BAe Harrier II (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Imagine a new AirRB map, with a coastline and ships, a carrier or two, that you could go wipe out with the Sea Eagle.

2 Likes

Adding to this (Im going to have to make a suggestion now arent i?)
Coastline map with ships to attack, taking out a carrier would be equivalent to taking out a Base.

2 Likes

This is kinda what we have in SB. Though carriers take quite a bit of ordanance and reward little. Though we do have maps with naval objectives.

Suppose with more ASM carriers the rewards could be adjusted. They’d also have to improve the ASM targeting logic, which is pretty pants right now.

Yeah, seen a lot of MFGs complain about their ASMs missing. You can take out a carrier in a single pass in a tornado dumping 12k of bombs on the deck currently, but gives nothing for damaging it and only the person who sinks it gets sonething little. Theyve also recently decided to turn off the carrier AA so at leasts really easy to hit

I’ve currently got an on-going Suggestion about weapon selection ordering. Quite a big QoL change on the Gr7 if it gets added. Would love to get your feedback

Submitted another report to follow on from my report on Tornado’s RWR detecting Missile command guidance signals about the GR7 having the same capability.

Spoiler

1 Like

so like MAWS can on helicopters?

OHHH nice

Oh sorry I though I was replying to something else haha.

No this isn’t the TERMA pod that has the same sensors found on the AMASE.

The missile command guidance signal detection via the RWR is for missile datalinks. So missiles that use mid course correction from the launching aircraft via a datalink to help guide the missile in.

Does anyone have any info regarding the service history of Harrier GR.7 ZD318? It seems to be the only GR.7 that can get Brimstones, and was also used in the ADEN 25 trials as well.

Apart from being the first built in a development batch, believe it stayed with BAE for it’s whole life but was upgraded to GR.7 & GR.7a after 1992 like the other GR.5s

1 Like

Separately, have the book FOX TWO! book on the GR.7/9 and it lists the Mk.82 as cleared to use, most likely from Kosovo. Does anyone have any photos? Would of been a very small window frame for their usage.

It also says re Brimstone, only the trails aircraft at BAE (ZD318, 319 & 320) along with 3 aircraft on 41(R) Squadron were flying with it.

ZD318 (DB1) - First British Harrier II, Upgraded to GR.7 & GR.7a
ZD319 (DB2) -Upgraded to GR.7
ZD320 (DB3) - First GR.5 production, never saw squadron service and was retained as the third db. Was upgraded to GR.9

I don’t know about you but I find it a bit anyoing that you still have to cycle through the maverick sight when having the targeting pod equiped

1 Like

Agreed. Especially annoying in SB. Without that its toggle between cockpit and TIALD with no extra step

1 Like

With the Litening pod coming to the new F-16, does this mean its time to start poking the devs for litening pod for the Gr7?

I think it used Sniper, not Litening, which was used on Tornado GR.4s.

LITENING II is already in game.

But not on the Gr7, I assumed it was being withheld for “balancing reasons”

It wouldn’t make a difference iirc there both exactly the same in game. Sniper pod is the one it should have