VIDAR must be increased in BR

If it were 8.7, it would still be able to face 7.7 vehicles…

Besides, a lot of 7.7 vehicles are a lot more trickier for the VIDAR to kill, than 8.0 upwards vehicles. M48s just ignore overpressure unless you hit the cupola, and the situation is similar with soviet heavies like the IS-4M and IS-3.

This whole thread is at this point just the same old debate about balancing glass cannons. “Can kill everyone, gets killed by anything”.

2 Likes

I’m literally having fun with my Type 99 SPH that sits at 7.3 with no range finder or thermals or no stab and fighting 6.3 tanks and can still perform just as well as the VIDAR in firepower. Not sure how anyone is not complaining about it though, maybe they don’t see it as often. I’m actually glad it’s at 7.3 as it allows me to deal with CAS with the M107 (PF).

1 Like

Agreed, the Type 99 is one of the most fun vehicles in the game. Haven’t had much luck myself with the proxy shell, but that’s just because of bad aim :(

It’s one of those where you have to play it enough and use that round a lot to get used to it. Really takes time to learn its velocity before it becomes 2nd nature. Was able to down a bomber 4.4km away. A VIDAR would probably do it on its first try due to Laser Rangefinder though.
https://www.youtube.com/live/XP6ZzQ0UUvQ?si=pJgZkqhvWr8PH8gZ&t=2468

1 Like

Do we talk about the same vidar ?

I go and play the skill issue card

because all your hightier tanks are either premiums or event vehicles, the vidar is a amazing vehicle

you

Average Vidar enjoyer

so back to back to skill issue

and about this
Im sure they could come up with some kind of hard lock or something, the other game managed it too
so

1 Like

It doesnt matter where you put the Vidar as it will only destroy anything it touches. The only way to balance anything with the Vidar is lower the explosive mass but to do that means a lot of players being very upset. Its a fine line here and tbf it could go up to 11.0 and still do just fine. Its doable and possible but in the end, it wouldn’t matter at all.

Ah, can’t discuss the actual vehicle characteristics and have to bring up personal stats like it makes a difference, sad thing is you looked up the wrong stats. I never once claimed to be a stellar player, and my performance in a vehicle doesn’t change the factual data about it.

So 563 m/s second is a high velocity gun? The gun is not accurate past 1km. Look at the Strv 103-0, it has an actual high velocity gun firing APDS and it is laser accurate, being able to put a round into virtually the exact same spot at a similar range where the VIDAR cannot even hit the point of aim because of the guns inaccuracy.

Hey look, you must have missed where I said this. The VIDAR isn’t some super vehicle that is near perfect in every way. It has some serious drawbacks to it, but it is a strong vehicle at 8.0.

How about you use the OE F3 with 935ms ?

Lie

Lie and L2p issue

sorry what ? you saw the picture with an average kd of 2.5 in rb and 5.37 in arcade ?
Those are not my stats but the average stats in it

how do i look up the wrong stats when its your stats ? XD

https://thunderskill.com/en/stat/Laserdestroy
No point in hiding your profile…

My point stands with highest vehicles ( for ground are mostly event/premiums/squadron vehicles)
i even went so far to look you up ingame :)

1 Like

I must say I have done some good work since those stats were up to date. Really weird that there are no statistics for the last month, maybe you should look into that. I’ll say it again, wrong stats. It is quite amusing that my actual stats can’t be seen in game, quite unusual though because I couldn’t find them either.

I’ll try this, I used the M107/PF to keep things similar and ignored the other shell. Thanks for helping me improve.

Went to test the new shell and it is just as inaccurate as the M107, but it does shoot wildy high sometimes. The added velocity is a nice touch though.

Yea, I believe Thunderskill as much as I believe players that just say “lie” to everything someone that disagrees with them says. The terrible gun handling is not a lie, the bad accuracy is not a lie, the low shell velocity is not a lie for 2 of the 3 HE shells. If you think it is a lie that the VIDAR’s accuracy is not much worse in comparison to the Strv 103, then you must be high.

it doesnt have stab bro you will never use this thing at frontline tvd and lwr is too good for 8.0, uptier to 9.0 is enough it is not like you will be pushed to meet T-90M or Leo2A7

The VIDAR shouldn’t be 8.0, I agree- it’s too strong as it stands, having everything but a stabilizer- something a fair bit of tanks don’t receive for a while anyway. Moving it to 8.7 would be perfect, as it still has power without facing the 7.0s/7.3s (and being a rarer sight for the 7.7s and 8.0s).

1 Like

Are you trolling because killing aircraft by using HE shell good luck unless you use aimbot I don’t see how you look on planes except helicopters hovering slowly.
9.7br means Vidar would see T-72 sturm and other verhicles that would survive the first HE shot and helicopters that would send it back to garage instantly.

You’ll never get either Gaijin or a lot of other players to recognize 8.0 is waaaaay too low for the VIDAR. A, because Gaijin has no idea what it does on the best of days and B a loooot of players bought the VIDAR pack and don’t want it to stop being OP.

2 Likes

I was going to ask about this, VT / Proxy fuse rounds travel a certain distance before the fuse goes active, after that they explode as soon as something enters the trigger radius. In the case of the VIDAR, they are a normal fuse up to 300m, after that they explode when anything gets within 3m of the shell. that means that when you are shooting at a ground target more than 300m away the shell is exploding 3m before contact with your target, and that’s assuming nothing else triggers the fuse first.
If you take the VIDAR into a test drive, park on the re-arm point and try to shoot the T90 in the lower plate with the VT fuse round you will see it. The round will consistently detonate about 2/3rds of the way up the hill, a good 80m short of the T90. In order to stop the terrain triggering the VT fuse you need to aim over the T90 by about 120m, by which point the shot is going to burst too high to do any real damage… and also rendering you LRF useless.
Hopefully that’s helpful, I have seen plenty of people in game having issues with the SPHs and it took me a while to figure out they where shooting VT rounds at everything.

Worst poster on the forum please just leave i dont even like the VIDAR i think its pretty meh and i dont have issues killing them but dont lie the gun is nearly 1000 m/s the only tanks you’ll have issues killing are IS-4M since they’re pretty much unkillable with HE

2 Likes

Give it a two plane stabilizer and move it to 10.0

According to wikipedia this thing also got spall liners, slap those on too

Thank you for reading the posts before you posted. Maybe there was a reason I was unaware the other shell had a higher velocity. Almost like I admitted that I was wrong and began using the higher velocity shell long before you came to this thread.

The IS-4M is no harder to kill than any other heavy tank with a rooftop machine gun. All you need to do is hit that machine gun and it will virtually always overpressure the tank because of the thin turret roof armor. Picture for proof of concept:

It was a T-10M, but again it is any vehicle with a rooftop machine gun.

If youd actually try shooting is-4m you’d know how inconsistent it is with doing any damage to them with HE

Yeah, how about … hmm, lemme think … FUCK NO. How about Gaijin remove some HP from it and also the LRF to, you know, make it more in line with other SPHs. What’s that? That’d be ahistorical? Ok. Increase the BR then. Just DO SOMETHING. It’s disgustingly OP atm.

It’s not moving up in BR with no stabilizer.