These BR changes are absolutely ridiculous. Gaijin has zero clue what they're doing

What are you even saying?

Yeah
Then, why not let F-2 Sabre and CL-13A face Me 262 A or Meteor Mk.3 again?
Isn’t it fair because it happend in 2014? Can’t wait to see my full CL squads gets full downtier games and wipe enemy team in few mins just like that.

2 Likes

Prove it’s not.
We have proof that it is being taken seriously: The Roadmap.

Coming from someone who has experience flying both planes: The Me-262 cannot kill a Mig-15 unless that Mig is afk or insanely stupid.

@AlvisWisla These BR changes. They are compressing one BR that was perfectly fine before, instead of doing decompression by moving the max BR up. Recently it seems like Gaijin has more focus put into new content, rather than changing existing content, and improving certain aspects of the game.

7 Likes

You have more say than i do in this case then.

“They are compressing one BR while decompressing another BR that was perfectly fine before.”*
Fixed it for you.
Decompression is the most labor intensive work period purely with how much math is required.
Wait for the June update, prep your articulate civil feedback for the next feedback form.

I play Genshin Impact which is F2P but, never had any real frustration except grinding.

They are far better than Gaijin and other developpers at squeezing money out of players and getting them to try different character combinations or character itself(vehicles in the War Thunder).

We also have proof that they aren’t, from the update to the proposed changes, in Gaijin’s own words:

We’ve seen proposals to instead of reduce the Battle Rating of the MiG-15 and F-86, to increase the Battle Rating of F-104 and similar aircraft instead. We’ve decided not to do this because it will not only affect the effectiveness of the MiG-15 and F-86, but will also worsen the competitiveness of the F-104 and other similar aircraft in other nations.

This is them literally choosing compression of an entirely new BR bracket over decompression of 8.3/8.7.

Also, it would not be hard to do a quick decompression of top tier air. If they just focused on the most egregious portions, that’s 9.3 to 12.7, and you could probably get there with just another 1.0 BR. If I were in a position to do so, I could bang out a quick proposal in a few minutes, gather a bit of feedback for a couple days to refine it, and publish it with the previso that it’s a first draft and additional balance changes would be forthcoming if there were any issues that slipped through.

This is not too much to ask from them.

5 Likes

That’s not proof, that’s you pushing conjecture.
Proof is T-72B3 being 11.3 instead of 10.3.
Proof is F-4E being 11.0 instead of 10.3.
Proof is separating air and ground battle BRs.

Top air is already decompressed, there’s at most 0.3 more they can do to alleviate 11.3 a little.

The largest compression is 9.3, which remains true.
And all of these are less compressed than their competitor in the battlerating-like department: World of X.

1 Like

They’re going through with the BR changes they have posted.

2 Likes

Enough for you, not for anybody with any sense.

3 Likes

It doesn’t.
You are right that the 11.3BR is compressed, but that is a problem with the other BRs as well.

On 11.3BR, F-4J(UK) shouldn’t have the same BR as FG.1 and FGR.2, but its BR cannot be lowered because F-4E that doesn’t have PD radar sitting on there. Same goes with F-4J and F-4S.

On 11.0BR, F-4EJ shouldn’t have the same BR as F-4EJ because EJ doesn’t have AIM-7E-2 but, can’t be lowered to 10.7BR as well.

On 10.7BR, F-104G(Italy) shouldn’t have the same BR as F-104G(Germany) because Italian one doesn’t have x4 AIM-9J loadouts but, can’t be lowered to 10.3BR if you compare it against F-104J and F-104G(ROCAF). Same goes with F-5E because it has same BR with F-5A(ROCAF) which has AIM-9P.

10.3BR is fine because only issue is MiG-21SMT/MF which is just undertiered. IMO the cap on the flareless jet BR should be 10.3 BR but that is off topic.

On 10.0BR, Mirage IIIC/IIICJ shouldn’t have same BR with Mirage 5F/Nesher because Mirage III has better performance and has Matra R530 that is really decent missiles for killing CM less jets like F-4C and early F-104s but, they can’t go higher BR because of Mirage IIIE.

I don’t think 9.7-8.3 needs any explanation because you know how compression on there really bad rn.

On 8.0BR, Meteor Mk.4 G.41G shouldn’t have same BR with Meteor Mk.8 because Mk.8 has better performance but, G.41G can’t move down if you compare it against G.41F that doesn’t have cut wings.

BRs below 7.7 should be fine most of the time. Only need thing is some undertiered or overtiered jets should gets correct BR such as La-200 and Meteor Mk.3.

8 Likes

So because not every BR is as compressed as 9.3 currently is, that’s Gaijin taking the decompression issue seriously? That’s a low bar, and one they aren’t even meeting because they’re actively attempting to compress 8.0-7.0 the same way 9.3-8.3 currently is.

This is an entirely seperate issue, one that should have been dealt with long ago. After this mess, I have doubts they’re going to do it properly too. Can’t wait for those problematic CAS planes like the AMX to go up a whopping 0.3 BR in ground, that’ll solve the issue.

11.7-12.7 is somewhat decompressed, but only as a result of there being very few 11.7s (and those few being very unpopular). Sure is a lot of fun facing 4th gens with IRCCM missiles in my hardwing Phantom with 60 countermeasures!

Then you have the 12.0 F-16s and MiG-29s just victimizing the old 11.0s, like the F-4Es, MiG-21 Bises, etc.

Those 11.0s in turn get to deck on the various flareless planes at 10.0-10.3.

Said flareless (But with high G missiles) 10.3s then push down the F-104s and MiG-19s, and are you seeing the pattern yet?

Wow, what a high standard we set for Gaijin here. Maybe we can strive for something above rock bottom?

3 Likes

EJ doesn’t matter cause it’s balanced when 11.3 would be decompressed by 0.3.
Mig-21SMT/MF is as under-BR’d as Mirage 3E. They’re not really under-BR’d, they’re more involved with the 9.3 compression than anything else.

10.0 is part of the 9.3 compression.

lol It’s the same issue. Ground vehicles have been preventing air decompression, so this allows Gaijin to work on ground and air separately rather than trying to do both at the same time.

AMX is moving down to 10.3 for ground, and staying 10.7 for air…

No they haven’t. Air has had a substantially higher top BR than tanks for a very long time now, there was quite literally nothing stopping them from continuing to increase that limit and move planes further up. Ground far from suffers when CAS vehicles get moved up, especially at above 8.7 the guided munitions are still far too low compared to what can counter them (Eepecially now that Gaijin has decided to murder the VEAK).

This is also wrong. The AMX was supposed to move up to 10.7 from 10.3 in the first edition of the patch notes, but is now no longer moving up. And that was in both modes, the split BRs isn’t happening until the next content update, which is long after this BR adjustment goes live.

And to be clear, the AMX needs to go up even further than 10.7 in ground. 11.0 bare minimum. It has 6 GBUs and two AIM-9Ls at a tier where the vast majority of nations don’t even have a SAM yet, and of those most can’t point high enough to hit the AMX, sitting at 6km above your spawn, dropping GBUs with impunity. Can’t even counter it with CAP, as many 10.3s lack countermeasures, meaning attempting to climb up for him results in nothing more than getting an AIM-9L to the face. Try doing that when he’s top tier, and you have a subsonic Saber as your best CAP plane.

2 Likes

AMX is overperforming in air RB, which is why it was being considered for 10.7 to begin with.

Still not be fixed even if 11.3 has been decompressed. Problem is having same BR with F-4E and Kurnass. If Gaijin decompress 11.0 as what do you want to see at 11.3BR, decent 11.0s wouldn’t some share with “bad” 11.0BR jets such as F-4EJ, F-104S, J-7D.

…Yes, it is also overperforming there (It and all it’s all aspect equipped ground attacker mates), but that doesn’t detract from the issue that it’s even more oppressive in ground.

Not that it matters either way, because Gaijin (The people you’re attempting to defend here) cut that change. Apparently they think the AMX is doing just fine at 10.3.

Whatever, It can be moved to 10.7BR even with the current meta.
I don’t know about Mirage IIIE because I have never played it before but, When the MiG-21SMT/MF arrived in the game, it was quite OP, but when the F-4E arrived in the game, they acted as counterparts to each other and thus balanced each other out just like MiG-17 vs F-2 Sabre in old 9.0meta.

At that time, the F-4E/EJ did not yet have BVR missiles in the game, so F-4 players brought only AIM-9J/AIM-9P to fight against SMT/MF.

With that in mind, the current F-4F is quite close to the F-4E/F-4EJ in v1.97 “Viking Fury” and should work very well as a counterpart to it when the SMT/MF is moved to 10.7BR.

@Balanced_Game
Y’all didn’t read the entire post did you…

1 Like