Weapon selection: sequential selection and priority system

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Currently in game, the “weapon selection” option does not cycle through the available weapons in a logical manner and instead jumps between the different weapon options in what could only be described as a “random” order

To demonstrate this I took a Harrier Gr7 into a test flight carrying

2x Aim-9L
4x AGM-65D
2x GBU-12 Paveway II
1x Mk13 UGB

This would be the order that I’d expect the weapon selection to use

IR guided AAM > Radar guided AAM > AGM > GBU > UGB > Rockets

I’d additional expect to be displayed in the same order that as well in the interface, so the selection control would cycle through the options from top to bottom and then loop back round.

This way, the highest priority option would be selected first, and you’d have a predictable number of button presses to reach your desired option. 4 options as shown above would require 4 presses to reach.

However, this is not how the game currently handle weapon selection. Not only does it display in a random order, that weapon selections jumps up and down through, but the sequence is also not logical.

When cycling through the weapon selection it cycle as follows in the aforementioned Gr7

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-07-17 235230

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-07-17 235239

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-07-17 235247

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-07-17 235255

It is displayed as

UGB > AGM > AAM > GBU

But weapon selection cycle through the options as

GBU > AGM > AAM > UGB

Having Weapon selection both match what is displayed in the interface and having a priority system in place so that high priority options such as AAMs were at the top would be great quality of life improvement

9 Likes

+1

2 Likes

+1 to this one

2 Likes