the survivability of bombers. I’m sorry, but if plane survived flak rounds IRL, a few 7.7 rounds aren’t going to knock it out of the sky in the span of a second.

2 Likes

That… is also the other half of the equation. All aircraft damage models need an overhaul. Give them a major increase in fidelity. Even the smallest fighter is quite badly affected by this. But the big bombers, with just a scaled up damage model. Just sucks. Instead of that 7.7mm damaging a tiny part of the airframe, it damages a huge area.

To fix bombers they need:

• Balance based upon survivability not bomb load (especially with the split BRs meaning ground can be ignored)
  • Overhaul damage models (making them more detailed and not necessarily about them “stronger”)
  • Overhaul Air modes to improve their usefullness and their chances of actually getting any reward
  • Overhaul Contrails.
1 Like

1 Like