Why is the B-29 at such a bad br

The B-29 is at such a bad br i almost never make it to the bases without been shot down or been badly damaged. Please change the br to something a little lower.

The only reason is the bombload, which could easily be fixed through adjusting the tonnage needed to destroy a base.

It’s got 3.7 armament (in the best-case-scenario for defending, 8x M2 12.7mm), with 5.0 speed, and 1.0 climb rate.

Imo, it should be 6.0/6.3 max.

4 Likes

Id argue maybe more like 4.3/4.7 ish, but yes, hard agree on everything else, 6.0 max would be reasonable for it

This game is set up for fighter pilots. Everyone else is just targets and window-dressing. (GFRB does reward CAS more than anyone else, but a good dogfighter can still rule most BRs of that.)

1 Like

Mabye 4.7 for America, but only 8 .50cals is far behind 4.7 compared to other nations.

I would say it could go down in br now that bombing bases cant win matches.

What bombers have better firepower below 4.7?

It’s because WT is not a game made for strategic bombers, a long time ago they used to be very strong, surviving cannon shots and whatnot, and the AI gunners were much stronger than they are now, and this is just the aftermath of people complaining about bombers.

it would be much much better to have an alternative gamemode where it was just bombers / more bombers over fighters

Pe-8, Yer-2, literally anything else with 20mms.

They should just allow for the airfield to be destroyed again.

It would actually make bombers a threat again and allow them to affect the outcome of a match.

I’d point you to the lancaster.

is that not 5.3?

With 7.7s. 8 x 7.7mm machine guns.

it’s also got the biggest bomb in WT

British bombers love those 7.7s. They didnt want to hurt their enemies so they used 7.7s to tickle them until they went away.

1 Like

And smaller effective payload, worse survivability, less effective machine guns, and you want to put the B29 below it. Because we’re pointing to air battles, where one large bomb is useless compared to a proper payload of smaller bombs.

Lancaster doesn’t even get the Arson mission load.

I wasn’t saying to move it to 4.7

i agree with that completely

Well… thinking off Britian, they dont get anything bigger than a 7.7mm until 5.3 and then only 1x 50cal. No 20mm until 6.0.

So B-29 compared to something like a Lancaster. The B-29 is extremely well defended.

But, this goes to the heart of the problem. Bombers, especially heavy bombers, are balanced around their bomb load, not defensive capabilities and it shows.

1 Like

Even if it doesnt affect the outcome of the match ,just making AFs a permament target will mean all strike aircraft will always have something to bomb. Like in Sim

Also make things like Vulcan and Victor almost worth adding.