VIDAR must be increased in BR

You don’t have to remove or add anything. The VIDAR would still be totally fine at 8.7/9.0.
It’s not a CQC vehicle, and it’s not designed to fight tanks on a level playing field, it is a sniper first and foremost. From experience the VIDAR is absolutely a capable platform, and even against Abrams it would still do well.

3 Likes

Whether a vehicle is designed for CQC is irrelevant due to Gaijin’s insistence that all maps support CQC gameplay.

Tell me about it :/

One of the main reasons why I’d take the Jumbo (75mm) over the Tiger H1 in almost any map.

1 Like

It does not need one to move up.

I don’t care WHAT Gaijin does, as long as it nerfs this thing.

People play it because it’s bad, right?

3 Likes

The hardest part about the VIDAR is all the large space it has- I frequently find myself failing to Overpressure it and dying to it in vehicles like the R3 T106 or M551 or even things that carry TOW and I-TOW missiles, like the M113A1.

And id argue it’s not a skill issue, because there have been plenty of times where I have aimed for ammo and either got nothing or got no explosion.

If it has less space and was easier for other vehicles to kill, it would be fine at 8.3. but it doesn’t, and it isn’t. Because of all this difficulty, it’s just best generally to have it move up.

1 Like

If you’d shoot the rooftop machine gun then you’ll kill it every time. I’d be happy to test it in a custom if you have the IS-4M.

I did some more looking at it seems you can shoot it anywhere between the turret and the hull on the turret ring and it’ll kill it too.

1 Like

I just shot a VIDAR from the front with the FOX gun (with APDS) where the gunner in the VIDAR is and did NOTHING. What should have happened is gunner dying. I also hit one of them with HESH multiple times and nothing. Disgusting.

Ironically it would probably do even better at 8.7 than it does now.

Concerning it was just on sale.

And people clearly were very desperate to get this absolute garbage tier vehicle.

Ladies and gentlemen, what we’ve got here is an example of the low tier, low skill specimen who bought a VIDAR and now regrets it because even with it being OP, he just can’t get a kill. Congrats bruv, you’ve outdone yourself.

1 Like

The AMX-32 105 should be lowered to 9.0 or 8.7.

If it goes down to 8.7 then nobody will use the two that doesn’t even has stab lol

1 Like

It’s not even worth replying to this nonsense, it would just go over your head, again.

Yeah.
On that note, the VIDAR is pretty strong nonetheless, and it definitely deserves an increase in BR, but definitely not 9.7 (xD).
It should be fine at 8.3, or maybe even 8.7, but that might be pushing it too much.
At 8.7, there are a lot of vehicles with stabilized APFSDS with laser rangefinders, so the only thing the VIDAR has to offer at that BR is the great HE shell / Proxy HE shell it gets and the thermals (as well as the reload I guess).

The AMX-32 105 is worse than the AMX-32 120, and they’re both at the same BR, but then you have the MBT-70 at 9.3, and the XM-803 at 9.0.
Both of these vehicles are inferior to the AMX-32 105 in almost every way, other than perhaps the mobility. The AMX-32 (105) is good at 9.3, and the AMX-40 is at 9.7, which is also really good.
I think the AMX-32 (105) should be at a lower BR than the 120 but there isn’t much room to put it down, especially when there are inferior tanks at its same BR.

Issue is that the other HE slingers that are close to it’s BR and are a lot worse in comparison, lacking rangefinder, lacking thermals, longer reload.

The new PLZ has 15s reload instead of 6s, lower pen HE with only 30% the HE, no thermals, no rangefinder, even less armor that can be penned by .50s, lower top speed, only 25% the reverse speed… pretty much worse in every single way and the only thing that makes it useful is that it gets an APCBC.

Type 99, slower reload, fewer crew, less armor, less mobility, no rangefinder, no thermals etc.

VIDAR should probably be closer to 8.7 than 7.7… it’s still going to one shot everything and it will pretty much be played in the same manner, compression is just an issue for everything, and it has benefitted from it long enough.